Marvel vs. DC: Who'd Win?

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Which universe of super beings would beat the other, in an all out brawl?

DC
44%
Marvel
56%

Total votes : 72

Postby r8hitman on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:31 pm

LOL
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:31 pm

r8hitman wrote:Okay, is it just a the Dino, or does a the r8hitman have a the really annoying way of a using the "quote" button... or not, eh?

What inna the hell? It's a the such a the simple concept no?

Too bad.

I'm "so sorry" but I guess you're just gonna have ta deal with it Dino....no?

:shock:

Goddamn... where inna the hell did I leave a my Sith robe, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:32 pm

minstrel wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:And also, several writers have depicted Batman defeating Superman. They are not talentless hacks either.

That doesn't mean that these writers are RIGHT. They may be paid by DC, and their stuff is therefore rammed down the fans' throats, but let's face it: comic book writers write whatever they want, and then the next writer comes along and writes whatever HE wants. And we're supposed to try to make sense of it all. So this argument doesn't work.

We know Batman's skills, abilities, and tech. And we know Superman's powers. What we're really arguing about is whether one can overcome the other.

Superman can survive multi-megaton nuclear explosions. Batman doesn't have that kind of firepower. His skills and abilities are worthless against Superman because he can hit Superman with everything he's got and not even disturb Superman's sleep. And even if he does something like holding Lois Lane hostage to force Superman to submit, Superman can use his super-speed to act to free Lois far faster than Batman can even begin to pull the trigger, so to speak.

All this happens UNLESS Batman has kryptonite. If Batman has kryptonite, then of course he wins. As I said somewhere else, Elmer Fudd could defeat Superman with kryptonite. There's no issue there, no argument.

So the winner is Superman, when Batman doesn't have kryptonite.
The winner is Elmer Fudd if he has kryptonite.

Why does your AV make me think you're a bit biased? :wink:
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:32 pm

minstrel wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:And also, several writers have depicted Batman defeating Superman. They are not talentless hacks either.

That doesn't mean that these writers are RIGHT. They may be paid by DC, and their stuff is therefore rammed down the fans' throats, but let's face it: comic book writers write whatever they want, and then the next writer comes along and writes whatever HE wants. And we're supposed to try to make sense of it all. So this argument doesn't work.

We know Batman's skills, abilities, and tech. And we know Superman's powers. What we're really arguing about is whether one can overcome the other.

Superman can survive multi-megaton nuclear explosions. Batman doesn't have that kind of firepower. His skills and abilities are worthless against Superman because he can hit Superman with everything he's got and not even disturb Superman's sleep. And even if he does something like holding Lois Lane hostage to force Superman to submit, Superman can use his super-speed to act to free Lois far faster than Batman can even begin to pull the trigger, so to speak.

All this happens UNLESS Batman has kryptonite. If Batman has kryptonite, then of course he wins. As I said somewhere else, Elmer Fudd could defeat Superman with kryptonite. There's no issue there, no argument.

Wait a minute...it doesn't count? Why not? DC gave these writers their properties. These are official stories. We are supposed to discount them? Yes we know their powers. Except, wait, don't powers like...CHANGE over time? Yes, they do. To ignore these stories is silly. I really can't see any reason to ignore these stories. It just seems to make for a more ill-informed debate.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby r8hitman on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:35 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
r8hitman wrote:[b ]Okay, is it just a the Dino, or does a the r8hitman have a the really annoying way of a using the "quote" button... or not, eh?

[/b]

Too bad.

Probably in Tony Soprano's bed.
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:36 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
r8hitman wrote:[b ]Okay, is it just a the Dino, or does a the r8hitman have a the really annoying way of a using the "quote" button... or not, eh?

[/b]

Too bad.

It's draped over Atomic Hyperbole's grave.

There's an empty plot right next to him. :twisted:
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby minstrel on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:42 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:Why does your AV make me think you're a bit biased? :wink:

OK, I know you winked and all, but just in the interests of full disclosure:

I am not a Superman fan. I just thought the pic was cute, so I use it as my av.

I am also not a Batman fan.

I am not a DC fan in general.

Back in the days when I read comic books regularly, I read Marvel almost exclusively. But I haven't read comics regularly since the mid-80s or so. So anything I'm saying is based on the knowledge I had at that time. I have looked on sites like marveldirectory.com and other character-info sites, just to research stuff I'm not otherwise familiar with.

That's where I'm coming from.

:)
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:47 pm

r8hitman wrote:
DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Goddamn... where inna the hell did I leave a my Sith robe, eh?

Probably in Tony Soprano's bed.

Okay, paisan... you asked a for it, eh?

Oh goddamn... wait... not a that one... THIS a one, eh?

Hehehe... not a that one either, eh? I just a like a to throw that one in every once inna the while... try... THIS A ONE:

Heheh... no, not a that one either... hehehehe... I just a like a the way my wife looks onna my arm inna that one... hold on... here it is:

HOLY CRAPPA! How inna the hell did a that get inna here, eh? Wait...

Ah, getting close but still not a quite a the right one... hold on, eh?

HEY! It's a the goddamn Al Leong!!! 20 points, eh? Oh goddamn... I'm a getting alla distracted anna such... I still gotta to pwn you, eh? Try THIS onna for size, eh?

Oops... wrong one, eh? Goddamn... it's around here somewhere, eh? The Dino, he just a knows it...

Meh... that's a not it, eh? But it still sort of a pwns you onna some a level a 'cos a no matter what you do inna your life, she's a not a gonna to be as a good as a that poster, eh? OLD SCHOOL, BABY!!! Okay... one more try...

Sonofa...

Anna I'm alla spent, eh? Holy crappa somebody gimme a the grappa...
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby r8hitman on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:48 pm

minstrel wrote:JLA vs. Xmen isn't much of a fight. JLA wins, hands down. Xmen don't have anybody who can compete with Superman, Wonder Woman, Manhunter.

A better battle would be JLA vs Avengers. Avengers had some real powerhouses in the lineup.

Well minstrel, if you look at it like this:

Storm and Polaris could handle Wonder Woman
Prof.X and Jean would utterly destroy the Martian

Now the Superman issue is kind of tricky......
Colossus and Wolverine would have to try their best to "keep him busy"
(there's no way they could defeat him) but just keep him busy until the Prof, Storm, Polaris, or Jean could lend a helping hand.

Now I know this sounds like a lot to do, but the X-men are a better team than the solo heroes/turned team members of the JLA (and they outnumber them) so this is really their main strength because the JLA does have the raw power advantage.
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby r8hitman on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:51 pm

LOL

OK, I'll give you your props on that Sidious picture.

That was a good one :wink:
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Theta on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:51 pm

minstrel wrote:All this happens UNLESS Batman has kryptonite. If Batman has kryptonite, then of course he wins.

A) He does.

B) Not necessarily.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:53 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA!! I love this pic.

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Image

:evil:
You sonofabitch.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:55 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote: :evil:
You sonofabitch.

Why, Moo! I dinna even a see you grazing over there inna the corner, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:13 pm

Okay, is it just a the Dino, or does a the r8hitman have a the really annoying way of a using the "quote" button... or not, eh?

Yes.

I already raised that point. It fell on deaf ears.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:18 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote: :evil:
You sonofabitch.

Why, Moo! I dinna even a see you grazing over there inna the corner, eh?

That's right! Grazing!! Now that's commitment.

:wink:
Lord Voldemoo

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:19 pm

As far as Wolverine regenerating from a skeleton: During Civil War, when this happened, it was established that the regenerative abilities work on a near molecular level. I know that's stupid, but Wolverine actually regenerated because there was SOME dna left to start replicating and such.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby r8hitman on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:23 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Okay, is it just a the Dino, or does a the r8hitman have a the really annoying way of a using the "quote" button... or not, eh?

Yes.

That should tell you something.....

ImageImage
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:35 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:As far as Wolverine regenerating from a skeleton: During Civil War, when this happened, it was established that the regenerative abilities work on a near molecular level. I know that's stupid, but Wolverine actually regenerated because there was SOME dna left to start replicating and such.

Yeah, I was sure it was something like that. I only brought it up as evidence that Wolverine hadn't always been able to do that. That he had, in fact, been beefed up due to character popularity.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:36 pm

r8hitman wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Okay, is it just a the Dino, or does a the r8hitman have a the really annoying way of a using the "quote" button... or not, eh?

Yes.

ImageImage

Yeah guys lay off. It's not like there is a Zoner Manual of Style we are all required to follow. Jesus we are such dicks to noobs. Why can't you guys just be dicks to everyone, like me? DON'T BE RACIST!
Last edited by burlivesleftnut on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:38 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:As far as Wolverine regenerating from a skeleton: During Civil War, when this happened, it was established that the regenerative abilities work on a near molecular level. I know that's stupid, but Wolverine actually regenerated because there was SOME dna left to start replicating and such.

Yeah, I was sure it was something like that. I only brought it up as evidence that Wolverine hadn't always been able to do that. That he had, in fact, been beefed up due to character popularity.

Well that's only natural for any character who gets more attention. And especially for super-powered folks. Writers and fans and artists all want to see the edge pushed, but that doesn't mean the enhancement or change is invalid. It might be nonsensical and borderline ALF, but it's still valid.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:47 pm

Yeah guys lay off. It's not like there is a Zoner Manual of Style we are all required to follow. Jesus we are such dicks to noobs. Why can't you guys just be dicks to everyone, like me? DON'T BE RACIST!

The Dino, he is a the dick a to everyone, no?

It's alla part of a my charm...
DinoDeLaurentiis

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:52 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Yeah guys lay off. It's not like there is a Zoner Manual of Style we are all required to follow. Jesus we are such dicks to noobs. Why can't you guys just be dicks to everyone, like me? DON'T BE RACIST!This guys has a good point.

burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:03 pm

ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:09 pm

r8hitman wrote:

Yes.

That you are deaf?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:10 pm

hahahahaa
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:30 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Well that's only natural for any character who gets more attention. And especially for super-powered folks. Writers and fans and artists all want to see the edge pushed, but that doesn't mean the enhancement or change is invalid. It might be nonsensical and borderline ALF, but it's still valid.

I totally agree with you, Burl. r8hitman was just getting pissy about Batman being "uber-pumped" b/c fans liked him. And I was trying to make the point you just made (which you did much better) that the same went for Wolverine...and every other character ever written.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby instant_karma on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:32 pm

Can anyone describe the circumstances under which Wolverine beat Lobo?

I'm pretty sure regeneration is one of Lobo's powers, as well as super strength far in excess of Wolverines. Oh, and I'm pretty sure there was something about every drop of his blood would grow a duplicate Lobo.
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:35 pm

instant_karma wrote:Can anyone describe the circumstances under which Wolverine beat Lobo?

I'm pretty sure regeneration is one of Lobo's powers, as well as super strength far in excess of Wolverines. Oh, and I'm pretty sure there was something about every drop of his blood would grow a duplicate Lobo.

Lobo hit Wolverine in the chest with his hook. They fell behind a bar, where the fight continued off page for a panel. Wolverine stood up and lit a cigar. That's it.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby instant_karma on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:35 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:Well that's only natural for any character who gets more attention. And especially for super-powered folks. Writers and fans and artists all want to see the edge pushed, but that doesn't mean the enhancement or change is invalid. It might be nonsensical and borderline ALF, but it's still valid.

I totally agree with you, Burl. r8hitman was just getting pissy about Batman being "uber-pumped" b/c fans liked him. And I was trying to make the point you just made (which you did much better) that the same went for Wolverine...and every other character ever written.

I think the award for most pimped up character ever goes to the Red Tornado.

From humble origins as a big bosomed woman with a bucket on her head and a mop for a weapon, to artificial intelligent/wind elemental...
instant_karma

Postby instant_karma on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:37 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:
instant_karma wrote:Can anyone describe the circumstances under which Wolverine beat Lobo?

Lobo hit Wolverine in the chest with his hook. They fell behind a bar, where the fight continued off page for a panel. Wolverine stood up and lit a cigar. That's it.

That's crap!

I call Shenanigans...
instant_karma

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:41 pm

instant_karma wrote:
The Ginger Man wrote:

I think the award for most pimped up character ever goes to the Red Tornado.

From humble origins as a big bosomed woman with a bucket on her head and a mop for a weapon, to artificial intelligent/wind elemental...

You also have Stuntmaster to Ghost Rider.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:48 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:

Seriously?

that's the gheyist thing I've ever heard.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:54 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:

Man - that sounds like it belonged on either RAW or SMACKDOWN! :roll:
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:23 pm

Or Logo.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:28 pm

I would probably bet Marvel. I mean Marvel has much more history of focusing on super powerful aliens and cosmic space beings etc (Infinity, Galactus and The Celestials etc)...DC really doesn't have as much of that stuff.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:25 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:I would probably bet Marvel. I mean Marvel has much more history of focusing on super powerful aliens and cosmic space beings etc (Infinity, Galactus and The Celestials etc)...DC really doesn't have as much of that stuff.

Not really. Just look at some of the big DC hitters. Superman and Martian Manhunters are both aliens. Green Lantern is part of an intergalactic police force. Shazam is powered by magic and gods. Wonder Woman is a mystical amazon. Then you've got the New Gods, Darkseid, Starro, the Anti-Monitor...the JLA actually fought and defeated the angelic army of heaven a few years ago. Gotham city held off against a fully elemental Swamp Thing. And then Parallax almost destoryed the world. Then the Sun Eater almost ate the sun. God's spirit of vengence, The Spectre, almost destroyed magic and the world....

The list goes on and on. DC actually has the bigger history of fighting god-level, cosmic beings.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby thebabypanda on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:50 pm

um, try brainiac. or martian manhunter. or umm.... hmm....let's see....
superman? the super powerfulist in da flesh.

speaking of match-ups, and it has been said here before but:

supes vs. hulk/maestro

hulk has even better regenerative powers than wolverine, right?
and, depending on his state of agitation is the most powerful character
strengthwise, correct? even in dire life threatening situations as banner
hulk takes over and prevents him from....expiring. this being said, i do think hulk could take doomsday if not easily, then handily. and doomsday caused supes to "push the little (super-powered) daisies and make em come up". Hulk Win!

also speaking of.... ultimate hulk vs. wolverine.

when the frak is issue 3 coming out!
thebabypanda
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:52 pm

actually Doomsday did not kill Superman and vice versa.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:13 pm

thebabypanda wrote:supes vs. hulk/maestro

hulk has even better regenerative powers than wolverine, right?
and, depending on his state of agitation is the most powerful character
strengthwise, correct? even in dire life threatening situations as banner
hulk takes over and prevents him from....expiring. this being said, i do think hulk could take doomsday if not easily, then handily. and doomsday caused supes to "push the little (super-powered) daisies and make em come up". Hulk Win!

Superman wins. If pushed to the limit and w/o any other choice, he could shoot his heat vision through Hulk's eyes, into his brain, and lobotimize Banner...stopping the anger and possibly even destroying the Hulk personality.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:18 pm

Even Hulk's eyeballs are indestructible. Superman would give him a good match up, but the more angry Hulk got the more he would murder Superman. But we see what happens when Superman faces overpowering forces: he flees. And since he is FASTER than the Hulk, then it would be a draw. Hulk would bounce around screaming, "WHERE PUNY BLUE MAN?#?! WHERE FIRE EYES#:!L!" until he tired out and took a nap in some jungle.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:59 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:I would probably bet Marvel. I mean Marvel has much more history of focusing on super powerful aliens and cosmic space beings etc (Infinity, Galactus and The Celestials etc)...DC really doesn't have as much of that stuff.

Not really. Just look at some of the big DC hitters. Superman and Martian Manhunters are both aliens. Green Lantern is part of an intergalactic police force. Shazam is powered by magic and gods. Wonder Woman is a mystical amazon. Then you've got the New Gods, Darkseid, Starro, the Anti-Monitor...the JLA actually fought and defeated the angelic army of heaven a few years ago. Gotham city held off against a fully elemental Swamp Thing. And then Parallax almost destoryed the world. Then the Sun Eater almost ate the sun. God's spirit of vengence, The Spectre, almost destroyed magic and the world....

The list goes on and on. DC actually has the bigger history of fighting god-level, cosmic beings.

I didn't include magic and gods. I think the universe that includes a being consisting of the entirety of everything wins out on power.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:15 pm

r8hitman wrote:
minstrel wrote:

WELL FUCKING SAID.
*the "logical" portion of the room stands up and applauses*
:P

Then thank god Batman has kryptonite.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Theta on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:01 pm

What I'm about to reveal is deeply shameful.

Lobo indeed has superstrength, and can regenerate from a single drop of blood. This used to result in new Lobos until Vril Dox of L.E.G.I.O.N. "neutered" him.

I know this because I used to read Lobo fanatically when I was in middle school.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Theta on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:03 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Even Hulk's eyeballs are indestructible. Superman would give him a good match up, but the more angry Hulk got the more he would murder Superman. But we see what happens when Superman faces overpowering forces: he flees. And since he is FASTER than the Hulk, then it would be a draw. Hulk would bounce around screaming, "WHERE PUNY BLUE MAN?#?! WHERE FIRE EYES#:!L!" until he tired out and took a nap in some jungle.

I don't think Supes would be quite above taking the Hulk into space. Of course, what would then happen is he'd pass out, start turning back into Banner (Supes, naturally, wouldn't be aware of the nature of the Hulk's powers), and Supes would rush him back into Earth's atmosphere...turning him back into the Hulk in the process.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby LaDracul on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:39 pm

Marvel has better movies.

Well, except for that period in the late '80s/early '90s when they made crappy TV movies.

And the Ang Lee debacle.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Theta on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:59 pm

LaDracul wrote:Marvel has better movies.

Well, except for that period in the late '80s/early '90s when they made crappy TV movies.

And the Ang Lee debacle.

Yeesh, sorry, can't agree with you on ANY of this. "Hulk" definitely has its fans (Mori's DVD review thread turned into a "Hulk" love fest a few months back), and I'm one of them, because it doesn't abide by the formula Marvel flicks have rapidly fallen into.

True, Sam Raimi's Spidey movies are great, there's "X2" and there's "Hulk". But beyond that, once you get over the joy of shaking the Marvel curse...what's left? They're all watchable enough, I suppose, but there's no effort to do anything more.

Part of this is formula; it's all origin stories. Another part is generally a lack of distinctive directors. I'm hoping Jon Favreau and Edgar Wright are going to turn this around. The temptation, though, is to play it safe with that much money on the line...I hope they don't do that.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby The Ginger Man on Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:51 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:Even Hulk's eyeballs are indestructible. Superman would give him a good match up, but the more angry Hulk got the more he would murder Superman. But we see what happens when Superman faces overpowering forces: he flees. And since he is FASTER than the Hulk, then it would be a draw. Hulk would bounce around screaming, "WHERE PUNY BLUE MAN?#?! WHERE FIRE EYES#:!L!" until he tired out and took a nap in some jungle.

But Supes isn't destroying Hulk's eyes. It's light passing through, that's all. The comic I read where Superman did this, the person didn't even realize until he tried to use his powers and found they'd been "lobotimized" while he and Supes had just been talking.

And Hulk actually isn't indestructible. But he can regenerate, so the lobotimy probably wouldn't take. Though I wonder if it would work on Bruce Banner, since the Hulk would only take control if he knew he was in danger of being destroyed. If Supes could do the "operation" so discreetly, could he "cure" Banner?
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby minstrel on Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:01 am

The Ginger Man wrote:

But Supes isn't destroying Hulk's eyes. It's light passing through, that's all. The comic I read where Superman did this, the person didn't even realize until he tried to use his powers and found they'd been "lobotimized" while he and Supes had just been talking.

And Hulk actually isn't indestructible. But he can regenerate, so the lobotimy probably wouldn't take. Though I wonder if it would work on Bruce Banner, since the Hulk would only take control if he knew he was in danger of being destroyed. If Supes could do the "operation" so discreetly, could he "cure" Banner?

You know, fun as this is to think about, it doesn't make for cool comics. I don't want to look at panels in which Superman lobotomizes Hulk unawares or cures Banner or whatever. Deep down inside, deep in my testosterone, I wanna see Hulk SMASH!!

So it's more fun to think that Hulk is already seriously pissed off at Superman when they first meet, so this kind of subterfuge is impossible. I want to see these two super-strength buttstompers stomp each other's butts. I want to see them flinging Mount Everest at each other and overturning continents in their struggle for victory. Oh yes, there will be carnage ....

"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Lady Sheridan on Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:48 am

minstrel wrote:
So it's more fun to think that Hulk is already seriously pissed off at Superman when they first meet, so this kind of subterfuge is impossible. I want to see these two super-strength buttstompers stomp each other's butts. I want to see them flinging Mount Everest at each other and overturning continents in their struggle for victory. Oh yes, there will be carnage ....

Careful, I made that assumption with Batman vs Wolverine, when clearly DC characters plan for months in advance for just such a battle.

(So said all the fanboys in my office today.)
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:04 am

Okay, I am going to do a massive multi-question poll on another site, but I need you guys to come up with suggestions for show downs. I already have Superman vs. Hulk, and Wolverine vs. Batman, but I need more. Post them here and I will gather them together and then with the results we can finally see who wins.

If you don't want to post it, just PM me.

Oh and the ONLY Green Lantern fights I will take will be GL vs. Dark Phoenix or GL vs. Silver Surfer. His power is too retardedly lopsided for anyone to fight him farely.

ETA: Fuck Dark Pheonix, I am only doing heroes.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Books