Batman or Superman?

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

If Batman and Superman got into a fight who would win?

Batman
42
54%
Superman
23
29%
King Kong
13
17%
 
Total votes : 78

Postby HeadlessCrane on Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:07 pm

I think that the winner is dependant on whomever throws the first 'punch'. If Batman initiated a fight, I'd imagine that it would be over before it began. Same thing with Superman.
HeadlessCrane
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:33 am

Postby preacher2041 on Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:21 pm

I read good comics, in fact I specifically remember an issue of Superman/Batman when Batman got his arse handed to him by the future Superman and I remember him saying something along the lines of I'm tired of being beaten by your tricks and I'm not taking it any more (so okay I may have added that last bit for dramatic effect but hey). And thats pretty much the point, Batman with outs his tricks is just another man, and one that wouldn't stand a chance against Superman.
preacher2041
GLIB
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:24 am
Location: Tiverton, Devon, England

Postby Shane on Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:28 pm

HeadlessCrane wrote:I think that the winner is dependant on whomever throws the first 'punch'. If Batman initiated a fight, I'd imagine that it would be over before it began. Same thing with Superman.


winner is who ever outsmarts the other.

just like the old Dr. Doom vs. Magneto debate, yet we see Doom triumph over magneto because of a better planed aproach.
User avatar
Shane
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2476
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:28 pm
Location: Kansas City

Postby Colin on Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:31 pm

preacher2041 wrote:I read good comics, in fact I specifically remember an issue of Superman/Batman when Batman got his arse handed to him by the future Superman and I remember him saying something along the lines of I'm tired of being beaten by your tricks and I'm not taking it any more (so okay I may have added that last bit for dramatic effect but hey). And thats pretty much the point, Batman with outs his tricks is just another man, and one that wouldn't stand a chance against Superman.


And Superman without his powers would make him just another man too, right?
Image
User avatar
Colin
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Postby Shane on Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:51 pm

Colin wrote:
preacher2041 wrote:I read good comics, in fact I specifically remember an issue of Superman/Batman when Batman got his arse handed to him by the future Superman and I remember him saying something along the lines of I'm tired of being beaten by your tricks and I'm not taking it any more (so okay I may have added that last bit for dramatic effect but hey). And thats pretty much the point, Batman with outs his tricks is just another man, and one that wouldn't stand a chance against Superman.


And Superman without his powers would make him just another man too, right?


no he'd be the naive moron every one took advantage of
User avatar
Shane
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2476
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:28 pm
Location: Kansas City

Postby ESabahNur on Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:18 pm

Well, I'm definitely a huge bats fan but I think it comes down to what it always comes down to. Does Batman have enough time to plan? If so, he wins possibly even without kryptonite, if not he stays in the fight as long as sups lets him. Although I think it is incredibly unfair to put a human against essentially a God in a fight together
"I'm sorry......I wasn't paying attention"
~The Dude
ESabahNur
GLIB
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: Baltimore

Postby Adam Balm on Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:30 pm

Is "ESabahnur" like En Sabah Nur's little bother that they don't like to talk about?

(jk. By the way, welcome to the Zone man.)
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby cap on Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:51 pm

I picked Superman only assuming no Kryptonite is involved.

Thats not because I like Superman more. It is the reality of the situation.

Now you throw in Kryptonite it's definitely Batman, but even without Batman barely loses.
Image

Ambition - The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly
User avatar
cap
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:21 pm
Location: Over here.... In the Corner.... No Really!!!!

Postby reneritchie on Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:16 pm

Miller settled this back in Dark Knight...
reneritchie
GLIB
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Montreal

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:46 pm

reneritchie wrote:Miller settled this back in Dark Knight...


Curiously it was settled more recently in the built up to the Crisis. Batman got pwnd. Wonder Woman had to save his ass.
Image
User avatar
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA
 
Posts: 10626
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am
Location: Port Angeles, WA

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:53 pm

Kirkman.





Kirkman.
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16585
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:10 pm

reneritchie wrote:Miller settled this back in Dark Knight...


No he didn't, yo! It's the same as anyone else having an opinion on it, he just wrote a story about it. Popozao!
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13813
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:47 pm

Ya know...while the arguement is a good one...I still think Lee Marvin would kick both of their asses.
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Image
User avatar
Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: Hollywood Ca

Postby cinephile2000 on Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:55 pm

Batman completly. Although I think it would be a cool fight.
Just remember, your special like everyone else.
User avatar
cinephile2000
BOMB IN RIBCAGE
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Texas, yeah I said it.

Postby DirtyRatBastard on Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:12 am

Jack bauer.
They hate you because they wish they could have seen half the things you have...
DirtyRatBastard
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:07 pm
Location: Bloomington, Indiana

Postby MiltonWaddams on Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:20 am

ok, referencing comic books where superman beat up batman or vise versa is totally ALF. i could draw a comic real quick of both of them being beat by a girl scout, but that wouldn't pan out in real life. real life.. right. go me.

superman would win because superman can do everything.

which is exactly why superman is such a lame ass hero.
MiltonWaddams
REAL DRAGON
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:31 pm

Postby Colin on Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:50 am

I guess Superman can't do everything if he can't make you love him.
Image
User avatar
Colin
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Postby buster00 on Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:48 am

Nah, in the next movie he's gonna have "Love Vision." Even better than being ensnared by "The Super Reynolds Wrap" from back in the day.
User avatar
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6401
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:12 pm

Postby Malachi Constant on Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:15 am

What I find funny is the "well of course if Batman had time to plan, or if batman had kryptonite......" While it is acknowledged that Batman is a human being with the strength of a human being his greatest ability is that large sherlock holmes style brain of his. You can't rule out him having kryptonite, or him having worked some sort of magic (yes kids big blue is succeptable to the ole magic) because Batmans strength lies in the fact that he has a contingency plan for almost anything. Like someone else said if you take that away from him you basically have to take away superman's powers as well. Even in the pre crisis ass kicking he received he was clever enough to engage the security systems to distract big, blue ,and easily distracted, knowing someone would get there in time to help him out. Yes I agree if batman jsut walked up to superman and tried to punch him in the face superman could liquify him, as he could any number of villain Gorilla Grod, Lex Luthor etc. But I voted under the assumption that both heros were working with everything that is normally at their disposal and all faculties intact. Therefore I voted Batman, he is more ingenutive, more than twice as smart, and has a bit more edge to him.
User avatar
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:12 am

Postby captainbrose on Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:41 am

i voted batman just because I cant stand superman and I hope Bats takes him down.

and whoever said it before...Batman villians are way better than superman vilians...

Lex has nothin on the joker or the scarecrow
captainbrose
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:48 pm

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:52 am

Exactly Malachi it's just like everyone in this thread is throwing away what makes the characters who they are.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Postby Chief Redcock on Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:20 am

Frank Miller has proven the answer to this in two miniseries. TWO. Batman plans for everything. That's better than any superpower. He's unbeatable.
Chief Redcock
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:34 pm

Postby r8hitman on Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:21 pm

Superman.

All of this "if Batman had Kryptonite" bullshit is ridiculous.

Luthor is more intelligent than Wayne and if he hasnt figured out a way to kill Superman, what makes you think "The Bat" would.

Superman would beat that overrated idiot like a red headed step child.
User avatar
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Your mothers bed

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:40 pm

Batman is overrated?
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby thebabypanda on Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:38 pm

Wayne buys Kent farm and turns it into a strip mall

Wayne buys the daily planet and fires Clark Kent, and black balls him from any future journalism; framing him as a fraud.

Wayne seduces and marries Lois Lane.

Wayne merges with LuthorCorp in a hostile takeover.

Luthor becomes Wayne's bitch.

Luthor goes to supes for help, but all he can do is cry, eat cheetos and play Xbox 360 all day.

Bruce Wayne wins even without batman.


Answer: Peter Petrelli
thebabypanda
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: cemetaryschool

Postby LaDracul on Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:52 pm

I like Batman because everyone has a sick, twisted dual personality...even the hero. (I know he's the good guy, but there's nothing normal about an millionaire who's also a vigilante.)
Image
User avatar
LaDracul
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2525
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:37 pm
Location: Gothamized Chicago

Postby Evil Hobbit on Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:58 pm

Batman, definately. Coolest comic book ever. And animated show, and films, and paf pow woesj smack series. 8)
User avatar
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1248
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:35 am
Location: the Netherlands

Postby buster00 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:25 pm

Image

"Greetings, pathetic Earth creature. I'm gonna go ahead and crush your windpipe real quick. Just like it was a used Dixie Cup. Won't even take me a second.

"What should I do with your body? Burn it to cinders with my heat vision? Throw it into orbit? Crush it into a fine paste? The possiblities are endless! After all, I'm goddamn SUPERMAN."

I can appreciate the Batman love, but eventually common sense has to kick in.
User avatar
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6401
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:12 pm

Postby wonkabar on Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:39 pm

Image
User avatar
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF
 
Posts: 6220
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: The Double Douche

Postby r8hitman on Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:58 am

Fried Gold wrote:Batman is overrated?


Yes he is.

HIGHLY overrated.

If you like heroes that dont have a lot "outrageous" powers then Cap's the man.

Image

Captain America would destroy Batman.
User avatar
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Your mothers bed

Postby minstrel on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:27 am

This is a stupid debate. Superman wins. Batman is normal human and his technology is normal. He doesn't have a prayer.

Look, obviously Batman is a far cooler character than Superman. Superman is dull and Batman is edgy. Fine. It's ok to prefer Batman, but still acknowledge that Superman is just far too powerful for Batman to take down.

Superman has superspeed and supersenses, as well as heat vision. Batman wouldn't even be able to push one button before Superman has melted his weapon to slag.

Superman has defeated some seriously powerful beings. How 'bout Batman versus those guys? How 'bout Batman versus Darkseid? Or Batman versus Doomsday?
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby r8hitman on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:40 am

This is a stupid debate. Superman wins. Batman is normal human and his technology is normal. He doesn't have a prayer.

Look, obviously Batman is a far cooler character than Superman. Superman is dull and Batman is edgy. Fine. It's ok to prefer Batman, but still acknowledge that Superman is just far too powerful for Batman to take down.



Thankyou.
(finally a voice of reason.)
User avatar
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Your mothers bed

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:32 pm

r8hitman wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Batman is overrated?


Yes he is.

HIGHLY overrated.

If you like heroes that dont have a lot "outrageous" powers then Cap's the man.

Captain America would destroy Batman.


That's silly.

a) Captain America is basically just a roid freak
b) Captain America is a lame Marvel character
c) Captain America is dead

So Batman wins agains

If you want a true heroe with "no" powers, try Speedy.
(finally a true voice of common sense to end this stupid, stupid debate)
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:24 pm

A better analogy/matchup would be Batman vs. Iron Man. Billionaire playboy with a dark side who uses technology and wits to matchup against superpowered beings vs. well...the other one.

Intelligence is about equal, Batman's a better detective and has more "street smarts", Iron Man is much more powerful but completely vulnerable if his suit is disabled.

Anybody remember the DC vs. Marvel crossover a decade or so ago? We should do a DC vs. Marvel thread if it hasn't already been done.

ETA: hmm, it's sorta been done here. But It'd be fun to do a Hero vs. Hero smackdown. I'll have to ponder that and maybe set up a bracket...
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby r8hitman on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:36 pm

Anybody remember the DC vs. Marvel crossover a decade or so ago? We should do a DC vs. Marvel thread if it hasn't already been done.



Yeah I started one back at the ORS.
(as a matter of fact I also have a Captain America battle too {see sig})

But Cap is the perfect person to matchup against Batman IMO.

He's at the peak of human physicality...he's a master of all forms of combat.....he's a brilliant tactician....

And he's the one that Marvel/DC decided to have face off against Batman.

Iron Man would crush Batman too.

For the life of me, I cant understand why people insist on saying Batman is capable of overcoming these outrageous odds.

You guys just need to admit that, yes he's a cool character, but when it comes to the heavy hitters Batman just doesnt matchup.

Here is a list of popular characters who would defeat the Bat.

Superman
Wolverine
Spiderman
Captain America
Green Lantern
The Flash
Wonder Woman
Magneto


(and this list goes on and on so I'll stop now)

Here is a list of popular characters who Batman "might" be able to defeat....

Daredevil
Punisher
Joker
Lex Luthor
Kingpin
Nick Fury

(and after this you guys should just give it up.) :?
User avatar
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Your mothers bed

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:52 pm

r8hitman wrote:This is a stupid debate. Superman wins. Batman is normal human and his technology is normal. He doesn't have a prayer.

Look, obviously Batman is a far cooler character than Superman. Superman is dull and Batman is edgy. Fine. It's ok to prefer Batman, but still acknowledge that Superman is just far too powerful for Batman to take down.



Thankyou.
(finally a voice of reason.)

Sorry but all of the Superman supporters seem to ignore the character's backgrounds when proclaiming Superman victorious. It comes down to this Superman is a big boy scout. He is not a murderer or a psychopath. Batman on the other hand is a psychopath and fights to win no matter the cost as long as it's just shy of murder. Superman holds himself back when fighting humans (see above not murderer statement) while Bats has no problem with crippling a mugger if he deems it necessary. Thus in a Batman vs. Superman situation Batman wins.....Batman would have no problem with shooting a kryptonite bullet into Supes face if he thought it necessary while Superman will not "crush his windpipe".
Now if you mean two characters with the same powers and absolutely no morals or conscience then Superman wins.....but of course that's not Superman.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Postby r8hitman on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:04 pm

HA!

By that same logic you could say that Batman would be able to defeat one of the Watchers because of their code to "not interfere".

Bottom line is, if a writer decides to have Batman do something to set Superman off, he's history.

Regardless to this "code" that Superman has.

The excuse you're using is like saying my 6 year old could kick my ass because I "choose" not to hurt him. :roll:

Superman would crush "Adam West".
LOL!
User avatar
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Your mothers bed

Postby Malachi Constant on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:05 pm

I love Spider-Man but he doesn't stand a chance. Granted Spider-Man has the ole Spider Powers. Keep in mind he was recently defeated, quite easily I might add by two z grade "super"villains using GAS and had to be saved by The Punisher(who much like Batman is simply a highly trained human being) . Thats it, Parker has all of these amazing advantages but has barely any training when it comes to an actual fighting style,is wildly emotional and not nearly calculating enough to beat Batman. I'm not even waving the Batman's a genius he beats all banner, but Spider-Man isn't in his league.
User avatar
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:12 am

Postby r8hitman on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:15 pm

I believe that Parker is MUCH more intelligent than Wayne.

Now he's not on Reed Richard's level, but let's not forget that Spiderman is on that 'genius' level when it comes to intellect.
(hell he's been there since he was a kid)

And that doesnt even include his powers.

The only thing that Batman would have going for him in this battle would be his ruthlessness.
Not intelligence....
Not physical strength....
Not speed or fighting capabilities....
But ruthlessness.

And I dont think that's enough.
User avatar
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Your mothers bed

Postby r8hitman on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:20 pm

Keep in mind he was recently defeated, quite easily I might add by two z grade "super"villains using GAS and had to be saved by The Punisher(who much like Batman is simply a highly trained human being) .

Well all of these guys have "bad days"....

Do you honestly think that Bane would have broken Spiderman's back?

I dont think so.
User avatar
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Your mothers bed

Postby Malachi Constant on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:23 pm

Ruthlessness is far from Wayne's only advantage. Wayne has been trained by the greatest people in each field he is proficient in: science, detection, innumerable fighting styles, military strategy and tactics, etc. Parker has a natural apptitude for SCIENCE and is extremely intelligent especially in that filed but doesnt compare to Wayne on a battlefield. This is the same Wayne who has a very specific way to eliminate each of his own more powerful teammates on the Justice League be it the flash, wonder woman etc. Parker has alot going for him and it would be a hell of a fight especially if Batman has no prior knowledge of Spider-Man (in which case I think he would gain a quick upper hand by sheer advantage of his unique powers) but if Jester and Jack O' Lantern are able to nearly tear Spider-Man to shreds before the intervention of the Punisher my vote is on Batman for that particular fight.
User avatar
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:12 am

Postby Malachi Constant on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:24 pm

Whe nWayne's back was broken he was in the middle of a complete exhausted breakdown physically and mentally. Bane waited until Wayne was completely undone and at the end of his rope. I dont think Bane stands a chance against spider-man but he also realised he didnt stand a chance against a fully functional Batman either.
User avatar
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:12 am

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:25 pm

You know there is a quote button you can use?

r8hitman wrote:Do you honestly think that Bane would have broken Spiderman's back?

I dont think so.

He would have killed him instead.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby minstrel on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:30 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:
r8hitman wrote:This is a stupid debate. Superman wins. Batman is normal human and his technology is normal. He doesn't have a prayer.

Look, obviously Batman is a far cooler character than Superman. Superman is dull and Batman is edgy. Fine. It's ok to prefer Batman, but still acknowledge that Superman is just far too powerful for Batman to take down.



Thankyou.
(finally a voice of reason.)

Sorry but all of the Superman supporters seem to ignore the character's backgrounds when proclaiming Superman victorious. It comes down to this Superman is a big boy scout. He is not a murderer or a psychopath. Batman on the other hand is a psychopath and fights to win no matter the cost as long as it's just shy of murder. Superman holds himself back when fighting humans (see above not murderer statement) while Bats has no problem with crippling a mugger if he deems it necessary. Thus in a Batman vs. Superman situation Batman wins.....Batman would have no problem with shooting a kryptonite bullet into Supes face if he thought it necessary while Superman will not "crush his windpipe".
Now if you mean two characters with the same powers and absolutely no morals or conscience then Superman wins.....but of course that's not Superman.


I think you have to stage this as a battle in which they are both going all out. A real fight to the finish. Otherwise, anybody could beat Superman because he's "holding back". That's just his CHOICE. For it to be a real test of who-beats-who, nobody chooses to hold back. Superman would have to be aware that Batman is trying to kill him - it would have to be done like Superman vs. Doomsday.

You can't say Superman loses simply because he CHOOSES not to win.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby r8hitman on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:33 pm

You know there is a quote button you can use?

Yeah I know.

I was trying to spare you guys the humiliation of having your names associated with picking this guy:

ImageImage
Last edited by r8hitman on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Your mothers bed

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:36 pm

minstrel wrote:I think you have to stage this as a battle in which they are both going all out. A real fight to the finish. Otherwise, anybody could beat Superman because he's "holding back". That's just his CHOICE. For it to be a real test of who-beats-who, nobody chooses to hold back. Superman would have to be aware that Batman is trying to kill him - it would have to be done like Superman vs. Doomsday.

You can't say Superman loses simply because he CHOOSES not to win.


See, that's a toughy. I definitely see your point but I don't think you can just completely disregard the character when you're considering these questions. Superman's tendency to hold back his powers is inherent to his character and has been a recurring theme as long as he's been in comics.
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby minstrel on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:47 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
minstrel wrote:I think you have to stage this as a battle in which they are both going all out. A real fight to the finish. Otherwise, anybody could beat Superman because he's "holding back". That's just his CHOICE. For it to be a real test of who-beats-who, nobody chooses to hold back. Superman would have to be aware that Batman is trying to kill him - it would have to be done like Superman vs. Doomsday.

You can't say Superman loses simply because he CHOOSES not to win.


See, that's a toughy. I definitely see your point but I don't think you can just completely disregard the character when you're considering these questions. Superman's tendency to hold back his powers is inherent to his character and has been a recurring theme as long as he's been in comics.


Sure, but what if Batman was threatening the destruction of Metropolis? (Let's just pretend, for the sake of this debate.) What if the only was Superman could prevent the destruction of Metropolis would be to KILL Batman? Would he hold back?

If you make this a real fight, where huge numbers of people are threatened; if you make this a scenario in which Batman and Superman aren't just playing around because they're bored or are putting on a show for charity; in short, if you make this a REAL FUCKING FIGHT TO THE FUCKING DEATH, then Batman doesn't stand even a wisp of a chance. Sure, maybe Superman would regret having to kill Batman, but he HAD to.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby The Vicar on Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:18 pm

Batman has the cooler costume, but in a stand up fight its a case of Dr. Ruth VS Mike Tyson....old school Iron Mike, not the most current version.
It would be very ugly, very brief.
And Tyson would totally bite her ear off.
.
........................................
Image
User avatar
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone
 
Posts: 16179
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:21 am

Postby minstrel on Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:25 pm

The Vicar wrote:Batman has the cooler costume, but in a stand up fight its a case of Dr. Ruth VS Mike Tyson....old school Iron Mike, not the most current version.
It would be very ugly, very brief.
And Tyson would totally bite her ear off.


I was thinking more along the lines of Bambi vs. Godzilla.

Thanks for that image, Vic. I can totally see Dr. Ruth opening up a can of whoopass on Iron Mike after he dared bite her ear off. I'd PAY to see that!

:)
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby The Vicar on Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:33 pm

Dr Ruth could get inside and work the body.
Those little ladies are like foaming junk yard dogs sometimes, and if Dr Ruth could get under the jab... well, that's why we fight.
Who knows?
Who cares?
Why am I not drunk yet?
.
........................................
Image
User avatar
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone
 
Posts: 16179
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Books

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest