MARVEL THEME PARK...IN DUBAI???

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Re: MARVEL THEME PARK...IN DUBAI???

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:34 pm

LaDracul wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:I miss the Marvel Resturant that use to be at Universal city.

Oh I freakin loved that place. They had the heroes painted on the ceilings as murals and stuff. It was awesome....now.....ITS A DAMN VAN HELSING THING WTF!

Actually, I think that they decided to make it a Classic Monsters Maze.

Or is this something else? Because you all know I'm a huge Sommersverse fan and I really think Universal is really making a huge mistake not recognizing the fanbase of that film...

Well now im not so sure. Maybe the Classic Monsters Maze is the old restaraunt and the Helsing haunted house is next to it. Either way, they pretty much eliminated Marvel from that park. And thats depressing.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:36 pm

Is this the California park you folks are talking about?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:36 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Is this the California park you folks are talking about?

Yes sir.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LaDracul on Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:40 pm

Yep. BTW, Screamscape says the Classic Monsters Maze is going to be called "Universal's House of Horrors" and will open on next Saturday.

At least the props from the film are still on display at USO...I don't think I got pictures of them last time...
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:43 pm

LaDracul wrote:Yep. BTW, Screamscape says the Classic Monsters Maze is going to be called "Universal's House of Horrors" and will open on next Saturday.

At least the props from the film are still on display at USO...I don't think I got pictures of them last time...

Oh well there ya go. I havnt gone since last November I believe so im out of the loop. I think it would be neat if they recreated scenes from those old monster movies though. Is that the plan?
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LaDracul on Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:29 pm

I think it is.

But I will say, even though I like HP as well, I'm miffed they changed their KUKA plans from VH to that. :(
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:53 pm

LaDracul wrote:But I will say, even though I like HP as well, I'm miffed they changed their KUKA plans from VH to that. :(

Anna what's a worse, the Dino, he donna even a know what inna the hell you are a talking about eh? I'm a pretty sure a the VH, she is a the Van Helsing, but I donna think a the HP is a the Harry Potter anna I gotta the nothing for a the goddamn KUKA, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby buster00 on Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:41 pm

NO, you can't have an Arab Disney World.

Not yours.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby instant_karma on Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:19 pm

LaDracul wrote:Actually, I think that they decided to make it a Classic Monsters Maze.

Or is this something else? Because you all know I'm a huge Sommersverse fan and I really think Universal is really making a huge mistake not recognizing the fanbase of that film...

There's a Sommersverse?

That thought chills me to the bone...
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby LaDracul on Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:45 pm

Verily, but I don't count "The Scorpion King".
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:49 pm

instant_karma stole my Q! :P

The Sommersverse . . . must be like living in a cheese filled wind tunnel.

On the Marvel front, in the Orlando Universal park, there's a whole island devoted to Marvel universe characters. The Hulk coaster, Dr. Doom's Fear Fall, Storm Force Accelatron, Spider-Man (best theme park ride ever) . . . plus Marvel themed restaurants and shops. Why am I doing a commercial for Universal? I have no idea!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby LaDracul on Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:56 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
LaDracul wrote:But I will say, even though I like HP as well, I'm miffed they changed their KUKA plans from VH to that. :(

Anna what's a worse, the Dino, he donna even a know what inna the hell you are a talking about eh? I'm a pretty sure a the VH, she is a the Van Helsing, but I donna think a the HP is a the Grande Rojo Potter anna I gotta the nothing for a the goddamn KUKA, eh?

Okay, KUKA is this robotic arm that Universal has opted for a H@rry Potter ride based on the flying car in book 2. Disney was going to use the same technology for an "Incredibles" ride, which let you choose your ride setting, but they decided to open "Toy Story" Midway Mania instead.

I dunno, I just think Universal needs to listen to the people that actually WATCH the films instead of what the critics think....or some people should start reading more...

But hey, let's get back to the Marvel Universe. I do remember reading the "Persepolis" books, which are an autobiography of Marjane Sartrapi in graphic novel form. At one point, a theme park idea based on myths and legends of Iran she had was chosen to be presented to an investor. He turned it down because he didn't like how the women were presented, though there were many heroic women featured prominently in these tales. So now I'm thinking because of those countries antiquated attitudes towards women, it might not happen.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:58 am

Marvel Adventure Theme Park Hits Dubai In 2013
Terri Schwartz wrote:Orlando and Hertfordshire have Hogwarts, California has Cars Land and now Dubai is going to get the Marvel universe.

The folks over at The Ilyas & Mustafa Galdari (IMG) Group have been planning on opening a giant Marvel-themed entertainment extravaganza in the City of Arabia, Dubai. It's set to open towards the end of 2013, but today an official ground-breaking ceremony took place to commemorate the start of production.

"Following the outstanding global and local box office success of Marvel’s The Avengers, and the strong affinity for Marvel in the UAE, we are thrilled to be working with the IMG Group to bring Marvel’s most popular characters to kids and families across Dubai," Simon Philips, President of Marvel Entertainment International, said according to Emirates 24/7 (via ComicBookMovie.com).

He continued, "Whether it’s having fun at one of the entertainment experiences, hanging out with friends and enjoying a meal or collecting the latest Marvel gadgets and action figures, there is truly something for everyone at Marvel Adventure."

The end goal is to have the 1.2 million square foot indoor family entertainment center be one of the area's "largest entertainment destinations." The Marvel Adventure portion of it will be 350,000 square feet and include retail outlets, dining facilities and "a range of interactive entertainment experiences featuring Marvel characters." That includes plenty of Marvel merchandise and food and beverages that will honor the wide array of cultures that Marvel characters come from.

"We are pleased to collaborate with Marvel for our multi-faceted themed family entertainment destination. This will be one part of the region’s largest entertainment destinations that IMG is developing which is sure to be a strategic landmark in Dubai, appealing to the region as well as other parts of the world," said Ilyas Galadari and Mustafa Galadari of IMG Group.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:00 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:06 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Gotham City in Abu Dhabi

Postby TheButcher on Fri May 05, 2017 2:03 am

Real-Life Gotham City Being Built in Abu Dhabi
The massive Warner Bros. World park also feature areas inspired by Superman's Metropolis, Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Comic Books