AICN COMICS: 7-20-05

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

AICN COMICS: 7-20-05

Postby Vroom Socko on Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:37 pm

You fuckers think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some shit?
Vroom Socko
GLIB

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:23 pm

You guys are too jaded. I read Batman All Star and thought it was fun and moderately dark. Glad there were no GIMMICK reviews this week though. Or if there were, I guess I skipped right over it.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby PVIII on Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:50 am

Anyone pick up Ultimates or Ex Machina yesterday? That last scene with Hawkeye in The Ultimates was fan-fucking-tastic.

PVIII
"It's an Illusion!"--GOB
PVIII
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:49 pm

First post in the Phantom Zone!! Scary... Anyone read House of M #4 yet? I picked it up last night and it was pretty much the thing everyone always hates about Bendis but I normally love: bunch of superheroes sitting around and chatting. Now, I liked this in #1 and in some of the New Avengers stuff, but I thought this issue was a little tedious... mainly because they were discussing things we already knew!! Wolverine just ran down the list of shit we'd already learned in this book, like he was catching us up on fifty years of history. It could've been ten time as good. Anyway, I'm still excited to see where it's all going. The only lingering concern I have is that the series is half over and not much has happened. Here's hoping all turns out well...
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby PVIII on Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:27 pm

Picked it up yesterday, but have yet to read it. Looking forward to reading that and the new Astonishing X-men.

Oh, and that's sweet that Ex Machina's been picked up by New Line.

PVIII
"It's an Illusion!"--GOB
PVIII
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:32 pm

Astonishing is pretty damn solid. There's a genuine "Oh, fuck!" moment in there, and some badass Xavier-ness. This arc doesn't pop quite the same way as the first, but it's still quite good and I like where it's leading. I'll be interested to read what you think, PVIII.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby PVIII on Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:09 pm

The House of M was pointless. I spent 3 dollars to follow wolverine figure out that it's not his universe. Fantastic.

The Astonishing X-men was great as usual. Though a little bit of a cop-out with the kitt/ colosus injury getting healed so easily, the dialogue is just spot on. Gotta' give Whedon some props. He's also a continuity God.

PVIII
"It's an Illusion!"--GOB
PVIII
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:13 pm

PVIII, totally agree about Astonishing. Best book on the market, for my money. I just wish they could keep the damn thing on schedule.

And was it me or did Colossus look a little like Human Shrek in that locker room scene with Kitty? There's on particular frame where he's smiling in profile.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:03 pm

I read All Star Batman... first comic I have purchased in like 15 years. Despite the fact that alot of space was wasted in Vickie Vale, I thought it was a solid start. I will be interested to see where this goes.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Return to Comic Books