CIVIL WAR--NEW MASSIVE SPOILERS- BEWARE!!!!!!

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Whose side are you on?

Iron Man
13
14%
Captain America
64
69%
undecided
16
17%
 
Total votes : 93

Postby Peven on Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:58 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
Peven wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:LOOK, LET'S KEEP THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE HERE!

Captain America is dead!

I need to go pay my respects, and honor him by heading to the comic shop and buying up six mylar sealed Captain America #25's to put on eBay when they run out....


Oh shit. That's how we honor him? Because I just torched an abortion clinic. I guess we all have our own way of expressing grief.


Because of you we have to have the baby now.

THANKS DOUCHE!!!!11




don't worry, i'm sure you and Burl will make adequate parents. :P


CUTEST. BABY. EVAR.


i wonder if they will opt to breast feed.
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
User avatar
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14125
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:41 pm

Iffa the Cap going out a 'cos a the sniper's bullet is a not a the biggest, how you say? "F.U."? to a the current administration vis-a-vie a the Iraq War, I donna know what is, eh?
User avatar
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN
 
Posts: 11284
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: Private Villa inna Santorini

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:47 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:Iffa the Cap going out a 'cos a the sniper's bullet is a not a the biggest, how you say? "F.U."? to a the current administration vis-a-vie a the Iraq War, I donna know what is, eh?


Guh. You donna know what you're talking about.
Image
User avatar
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA
 
Posts: 10626
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am
Location: Port Angeles, WA

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:54 pm

How so, eh?

You gotta the America's Greatest Soldier, anna he's a taken out by a the unseen enemy from a the sniper's bullet?

Anna you donna see a the Iraq War parallel?
User avatar
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN
 
Posts: 11284
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: Private Villa inna Santorini

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:02 pm

You missed a year long storyline where Captain America was doing his best to give the American government a big FUCK YOU.
Image
User avatar
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA
 
Posts: 10626
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am
Location: Port Angeles, WA

Postby buster00 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:07 pm

I just want to point out that the new Captain America shield is going to be kind of clumsy and ungainly:

Image

Not very aerodynamic.
User avatar
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6401
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:12 pm

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:09 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:You missed a year long storyline where Captain America was doing his best to give the American government a big FUCK YOU.


Yes, anna going out by a the sniper's bullet was a the final capper to alla that, no?
User avatar
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN
 
Posts: 11284
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: Private Villa inna Santorini

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:12 pm

Sorry, you senile old goat-fuck. I don't see it.
Image
User avatar
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA
 
Posts: 10626
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am
Location: Port Angeles, WA

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:14 pm

It's a like a the whole Cap storyline, she has a been a the F.U. to a the administration... anna just a when a the wound, she is a still raw, the writers, they go anna pour a the bucket of a the salt inna to it, eh?

It's a like saying kicking a the dying man after a you beaten him alla to hell, eh?
User avatar
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN
 
Posts: 11284
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: Private Villa inna Santorini

Postby Adam Balm on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:22 pm

I can't believe this.

Captain America died for our sins and here you are trying to politicize it.
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby buster00 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:30 pm

CROO-SEE-FIDE!!

Image


Give us Barabbas!
User avatar
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6401
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:12 pm

Postby Adam Balm on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:33 pm

He's now buried in the tomb of the unknown soldier.

James Cameron discovered it.
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:36 pm

I just read the issue where it all goes down and....well....tiny texted for spoilers:

It was orchestrated by the Red Skull. Crossbones was the sniper. Then during the chaos that followed, Sharon Carter, under a hypnotic suggestion by Dr.Faustus, shot Cap in the stomach.

WTF?!? Does this tie into Civil War at all???
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle
 
Posts: 2883
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:35 am

Postby Adam Balm on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:40 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:I just read the issue where it all goes down and....well....tiny texted for spoilers:

It was orchestrated by the Red Skull. Crossbones was the sniper. Then during the chaos that followed, Sharon Carter, under a hypnotic suggestion by Dr.Faustus, shot Cap in the stomach.

WTF?!? Does this tie into Civil War at all???


No kidding. It would make more sense if it was like someone whose kid died in Stamford or something. This is all kinda...whuh?
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:52 pm

Adam Balm wrote:
The Ginger Man wrote:I just read the issue where it all goes down and....well....tiny texted for spoilers:

It was orchestrated by the Red Skull. Crossbones was the sniper. Then during the chaos that followed, Sharon Carter, under a hypnotic suggestion by Dr.Faustus, shot Cap in the stomach.

WTF?!? Does this tie into Civil War at all???


No kidding. It would make more sense if it was like someone whose kid died in Stamford or something. This is all kinda...whuh?


The best comparison I can think of would be Superman's death...but if it had been written thusly:

In DC's "Final Night" mega-series, The Sun Eater blots out the sun. Hal Jordan sacrifices himself, brings back the sun, everyone says hooray. Superman, his powers having faded without sunlight, basks happily in the sun's rays.

"Golly," says Superman. "The sun sure is nice. Kinda makes me want a popsicle."

"I have a popsicle," says Lex Luthor, appearing from nowhere.

"I don't know," says Superman. "Your sudden appearance makes no sense. And you are evil."

Lex pulls Lois Lane to his side, again from nowhere. "Here," he says. "You give it to him."

Lois hands Superman the popsicle. Superman smiles and gives it a lick.

"By the way," says Lex. "That's actually Kryptonite."

Superman drops dead. So ends "Final Night."
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle
 
Posts: 2883
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:35 am

Postby bluebottle on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:53 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:B ecause of you we have to have the baby now.

THANKS DOUCHE!!!!11


Image


AND TEH DAY IS SAVED!
User avatar
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 5354
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:17 pm
Location: Canada

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:36 pm

The whole Red Skull thing makes perfect sense if you have been reading the book. Why it ties into Civil War? Because Cap's enemies have caught at the one moment when he was defenseless.
Image
User avatar
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA
 
Posts: 10626
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am
Location: Port Angeles, WA

Postby Vegeta on Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:53 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:
The Ginger Man wrote:I just read the issue where it all goes down and....well....tiny texted for spoilers:

It was orchestrated by the Red Skull. Crossbones was the sniper. Then during the chaos that followed, Sharon Carter, under a hypnotic suggestion by Dr.Faustus, shot Cap in the stomach.

WTF?!? Does this tie into Civil War at all???


No kidding. It would make more sense if it was like someone whose kid died in Stamford or something. This is all kinda...whuh?


The best comparison I can think of would be Superman's death...but if it had been written thusly:

In DC's "Final Night" mega-series, The Sun Eater blots out the sun. Hal Jordan sacrifices himself, brings back the sun, everyone says hooray. Superman, his powers having faded without sunlight, basks happily in the sun's rays.

"Golly," says Superman. "The sun sure is nice. Kinda makes me want a popsicle."

"I have a popsicle," says Lex Luthor, appearing from nowhere.

"I don't know," says Superman. "Your sudden appearance makes no sense. And you are evil."

Lex pulls Lois Lane to his side, again from nowhere. "Here," he says. "You give it to him."

Lois hands Superman the popsicle. Superman smiles and gives it a lick.

"By the way," says Lex. "That's actually Kryptonite."

Superman drops dead. So ends "Final Night."


HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!11!1

That is a pretty good comparison. :D
User avatar
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY
 
Posts: 6274
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:22 am
Location: U.S.S.A.

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:10 pm

Umm, wait a minute...

SPOILERS FOR CIVIL WAR: THE INITIATIVE

In the section where Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel are talking, there's a, umm, curious exchange that makes me think today was just a lot of hype:

SPIDER-WOMAN: How could you be with them?
MS. MARVEL: With them? Who's them? It used to be us. Now it's them?
SPIDER-WOMAN: Take away everything. The politics, the egos. Take all that away, and you know what's left? Tony Stark killed Captain America. Captain America is dead! And he died fighting for freedom right here in America. Listen to the words, Carol. Captain America is dead. Now tell me again what you're doing.
MS. MARVEL: He's not.
SPIDER-WOMAN: What?
MS. MARVEL: He's not.
SPIDER-WOMAN: You're lying.
MS. MARVEL: He's tucked away safe on The Raft. No one knows. No one. They're trying to save his life even as we speak.
SPIDER-WOMAN: How is he not dead?
MS. MARVEL: What am I? A super-soldier serum expert? He's not dead!

...and then they talk some more and Jessica runs off.

So, umm, looks like all the hype today was just a bunch of bullshit. Cap ain't dead.
User avatar
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby buster00 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:33 pm

NO, Whedon. He's dead as hell. It was in all the papers.

Captain America is dead and he's not coming back.





I'm hungry. Anyone else hungry? Let's get a pizza or something.
User avatar
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6401
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:12 pm

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:34 pm

Stark will just Clone him anyway.

Then he'll come back.

But this time, this Clone...

is CAPTAIN AMERIKKKA!

lookout tall darkies!
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
User avatar
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 9407
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:14 am
Location: Blacktionville

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:35 pm

I wonder how all this will affect the Captain America/Anna Nicole Paternity Suit...?
User avatar
havocSchultz
is full of stars...
 
Posts: 15695
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 am
Location: living amongst a hazy nothing...

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:36 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Umm, wait a minute...

SPOILERS FOR CIVIL WAR: THE INITIATIVE

In the section where Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel are talking, there's a, umm, curious exchange that makes me think today was just a lot of hype:

SPIDER-WOMAN: How could you be with them?
MS. MARVEL: With them? Who's them? It used to be us. Now it's them?
SPIDER-WOMAN: Take away everything. The politics, the egos. Take all that away, and you know what's left? Tony Stark killed Captain America. Captain America is dead! And he died fighting for freedom right here in America. Listen to the words, Carol. Captain America is dead. Now tell me again what you're doing.
MS. MARVEL: He's not.
SPIDER-WOMAN: What?
MS. MARVEL: He's not.
SPIDER-WOMAN: You're lying.
MS. MARVEL: He's tucked away safe on The Raft. No one knows. No one. They're trying to save his life even as we speak.
SPIDER-WOMAN: How is he not dead?
MS. MARVEL: What am I? A super-soldier serum expert? He's not dead!

...and then they talk some more and Jessica runs off.

So, umm, looks like all the hype today was just a bunch of bullshit. Cap ain't dead.


Marvel has come out and said that THAT exchange doesn't mean what you think it means.
Image
User avatar
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA
 
Posts: 10626
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am
Location: Port Angeles, WA

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:40 pm

Just saw this:

Marvel wrote:Comments from Ms. Marvel in this week’s Civil War: The Initiative, which seemed to indicate that Captain America is still alive, and being held prisoner by the Pro-Registration forces may not have been exactly what they seemed on the surface, and events related to those comments will play out in upcoming issues of New Avengers.

So, yes, Captain America, Steve Rogers, is dead.

Sooooooo, there you go...

Looks like we'll have to wait for the movie for him to reappear after all. :cry:
User avatar
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Adam Balm on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:48 pm

Enter Claptain Clamerica....

I wonder if we'll get to see Hercules brain him too...
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:52 pm

Adam Balm wrote:Enter Claptain Clamerica....

I wonder if we'll get to see Hercules brain him too...


fucking shit.

Now I'm annoyed. I hated the whole Clor thing...
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:55 pm

I am hoping for Captain Punisher. That would be so cynically wicked.
Image
User avatar
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA
 
Posts: 10626
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am
Location: Port Angeles, WA

Postby buster00 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:00 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:I am hoping for Captain Punisher. That would be so cynically wicked.


Yeah, but the idea reminds me of when Azrael took over for Batman all those years ago.

Those stories were just OK. Hopefully Punisher-as-Cap would have a little more depth.
User avatar
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6401
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:12 pm

Postby minstrel on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:04 pm

Too bad he died before he could earn a promotion to Major America. Or even Lieutenant Colonel America. Brigadier General America would probably have remained out of his reach, though - pompous as he was, he didn't have the style.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:11 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:I am hoping for Captain Punisher. That would be so cynically wicked.

They seem to be setting it up pretty directly in Civil War, what with Spider-Man's comments about how they're the same soldier, different war, and then with Castle picking up Cap's mask after he's surrendered.
User avatar
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:13 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:I am hoping for Captain Punisher. That would be so cynically wicked.

They seem to be setting it up pretty directly in Civil War, what with Spider-Man's comments about how they're the same soldier, different war, and then with Castle picking up Cap's mask after he's surrendered.


Yup, I thought it would be Castle taking over (or dabbling with) Cap's identity while Cap was incarcerated, but I guess this works too...
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby Adam Balm on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:20 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:I am hoping for Captain Punisher. That would be so cynically wicked.

They seem to be setting it up pretty directly in Civil War, what with Spider-Man's comments about how they're the same soldier, different war, and then with Castle picking up Cap's mask after he's surrendered.


Although Tom Brevoort claimed that he had no idea what Millar meant with that panel.
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:39 pm

Adam Balm wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:I am hoping for Captain Punisher. That would be so cynically wicked.

They seem to be setting it up pretty directly in Civil War, what with Spider-Man's comments about how they're the same soldier, different war, and then with Castle picking up Cap's mask after he's surrendered.


Although Tom Brevoort claimed that he had no idea what Millar meant with that panel.

Yeah, I read that too, which makes me question if anyone really knows what the hell is going on.

Then again, maybe it was another subtle ploy to misdirect away from Cap's death.


EDIT: BTW, Variety's obituary for Cap is up HERE.
User avatar
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:11 pm

heh, I should just take the spoiler warning off the thread and make it CAP'S DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

No way anyone could miss all this media coverage...

MW, I'm getting an error page with that link, but it could be because I'm at work?

ETA: never mind, working now...
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby Adam Balm on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:27 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:I am hoping for Captain Punisher. That would be so cynically wicked.

They seem to be setting it up pretty directly in Civil War, what with Spider-Man's comments about how they're the same soldier, different war, and then with Castle picking up Cap's mask after he's surrendered.


Although Tom Brevoort claimed that he had no idea what Millar meant with that panel.

Yeah, I read that too, which makes me question if anyone really knows what the hell is going on.

Then again, maybe it was another subtle ploy to misdirect away from Cap's death.


EDIT: BTW, Variety's obituary for Cap is up HERE.


Oh, irony.

They had to use Liefeld's version. He has been murdered twice today.
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:29 pm

a guy at superhero hype has scans of the panels in question up, don't click the link below if you want to see it for the first time in the context of the whole book:

SPOILERS!!!!!!!

EDIT: the page may take a bit of time to load, I think it's getting some heavy traffic...
Last edited by Lord Voldemoo on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby cap on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:31 pm

Geez.....

A guy leaves for five minutes, and he is proclaimed dead.....

What is the world coming too........
Image

Ambition - The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly
User avatar
cap
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:21 pm
Location: Over here.... In the Corner.... No Really!!!!

Postby Ribbons on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:46 pm

cap wrote:Geez.....

A guy leaves for five minutes, and he is proclaimed dead.....

What is the world coming too........


Whoa, he's back already!
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13542
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Postby Vegeta on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:48 pm

cap wrote:Geez.....

A guy leaves for five minutes, and he is proclaimed dead.....

What is the world coming too........


Thank God! It's cap!

Okay everyone needs to just calm down, all is right with the world again. :)
User avatar
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY
 
Posts: 6274
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:22 am
Location: U.S.S.A.

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:14 pm

Adam Balm wrote:Enter Claptain Clamerica.....

Captain Chlamydia?
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13898
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby Adam Balm on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:15 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:a guy at superhero hype has scans of the panels in question up, don't click the link below if you want to see it for the first time in the context of the whole book:

SPOILERS!!!!!!!

EDIT: the page may take a bit of time to load, I think it's getting some heavy traffic...


I just read it. I almost cried. Talk about a shot in the gut...







sorry, too soon.
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Adam Balm on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:24 am

Latino Review's coverage of the cap story is interesting, mostly because the reviewer fails to understand the difference between 'superhero' and 'mutant'.

http://latinoreview.com/news.php?id=1574

Even more interesting is that he thinks that Kingpin was an ally of Captain America's during the War.
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:26 am

Adam Balm wrote:Latino Review's coverage of the cap story is interesting, mostly because the reviewer fails to understand the difference between 'superhero' and 'mutant'.

http://latinoreview.com/news.php?id=1574

Even more interesting is that he thinks that Kingpin was an ally of Captain America's during the War.


They also said that J.J Abrams was officially OFF the Captain America film...
User avatar
havocSchultz
is full of stars...
 
Posts: 15695
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 am
Location: living amongst a hazy nothing...

Postby Adam Balm on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:42 am

God, I've sunk to a new low. I just sent the guy who wrote the article the most fanboyish, nitpicky email...

Uggh.
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby RaulMonkey on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:46 am

Hahaha. Post it!
Image
User avatar
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR
 
Posts: 3396
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:12 am
Location: YYC

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:49 am

Adam Balm wrote:God, I've sunk to a new low. I just sent the guy who wrote the article the most fanboyish, nitpicky email...

Uggh.


well since they aren't as tacky as CHUDderhea, no one but the recipient will ever see it. and there will be no mocking!
User avatar
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA
 
Posts: 10626
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am
Location: Port Angeles, WA

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:46 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:God, I've sunk to a new low. I just sent the guy who wrote the article the most fanboyish, nitpicky email...

Uggh.


well since they aren't as tacky as CHUDderhea, no one but the recipient will ever see it. and there will be no mocking!


Sad but true, my friend. Sad but true.
User avatar
ONeillSG1
ADAMA
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:23 am
Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Adam Balm on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:06 pm

According to newsarama, Captain America's death is going to be the topic for Colbert's 'the w0rd' segment tonight.
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:10 pm

Adam Balm wrote:According to newsarama, Captain America's death is going to be the topic for Colbert's 'the w0rd' segment tonight.


Holy shit I need to set my TIVO.
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:25 pm

How long before he comes back? You can't get away with killing Captain America.

You just don't do it.
User avatar
ONeillSG1
ADAMA
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:23 am
Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Books

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest