AICN COMICS REVIEWS 11 30 05

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

AICN COMICS REVIEWS 11 30 05

Postby Ambush Bug on Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:51 pm

He who is aware of his folly is wise.
Ambush Bug
GLIB

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:00 pm

Hey, Bug, I said it over in the TB, but I thought your review of New Avengers #13 was very fair and accurate. I know you take a lot of shit for being a "Bendis-basher", but I thought you did a fine job of laying out your case.

Someone else a few weeks back wrote about how Bendis writes the incidental scenes better than he writes the BIG moments, and I think you touched on that idea nicely. I too feel like he sometimes loses the narrative thread in favor of those little, mostly-unnecesary side conversations.

But, y'know, I still love the side conversations.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby buster00 on Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:15 am

For my money, any sins Bendis commits are absolved by the delivery of a quality issue of "Ultimate Spider-Man" every month.

OK, ALMOST every month.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Garbage Man on Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:34 am

Welcome to the Zone, Bug. We've been needing more comic book discussion in here.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Ambush Bug on Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:28 pm

Well, I'll try to pop in every now and then. Work doesn't permit much, but I'll be around. Master Whedon, thanks for the kind words about the Bendis review. In the past, any reviews of Bendis have caused an onslaught of hate mail to my personal email address, so with those reviews especially, I try to work on making the reviews as serious as possible. Well...except when I'm not, like the "blah, blah" and "zzzz" reviews from a while back, and the one last month where I focused on the massive amount of articles in Marvel comics...and maybe the next review. But other than that, totally serious and an attempt at fairness.
He who is aware of his folly is wise.
Ambush Bug
GLIB

Postby untitleduser on Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:25 am

I'll be honest, I respect Mr. Bug's excellently written review and I think he's onto some good points...but I'm still hopelessly hooked on NA to the point of going 75 miles out of my way to get an issue. Good review though.
untitleduser
GLIB

Return to Comic Books