Jim Aparo, R.I.P.

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Jim Aparo, R.I.P.

Postby Vroom Socko on Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:31 pm

Jim Aparo, who along with Neil Adams was THE Batman artist of the 1970's, (hell, he was the best Batman artist, PERIOD!) died this morning at the age of 72.

You fuckers think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some shit?
Vroom Socko
GLIB

Great image...

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:35 pm

Great defining image of his work. Thanks (as much as one can thank the bearer of bad news) for the intel.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:55 pm

Thats the Batman I love and grew up with.

Respect and Peace to the man.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby DennisMM on Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:39 pm

Is that from "Will Robin Die Tonight?" Great stuff.

I mentioned to a friend that it was sad that Aparo was saddled late in his career with inappropriate inkers, and he replied that Aparo should never have had an inker other than himself. I have to disagree; even by the time of "Batman and the Outsiders," Aparo's line was getting pretty loose and could benefit from a solid inker. In my opinion, any penciller will continue to look great with the right inker.

I just don't know who would have worked best with Aparo. Maybe Joe Staton; their styles were quite similar in some ways.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Return to Comic Books