New Comic Wednesday!

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Re: New Comic Wednesday!

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:52 am

The 3.99 price tag is outrageous. My LCS has told me that it is killing them. The Marvel books can barely sell. He has had a lot of folks drop them. That is why the only books I follow from marvel are really going to be xfactor and fantastic four because those have yet to make the price jump.

I appreciate dc trying to give us more ban for our buck by adding back-up stories, but the price is still outrageous...just slightly less outrageous than marvel who offer no additional content.

I become a bit more tolerant when it comes to books tha are self published because those people are trying to recoup costs, but the big two should minimize overhead considerably and shouldn't need to charge that much to turn a profit.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: New Comic Wednesday!

Postby DennisMM on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:35 pm

The smaller companies that charge $3.99 are almost understandable, until they throw on the card stock covers and fill the back 8 pages with house filler rather than selling ads - or at least putting in a letters column. With some ad support and plain covers, they probably could lower the price to $3.50 and make the same profit in the long run. IDW is especially bad at this, and Avatar doesn't even bother with the card stock covers.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Previous

Return to Comic Books