The Official X-Thread (Now w/ Messiah Complex!)

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Postby Lurker Johnson on Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:27 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote:I'm about halfway through Vol. 2 of Astonishing right now.

I really really love it.

Anyone want a free copy of Vol 1 of Ultimates? ;)

<b>Dangerous</b> is one of my favorite storylines in a while. Well written and drawn to perfection. I liked where Joss was taking it.
Lurker Johnson
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Lady Sheridan on Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:52 am

I just finished Vol. 2 and now I am anxiously awaiting the release of Vol. 3! Then I'll almost be caught up with the run!

Now, I haven't read alot of X-Men, but I have been picking up the trades all summer (with help from Zoners) I think this is the best X-Men I have read since Dark Phoenix. Whedon really shines through on every page, because it's funny and serious all at once. He manages to poke fun at the comic book genre while celebrating it--or at least that's how I read it.

One of my favorite little moments, for example, was when Kitty and Colossus were having those deep monologues while fighting that Godzilla thing in the first pages of Dangerous. There's always that element of melodrama in comics...someone thinking these complex things in the most improbable situations. It was funny enough with both of them ending "Wow, I should really concentrate." But then it went a step further and shows Wolverine who's monologue is simply "I really like beer!" Snap!
Like I said, he uses the style while gently mocking it.

And the art is excellent. It's refreshing to read a book where the art and the writing are equally good.

Is it just me, or is Whedon taking the piss out of Wolverine a bit? Don't get me wrong--I've enjoyed what he's done. But I get the impression that he loves him, but he's a bit burned out on him like most fans, so he's taking the chance to mess with him a little.

But then, Wolverine has a long history of being written as a bit of a fool, which I've never quite understood given that he's supposed to be the most vicious of all. I realize he's crude, but come on...walking through a metal detector in his boxers, cowboy boots and J.R. Ewing hat?

I'm rambling though...but thank you for the recommendation, everyone!
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Evil Hobbit on Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:44 am

What do you guys think of the running Brubaker Uncanny's. Just finished with issue 477 and it now starts to get a bit more interesting, though, it can't realy bother me as well. Bit mixed feelings about it. Maybe because I still hate it that Xavier can walk.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Lady Sheridan on Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:11 pm

Just finished Vols 1-6 of New X-Men...

I really enjoyed it except for one thing...the art. Some was good and some was absolutely terrible.

I do not believe whoever did "Assault on Weapon Plus" should ever be allowed to draw the X-Men again. Somehow the drama of Wolverine going feral is lost when he looks like a comical ape. :?

So...does Wolverine KNOW his deep dark past now or not?
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Doc Holliday on Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:20 pm

Ha! Lady S - you are turning into something of an X-junkie!!

You're taking me to school on my favourite title at this rate... :oops:
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:35 pm

Lady S - I think Whedon's just letting Wolverine rock the background for a bit. He's so overexposed in the Marvel-verse as it is that he frequently overshadows everyone else, and it's nice to see Kitty/Colossus/Beast get some serious visual time.

There's also the fact that Wolverine's probably pretty pissed off with how gorram strange the verse is. I mean he's practically done everything, except drink beer and tag along on missions without an agenda.

Plus if it means we don't have to see another shitty origin story which tries to explain how tragic his life is, I'm all for it.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Lady Sheridan on Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:42 pm

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I really like the way he's writing Wolverine. New X-Men carried the "poor Logan" thing a bit too far.

Plus I am getting sick of panels where he discovers his past...I can't keep it straight whether he knows he's James Howett, vicious destroyer of cities, or not.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Ribbons on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:54 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote:One of my favorite little moments, for example, was when Kitty and Colossus were having those deep monologues while fighting that Godzilla thing in the first pages of Dangerous. It was funny enough with both of them ending "Wow, I should really concentrate." But then it went a step further and shows Wolverine who's monologue is simply "I really like beer!" Snap!!

IPAMPILASH! I remember that now. Good times, good times...

I'd read somewhere, and I think I more or less agree, that Whedon made Wolverine cooler than he's been in a long time (in a team book) by simply making him into a supporting player again. If you notice, he has no more... uhh... panel(?)-time than anybody else on the team, and probably even less so. But everytime he shows up he says a great line, or has a great moment. I really dig that approach.

EDIT - Oh wow, I should really read the entire thread before I respond. :oops: Sounds like we've been 'round this block once before already.

As far as taking the piss out of Wolverine goes, Lady Sheridan, I agree with you. I think Whedon sorta is, and in a way I do think it's a response to burnout. I think (almost) all of the goofy things that he has Wolvie do or say make sense within the established context of the character, but just as he's trying to make him back into more of a team player by giving him a diminished role in the book, he's also trying to downplay the cult status of "badass" that he's achieved, and the most effective way to do that is to lightly skew and in the process parody the behavior that earned him that status in the first place. Although I'm sorta flying on the seat of my pants here, so what I just wrote may make no sense whatsoever.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:00 pm

HOLY SWEET FUCK!!

From this week's New Joe Fridays:

ASTONISHING X-MEN #19
Written by JOSS WHEDON
Pencils and Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
50/50 Variant cover by JOHN CASSADAY
"UNSTOPPABLE!" Part 1 (of 6)
Strap yourselves in, folks! It’s the beginning of Joss Whedon and John Cassaday’s final arc on Astonishing X-Men! After the shocking and brain-smashing events of last issue, the X-Men are off to protect the Earth from its destruction at the hands of the Breakworld. And when it’s all over, nothing will ever be the same! No really, we mean it! Whedon & Cassaday prove they are more than Astonishing: They are UNSTOPPABLE!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

CYCLOPS NO USEY THE VISOR NO MORE!!

Not only does this get me way the fuck excited for what's to come at the end at the "Torn," but all kinds of excited to see the X-folk go off into a fight against the Breakworld. Cannot wait to see who the "destroyer" is.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby DennisMM on Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:28 pm

I love the idea, but he's not Cyclops if he doesn't wear glasses or the visor.

Oh, and I only noticed today that Kitty's (oh, how I hate that name!) arm from bicep to glove is still in the wall. Utterly cool.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:29 pm

Oh. Snap.

That is all.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:30 pm

DennisMM wrote:Oh, and I only noticed today that Kitty's (oh, how I hate that name!) arm from bicep to glove is still in the wall. Utterly cool.

Yeah, it's great. If you check out the full image, she's actually phasing through the "Astonishing X-Men" lettering too.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby DennisMM on Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:33 pm

Is that #16's cover?

Was the giant announcement your Jon Stewart imitation?

My favorite part of the Logan-child in the current story is that he talks exactly like Little Nemo.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:37 pm

I believe it's #16, and #17 is the white cover with the scared, babyish Wolverine. Or maybe it's vice versa. Either way, both are great.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Lady Sheridan on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:34 pm

I can't wait to read Wolverine's humiliation.

I never want this series to end!
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Chilli on Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:11 pm

I do. Rather have 24 issues of brillance than for Whedon and co to outstay their welcome.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:59 pm

Oh. Snap.

Issue #16 was a blast. All of that Wolverine stuff cracked me up. And the two big reveals were cool also. Except I kind of figured out who the "mutant who would destroy Breakworld" was going to be. A very rare telegraph by Whedon. Still an awesome read. Can't wait to see where this goes.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:26 pm

Smeet mother of f-ing God...

What a friggin' fabulous issue, if for nothing else than seeing Kitty finally kick the tar out of Emma. AND DID SHE EVER!! That single frame of the fist coming out of the mirror and popping her in the nose made me giddy.

Loved Wolverine's stuff too. Hisako and Blindfold should get their own miniseries. And I love the way the Hellfire Club has that throwaway line about "That's why we brought someone who could go through it." Emma's been in with them since the start.

This is how fucking comics should be written, dammit.

Lecko, come with me into SPOILERS for a moment...

You thought the end reveal was telegraphed? Where? I was looking for signs throughout the issue and couldn't find any. Granted, I guess Colossus is the most fitting choice given his relationship with Ord, but I genuinely didn't expect it. I thought maybe it could be Hank, with his superintelligence.

Regardless, I love the idea that Ord came to Earth to stop the destruction of his world and, in turn, triggered the "destroyer's" hatred toward it. Should play out very nicely.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby The Vicar on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:35 pm

I'm going to have to check this out, all the praising I've heard here considered.

Can someone guide me to the starting point for this series?

Sounds outstanding.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:43 pm

The Vicar wrote:I'm going to have to check this out, all the praising I've heard here considered.

Sounds outstanding.

Astonishing X-Men #1 is the place to start. We're on #16 now.

It's been collected in trade so far as Vol. 1: Gifted (#1-6) and Vol. 2: Dangerous (#7-12). Vol. 3: Torn will be coming out once we get through #18, with Vol. 4: Unstoppable being the final arc. Whedon and Cassady are leaving after #24 (and one final annual).

It's quite easy to get into, but it does reference a few points of continuity. If you're not familiar with anything or need clarification, feel free to ask.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:47 pm

I'm so screwed, I have been loving Astonishing but have been so busy for the past few months I haven't made it to the comic shop. I've got some back issues I need to catch up on.

What's worse I'm behind on Civil War, which is going to be a bitch to catch up on.

Glad to hear Astonishing is still as great as ever, I'm going to try to get caught up this weekend.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby The Vicar on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:47 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
The Vicar wrote:I'm going to have to check this out, all the praising I've heard here considered.

Sounds outstanding.

Astonishing X-Men #1 is the place to start. We're on #16 now.

It's been collected in trade so far as Vol. 1: Gifted (#1-6) and Vol. 2: Dangerous (#7-12). Vol. 3: Torn will be coming out once we get through #18, with Vol. 4: Unstoppable being the final arc. Whedon and Cassady are leaving after #24 (and one final annual).

It's quite easy to get into, but it does reference a few points of continuity. If you're not familiar with anything or need clarification, feel free to ask.

I will be running these down after I leave work.
Thanks for the info.....I'm on the case.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby DennisMM on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:53 pm

Do you suppose the title of v.4 telegraphs the return of Cain Marko?
DennisMM

Postby tfactor on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:53 pm

xmen were always my favorites growing up, and I even got into a lot of the new mutant stuff back in the day, because you know - mutants rule. I'm very tempted to pick the astonishing series but like moo I'm still trying to get caught up on civil war, but I think I'm going to start gathering these.

moo where you at in civil war? actually you know what I'll bump that thread so this isn't a thread jack. But I'm very curious to hear where you are and what you think so far? as I'm like 1 or 2 comics away from civil war 3.

EDIT: oops didn't realize that thread was sticky :oops:
Last edited by tfactor on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:54 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:I'm so screwed, I have been loving Astonishing but have been so busy for the past few months I haven't made it to the comic shop. I've got some back issues I need to catch up on.

What's worse I'm behind on Civil War, which is going to be a bitch to catch up on.

Glad to hear Astonishing is still as great as ever, I'm going to try to get caught up this weekend.

Don't worry. The seven-month gap between issues means you've probably only missed two. I jest, but I friggin' wish this thing would be more regular.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby tfactor on Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:07 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:I'm so screwed, I have been loving Astonishing but have been so busy for the past few months I haven't made it to the comic shop. I've got some back issues I need to catch up on.

Don't worry. The seven-month gap between issues means you've probably only missed two. I jest, but I friggin' wish this thing would be more regular.

see its shit like that which makes me want to wait until its out completely, I'm finding myself milking these civil war comics, because I don't want this to be another damn Green Mile for me.

Plus I thought my comic book store guy had said something about this being eventually released in one solid book form, like a lot of other older series are doing these days, am I way off here? has anyone heard of this? I know I've seen Hellboy done this way and a couple others.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:13 pm

tfactor wrote:Plus I thought my comic book store guy had said something about this being eventually released in one solid book form, like a lot of other older series are doing these days, am I way off here? has anyone heard of this? I know I've seen Hellboy done this way and a couple others.

They did release a hardcover including #1-12, and I'm sure they'll do the same for #13-24.

Ultimate Spider-Man and Powers have recently done 50-issue hardcovers as well, so it is possible they could do it all together as one.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Ribbons on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:36 pm

I'm loving the cowardly Wolverine; he gives good funny. Almost every moment of his in the latest issue was priceless.

Query: who was Blindfold talking to when she and Hisako were in the infirmary? Also, have we already been told what's in that tomb thing that the Hellfire Club is trying to get into and I just missed it/forgot?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:37 pm

Ribbons wrote:Query: who was Blindfold talking to when she and Hisako were in the infirmary? Also, have we already been told what's in that tomb thing that the Hellfire Club is trying to get into and I just missed it/forgot?

Don't know and nope. They're both teases for the next issue, methinks.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:23 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Smeet mother of f-ing God...

What a friggin' fabulous issue, if for nothing else than seeing Kitty finally kick the tar out of Emma. AND DID SHE EVER!! That single frame of the fist coming out of the mirror and popping her in the nose made me giddy.

Loved Wolverine's stuff too. Hisako and Blindfold should get their own miniseries. And I love the way the Hellfire Club has that throwaway line about "That's why we brought someone who could go through it." Emma's been in with them since the start.

This is how fucking comics should be written, dammit.

Lecko, come with me into SPOILERS for a moment...

You thought the end reveal was telegraphed? Where? I was looking for signs throughout the issue and couldn't find any. Granted, I guess Colossus is the most fitting choice given his relationship with Ord, but I genuinely didn't expect it. I thought maybe it could be Hank, with his superintelligence.

Regardless, I love the idea that Ord came to Earth to stop the destruction of his world and, in turn, triggered the "destroyer's" hatred toward it. Should play out very nicely.

MW...enter the realm of SPOILERS!

I just meant that it was telegraphed in the sense that...Whedon clearly brought Colossus back from the dead for a reason. As soon as all this jazz about "a mutant to destroy breakworld" started being mentioned...I thought to myself "I hope Whedon didn't bring Colossus back to life just for that purpose". Maybe it was just me...but it just seemed like the obvious choice...something Whedon tends to turn on its head. Most Whedon stories its NEVER the obvious choice...or he makes you think its the obvious choice and then BAM! you were wong. I didn't mean that the issue itself gave it away...but you knew the person who was supposed to destroy breakworld has to be someone who MEANT something to another person...and the way Whedeon has been building up this Kitty/Colossus relationship...the two obvious choices were one of those two.

All things considered...this is still another issue that kicked all sorts of ass. I am seriously going to miss Whedon's X-Men when he is gone. Not to mention Cassaday's art. Gosh can that man draw the X-Men. I have started to associate what the X-Men look like in my mind...to their Astonishing counterparts. He will be missed as well.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:32 pm

I see... I like how it works, but I get what you're saying.

And I too am dreading them leaving. I think perhaps Brian Vaughn would be the only suitable replacement.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:03 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:I see... I like how it works, but I get what you're saying.

And I too am dreading them leaving. I think perhaps Brian Vaughn would be the only suitable replacement.

I really hope they continue the Astonishing imprint...and I wouldn't mind Vaughan at all as a replacement. I am just wondering who they will get to replace Cassaday. Like I said...I have been LOVING his artwork. As much as I adore Whedon...Cassaday is what makes this series for me. It really is the perfect match of writer and artist.

Marvel is going to have to search long and hard to replace these two.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:06 pm

The time between issues of Astonishing really makes it hard for me to maintain enthusiasm for the title. By the time the next issue rolls around I've completely forgotten about what's happened before. Maybe I should just wait for the TPBs. The stories will be easier to digest that way.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Ribbons on Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:08 pm

RogueScribner wrote:The time between issues of Astonishing really makes it hard for me to maintain enthusiasm for the title. By the time the next issue rolls around I've completely forgotten about what's happened before. Maybe I should just wait for the TPBs. The stories will be easier to digest that way.

Not a bad suggestion. It's probably better to be able to read them at your own pace. Although I'm too much of a junkie to hold out for the TPBs.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:12 pm

RogueScribner wrote:The time between issues of Astonishing really makes it hard for me to maintain enthusiasm for the title. By the time the next issue rolls around I've completely forgotten about what's happened before. Maybe I should just wait for the TPBs. The stories will be easier to digest that way.

Yeah I totally get that. Its the same for the Ultimates v2. I love the Ultimates. It is just so hard to get invested when there is such a gap between issues. Usually, I will read the previous issue twice before i even think about reading the new issue. It helps...but not much.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:20 pm

I read 1-12 by buying the Hardback and having been away from all things X for a good few years it was the perfect way to come back. Now though I think I will wait for 13-24 to be issued in the same before I buy - the infrequency thing would drive me mad.
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lady Sheridan on Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:37 pm

According to Amazon, Vol 3 is due out in August. I have it pre-ordered, but August is nearly over...so maybe I'm looking at September...

I'm DYING to get caught up and steering so clear of spoilers. I want to see cowardly Wolverine!! (Which a friend ruined for me...thanks, Paul.)
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:59 am

I am sure someone else noticed this...in fact it might have already been mentioned here before...but I was just watching BtVS season 4 and noticed the similarities between the episode "Fear Itself" and Astonishing X-Men's "Danger" arc.

SPOILERS!

The guy who falls down the stairs...breaks his neck...and then comes back to life in Buffy is EXACTLY like the depowered mutant who comes to life in the danger room after he kills himself. It is a small part of both stories...and "Fear Itself" wasn't even written by Joss...but the similarities are still there. I just found it interesting.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:36 am

Leckomaniac wrote:

Yeah I totally get that. Its the same for the Ultimates v2. I love the Ultimates. It is just so hard to get invested when there is such a gap between issues. Usually, I will read the previous issue twice before i even think about reading the new issue. It helps...but not much.

What's hilarious is that since #13 they are keeping pretty well to their bi-monthly schedule, which is very different from going four months (or six as in the case of Civil War-- or 13 between Camelot 3000 #11 and #12). Readers who came to comics since specialty stores opened are used to this monthly on-time shipping, even to the week!

In 1976, Uncanny was bimonthly because Marvel didn't anticipate the sales needed to justify a monthly. Cockrum and Claremont could have done it every four weeks! In the '70s Marvel had so many fill-in issues that they created a stock phrase to explain them! Ever heard of the "dreaded deadline doom"? Drugstores and supermarkets wouldn't even get some titles some months!

Just lording it over you dagnabbed kids. You don't know pain.
DennisMM

Postby Chilli on Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:19 am

DUDES. Volume 3 is nearly out?

Bitchin. This entire comic run by Whedon/Cassady is the closest thing to a Whedon TV show since Firefly, and is an absolutely breathtakingly brilliant serialistic comic.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby DennisMM on Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:25 am

Chilli wrote:DUDES. Volume 3 is nearly out?

Bitchin. This entire comic run by Whedon/Cassady is the closest thing to a Whedon TV show since Firefly, and is an absolutely breathtakingly brilliant serialistic comic.

Volume 3 won't be out for some time. The original release date was based on an expected montly publishing schedule for the book when it returned from hiatus. With the switch to bimonthly starting with #13 and the scheduling problems during this story, #18 won't be out until Christmas at the earliest. So the TP probably will ship in late winter or early spring if Marvel follows its normal timetable for such things.

I think I know what's in the chamber the Hellfire Club can't open. Switching to SPOILER tinytext.

It's Cassandra Nova's body. Reasons for this theory:

1. As best I can determine, Nova has not appeared since "E is for Extinction" in New X-Men, except for her presence in the alternate-future continuity of "Here Comes Tomorrow," Grant Morrison's last story.

2. At the end of "E is for Extinction," Nova's intellect was reduced to that of a young child. She was seen in a "classroom," being taught by Xavier. This classroom was clearly a mental construct. Her body had to be kept somewhere, obviously in a secure location.

3. The entire point of Nova's mission against the team is to open that damned chamber, which she has referred to as the "manger," implying a being of great power is within.

4. I cannot remember seeing Nova touch/hold any person or object during the current story.

Whaddaya think?
DennisMM

Postby Ribbons on Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:30 am

DennisMM wrote:Whaddaya think?

SUPER-SPOILERS!!!

[size=0]But she did incapacitate Wolverine and Beast, right? So how did she do that? And also, if her intellect is back and she's capable of using her powers with or without corporeal form, why does the Hellfire Club need it that badly?[/size]
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Lady Sheridan on Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:40 am

Damn, I'm going to have to hit Ebay and get caught up then. Oh, Amazon.com, why did you lie to me?!

Now I'm thinking on all those copies I left in San Diego...bah!!
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:37 pm

ETA: He's so good here I can almost forgive him for not getting a Planetary out for months now...

ACCIDENTALLY EDITED BY DENNIS. CAN'T FIX. SORRY, KCBC.
Last edited by Keepcoolbutcare on Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:41 pm

Ribbons wrote:
DennisMM wrote:Whaddaya think?

SUPER-SPOILERS!!!

[size=0]But she did incapacitate Wolverine and Beast, right? So how did she do that? And also, if her intellect is back and she's capable of using her powers with or without corporeal form, why does the Hellfire Club need it that badly?[/size]

she wants some lovin', dammit!
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lady Sheridan on Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:39 pm

Hooray! Vol 13-16 are currently winging their way to my house right now. Soon, the Invisi-text will stop tormenting me. I shall know all!

And I'll finally learn why the fuck Wolverine is kissing Emma Frost on the cover of #14(?)! I imagine, like most covers, it has nothing to do with the plot...but there better be a damn good explanation. ;)

Thank goodness for Ebay.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby DennisMM on Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:01 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote:Hooray! Vol 13-16 are currently winging their way to my house right now. Soon, the Invisi-text will stop tormenting me. I shall know all!

And I'll finally learn why the fuck Wolverine is kissing Emma Frost on the cover of #14(?)! I imagine, like most covers, it has nothing to do with the plot...but there better be a damn good explanation. ;)

Thank goodness for Ebay.

It has everything to do with the plot.

Just a tiny bit of dialogue: "You sick bitch."

When you catch up, let me know what you think of my theory.
DennisMM

Postby DennisMM on Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:06 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:ETA: He's so good here I can almost forgive him for not getting a Planetary out for months now...

Don't blame him, blame Ellis. Cassaday took on Astonishing because he had to eat. That year-plus hiatus (nearly two?) on Planetary, plus the long periods of slow-motion writing by Ellis beforehand cost him some dough. That's why he did Captain America, I believe.
DennisMM

Postby Lady Sheridan on Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:52 pm

YES!! Astonishing arrived today. I will finally be all caught up!

Perfect night to read them too!
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby DennisMM on Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:02 pm

Yeah, it's crappy, ennit? Sunny and 75 at 2 p.m., overcast, windy and 55 three hours later. I don't mind colder weather, but I was in shorts and sandals at work today. A bit of a shock when the door closed behind me.

Enjoy the comics. I think you'll like the line, "You sick bitch," in context.
DennisMM

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Books