i heart Bryan K. Vaughan

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Postby doglips on Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:06 am

BKV in the UK! Well, I'm definitely going now.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby silentbobafett on Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:30 am

When is the date for this event, I can't seem to find it! :-)

Any like this in London or the South East? :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby silentbobafett on Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:34 am

FOUND DATES!

Sorry I thought the link page was the home page! :-)

silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby silentbobafett on Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:45 am

Just read first book of Ex Machina - VAUGHN IS A FUCKING GOD!

Has he had any of his Lost shows on TV yet?

:-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:19 pm

silentbobafett wrote:Just read first book of Ex Machina - VAUGHN IS A FUCKING GOD!

Has he had any of his Lost shows on TV yet?

for the last 3,4 eps. he's been listed as "Executive Story Editor", second name that comes up during the end credits.

It's 'prolly just a coincidence, as I don't know how much influence he's had in the shows direction, but I've really liked all of the episodes that have aired ever since he joined.

During Wondercon he stated that he gets a co-writing credit on a forthcoming episode, but he didn't say which one...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:07 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:During Wondercon he stated that he gets a co-writing credit on a forthcoming episode, but he didn't say which one...

That'd be next week's eppy, "Catch-22"

[quote="ABC.com done"]CHARLIE QUESTIONS WHETHER DESMOND HAS HAD ANOTHER “FLASHâ€
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:35 pm

Ribbons wrote:Did he say how much of the episode he wrote?

natch, it was a comic panel, and while I was desperately curious to ask him about Lost, it didn't seem like the appropriate time and place.

all he said was he co-wrote it, and something along the lines of the whole experience of writing for Lost has been enjoyable for him.

'course, there hasn't been an new Ex Machina in a while, so I'm of at least two minds about his foray into tv and film writing.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:22 am

Whens the next Y: THe Last man TPB coming out! Shiiiit I got the last one in Jan!!! I NEED MROE DAMMIT! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby doglips on Thu May 17, 2007 7:32 pm

I love Ex-Machina even more now, Mr Vaughan.

What an awesome issue.

Spoilers!

So many questions are put up, It's getting to the point I'm going to have to re-read the whole series to date, just to refresh my memory of all the character relationships.

Is Hundred about to get swept up in inter-dimensional politics? Does Zeller want Mitchell to use his powers for American gain back in his own dimension? Maybe it will be Mitch's political clout that will actually prove more worth. Or is Zeller there to stop Mitch from doing something the Russians want him to unwittingly carry out? After all Zeller tells Mitch that the villains changed him, is he some sort of dimensional experiment? The fact Zeller mentions the cold war still raging on leads me to believe he got his suit and powers covertly from the Russians......

Zeller also mentions the Russians being godless, could he want Mitch to be some sort of technological saviour/messiah, to give the Americans hope in the fight against the technologically supreme Russians?

It would be a nice parallel to Hundred saving the city of New York in his own reality to saving the country of America in Zeller's reality.

The scenes with Bradbury on the boat are a real revelation, very intimate between the two of them - is Hundred Bi? I can't think of anything else he would have kept from his Mother and Kremlin. If that was to be his political undoing in our reality ( a possibility ) maybe his career could continue in another?

Sterling work all round from BKV, Harris, Clark and Mettler, this book really is something special.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu May 17, 2007 7:41 pm

Its really hard to believe that Y: The Last Man is coming to an end. There are only four more issues left I believe. Its too bad that the series has moved to a bi-monthly schedule and just about killed any momentum the series had.

Also, BKV said that after Y is over he is going to take a year long break before starting anything new and then probably begin work on an OGN. There have also been brief mentions of a possible new on-going series he may pitch to Vertigo.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri May 25, 2007 4:41 am

probably begin work on an OGN. There have also been brief mentions of a possible new on-going series he may pitch to Vertigo.

Oh! I've c....c...c....c....... gotta go.......
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Evil Hobbit on Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:58 pm

Now I am reading both Ex-M and Y-TLM by downloading new issues each month or so. Yes I know evil. But I always wait for the trades to come out and collect those instead. But lack of money made me wait with buying EX and Y and now I have to decide which one to collect first.

So standing in the comic store I just couldn't decide which series to collect first. EXM or YTLM?? YTLM is nearly finished so we might see Oversized Hardcover soon!!??!! But anway, what would you do first, collect EXM or YTLM? Yesterday I couldn't decide and ended up buying the contract with god trilogy, :P
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Chilli on Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:18 am

I was at The Bristol Comic Expo promoting a comic-book. Saw BKV was there. I'd never read an issue of his comic, so I bought Deus Ex Machina Vol 1 and waited to read it before I bugged him. Didn't get a chance to talk to him, but that graphic novel was absolute class. Brilliant work all round.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:25 am

D'oh! You shouldn't have gotten him to sign it, THEN read it! For future reference, if he askes you questions about his work, just go "so hard to choose; it's all so good, really." That seems to work out pretty well in the movies.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Chilli on Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:28 am

He didn't sign it, because I wanted to read it first. I hate people who buy things just to sign, it always shows that they just want to jump into a fad and/or make a profit. None of the Graphic Novels I buy are designed to be later sold.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:50 am

Chilli wrote:He didn't sign it, because I wanted to read it first. I hate people who buy things just to sign, it always shows that they just want to jump into a fad and/or make a profit. None of the Graphic Novels I buy are designed to be later sold.

Hehe... yeah... me too...

No, I know what you mean. If I got Vaughan to sign something for me it would probably just be for the novelty of it, but I would feel a little bit uncomfortable about buying something with no personal value just to have it autographed.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Chilli on Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:14 am

My TPs are in tatters. Deus Ex Machina is lying on the floor and Astonishing X-Men has seven creases on the cover alone. I'm too lazy and cheap to bag and board.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby caseymckinnon on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:48 pm

I <3 Brian K. Vaughn too! Shame I'll have to kill you all to claim him for myself! MWOAHAHHA!
Casey McKinnon
A Comicbook Orange
http://acomicbookorange.com
caseymckinnon
GLIB

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:47 am

Heheheh, I don't know if you'll be back Casey, but consider this a "hello" from a fellow (ex-pat) Montrealer!

So, on to the BKV lovin', I just picked up a hard cover TPB of Runaways (issues 1-18) for something like $10 USD (in mint condition too, still in the plastic and having that new comic smell)!! Getting it at that price was the end of an intricate year-long plan, but totally worth it I'm guessing. Now I can finally see what you lot are talking about, eh?
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby doglips on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:59 am

$10?! Bargain, those first few issues are totally amazing, you'll love it!
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby DennisMM on Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:19 pm

Ex Machina #33 rocks. Not only does God speak to Mitchell, but we get a fantastic reveal. Earlier in "Ex Cathedra" we saw that after the explosion that lodged the circuitry in his head, Mitchell needed a good bit of reconstructive surgery. That makes sense, but plenty of good writers wouldn't have done anything with it. This issue we get the reveal - Hundred goes berserk and starts tearing at his head and we see that beneath the skin much of the left side of his skull is covered with the circuitry, replacing muscle and nerve tissue.

All this, the dying pope and Russians with eyepatches.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:26 pm

DennisMM wrote:Ex Machina #33 rocks. Not only does God speak to Mitchell, but we get a fantastic reveal. Earlier in "Ex Cathedra" we saw that after the explosion that lodged the circuitry in his head, Mitchell needed a good bit of reconstructive surgery. That makes sense, but plenty of good writers wouldn't have done anything with it. This issue we get the reveal - Hundred goes berserk and starts tearing at his head and we see that beneath the skin much of the left side of his skull is covered with the circuitry, replacing muscle and nerve tissue.

All this, the dying pope and Russians with eyepatches.

yeah, I wasn't sure about this arc initially...taking him out of NY, having him meet the Pope(?!?)...I thought it was going to get kinda hokey, and that maybe BKV was just filling time until the series finale.

but damn was I ever wrong!

as you said, answered some questions, but in typically erudite fashion for BKV, he raised a heck of a lot more, including that potential bombshell on the last page.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:13 pm

I'm still not sold on the remote-control assassin idea. It seems far too simple that the hackers were able to find Mitchell's operating frequency. He's not a robotic vacuum, after all. But the somewhat weak links did give us a nice bit of decorative chain.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Just caught up with the last three issues of Y: The Last Man. WHOA!!! After some "not so stellar" issues it really looks like Vaughan has brought his A game for the final arc. I absolutely can't WAIT for the final issue. Even though it hit a creative rut this series will go down as one of the best comics to emerge out of 2000s.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:11 pm

Spoilers etc.

What happened in issha 59? I don't see any way of writing 355 out of the little pickle she was left in at the end of issha 58, but I still wouldn't mind knowing what happened. I heard that there was a confrontation between the psycho Jewish woman and Yorick, but no one told me what juicy revelations came out.

I was actually going to post in this thread about the last issue of Y before Lecko beat me to it.

Personally, I think there has been a bit of a slide since Beth 1 came back into the picture. And once Y did reconcile with Beth 1, what ended up happening spat on Beth's completely irrational assumption that Yorick was still alive. If you're going to write in a plot point like that, then you sure as shit better not let it fizzle out because "it just doesn't feel right." Don't get me wrong, I would have preferred Yorick with 355 than Beth 1, but there were probably better ways of going about it.

The moment when 355 whispered her name into Y's ear was pretty touching though.

There are quite a few loose ends Vaughan has to iron out in this last issue (unless he already did that in the issue I missed), so he's going to have to bring his A game if he wants to make all the exposition feel natural.
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:40 pm

I am waiting on the TPB of the last issues and I am jonesing.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:40 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Spoilers etc.

What happened in issha 59? I don't see any way of writing 355 out of the little pickle she was left in at the end of issha 58, but I still wouldn't mind knowing what happened. I heard that there was a confrontation between the psycho Jewish woman and Yorick, but no one told me what juicy revelations came out.

I was actually going to post in this thread about the last issue of Y before Lecko beat me to it.

Personally, I think there has been a bit of a slide since Beth 1 came back into the picture. And once Y did reconcile with Beth 1, what ended up happening spat on Beth's completely irrational assumption that Yorick was still alive. If you're going to write in a plot point like that, then you sure as shit better not let it fizzle out because "it just doesn't feel right." Don't get me wrong, I would have preferred Yorick with 355 than Beth 1, but there were probably better ways of going about it.

The moment when 355 whispered her name into Y's ear was pretty touching though.

There are quite a few loose ends Vaughan has to iron out in this last issue (unless he already did that in the issue I missed), so he's going to have to bring his A game if he wants to make all the exposition feel natural.

Seppu would you like me to post spoilers of #59??? Well here we go:

SPOILERS!!!!!!

355 is shot by the sniper square in the forehead, right after she whispers her REAL name into Yorrick's ear. She collapses and dies in Yorrick's arms. The Israeli's gas the place and assume it is safe to enter....because no one in there will be awake. Alter goes in alone to shoot Yorrick while he is asleep only to find him wearing a gas mask with a baton. The two get into a big scuffle and Yorrick gets the upper hand only to discover why Alter has been doing what she has been doing...she wants to commit suicide too. Yorrick brings her out in front of her troops and knocks her out. It's all over.

Meanwhile, Beth 1, Beth 2, and Hero are being held captive by some Israelis when they are sprung by Nasa and the Russian girl. They go in search of Yorrick only to find him sitting alone mourning the loss of 355.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:26 pm

MORE SPOILERS AHEAD

Leckomaniac wrote:355 is shot by the sniper square in the forehead, right after she whispers her REAL name into Yorrick's ear. She collapses and dies in Yorrick's arms. The Israeli's gas the place and assume it is safe to enter....because no one in there will be awake. Alter goes in alone to shoot Yorrick while he is asleep only to find him wearing a gas mask with a baton. The two get into a big scuffle and Yorrick gets the upper hand only to discover why Alter has been doing what she has been doing...she wants to commit suicide too. Yorrick brings her out in front of her troops and knocks her out. It's all over.

Meanwhile, Beth 1, Beth 2, and Hero are being held captive by some Israelis when they are sprung by Nasa and the Russian girl. They go in search of Yorrick only to find him sitting alone mourning the loss of 355.

Oh Lecko, you spoil me!

That was great. I know I wouldn't have been able to get my hands on a copy of *59 until at least after issue *60 comes out- and with me being me, I wouldn't be able to restrain myself long enough for that- so this was the next best thing!

Alter spent five years relentlessly pursuing Yorick because she wanted to kill herself? I'm not sure I'm happy about that.

It also looks like I was right and Vaughan does have quite a bit of expo he'll have to cram into the last issue.

(By the way, I know I'm bitching, but that doesn't mean I don't really love this series).[/b]
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:49 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:MORE SPOILERS AHEAD

Leckomaniac wrote:355 is shot by the sniper square in the forehead, right after she whispers her REAL name into Yorrick's ear. She collapses and dies in Yorrick's arms. The Israeli's gas the place and assume it is safe to enter....because no one in there will be awake. Alter goes in alone to shoot Yorrick while he is asleep only to find him wearing a gas mask with a baton. The two get into a big scuffle and Yorrick gets the upper hand only to discover why Alter has been doing what she has been doing...she wants to commit suicide too. Yorrick brings her out in front of her troops and knocks her out. It's all over.

Oh Lecko, you spoil me!

That was great. I know I wouldn't have been able to get my hands on a copy of *59 until at least after issue *60 comes out- and with me being me, I wouldn't be able to restrain myself long enough for that- so this was the next best thing!

Alter spent five years relentlessly pursuing Yorick because she wanted to kill herself? I'm not sure I'm happy about that.

It also looks like I was right and Vaughan does have quite a bit of expo he'll have to cram into the last issue.

(By the way, I know I'm bitching, but that doesn't mean I don't really love this series).[/b]

SPOILER!!!!!!!!

Well Alter believes the Culper Ring is behind the whole mess to begin with and she believes the 355 and Yorrick are somehow involved with that. And she is also a nutty bitch. She claims that now she can "Die in battle and by some bitch". She wanted to be killed by a man. She is reckless and irresponsible at almost every turn. I am not sure how satisfying it is, but it at least kind of adds up...especially with the universe Vaughan has created.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:56 pm

Yesterday I got my TP of Pride of Baghdad. I just read parts of it. Now I'm crying.

Fuck you for making me hurt, Vaughan.
DennisMM

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:15 pm

DennisMM wrote:Yesterday I got my TP of Pride of Baghdad. I just read parts of it. Now I'm crying.

Fuck you for making me hurt, Vaughan.

Oh my are you in for a treat. Pride of Baghdad is something else. Enjoy.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:37 am

BKV's Top 5 comics for Jan 9, 2007, courtesy of his myspace bulletin.

Each week, over at the BKV.TV message board (where I've been writing a little about the final issue of Y, which is finally fully colored and off to the presses), I like to recommend five new comic books, a healthy mix of "mainstream" and otherwise, that I think might appeal to readers who dig my comics. As always, feel free to repost this bulletin for the rest your blah, blah, blah.

No new crap from me for a change, so please buy this stuff instead...

BLACK HOLE: Now available in softcover, Charles Burns' hallucinatory teenage horror story (which Neil Gaiman is adapting for the big screen) is one of my favorite graphic novels. And for you aspiring art nerds out there, it's got some of the loveliest inking ever to grace the medium.

YOUNGBLOOD #1: Joe Casey's AUTOMATIC KAFKA and WILDCATS were both underrated bits of mad genius, and I'm really digging Joe's new take on this old concept, too.

THE TWELVE #1: For those of you who miss JMS on Spidey, he's taking a fresh look at some way old Marvel characters in this new "maxi-series" (old school!) with art from the always spectacular Chris Weston.

SCALPED #13: If you love nunchucks (and only virulent racists don't), there's no excuse for not reading my favorite new ass-kicking Vertigo series. All-new storyline begins this week!

THE FOUNDATION #1: Fun high concept from BOOM! Studios: A secret society founded by Nostradamus with the wealth accumulated from sales of his prophetic books today uses his unpublished tomes to predict and prevent global disasters. Neat-o.

Enjoy,
BKV
http://www.myspace.com/briankvaughan
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:15 pm

So...

I was re-reading the first 3 trades of Y: The Last Man and I realized that they actually did set up the whole Alter being suicidal/wishing to die in battle thing way back in the first issue. Kind of makes the payoff in this last issue a bit more substantial.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:57 pm

Here is a sad thought: after tomorrow there will never be a new issue of Y: The Last Man. This is it. After nearly six years (three of those years I was reading along), Yorrick's adventures come to a close. I wasn't there at the beginning, but I stuck with this title for three years and it is quite sad to see it go.

Newsarama has an extensive interview with BKV, which can be read here and here.
Last edited by Leckomaniac on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:10 pm

Three years?
DennisMM

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:59 pm

DennisMM wrote:Three years?

Sorry, I meant that I have been reading the title for three years. I forgot to include that section in the sentence.

:oops:
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:01 pm

No worries. I was merely confused, as it seemed the book had been coming out for a long while. I only read the TPs, so I don't have a feel for how frequently they released it - though monthly seems to make sense.
DennisMM

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:08 pm

DennisMM wrote:No worries. I was merely confused, as it seemed the book had been coming out for a long while. I only read the TPs, so I don't have a feel for how frequently they released it - though monthly seems to make sense.

I tried to amend my original post to reflect my intending meaning. I bought the first few trades and then I started collecting the book monthly in 2005. The book started out monthly, but as BKV grew in popularity the schedule become more erratic. When he had to get out Ex Machina, Runaways, Pride of Baghdad, and work on LOST...Y kind of stumbled in quality and in its release schedule.

But the last few arcs have really put this book back on track for the final spring.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:12 pm

HOLY. SHIT.

Y: The Last Man #60 is, by far, the most fitting conclusion to a series I have ever read. This book is 1000 kinds of kick ass. I loved every single panel. Probably the best book I have read since the final issue of the first volume of Runaways.

BKV is a fucking master.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:18 pm

now that'll get my flabby ass to a comic shop...
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:56 pm

CNN has an article on BKV and Y ending and his work on LOST.

I just re-read the last issue again. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, that book.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:37 pm

Come on people...has NO ONE read this?

The moment when ampersand dies was just fucking heart breaking.

So well written and rendered.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:44 pm

Picking it up tomorrow.

EDIT: That really wasn't worth clicking on this post to hear, was it? Heh.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:45 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Picking it up tomorrow.

EDIT: That really wasn't worth clicking on this post to hear, was it? Heh.

Heh.

I feel gipped!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:48 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:Heh.

You know, I just realised something. The very first time I saw someone use the word "Heh" in print- and that includes all of the internets- was in Y: The Last Man.

Damn, I'm really going to miss this comic. :P
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:50 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Damn, I'm really going to miss this comic. :P

:P

I hear that.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chilli on Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:24 am

Leckomaniac wrote:
seppukudkurosawa wrote:Damn, I'm really going to miss this comic. :P

:P

I hear that.

I have all the TPBs to get through first.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Coheed_and_Cambria on Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:27 pm

It's a shame, because there has been few comics that I can truly get into, and enjoy, as throughly as Y: The Last Man.

Characters were interesting, stories were great, and not always centered on Yorick.

The only other comic I was this depressed about ending was Steve Gerber's "Hard Time", from DC's Focus lines a few years back. Though with that, everone always knew it wasn't going to be a ongoing.

Yorick, Last Man On Earth, you will be missed. Let's hope when they make it into a movie, they keep as true to the comic as they can.
Coheed_and_Cambria
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby yorrick brown on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:30 am

Should I call you Bullet? Tooth?
You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
yorrick brown
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby doglips on Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:30 am

yorrick brown wrote:news about his movie script

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/12497

Ah, new BKV info, thin on the ground since he shut down BKVTV :P

Resolving a heated bidding war, Brian K. Vaughan has sold his supernatural comedy spec Roundtable to DreamWorks for $650,000 against $1 million (lucky, lucky). In "Roundtable," Vaughan tries out yet another tweak on the oft-revised King Arthur legend. His spin, more "Ghostbusters" than "Excalibur," revolves around Merlin assembling a bunch of modern-day knights to battle a resurrected ancient evil, only to discover that today's knights are all washed-up athletes, cowardly scientists or Academy Award-winning actors.

Sounds pretty wacky but those characters will have ( hopefully ) awesome Vaughan dialogue as their excalibur. Could be good.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Books