Marvel vs. DC: Who'd Win?

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Which universe of super beings would beat the other, in an all out brawl?

DC
44%
Marvel
56%

Total votes : 72

Postby Lady Sheridan on Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:59 pm

Theta wrote:
Lady Sheridan wrote:Wolverine would win against Batman, hands down. In the end, Batman's just a guy in a Kevlar suit with a lot of nifty tools. Wolverine is practically made of Kevlar.

It would be a vicious fight though, no doubt. Wolverine would be hurting by the end.

I hate to disagree with a lady, but all Bats needs to beat the hairball is a big electromagnet. Batman's smarter than Wolvie, period, and I would lay down money Wolvie'd say something stupid like "You can't break adamantium, bub!"

In a pure bare knuckles, knock'em down brawl, where's Batman going to have the time to find a giant electromagnet?

It's not like they're going to schedule it in advance so Batman can put his thinking cap on and his bank account to work.

Still, I wonder why Reed Richards didn't think about that in "Enemy of the State." SHIELD wouldn't, because they're a bunch of morons, but Richards should have thought of it about twenty times over.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Mongo on Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:15 pm

I'm going to add my two cents on Lady Sheridan's behalf.

Adamantane (a real chemical compound, by the way) is diamagnetic, not ferromagnetic. Instead of being attracted to magnets, it's very weakly repelled from them. Magneto can still manipulate Wolverine's Adamantium skeleton, as his mutant power can quite acceptably generate almost unimaginably strong magnetic fields.

Batman, however, would need to invest in a superconducting magnet that would probably be the size of a house. Even if Wolverine was dense enough to walk right into it, it'd require a power plant equivalent to that of a large city to run. Wayne isn't THAT rich, and I doubt even Wolverine is that dense.
Mongo
GLIB

Postby doglips on Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:25 pm

But Batman is notoriously jammy, isn't he?
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Lady Sheridan on Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:25 pm

Hahahahaha, hi, Mongo!

A tip of the hat to you for the science. Batman just got owned.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Mongo on Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:29 pm

Jammy gets chicks, not magnets.

Of course, given the fine plot design of the Batmaniverse, Wolverine would probably accidentally wrap himself in a high-tension line, creating an instant human electromagnet.
Mongo
GLIB

Postby Mongo on Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:30 pm

Hail, good lady! Where there is science, there I'll be!
Mongo
GLIB

Postby doglips on Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:34 pm

Mongo wrote:Jammy gets chicks, not magnets.

Of course, given the fine plot design of the Batmaniverse, Wolverine would probably accidentally wrap himself in a high-tension line, creating an instant human electromagnet.

Exactly.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:35 pm

burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Mongo on Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:00 pm

That's one smart cat!

He works in a lab. You can tell, because he's crazy and missing an ear.
Mongo
GLIB

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:04 pm

But the real Adamantane is not an unbreakable metal (it's a hydrocarbon akin to diamond) either so why would the fictional metal be beholden to it's real life "counterpart" in terms of magnetism?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:22 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:But everyone one you mention has a potentially equal counterpart in the Marvel Universe. It's not really fair to take one side of the debate just because you don't even like Marvel right now.

It has nothing to do with whether or not I like DC over Marvel. I think DC wins in a fight...thats it. I thought long and hard about my decision and I came to this conclusion. My preference for DC is a completely new development...I have been a Marvel guy most of my life. Marvel has my favorite heroes but DC, in my opinion, is writing better stories. So by your logic shouldn't my bias tend towards my favorite heroes...whch are all in the Marvel U?

So hows about we stop making assumptions, ok? :wink:

I can't really see anyone taking down Superman. The man has speed, strength, and heat vision and the Marvel folks aren't exactly educated on his weakness. Plus, the Green Lanterns are a force to be reckoned with.

Someone mentioned that thought that Spidey would kick Batman's ass and I really don't think that is accurate. Spidey is an experienced fighter but he is careless and cocky and that will work against him. If Batman can get him in close it is all over. Spidey's only advantage is if it turns into a long range type fight. Batman has some kick ass hand to hand skills. A better suited match for him would be Daredevil.

I suppose it all comes down to what kind of fight it is. I mean is it just an all out assault? Are we talking individual match-ups? Teams vs. Teams? That might alter my decision. But looking over the rosters my gut leans towards DC.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:32 pm

Batman beats Wolverine hands down...and Adamantium never even plays into it. Here's how (god, I'm such a dork for what I'm about to type)....

1) The fight begins with both heroes "testing" each other. Batman's looking for a weakness and Wolvie doesn't just knife random people anymore.

2) After one (maaaaybe two) punches, Batman feels Wolvie's metal interior and realizes crippling blows are useless. All this time, frustrating Wolverine by dodging punches, flinging around his cape, and basically being dressed like a bat.

3) Noticing Wolverine's growing frustration, he hits him in the face with a semi-harmless flash bomb, throwing Wolverine into a berserker rage.

4) At this point, Batman is caught off guard by his opponent's pure ferociousness and almost goes down. But as he's barely avoiding those claws, Batman sees the flash burns rapidly heal on Wolverine's face...including a scarred eye.

5) Now that Batman knows he's fighting an unbreakable, nigh-invulnerable berserk killer, he makes the lightning quick decision to jab a high-powered tazer needle (like the kind on a projectile tazer gun) through Wolverine's eye and into his brain...shorting Wolverine out long enough for Batman to administer a stronger tranq...call in Superman...whatever he needs to do.

This all takes about 2 minutes.

Now before anyone says "Waaaaait a minute" .... I didn't equip Batman with any tools he wouldn't normally have on his utility belt. No shark repellant spray or anything like that. He wins through simple observation, superior reflexes, and the ability to remain calm as fuck. That's really all there is to it.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:38 pm

Kudos Ginger.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:57 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:Batman beats Wolverine hands down...and Adamantium never even plays into it. Here's how (god, I'm such a dork for what I'm about to type)....

1) The fight begins with both heroes "testing" each other. Batman's looking for a weakness and Wolvie doesn't just knife random people anymore.

2) After one (maaaaybe two) punches, Batman feels Wolvie's metal interior and realizes crippling blows are useless. All this time, frustrating Wolverine by dodging punches, flinging around his cape, and basically being dressed like a bat.

3) Noticing Wolverine's growing frustration, he hits him in the face with a semi-harmless flash bomb, throwing Wolverine into a berserker rage.

4) At this point, Batman is caught off guard by his opponent's pure ferociousness and almost goes down. But as he's barely avoiding those claws, Batman sees the flash burns rapidly heal on Wolverine's face...including a scarred eye.

5) Now that Batman knows he's fighting an unbreakable, nigh-invulnerable berserk killer, he makes the lightning quick decision to jab a high-powered tazer needle (like the kind on a projectile tazer gun) through Wolverine's eye and into his brain...shorting Wolverine out long enough for Batman to administer a stronger tranq...call in Superman...whatever he needs to do.

Now before anyone says "Waaaaait a minute" .... I didn't equip Batman with any tools he wouldn't normally have on his utility belt. No shark repellant spray or anything like that. He wins through simple observation, superior reflexes, and the ability to remain calm as fuck. That's really all there is to it.

Agreed. I think people are continually underestimating Batman's ability to adapt and understand the situation he is in. He is calm and doesn't give into his emotions. Much like Daredevil.

However, your plan is contingent on Batman's ability to call in Superman. If Superman is somewhat preoccupied with, say, a big giant green Hulk...what then?

And what if Wolverine radios for the help of the other X-Men. Now, of course, one might say that Wolverine's ego would prevent him for calling for help, but I don't think its entirely unheard of.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:28 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:Agreed. I think people are continually underestimating Batman's ability to adapt and understand the situation he is in. He is calm and doesn't give into his emotions. Much like Daredevil.

However, your plan is contingent on Batman's ability to call in Superman. If Superman is somewhat preoccupied with, say, a big giant green Hulk...what then?

And what if Wolverine radios for the help of the other X-Men. Now, of course, one might say that Wolverine's ego would prevent him for calling for help, but I don't think its entirely unheard of.

My plan isn't contingent on calling in Superman...I just laid that down as a possible containment option. Bats could also administer a stronger tranquilizer...something strong enough to keep Wolverine sedated for whatever Bats has planned.

The question is, who wins in a fight? That's Batman. What happens after the fight...that has many possibilities. I guess we could factor in the X-Men or the JLA...but then we're talking about a completely different question.

BUT upon further thought...here's how it goes down after the fight. Bats gives Wolverine the stronger tranquilizer...the one he keeps around for guys like Killer Croc or Manbat. He teleports Wolverine to the JLA Watchtower, b/c if anything goes too wrong, he can at least shoot the furry bastard into space. Bats has Firestorm meet him at HQ and analyze, then alter, Wolverine's adamantium skeleton. With Wolverine's "cut through anything" claws neutralized, he's placed in a holding cell until he sobers up.

That's how it ends.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:59 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:Batman beats Wolverine hands down...and Adamantium never even plays into it. Here's how (god, I'm such a dork for what I'm about to type)....

How sad, because Shark Repellent Spray works against Wolverine all the time.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:01 pm

Also, how do you know that Wolverine's healing factor won't wake him up from the tranq almost immediately?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby instant_karma on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:01 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:Agreed. I think people are continually underestimating Batman's ability to adapt and understand the situation he is in. He is calm and doesn't give into his emotions. Much like Daredevil.

My plan isn't contingent on calling in Superman...I just laid that down as a possible containment option. Bats could also administer a stronger tranquilizer...something strong enough to keep Wolverine sedated for whatever Bats has planned.

The question is, who wins in a fight? That's Batman. What happens after the fight...that has many possibilities. I guess we could factor in the X-Men or the JLA...but then we're talking about a completely different question.

BUT upon further thought...here's how it goes down after the fight. Bats gives Wolverine the stronger tranquilizer...the one he keeps around for guys like Killer Croc or Manbat. He teleports Wolverine to the JLA Watchtower, b/c if anything goes too wrong, he can at least shoot the furry bastard into space. Bats has Firestorm meet him at HQ and analyze, then alter, Wolverine's adamantium skeleton. With Wolverine's "cut through anything" claws neutralized, he's placed in a holding cell until he sobers up.

That's how it ends.

Or Bats could just throw Wolverine into a vat of concentrated acid 'til all that's left is just a shiny adamantium skeleton.

Anyway, I voted DC, since they had the most powerful comic book character ever. Grant Morrison.

He would just reveal to the Marvel guys that they are all just comic book creations and that he could erase them from continuity at his whim.

If there's any other questions I can help you out with, just let me know...
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby Theta on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:08 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote:In a pure bare knuckles, knock'em down brawl, where's Batman going to have the time to find a giant electromagnet?

This assumes Bats is going to fight a guy like Wolvie toe-to-toe. He might at first, but once he realizes what he's up against, he'll back off, plan, etc.

Still, I wonder why Reed Richards didn't think about that in "Enemy of the State." SHIELD wouldn't, because they're a bunch of morons, but Richards should have thought of it about twenty times over.

He was too busy trying to work out why his best friend left the country and his wife dumped him.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Theta on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:10 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Also, how do you know that Wolverine's healing factor won't wake him up from the tranq almost immediately?

Different chemical composition in the DCU.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:11 pm

Theta wrote:

He was too busy trying to work out why his best friend left the country, why his wife dumped him and shooting the Hulk into outer space.

Fixed your response Theta.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Theta on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:15 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:Spider-Man (Peter Parker, even though the costume corresponds to Ben Reilly) defeats Superboy (fan voted)

Superman defeats Hulk (fan voted)

Thor defeats Captain Marvel

This one always kind of bothered me. True, Thor commands lightning, but the fight itself...ehhh...

Robin III defeats Jubilee

Wolverine defeats Lobo (fan voted)

The ONLY way Wolverine could win that fight. Wolvie has some scrap of morals; Lobo doesn't.

Storm defeats Wonder Woman (fan voted)

More bullshit. I was pretty pissed about that one. Storm's awesome but all Wondy had to do was one sock to the jaw and that's the ballgame.

Aquaman defeats Namor the Sub-Mariner

Flash defeats Quicksilver

Yeah, like that was ever in doubt.

Elektra defeats Catwoman

Silver Surfer defeats Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)

I always wondered what would happen if the Surfer had been up against Hal Jordan.

Batman defeats Captain America (fan voted)

This one I've ALWAYS wondered about the numbers.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Theta on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:16 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Theta wrote:

He was too busy trying to work out why his best friend left the country, why his wife dumped him and winning a bar bet by shooting the Hulk into outer space.

Fixed your response Theta.

No, NOW it's fixed.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:34 pm

Theta wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:Also, how do you know that Wolverine's healing factor won't wake him up from the tranq almost immediately?

Oh okay, then I guess I can say without a doubt that Batman is lethally allergic it adamantium. If he is within 500 miles of any, then he will sneeze so hard that his anus will fly out of his nose and he will die.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:57 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:
buster00 wrote:Dude, seriously, there's this one issue where Batman just puts on armor and beats the shit out of Galactus.

So it's gotta be DC.

Actually, here's why I voted DC: The Spectre -- read, THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD HIMSELF -- descended from on high and CAME IN THE FACE of the goddamn Marvel Universe. Then the Anti-Monitor swiped the Marvel Universe's purse, gave 'er a bootprint in the pussy lips, and sent 'er out of existence.

I am so confused. Please explain without the use of the words dude and p***y.

God I was such a douche back then.

Glad I changed my ways.

BTW: A year and half between posts? I thought this would be popping.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:05 am

You're right, Burl. I checked it out and Wolverine's healing factor "renders him immune to most toxins and disease." So I'll assume the tranquilizer wouldn't work on him. But a direct electrical shock to the inside of his brain would put him out long enough for Batman to do whatever he'd do next...even if it's just retreat and do research.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby minstrel on Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:30 am

WTF??

OK, Wolvie's in a berserker rage. Claws are OUT! He is beyond peak human in strength and speed. He has a century or more of training in every fighting art there is. He outclasses Batman in that respect.

AND the healing factor. AND the fucking claws.

Batman is dead. D-E-A-D dead. If you assume (as you did at the beginning of the post) that the fighters don't know about each other going into the fight, then Batman is unprepared for the claws. Wolverine, with claws, in a berserker rage, rips Batman to shreds. No contest.

How could it be otherwise?
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:30 am

Tranqs have been used on Wolverine in the comics over the years.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby minstrel on Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:48 am

Adamantium claws versus flesh. That's what it comes down to.

Batman is a highly-skilled fighter, of course, but to assume that he is more highly-skilled than Wolverine is ridiculous. Batman can't beat the damn claws.

Batman is sliced and diced and arranged for sale in the butcher shop. That's all there is to this.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:54 am

Yeah and don't forget about that lethal adamantium allergy.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:57 am

minstrel wrote:WTF??

OK, Wolvie's in a berserker rage. Claws are OUT! He is beyond peak human in strength and speed. He has a century or more of training in every fighting art there is. He outclasses Batman in that respect.

AND the healing factor. AND the fucking claws.

Batman is dead. D-E-A-D dead. If you assume (as you did at the beginning of the post) that the fighters don't know about each other going into the fight, then Batman is unprepared for the claws. Wolverine, with claws, in a berserker rage, rips Batman to shreds. No contest.

How could it be otherwise?

B/C all of Wolverine's fighting skill turns to zilch when he's in a berserker rage. Plus, Wolverine's knuckle-knives get waaaaay too much credit.

Batman has fought...and defeated...Killer Croc on numerous occasions. And Killer Croc is a larger,super-stronger, clawed fighter with a berserker style, invulnerable skin, healing factor, super speed, super senses...oh, and a 170 IQ.

Wolverine doesn't stand a fucking chance.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:14 am

minstrel wrote:Adamantium claws versus flesh. That's what it comes down to.

Batman is a highly-skilled fighter, of course, but to assume that he is more highly-skilled than Wolverine is ridiculous. Batman can't beat the damn claws.

Batman is sliced and diced and arranged for sale in the butcher shop. That's all there is to this.

You're really giving those claws too much credit. If it's the surprise factor that gives Wolverine the victory, then he could beat Batman with a switchblade he keeps hidden in his pocket. Or Batman would die everytime someone pulls a hidden gun on him.

Wolverine is short. He's got short arms. His claws are just glorified reach-extenders. So for Batman, it would be like dodging a normal-sized guy's punches. Eeeeeeeasy.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Anti-Christ on Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:45 am

Maybe you guys should change the title of this thread from DC vs Marvel to Batman vs Wolverine. The amount of effort being put into the debate, you'd think the fate of the universe hinged on it.

My two cents, Batman wins due to the fact that Wolverine has been an overwritten character for years. Sure he can heal quick, fight, and has claws that can cut through anything but he's a brawler, undisciplined, and easily drawn into close quarters. As good a healing factor as Wolvie has I don't think death can be overcome and the fact that driving anything through an eye into one's brain pan can kill most instantly, then stop trying to say, "he'd heal from that and just keep going." Any comic book writer who allowed crap like that to fly is a total moron. Just shoot Wolvie in the eye, shred the brain, and be done with it. Geeze. And yes, I am a Bats fan.
Image Creating worlds
Anti-Christ
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Lady Sheridan on Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:58 am

Anti-Christ wrote: Any comic book writer who allowed crap like that to fly is a total moron. Just shoot Wolvie in the eye, shred the brain, and be done with it. Geeze. And yes, I am a Bats fan.

No...really?! :shock:
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Adam Balm on Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:06 am

You know, I always thought it would be a better explanation for Wolvie's memory loss to be a result of the fact that the brain doesn't repair itself. So that as a natural consequence, he'd go on living with his body regenerating itself, staying young, but damage to his brain would accumulate...and so gradually over time, he'd forget his earliest memories, and not remember who he was.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:22 am

And become stupider and more animal like...I like that Adam.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:39 am

JIM CORRIGOWNT!!!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:50 am

Downey knows a thing or two about comics, and he can get downright geeky when discussing them. He prefers Marvel to D.C. comics. He liked Iron Man, "but mainly through his appearance with Avengers." His favorite early heroes, he says, were the relatively obscure Sgt. Rock and Sgt. Fury
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby MonkeyM666 on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:53 am

What about a match up between the Ghost Rider and Spawn?

Oh hang on is Spawn Marvel or DC?
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:57 am

Spawn is Image.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby MonkeyM666 on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:58 am

Oh..... :oops:

So that doesn't count, damn.... ignore me then, my Glib heart is showing again...
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:54 am

How's about Wonder Woman vs. Invisible Woman?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:58 am

Anti-Christ wrote:Maybe you guys should change the title of this thread from DC vs Marvel to Batman vs Wolverine. The amount of effort being put into the debate, you'd think the fate of the universe hinged on it.

Hold the phone! Are you saying people are overthinking superhero battles in a Comic Book Thread called Marvel vs. DC??? Thank god we have you to set us straig--

Anti-Christ wrote:Batman wins due to the fact that Wolverine has been an overwritten character for years. Sure he can heal quick, fight, and has claws that can cut through anything but he's a brawler, undisciplined, and easily drawn into close quarters.

Oh. You weren't done talking? I thought we decided all this "effort" was silly and were moving o--

Anti-Christ wrote:As good a healing factor as Wolvie has I don't think death can be overcome and the fact that driving anything through an eye into one's brain pan can kill most instantly, then stop trying to say, "he'd heal from that and just keep going." Any comic book writer who allowed crap like that to fly is a total moron.

He's still talking! I'm so confus--

Anti-Christ wrote:Just shoot Wolvie in the eye, shred the brain, and be done with it. Geeze. And yes, I am a Bats fan.

Hmmm. You know guys, maybe we should change the title of this thread from DC vs Marvel to Anti-Christ is a Bats Fan. The amount of effort he put into that post, you'd think the fate of the universe hinged on it.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:07 am

The KIller Croc comparisons are stupid. Mainly because Killer Croc is somehow more stupid than Wolverine. And I doubt Killer Croc has ever been torn in half by the Hulk and the two pieces thrown miles apart only for Killer Croc to crawl back to his legs and heal himself.

Not that we will ever see the eventual resolution to that fight between Hulk and Wolverine, but THAT IS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN.

Sorry it doesn't matter what kind of gayass moves Batman would throw at Wolverine, eventually Wolverine would gut him like an overstuffed pig.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:23 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:The KIller Croc comparisons are stupid. Mainly because Killer Croc is somehow more stupid than Wolverine. And I doubt Killer Croc has ever been torn in half by the Hulk and the two pieces thrown miles apart only for Killer Croc to crawl back to his legs and heal himself.

Not that we will ever see the eventual resolution to that fight between Hulk and Wolverine, but THAT IS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN.

Sorry it doesn't matter what kind of gayass moves Batman would throw at Wolverine, eventually Wolverine would gut him like an overstuffed pig.

When's the last time Wolverine actually gutted anybody that wasn't a flunky? Fighting-wise, he's been neutered b/c writers seem to think it's cooler to have Wolverine recover from nigh-impossible injuries than just win fights.

That's Wolverine's MO. He faces down a real threat, gets his ass handed to him, recovers, then returns to fight again and win....b/c whoever he's up against keeps fighting like they did before. Batman changes his tactics...that's how he wins.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Theta on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:41 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:
Theta wrote:

Oh okay, then I guess I can say without a doubt that Batman is lethally allergic it adamantium. If he is within 500 miles of any, then he will sneeze so hard that his anus will fly out of his nose and he will die.

Allergic? Where, I ask you, is the fun in that?

How about adamantium being a potent hallucinogenic?
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Theta on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:45 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:Sorry it doesn't matter what kind of gayass moves Batman would throw at Wolverine, eventually Wolverine would gut him like an overstuffed pig.

What if Batman gayass move is to ask Wolvie out? We're assuming they'd get into a fistfight, but what if this was the inter-company crossover version of Brokeback?
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:46 am

Ooooh, better question. Who wins in a slap fight? 10-yr-old, nancy boy, James "Wolverine" Howlett (sporting his sleeping gown costume) VS 10-yr-old, prissy boy, Bruce "Batman" Wayne (complete with his cute, widdle tuxedo)....

Place your bets!
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:33 am

Anti-Christ wrote:Maybe you guys should change the title of this thread from DC vs Marvel to Batman vs Wolverine. The amount of effort being put into the debate, you'd think the fate of the universe hinged on it.

My two cents, Batman wins due to the fact that Wolverine has been an overwritten character for years. Sure he can heal quick, fight, and has claws that can cut through anything but he's a brawler, undisciplined, and easily drawn into close quarters. As good a healing factor as Wolvie has I don't think death can be overcome and the fact that driving anything through an eye into one's brain pan can kill most instantly, then stop trying to say, "he'd heal from that and just keep going." Any comic book writer who allowed crap like that to fly is a total moron. Just shoot Wolvie in the eye, shred the brain, and be done with it. Geeze. And yes, I am a Bats fan.

LOL!

"Stop arguing about BATMAN/WOLVERINE so I can ARGUE BATMAN/WOLVERINE, DAMN IT!"
Last edited by ONeillSG1 on Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:35 am

I'm pretty sure Hugh Jackman would kick Christian Bale's ass too...
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Books