New Comic Wednesday!

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Postby doglips on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:57 am

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
doglips wrote:the new Godland trade

verily, now I can buy the monthlies...and read them!

Yeah, I know that feeling - I've got 55,56+57 of Y sitting on the shelf and I'm waiting for Motherland ( should get it this week ) before I can read them. I've not even opened the bags, I'm quite proud of myself.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:55 am

Leckomaniac wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:And as an added bonus: Thanks Lecko for doing this each week!

Honestly, no thanks needed. I do this each week so that our comic book section doesn't fade off into a distant memory. I love knowing what my fellow zoners are reading. I love talking comics, but I hate frequenting places like Newsarama where most of the people behave like raving lunatics. I can honestly say that I have found more stellar books following Zoner recs than any other source.

Incidentally, I just checked out WWH #1, The Other Side, and caught myself up on Thunderbolts and boy was I knocked out by all three. WWH #1 was everyhing it should have been (I love Cho as a character. I hope he continues to play a part in the Marvel U). Other Side was nothing short of brilliant. Aaron is going to be a huge player pretty soon. As for the Thunderbolts...Warren Ellis has taken a concept that simply should not work and he has made it into something that is deliciously deviant, but never lacking in brilliance.

Burl, have any Marvel recs for me. So far, my fav. Marvel titles are: She Hulk, Thunderbolts, Ultimate Spidey, New Avengers, World War Hulk, X- Factor and Spider-Man Loves MJ. What else should I be reading?

Captain America (go back to #1), Daredevil since Brubaker took over and Runaways. If I think of anything else, I will let you know.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Vegeta on Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:48 am

Woo-hoo! Deadpool Gli Summer Fun Spetacular...
Seriously, I thought they were kidding about that when I saw it mentioned on the back page!
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby The Garbage Man on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:53 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Green Lantern #21 (DAMN YOU SINESTRO CORPS!)

Ditto to that.

Stephen Colberts Tek Jansen #1

HOLYSHITYES.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:37 am

Reviews O' Plenty!

DC

JSA #7 - This is the first issue after the "Lightning Saga" crossover with the JLA. Thankfully, this issue decides to scale back from the epic and focus on the more personal. We catch up with Nathan Heywood who has been missing from the pages of JSA since he stabbed a metal Nazi in the throat and the fascist threw up on him and grew his once-missing leg back. Yeah, only in comic books. Anywho, turns out Nathan has metal skin and is super strong now thanks to the Nazi puke. Most of the issue deals with the ramifications of this new development. Also, he gets a rad suit and gets to beat up on some Nazi's...taking on the name Citizen Steel. As a subplot...Superman eats Sloppy Joes with Starman. No, I'm serious. 3/5

Superman Confidential #5 - I absolutely love Tim Sale's art. I especially love Tim Sale when he draws Superman. That being said, I really wish this was story a mini-series or had taken place in one of the two Superman books. As it stands, this book just doesn't really serve a purpose. The only reason I am buying it is because of Tim Sale and Darwyn Cooke...once they are off the title, I will probably be dropping the title. The story is cool...just not cool enough to warrant a launch of another Superman book. 3/5

Marvel

New Avengers #32 - Oh Mr. Brian Bendis how I've missed you. After my long break from Marvel I am back in it baby. Brian Bendis welcome me back with...an issue where entirely nothing happens and everyone sits on a plane and talks for 32 pages. Seriously. Thankfully, right before the end the plane crashes, but up until that point it is talk city...gotta love Brian Bendis. After the big reveal last issue that Elektra was not what she seemed...I was expecting way more from this issue...plus the art takes some getting used too. Not exactly the kind of art you'd expect on such a high profile book. 3/5

Vertigo

DMZ # 21 - PLEASE! PLEASE DMZ PULL THIS WEEKS WORTH OF COMICS FROM MEDIOCRITY! PLEASE!!!!! Unfortunately, even one of my favorite books available failed to deliver this week. This "Friendly Fire" arc has gone on way too long. I have no doubt that Wood could have told this story in 2, 3, maybe 4 issues. But stretching to 5 issues is cutting it a little thin. This issue offered up absolutely nothing new, except the last few pages. A rare misstep. Lets hope the conclusion is worth it. 2.5/5
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:50 am

doglips wrote:Yeah, I know that feeling - I've got 55,56+57 of Y sitting on the shelf and I'm waiting for Motherland ( should get it this week ) before I can read them. I've not even opened the bags, I'm quite proud of myself.

oh man, despite the now 2months between issues, despite the somewhat anti-climactic lead in, #57 was one of the better issues of the entire run.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:04 am

I don’t even know what I have pulled this week; well, Countdown is surely waiting for me, and JSA, but other than that, I have no idea. Probably another 50 fucking green lantern books.

Thanks Sinestro Corps.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:26 am

This week I am asking my shop owners to stop holding Countdown. *sigh* There's no there there.

I'm taking off from work Monday and Tuesday. Maybe I'll have a big list of the last three months of reading here, though it might better be posted in Comics News & Reviews.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby The Garbage Man on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:25 pm

New Avengers #32 pissed me off. Let me get this straight: Bendis sets up the Skrull thing in 31 then does a bunch of interviews in which he talks about how this is the coolest thing ever, he's going to reveal secrets and subplots and mysteries we've never heard or even thought about before, and 32 is where things start to ramp up...

...then he proceeds to deliver 13 straight pages of people talking on an airplane. And what they're talking about reveals nothing more than (and in some cases is word-for-word) what Bendis said in interviews last month regarding the Skrull invasion. Then the plane crashes. The end.

Boo.

Oh, and Bendis? It's yakisoba, not "yabisoba." Yakisoba.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:43 pm

The Garbage Man wrote: Bendis sets up the Skrull thing in 31 then does a bunch of interviews in which he talks about how this is the coolest thing ever, he's going to reveal secrets and subplots and mysteries we've never heard or even thought about before, and 32 is where things start to ramp up...

least he didn't promise to crack the interweb in half this time...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:53 pm

No, I believe he promised to crack it into 34 equal parts. Half of them would be moving at 60 MPH toward on another, and 2/3 would be filled .6 liters of a very light liquid.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DennisMM on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:04 pm

If Brian Bendis's ego leaves Marvel headquarters at 4:15 p.m., traveling at the speed of a Powers arc, and Warren Ellis exits the DC offices at 4:23, typing a Bad Signal column into his smart phone as he intravenously injects vodka and Red Bull, at what point do they collide in a fiery explosion that spews pseudo-hip smugness and overdone profanity as far as HarperCollins publishing?
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby The Garbage Man on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:45 pm

I'm going to go with

c) Not soon enough.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby doglips on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:56 pm

DennisMM wrote:If Brian Bendis's ego leaves Marvel headquarters at 4:15 p.m., traveling at the speed of a Powers arc, and Warren Ellis exits the DC offices at 4:23, typing a Bad Signal column into his smart phone as he intravenously injects vodka and Red Bull, at what point do they collide in a fiery explosion that spews pseudo-hip smugness and overdone profanity as far as HarperCollins publishing?

When is it out and are you going to read it?

Or have you read it?
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby DennisMM on Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:34 pm

Crooked Little Vein streets July 24, in time for CCISD. I'll probably wait for the paperback to buy it but will see if I can get a copy to read through Interlibrary Loan.

Just seeing the words "HarperCollins" makes me a little queasy these days. Can't believe I typed them, but it made the bit a little better.
DennisMM

Postby unikrunk on Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:55 am

This week:

Countdown 42: Gah. For a scantly review, click here

Green Lantern #21 - The Sinestro Corps part 2.
Just kidding! We are not going to move the story forward, rather, let’s just go over what happened in Sinestro Corps, and have Parallax and Hal meet up. One second you are on Oa, cleaning up a mess, the next, you are standing on some distant planet listening to Parallax shine you on...ah, the life of a Green Lantern.

Superman Confidential #5 - I like where this book is going. One ticket to Weirdsville, please. More great art and strange story - I am digging it.

Batman Confidential #7 - Oh Christ. Please don't tell me they are trying for Joker year one here...it’s been done. Fuck.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:45 pm

Went out and grabbed:

Martha Washington DIES- Miller and Gibbons - One Shot
JSA #7
Fantastic 5 #1
The Iniative - Sub-Mariner #2
Green Arrow Year One - #1

reviews coming shorty to a post in your galaxy
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:55 pm

I kind of liked GL21. Of course, I know nothing about the character, so all the info about his past was really helpful. I think the issue was designed with new readers in mind.

New Avengers 32 was interesting just for Spider Woman's aggressive disagreement with the rest of the team, which I am sure they will view as a betrayal, but hopefully they will get her back. She has been so underused, and I really like her.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby unikrunk on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:00 pm

@Burl -re: GL21 - yeah, I liked it as well, I guess I was expecting something different, but it was not all bad.
SPOLIER:
The stuff with the Sinestro Corps following the rings from rookie to rookie was pretty cool.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:01 pm

yeah, I can totally get behind that level of evilness. I want to join up.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:02 pm

by the by, can someone fill me in on how powerful Parallax is? Is he like Dark Phoenix or something?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby unikrunk on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:03 pm

oh shit; no worries there, Burl. You would be one of the first to be given a yellow ring, charged to bring fear and order to your sector.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:04 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:by the by, can someone fill me in on how powerful Parallax is? Is he like Dark Phoenix or something?

Close, but not that powerfull. If Dark Pheonix is a 10 on evil power, put Parallax at a 7 or 8.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:46 pm

I dunno .. Parallax had the ability to reshape the timestream and so create an entirely new space-time continuum. That seems more powerful than eating suns. Phoenix is far less vulnerable, though, since Parallax could be killed by conventional means if he was first beaten down enough.
DennisMM

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:50 pm

Man I think Rachel Summers has the chronokinesis powers now. So Parallax? Parapwnt.
Last edited by burlivesleftnut on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DennisMM on Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:13 pm

Didn't know Rachel got an upgrade. Hmm.
DennisMM

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:04 am

Lets hit it. New Comic Wednesday approaches!

Comics Expected to Arrive Wednesday July 18, 2007

Dark Horse
----------
Conan #42
Goon #19
Samurai Heaven & Earth Vol 2 #5
Star Wars Dark Times #4
Zero Killer #1

DC Comics
---------
52 Vol 2 Tp
Action Comics #852
Alan Moore Wild Worlds Tp
All Flash #1
Amazons Attack #4
American Virgin Vol 2 Going Down Tp
Aquaman Sword Of Atlantis #54
Army @ Love #5
Batman Harley And Ivy Tp
Birds Of Prey #108
Black Canary #2
Brave And The Bold #5
Canon Vol 2
Catwoman #69
Countdown 41
Encyclopedia Of Comicbook Heroes Vol 2 Wonder Woman
Gon Vol 1
Green Lantern Sinestro Corps Special 2nd Ptg #1
Justice League Of America #11
Justice League Of America Var Ed #11
King Of Cards Vol 1
Legion Of Super Heroes In The 31st Century #4
Martian Manhunter The Others Among Us Tp
Omukae Desu Vol 5
Penguin Revolution Vol 4
Programme #1
Programme Var Ed #1
Recipe For Gertrude Vol 5
Robin #164
Scooby Doo #122
Shazam The Monster Society Of Evil #4
Showcase Presents Martian Manhunter Vol 1 Tp
Spirit #8
Superman Batman #38
Superman Batman Var Ed #38
Texas Chainsaw Massacre About A Boy #1

Image Comics
------------
Black Cherry Gn
Full Color Gn
Godland #19
Godland Vol 3 Proto Plastic Party Tp
Meltdown Tp
Paul Jenkins Super Summer Sidekick Spectacular #1 (Of 2)
Repo #2
Sam & Twitch Brian Michael Bendis Collection Vol 2 Tp
Sidekick Vol 1 Tp
Strange Embrace #2
Weapon #2
Witchblade Takeru Manga Mack Cvr B #6
Witchblade Takeru Manga Sumita Cvr A #6

Marvel Comics
-------------
Annihilation Conquest Quasar #1
Avengers Classic #2
Avengers Initiative #4 Wwh
Captain America #28 Cwi
Daily Bugle August Newspaper
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #22
Ghost Rider #13 Wwh
Ghost Rider Trail Of Tears #6
Giant Sized Marvel Adventures Avengers #1
Legion Of Monsters Morbius
Marvel Adventures Fantastic Four #26
Marvel Adventures Hulk #1
Marvel Illustrated Treasure Island #2
Mystic Arcana Black Knight
New X-Men #40
Silver Surfer Requiem 2nd Ptg Var #1
Super Villain Team Up Modoks 11 #1
The Order #1 Cwi
Thunderbolts Desperate Measures
Ultimate Spider-Man #111
Wolverine Origins Annual #1
World War Hulk #2
World War Hulk Front Line #2
World War Hulk Romita Jr Var #2
World War Hulk X-Men #2

Other Publishers
----------------
Archie & Friends #111
Archie Digest #236
Betty & Veronica Double Digest #153
Boys #8
Boys Vol 1 Tp
Chucky Photo Cvr B #3
Chucky Rodriguez Cvr A #3
Cold Heat Value Pack
Dark Xena #3
Gargoyles #5
Hack Slash Series Baugh Cvr B #3
Hack Slash Series Seeley Cvr A #3
Hot Mexican Love Comics 2007
Jughead #183
Last Blood #2
Lenore #13
Licensable Bear #4
Lone Ranger #7
Lone Ranger Reg Ed Hc
Monster Attack Network Gn
Nightmares And Fairy Tales #20
Painkiller Jane #2
Simpsons Comics #132
Sonic X #22
Tales From Riverdale Digest #22
Terminator 2 Infinity #1
Wizard Anime Insider Bleach Cvr #47
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:28 pm

I have decided I am going to start rating my interest in these issues with emotes. Please feel free to use the same emote standard.

:shock: = I canna wait
:oops: = Embarassed to read
:roll: = Soon to be dropped
:wink: = Not really reading, just a joke
:x = Anger at something (bad storyline, art, writing, series ending, etc.)
:o = Pleasantly surprised by title
:? = Just get me through this crossover so I can chow down on the main event, please.
:?: = New title, just giving it a try

:roll: Action Comics #852
:shock: All Flash #1
:oops: Amazons Attack #4
:roll: Birds Of Prey #108
:o Black Canary #2
:shock: Brave And The Bold #5
:roll: Justice League Of America #11
:shock: Godland #19
:? Annihilation Conquest Quasar #1
:roll: Avengers Initiative #4 Wwh
:shock: Captain America #28 Cwi
:x Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #22
:? Ghost Rider #13 Wwh
:o Legion Of Monsters Morbius
:shock: New X-Men #40
:?: Super Villain Team Up Modoks 11 #1
:?: The Order #1 Cwi
:shock: Ultimate Spider-Man #111
:oops: Wolverine Origins Annual #1
:shock: World War Hulk #2
:? World War Hulk Front Line #2
:o World War Hulk X-Men #2
:shock: Lone Ranger #7
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby doglips on Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:46 pm

:shock: ARMY@love #5
That's it, I'll have to get some trades.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby unikrunk on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:16 pm

Countdown 41 - okay, you get to stay on my pull list, because this issue was a lot of fun. But be warned, Countdown, if you start slipping again, it’s fucking over between us.

Army@Love #5 - yet to read, but you know it’s gonna kick ass.

World War Hulk #2 - JEEEEESUS CHRIST! I can't remember who it was, but another zoner and I were debating who would win in a fight between the Hulk and Mr. Fantastic. I said Hulk:

Front Line - World War Hulk - pretty okay.

Paradise X - vol. 1 - yet to read

Hellboy - Weird Tales Vol. 2 - yet to read
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:17 pm

unikrunk wrote:Hellboy - Weird Tales Vol. 2 - yet to read

Damn, that is a great book. Some awesome P Craig Russell Artwork in there.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:20 pm

Sorry for the delay. Comic-Con approaches and I am quite busy.

Comics Expected to Arrive Wednesday July 25, 2007

Dark Horse
----------
Blade Of The Immortal #125
Buffy The Vampire Slayer #5
Fear Agent Last Goodbye #2
Grendel Behold The Devil #0
Hellboy Darkness Calls #4
Speak O/T Devil #1
Usagi Yojimbo #104

DC Comics
---------
All Star Batman And Robin The Boy Wonder #6
All Star Batman And Robin Var Edition #6
Blue Beetle #17
Cartoon Network Block Party #35
Countdown 40
Crossing Midnight #9
Deathblow #6
Green Arrow Year One #2
Green Lantern Corps #14
Hawkgirl #66
Hellblazer #234
JSA Classified #28
Justice Society Of America #7
Ninja Scroll #11
Supergirl And The Legion Of Super Heroes #32
Superman #665
Teen Titans #49
Teen Titans Go #45
Testament #19
Wonder Woman #11

Image Comics
------------
24 Seven Vol 2 Gn
Bomb Queen Vol 2 Tp Queen Of Hearts
Casanova #8
Chemist
Dust #1
Elephantmen #10
First Born Sejic Cvr B #1
First Born Silvestri Cvr A #1
Hiding In Time #1
Invincible #44
Madame Mirage New Ptg #1
Top Cow / Marvel Unholy Union
Walking Dead #39
Walking Dead #40
Witchblade #109

Marvel Comics
-------------
All New Off Hb Marvel Universe A To Z Update #3
Amazing Spider-Man #542
Annihilation Conquest Star Lord #1
Black Panther #29 Cwi
Cable Deadpool #43
Essential Spider-Woman Vol 2 Tp
Fantastic Five #2
Ghost Rider 2nd Ptg Saltares Var #12 Wwh
Heroes For Hire 2nd Ptg Var #11 Wwh
Immortal Iron Fist #7
Incredible Hulk #108 Wwh
Incredible Hulk 2nd Ptg Frank Var #107 Wwh
Incredible Hulk 3rd Ptg Var #106 Wwh
Iron Man #20 Wwh
Iron Man 2nd Ptg Var #19 Wwh
Magician Apprentice #9
Marvel Adventures Iron Man #3
Marvel Adventures Spider-Man Vol 6 Black Costume Digest Tp
Marvel Adventures Two-In-One #1
Mighty Avengers #4 Cwi
Onslaught Reborn #4
Sensational Spider-Man #39
Silver Surfer Requiem #3
Spider-Man Fairy Tales #3
Ultimate Fantastic Four #44
Wolverine #55
Wolverine B&W Var #55
Wolverine Land Var #55
X-Men #201
X-Men First Class Vol 2 #2

Other Publishers
----------------
Arkadian No Witness One Shot
Battlestar Galactica #12
Chucky Photo Cvr B #3
Futurama Comics #32
Herc Brown #0
Hewoes #1
Living With Zombies Vol 1 Tp
Multiple Warheads #1
Queen & Country #32
Raise The Dead #4
Red Sonja #24
Ride Home Gn
Simpsons Classics #13
Tarot Witch Of The Black Rose #45
Transformers Megatron Origin #1
Tron #4
Uncle Scrooge #368
Walt Disneys Comics & Stories #683
Weirdly World Of Strange Eggs Gn
Wizard Magazine Alex Ross Jsa Kingdom Come Cvr #191
Wizard Magazine Wolverine Movie Photo Cvr #191

HOLY SHIT CASANOVA RETURNS!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:26 pm

Hellboy Darkness Calls #4
All Star Batman And Robin The Boy Wonder #6
Crossing Midnight #9
Casanova #8 Yay!
Hiding In Time #1
Ultimate Fantastic Four #44

It's an Ellis-a-thon week too - all from Avatar...
Doktor Sleepless #1
Black Summer #1
Crecy

Did anyone else pick up THE PROGRAMME #1 by Peter Milligan last week? - awesome comic. Really nice set up, amazing artwork.
Last edited by doglips on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:43 pm

My Picks:

:? = Just get me through this crossover so I can chow down on the main event, please.

:shock: Buffy The Vampire Slayer #5
:x All Star Batman And Robin The Boy Wonder #6
:o Blue Beetle #17
:o Green Arrow Year One #2
:shock: Green Lantern Corps #14
:x Superman #665
:oops: Teen Titans #49
:oops: Wonder Woman #11
:shock: Walking Dead #39
:shock: Walking Dead #40
:shock: Amazing Spider-Man #542
:shock: Annihilation Conquest Star Lord #1 (ROCKET RACOON RETURNS!)
:shock: Immortal Iron Fist #7
:shock: Incredible Hulk #108
:? Iron Man #20
:shock: Mighty Avengers #4
:wink: Onslaught Reborn #4
Sensational Spider-Man #39
:o Ultimate Fantastic Four #44
:oops: Wolverine #55
X-Men #201
:oops: X-Men First Class Vol 2 #2
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby unikrunk on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:47 pm

Burl, your rating system fookin rules

/that is all
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:52 pm

Have yet to read any of these, just got back from my dealer:

Fantastic Five #2 :shock:
Countdown 40 :roll: :oops:
Green Lantern Corps #14 - Sinestro Corps part 3 :o
Hellboy -Darkness Calls # 4 (does me no fookin good, as they had no backstock of issues 1-3, had to order them) :shock:
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:22 pm

Is the Fantastic Five really that good? I kind of can't stand that whole Spider-Girl univerise.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby unikrunk on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:29 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Is the Fantastic Five really that good? I kind of can't stand that whole Spider-Girl univerise.

Highly subjective yes.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:56 pm

Fresh from Comic-Con: New Comic Wednesday!

Expected to Arrive Wednesday August 1, 2007

Dark Horse
----------
Conan & The Midnight God #5
Eden Vol 8 Its An Endless World Tp
Old Boy Vol 7 Tp
Path Of The Assassin Vol 7 Tp

DC Comics
---------
Action Comics #853
All New Atom #14
American Virgin #17
Birds Of Prey Blood And Circuits Tp
Black Canary #3
Countdown 39
Detective Comics #835
Devil Does Exist Vol 11
Exterminators #20
Faker #2
Good As Lily
Green Lantern Sinestro Corps Special 3rd Ptg #1
Green Lantern Wanted Hal Jordan Hc
Jonah Hex #22
Justice League Unlimited #36
Justice Society Of America #8
Justice Society Of America Var Ed #8
King Of Cards Vol 1
Looney Tunes #153
Metal Men #1
Midnighter #10
Nightwing #135
Omukae Desu Vol 5
Outsiders Five Of A Kind Week 1 Nightwing Boomerang
Scalped #8
Scalped Vol 1 Indian Country Tp
Supergirl #20
Superman Chronicles Vol 3 Tp
Supernatural Origins #4
Tenjho Tenge Vol 15
Welcome To Tranquility #9

Image Comics
------------
Bomb Queen III #1
Invincible Vol 3 Ultimate Coll Hc
Ripclaw Pilot Season #1
Spawn Godslayer #3

Marvel Comics
-------------
Daredevil Battlin Jack Murdock #3
Dark Tower Gunslinger Born #7
Dark Tower Gunslinger Born Coipel Var #7
Dark Tower Gunslinger Born Jae Lee Sketch Var #7
Dark Tower Gunslingers Guidebook
Fantastic Four #548 Cwi
Fantastic Four And Power Pack #2
Irredeemable Ant-Man #11
Marvel Adventures Spider-Man #30
Marvel Illustrated Last Of The Mohicans #3
Marvel Spotlight World War Hulk
Marvel Tarot
Marvel Two-In-One #2
Ms Marvel #18
New Avengers Illuminati #4
New Warriors #3 Cwi
Punisher #50
Shanna She-Devil Survival Of The Fittest #1
She-Hulk 2 #20
Spider-Man Fantastic Four #4
Spider-Man Red Sonja #1
Thor #2
Thunderbolts Presents Zemo Born Better Tp
Ultimate X-Men Ultimate Collection Vol 2 Tp
Uncanny X-Men #489
Wisdom Rudiments Of Wisdom Tp
World War Hulk #3
World War Hulk Romita Jr Var #3

Other Publishers
----------------
Inquest Gamer Wow Fire Of Outland Cvr #149
Arkadian No Witness One Shot
Boys #8
Boys 2nd Ptg #7
Chucky Photo Cvr B #3
Devils Panties Coll Ed Vol 1 Tp #1
For Life One Shot
Forgotten Realms Vol 5 Streams Silver Tp
Grimm Fairy Tales #16
Grimm Fairy Tales Return To Wonderland #2
Herc Brown #0
Hewoes #1
Highlander #9
Living With Zombies Vol 1 Tp
Lone Ranger Vol 1 Reg Cvr Tp
Panel Discussion New Ptg Tp
Phantom Cvr A #18
Phantom Cvr B #18
Ride Home Gn
Snakewoman Vol 2 Tale Of The Snake Charmer #2
Uncle Scrooge #368
Vogelein Old Ghosts Gn
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:17 pm

My Picks:

NEW ---> :( = Whatever

:oops: Action Comics #853
:o Black Canary #3
:shock: Jonah Hex #22
:?: Metal Men #1
:?: Outsiders Five Of A Kind Week 1 Nightwing Boomerang
:shock: Supergirl #20
:x Fantastic Four #548
:o Irredeemable Ant-Man #11
:o Ms Marvel #18
:shock: New Avengers Illuminati #4
:o New Warriors #3
:shock: She-Hulk 2 #20
:shock: Thor #2
:( Uncanny X-Men #489
:shock: World War Hulk #3

Quiet week!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:12 am

Anyone else pick up BLACK SUMMER #1 or DOKTOR SLEEPLESS #1? Both were pretty solid. I preferred DOKTOR SLEEPLESS because the art wasn't so distracting. But on the whole, both titles were solid.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:58 am

Yeah the art in Black Summer was horrid. Everyone looked like they taking a big long constipated poop for no reason.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby doglips on Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:01 am

Leckomaniac wrote:Anyone else pick up BLACK SUMMER #1 or DOKTOR SLEEPLESS #1? Both were pretty solid. I preferred DOKTOR SLEEPLESS because the art wasn't so distracting. But on the whole, both titles were solid.

I picked up both and enjoyed both.

I like the idea of Sleepless having companion info in a wiki and elsewhere online - I haven't searched for the mooted other site yet - I assume a clue may be contained in this issue. Needs another issue of plot laying to really get going. can't wait to see what he is going to get up to in his house on the hill.

I'm loving Black Summer. I kinda like the art, some of the facial perspective is off - but I love the style and it fits well with the story - the body modifications look really disgusting, as Ellis intends them to.....This is going to be another classic book from Ellis, I've got a feeling that once the entire 'team' has been introduced properly, I'm really going to fall in love with the characters.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:36 pm

Sorry to have gotten this to you folks so late, but still...NEW COMIC WEDNESDAY!

Comics Expected to Arrive Wednesday August 8, 2007

Dark Horse
----------
BPRD Killing Ground #1
Star Wars Legacy #15
Star Wars Rebellion #9

DC Comics
---------
100 Bullets Vol 11 Once Upon A Crime Tp
Alan Moore The Complete Wildcats Tp
Batman #667
Batman Confidential #8
Batman Strikes #36
Black Adam The Dark Age #1
Black Adam The Dark Age Var Ed #1
Cartoon Network Action Pack #16
Countdown 38
Deadman #12
Devil Does Exist Vol 11
DMZ #22
Fables #64

Gen 13 #11
Global Frequency Detonation Radio Tp
Green Arrow Year One #3
Green Lantern #22
Green Lantern 2nd Ptg #21
Green Lantern Corps 2nd Ptg #14
Jack Of Fables #13
JLA Classified #41
Outsiders Five Of A Kind Week 2 Katana Shazam
Showcase Presents Adam Strange Vol 1 Tp
Stormwatch Phd #10
Superman Chronicles Vol 3 Tp
Tenjho Tenge Vol 15
Un-Men #1

Image Comics
------------
Casanova #8 (not getting my hopes up...damn shipping changes)
Consumed #2
Ghosting #1
Glister #1
Invincible Vol 3 Ultimate Coll Hc
Kiss 4k #3
Ripclaw Pilot Season #1

Marvel Comics
-------------
Amazing Spider-Girl #11
Annihilation Conquest Wraith #2
Avengers Classic #3
Blade #12
Civil War Chronicles #2
Criminal #8
Daredevil #99
Dark Tower Gunslinger Born 2nd Ptg Romita Jr Var #3
Dark Tower Gunslinger Born 3rd Ptg Lee Var #2
Dark Tower Gunslinger Born 3rd Ptg Lee Wraparound Var #1
Essential Dazzler Vol 1 Tp
Exiles #97
Fantastic Five #3
Ghost Rider #14
Ghost Rider Vol 2 Life & Death Of Johnny Blaze Tp
Hedge Knight 2 Sworn Sword #3
Incredible Hulk #109 Wwh
Marvel Adventures Fantastic Four Vol 6 Digest Tp
Marvel Illustrated Man In The Iron Mask #2
New Avengers #33
New Avengers Transformers #2
New Excalibur #22
Nova #5
Omega Flight #5
Powers #25
Punisher War Journal #10 Cwi
Spider-Man Featuring The Silver Surfer Magazine
Ultimate X-Men #85
Wolverine Origins #16 Mcguinness Poster
Women Of Marvel Vol 2 Tp
World War Hulk Front Line #3
X-Factor #22
X-Men Bachalo 2nd Ptg Bachalo Var #200

Other Publishers
----------------
Archaic #8
Army Of Darkness From Ashes #1
Army Of Darkness From Ashes Negative Cvr #1
Army Of Darkness From Ashes Virgin Cvr #1
Battlestar Galactica Vol 1 Px Ed Tp
Battlestar Galactica Vol 1 Reg Ed Tp
Biowulf Pkt Manga Tp
Boys #9
India Authentic Uma #4
Jellyfist
Neon Genesis Evangelion Angelic Days Vol 6 Tp
Nicolas Cages Voodoo Child Hyrapiet Cover #2
Nicolas Cages Voodoo Child Templesmith Cover #2
Phantom Cvr A #18
Phantom Cvr B #18
Pirates Vs Ninjas Pocket Manga Vol 1
Red Sonja #25
Red Sonja Adams Negative Cvr #25
Red Sonja Blood Red Px Foil Cvr #25
Sadhu The Silent Ones #1
Street Fighter Alpha Vol 2 Gn
Uncle Scrooge #368
Vogelein Old Ghosts Gn
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:23 pm

ME PICKADEES!

:( = Whatever

:shock: Batman #667
:?: Black Adam The Dark Age #1
:o Green Arrow Year One #3
:shock: Green Lantern #22
:o Outsiders Five Of A Kind Week 2 Katana Shazam
:wink: Un-Men #1 <---- Que es?
:? Annihilation Conquest Wraith #2 <---- Return of ROM? Return of Dire Wraiths?
:?: Blade #12
:shock: Daredevil #99
:oops: Exiles #97
:shock: Incredible Hulk #109 Wwh
:shock: New Avengers #33
:? Nova #5
:( Omega Flight #5
:( Punisher War Journal #10 Cwi
:oops: Ultimate X-Men #85
:? World War Hulk Front Line #3
:? X-Factor #22
Last edited by burlivesleftnut on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:28 pm

Burl, the Un-Men are a group of creatures that were featured in Swamp Thing. They were created by Anton Arcane, Swamp Thing's arch nemesis.

Details of their new on-going from Vertigo are pretty scarce. But click here for an official description.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:29 pm

Oh shit, I remember reading about them now. Bleh.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:31 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Oh shit, I remember reading about them now. Bleh.

I can't believe you are still buying Ultimate X-Men burl. Yeesh. You must have a high tolerance for...well...I am not really sure how to describe the experience of reading that title.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:40 pm

Me neither!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Vegeta on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:36 am

Dear Lord, when is Astonishing X-Men #22 going to come out?!?!?!?!?
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Books