The Official X-Thread (Now w/ Messiah Complex!)

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Postby Bob Samonkey on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:23 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote:You guuuuuuuuyyyyssss!!! :x

Whatever. Wolverine has a healing factor so he can go all night long.

:shock: What exactly goes on in your bed that he would need a healing factor?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby r8hitman on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:37 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:
r8hitman wrote:I havent read comics in years, but I keep seeing Thunderbird around.

Now I remember that his younger brother took that name for a while, but I just wanted to know if they ever decided to go back and tell any stories about the "training days" of the New X-Men (Thunderbird, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Banshee etc)?

As I remember it Thunnderbird was dead like that *clicks fingers* so wouldn't figure even in a retrospective.

I don't know about the rest of the New X-Men...but today I see they are releasing something approaching "The Forgotten Files" of the original 5, set way back when they first started out - anyone got the lowdown on whether this is just a cash-raker or a worthy title?

See I asked because, in the issue right before Thunderbird's death, they talked about how Cyclops took this raw team that was full of individuals and shaped them into a cohesive unit, but this process was supposed to have taken a few months.

So if it took a few months, then I would think that they would have "at least" a good 2 or 3 hundred issues that they could release focusing on that time period (as long as it was written properly).

And lets not forget that when Wolverine first encountered Thunderbird's younger brother, he was talking about how good a fighter Thunderbird used to be.....

And since we only see Thunderbird for a few issues, there must be a great deal of training that we missed out on.

I think Classic touched on this subject a few times......I remember Colossus asking Thunderbird why he spent so much time training, and Thunderbird responded by saying that he was going to become "better" than Wolverine. And I also remember another Classic issue where Thunderbird's crazy ass jumped off of a cliff and Storm had to save him. His response was "Wolverine made the jump" and Storm said "but his bones cannot be broken" and Thunderbird said the "anything he can do" line.

The training days of the New X-Men seems like it would be an amazing storyline.

Especially since the main drama of the story would be centered around Wolverine and Thunderbird. 8)
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby DennisMM on Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:27 pm

But what about the woman? Phoenix can keep her area ... appropriately receptive? ... but everyone else has a breaking point. As a woman friend once told me, "It gets sensitive down there after a while!"

And let's call a stop to the subject. Resolved: Kitty's got talent.
Last edited by DennisMM on Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby DennisMM on Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:29 pm

r8t, I think to follow the themes set up in the early days of the book, the conflict would involve Cyclops and Wolverine. Thunderbird may have been resentful of Wolvie, but that was nothing compared to Wolvie's loathing of Scott.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:35 am

DennisMM wrote:If Whedon could have Kitty phase through the floor when she came you can make a joke about her keeping her panties on. Can she phase just her clothes so you can fuck her through her clothes? That would be truly weird.

And you know what - that was one LOL moment...but in practical terms..thanks for nothing missy! Poor Piotr...right at the critical moment he finds he's fucknig a mattress....he was quite sanguine in his reaction, al things considered.

Either way, I think he had a compelling case for making her sleep in the wet patch that night.

[/cry for help]
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:43 am

He has reserves?

[/American Pie]
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby r8hitman on Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:50 am

DennisMM wrote:r8t, I think to follow the themes set up in the early days of the book, the conflict would involve Cyclops and Wolverine. Thunderbird may have been resentful of Wolvie, but that was nothing compared to Wolvie's loathing of Scott.

Damn you're right.

I dont know how the hell I forgot to mention that.

Well Cyclops and Wolverine probably would be the center of the conflict, with Thunderbird trying to "outdo" him as the badboy of the group.

Still, I think it would be a great story to tell.
r8hitman
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby The Garbage Man on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:39 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:
DennisMM wrote:If Whedon could have Kitty phase through the floor when she came you can make a joke about her keeping her panties on. Can she phase just her clothes so you can fuck her through her clothes? That would be truly weird.

And you know what - that was one LOL moment...but in practical terms..thanks for nothing missy! Poor Piotr...right at the critical moment he finds he's fucknig a mattress....he was quite sanguine in his reaction, al things considered.

Either way, I think he had a compelling case for making her sleep in the wet patch that night.

[/cry for help]

The tuberculosis-riddled gunman makes a very good point. Poor Peter!

No wonder he's gone Dumbledore in Ultimate X-Men!
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:51 am

Can someone tell me who would actually win out of a fight between Wolverine and Juggernaut?"
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby DennisMM on Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:36 pm

Original powers, Juggernaut. He's not only unstoppable, he's invulnerable to all physical attack. With the depowering it's a matter of tactics. If Wolverine gets inside Juggernaut's reach, Wolverine wins. All he has to do is shove his claws through the eye slots in Marko's helmet. He gets inside the reach by cutting off Marko's arms, again with the claws.
DennisMM

Postby cinephile2000 on Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:29 am

Yeah I would say the eyesockets are his weakpoint in that match. His armor though is totally invulnerable thanks to his god that gave him the powers.
Just remember, your special like everyone else.
cinephile2000
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Silent Shout on Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:08 pm

Well, I got done reading the TPB Volume 1 and 2 of the Astonishing X-Men last night. This was actually my first time through any X-Men comics, a friend (SECRETS!) recommended them to me. I have to admit that half way into volume 1, I almost thought I wasn't going to like the series. It really ended up taking off though, and volume 2 is almost entirely action (ended up being an insanely fast read). It was interesting to see the parallels that X3 based itself on from the first volume, and I've liked seeing the Fantastic 4 and SHIELD cameos. Overall, this was a good introduction to the X-Men for me, as I found this run of Astonishing to be interesting in terms of depth (that I wasn't expecting) and art. Looking forward to volume 3 getting released.
I just want your music tonight
Silent Shout
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Chilli on Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:03 pm

Endsong - 3.75/5
Would be brilliant, but as I can't fit it into any reasonable sort of X-Men continuity, it doesn't really resonate as it should.

Wolverine: Enemy of The State - 5/5
The book had me at Wolverine vs. Daredevil. Great stuff.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:20 pm

Bitchin' interview with Joss Whedon up HERE where he comments on where Astonishing X-Men is and where it's going. Featuring the AMAZING new team shot below:

MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Lady Sheridan on Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:43 pm

Cool interview, Whedo. It didn't give anything away and yet, said volumes. :)

That blows my theory on Lockheed!

Astonishing is out this week, right?
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:49 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote:Astonishing is out this week, right?

Next week... :(

I haven't been to my comic shop in a while. I'm gonna have to load up!
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

The Official X-Thread (Astonishing, Uncanny, X-Factor, etc.)

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:55 pm

IT'll be a sad sad day when astonishing ends.

Its the reason i went from picking up 2 books after 7 years of not reading, to having 4 huge boxes full of stuff now.

BTW, like MW, I have about $200 bucks worth of books backpiled at my store too. DAMN UNEMPLOYMENT DEBTS!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby DennisMM on Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:36 pm

Wizard wrote:Why don’t we ever see Astonishing crossing over with things like Civil War or other major Marvel events? Do you not play well with others?

WHEDON: I wish that I could [work in crossovers] sometimes because that's sort of fun, but I hate books that necessitate the reading of other books.

I love this man. When Peter David tried the same thing 15 years ago on X-Factor they wouldn't let him and he had to walk away.
DennisMM

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:07 pm

SPOILERS FOR ASTONISHING X-MEN #18

FWIP!

Talk about a cliffanger from the king of cliffhangers...

I was wondering how in the hell he was going to resolve all those threads as the pages kept turning and turning, and the threads CONTINUED to complicate themselves. Simple answer: he's not. Not yet anyway.

This feels like it's going to get big--HUGE in fact. It's going to be the climax of a full two years of work, and it's shaping up to happen very nicely. And with the promise of an X-Man's death--what's with this guy and killing people I love?!--the stakes have just been raised.

Call me crazy, but I fear for Kitty.

How 'bout that one panel where Scott is absently shooting Shaw as she smiles to Pete and says, "Hey, Pete. You would not believe the day I'm having." Just absolutely perfect stuff.

I did have to read the issue twice to fully get it all. There's a lot of confusing stuff throughout, and I think I wasn't focused enough the first time through. But it's all very intricately planned.

A really nice end to the arc. Can't wait to see the next one!
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:25 pm

Best issue of the arc. Everything was fucking brilliant!

BRILLIANT!

Hanks sensory kicker, Wolvie getting his mind back with a beer, Scott! SCOTT!!!!!!

I never, ever thought any one could get me to like Cyke like i do now. But Whedon has made him the fucking man!

I also love the one up game that was being played between the xmen and Ord and Danger.

As i've stated, it'll be a sad day when this book ends.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Lady Sheridan on Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:35 pm

I sped through this last night and then read it again this morning. Great issue--I was like Whedo, "How is this going to wrap up in the next few pages?" and wham, it didn't. The wait is going to be a killer.

I'm worried for Kitty also, although I do wonder if it could be Emma since Greg Pak is hinting Jean Gray is going to resurrect before too much longer.

The ball of string was a brilliant little trick. I thought it would be the Cure in that box but nope! Trust Beast to always have a back-up plan.

My favorite line: "At least you didn't turn into Percy Dovetonsils."
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:50 pm

Dont know about emma biting it. I have a bad feeling that they'll ax colosses again. Whedon likes doing that, pulling that kind of crap (investing in a charecter, then BAM! dead. Look at Doyle and Fred!!!!)

If they are bringing Jean back, AGAIN! i'd like to think we'd get to see a telepathic bitch fight of epic proportions over who's claming scott as their man!

THAT i'd buy!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Lady Sheridan on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:26 pm

They already had their bitchfight in New X-Men though and in Endsong, Jean Gray really gave up her claim on Scott.

I could see them killing off Emma, enter Jean who decides to get back together with a shattered and single Scott...leaving poor Wolverine out in the cold and recreating the old love triangle.

But I still hope they'll keep Emma around so resurrected Jean and Wolverine can finally get it on.

I had the same thought as you did about Colossus--and what else does Whedon love to do but hook two characters up only to rip them apart?
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:34 pm

Lady Sheridan wrote:They already had their bitchfight in New X-Men though and in Endsong, Jean Gray really gave up her claim on Scott.

I could see them killing off Emma, enter Jean who decides to get back together with a shattered and single Scott...leaving poor Wolverine out in the cold and recreating the old love triangle.

But I still hope they'll keep Emma around so resurrected Jean and Wolverine can finally get it on.

I had the same thought as you did about Colossus--and what else does Whedon love to do but hook two characters up only to rip them apart?

This i did not know! Now im going to have to pick up the trades to see this.

But Jean and Wolive finally hooking up. The guy who could screw just about any woman he wanted but this one finally getting that one women you could finally keep! It would also bring out a more wilder side in jean, a more vicious sex kitten for wolvie.

then, for once, wolvie could finally be truly happy!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby DennisMM on Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:48 am

MasterWhedon wrote:SPOILERS FOR ASTONISHING X-MEN #18
I did have to read the issue twice to fully get it all. There's a lot of confusing stuff throughout, and I think I wasn't focused enough the first time through. But it's all very intricately planned.

A really nice end to the arc. Can't wait to see the next one!

Agreed! The facts are laid out fast and without much explanation. None of them was real. Hmm. I would have sworn we, the readers, saw them together at least once. Have to go back and read the arc again. I seem to be in the minority about beer bringing Logan back to his senses, but I always thought Whedon's sense of humor was blunt. The ball of yarn was a bit more clever and ties into "E is for Extinction." And what's next? Could Scott not be returning?
DennisMM

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:53 am

the ball 'o string was a neat gimmick, but the panel of Beast with his back to the viewer whilst he's clearly cleaning his nethers was priceless. Would've loved to have seen it all full-frontal, but that might have been a tad risque. But my favorite bit was Hank's apology to Wolverine...

Percy Dovetonsils: "Quit whining kid. I got eaten today.
Hank: "Yes, about that...
Percy: Forget it.
Hank: I can't begin to apologize.
Percy: Pfft! That's what friends are for."
Hank: I'm fairly certain it's not."

Dennis, no doubt WE, the readers, did espy them all together, but I think that scene only involved a P.o.V shot from Emma's tangled perspective, so it gets a pass.

I dunno, it all kinda made sense to me. Not what I was expecting and it felt like they went all Prestige on us, but it worked out ok enough...

Couple questions...did Lockheed make the trip? What mind was Cassandra referring to, Hisako? The whole Colossus destroying the Breakworld makes sense if that fratricided, gooey abortion of psychic malevolence takes over his mind. And hey, maybe Danger could find some peace here on a new world. She did, sorta, flash some empathy at Hisako. That would be a nice wrap-up, Danger saving the X-Men...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:03 am

I pat myself on the bat for being baffled by the 'confusion' that people experienced... then again, my mind is warped through excessive amounts of potent alcoholic shots, so I'm just crazy enough to work out the logistics of Whedon.

Great issue. Great series. Please God do NOT let them carry Astonishing X-Men on without Whedon.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby The Garbage Man on Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:48 pm

Chilli wrote:I pat myself on the bat for being baffled by the 'confusion' that people experienced... then again, my mind is warped through excessive amounts of potent alcoholic shots, so I'm just crazy enough to work out the logistics of Whedon.

So... did your bat enjoy it?

Remember: drunken petting is perfectly alright so long as both parties give consent.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:59 am

The Bat used the law against me. We can't interact till the case is over, and even then it's probably with someone else present to make sure things don't get out of hand.

AXM rocks.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby torpor_haze on Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:27 pm

Marvel AXM: Unstoppable trailer

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=95779

biggest news: apparently there is going to be issue #25
torpor_haze
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Nordling on Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:51 pm

I'm waiting for Marvel to create the comic we all know they must create...

The X-Istentials.

First issue Title... "Hell Is Other Mutants"
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:49 pm

Lucifer's beard Whedon, some of us studly fucks have enough heart problems as is, I don't need additional palpitations whilst on the shitter you bastard.

I know #19 was mostly a catch up new readers with the new storyline issue, but damn if that conclusion didn't leave me gasping.

"What's plan C?" and Peter's j/k displayed, as usual with Whedo, impeccable comic timing.

maybe it's just her green hair coupled with the no-nonsense gruff tone, but I'm digging Agent Brand...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:46 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:maybe it's just her green hair coupled with the no-nonsense gruff tone, but I'm digging Agent Brand...

Now if only Vynson had green hair...
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:34 pm

AXM #19 just gave me a boner. Holy shit, was that a good read.

Really loved all the Breakworld stuff, especially the introduction of the new uberbaddie. Looks to be a HUGE ending to the Whedon/Cassady run. Can't wait for more.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Lady Sheridan on Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:16 pm

I finally got my hands on a copy.

I was expecting a breather, everyone told me "it wasn't that great--it's like the first 20 minutes of a movie, just set up." But even when I expect a filler issue, Astonishing has yet to show me one--the whole intro on the Breakworld was just fantastic. I feel as bad for them as I do for the X-Men, and I have been expecting them to be the complete villains of the piece.

I'm with KC about the heart-clutching. This series should come with some kind of warning like roller coasters have. You always hit the last page and...OH NO!!

The only thing I disliked was Kitty...I get the emotional trauma of her mind-trip, but I say boo to taking it out on Colossus. When any minute might be your last (especially with Whedon writing) you need to quit moping and make with the sweet love. That's my lesson to all of the X-Men (coughJeanandWolverinecough).
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:31 pm

YAY, TIME FOR BREAKWORLD! I've been reading this in secret since MW raved about it way back when. I have yet to read the last two issues, time to catch up. I've never been a X-Men reader...not sure why, but Whedon could write a menu and I'd read it.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:11 pm

anyone else think the sentient sentinel that leveled Genosha and is now traveling throughout the universe trying to come to grips with murdering 16 million may show up at some point in the near future?
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lady Sheridan on Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:51 pm

So, Astonishing #20...bit lackluster, wasn't it? After the gasp-clutch of the last panel in 19, I expected a bit more of a close call.

And Lockheed--a do gooder after all?

Loved the exchange between Hisako and Wolverine at the end, that was the only sparkly bit of writing for me. Kitty and Colossus got on my nerves, cut the emo stuff already you two! There's doom written all over them.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:07 pm

i loved the contrast from Colossus asking how the others are doing during the panicked descent to Hank, Brand, Scott and Emma chilling out Victorian style, courtesy of one Ms. Frost's psychic manipulations.

Nice shot of the entirety of Kitty's asscrack...Cassady does naughty with a touch of class.

There's a panel of that alien mindreader who always gets ragged on by Brand that particularly stood out for me, and even if the resolution was a tad off-putting, I still adore Cassady and love trying to figure out just how Whedon is going to wrap this up...
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Garbage Man on Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:29 pm

Issue 21 doesn't come out until May. :(
Dammit, whatever happened to chaining writers and artists to their desks?
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Evil Hobbit on Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:02 am

Blegh, as much as I love Brubaker I just can't get into the Rise and Fall of the Shi'ari Empire. And I still hate Xavier without powers. Will not buy this run anymore.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:26 pm

Evil Hobbit wrote:Blegh, as much as I love Brubaker I just can't get into the Rise and Fall of the Shi'ari Empire. And I still hate Xavier without powers. Will not buy this run anymore.

Yeah, his work on Deadly Genesis and Uncanny was my first exposure to Brubaker and I fail to see what the hype is all about. Maybe I need to pick up Daredevil or something "grittier," but this dude doesn't have a fuckin' clue how to write the X-Men. His books have been absolutely lifeless, with stilted, boring art and a storyline that meanders from A to Q to F to W on its way back to B.

I bought nine of the twelve issues, hoping each would get better, and if never did. I won't be buying the last three, even to see how the story ends.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:26 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Evil Hobbit wrote:Blegh, as much as I love Brubaker I just can't get into the Rise and Fall of the Shi'ari Empire. And I still hate Xavier without powers. Will not buy this run anymore.

Yeah, his work on Deadly Genesis and Uncanny was my first exposure to Brubaker and I fail to see what the hype is all about. Maybe I need to pick up Daredevil or something "grittier," but this dude doesn't have a fuckin' clue how to write the X-Men. His books have been absolutely lifeless, with stilted, boring art and a storyline that meanders from A to Q to F to W on its way back to B.

I bought nine of the twelve issues, hoping each would get better, and if never did. I won't be buying the last three, even to see how the story ends.

The Brubaker writing Captain America and Daredevil is outstanding...whoever this "Brubaker" guy is writing Uncanny X-Men is a hack. I keep forgetting they are the same guy. Its amazing.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:30 pm

Well part of it is that the Shi-ar Empire is boring. ZZZZZZZZZZ. And what's up with that Anime Hair Dude. Maybe I just don't know enough backstory to fully appreciate the event.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Evil Hobbit on Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:33 pm

I realy like Brukbakers Gotham Central. Captain America was great to, but this Shi'ar stuff... God it's boring. And indeed, lifeless.

The cast for example. One big meh of uninteresting people. They are presented as the new team, for the new generation but they just feel like rehashed and forced soap characters. Like Warpath. I hate that guy. Like the writers decided; well we can't have Wolverine in again but we need someone with that attitute to spice the team up. Hmm, what can we do, what can we put in. It must be a character that every other member of the team doesn't like, he must earn there respect over time. Hey! We got Warpath still doing nothing! He looks a bit like him, has a little of that cynical arrogance and a peace of a semi-badguy, ye that's right, he could be the new Wolverine character! Lets do it, bring on the Warpath.

And that's the deal with most of the issues to me. It just feels like bits of brainstorm sessions sticked together without thinking the story and character relations trough. Such a shame.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:32 pm

So Warren Ellis is taking over Astonishing with Simon Biancan't-Drawn-Anatomy on the art. Boo.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DennisMM on Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:38 pm

Who's the artist?
DennisMM

Postby The Garbage Man on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:08 pm

Simone Bianchi. Burl was being caustically clever, as usual.

According to CBR, Ellis is signed for 24 issues and Bianchi is on for "as long as possible."
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby doglips on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:03 pm

Ellis on AXM? I wouldn't have guessed that one. Ellis has a lot on his plate at the moment, I hope this isn't one too many. If he gives it his full attention it could be pretty good.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby DennisMM on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:22 pm

Thanks, TGM. I just couldn't work it out. I don't know anything about him, as I don't do much looking at titles I don't buy. It's too frustrating. Ellis on another book. That makes Desolation Jones, Thunderbolts, Doktor Sleepless (all supposedly ongoing if memory serves); newuniversal (which apparently is dropping back to publishing in arcs, with breaks between unless I've mixed it up again); and Black Summer (six issues remain, I think). Plus all his online shit.

He keeps going through these periods where he's committed to everything in sight but complaining horribly online about how exhausted he is. Maybe it's tied to his illnesses, maybe he's got a lot of debt, but I really wish he'd work two or three projects at a time, consistently, instead of these mad slices through the world of comics separated by months or years of almost nothing.
DennisMM

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Books