CIVIL WAR--NEW MASSIVE SPOILERS- BEWARE!!!!!!

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Whose side are you on?

Iron Man
14%
Captain America
69%
undecided
17%

Total votes : 93

Postby Adam Balm on Mon May 08, 2006 4:44 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:I only mentioned Canada because of the Alpha Flight connection, and it'd make sense for Cap to operate outside the registration laws.

That said, the idea of Cap leading a second, rogue group of Avengers within the States is even more compelling.

I agree totally. Yeah, it doesn't really add up what's going on with him and Alpha Flight. Does Cap perhaps assemble a team of Canadian heroes then, who aren't subject to the registration codes?
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Mon May 08, 2006 5:06 pm

Theta wrote:I will say, having read the comic...eh. Not nearly as shitty as "House of M" (which sucked worse than Heroes Reborn), but it was kinda like "They killed the New Warriors for this?"

NOTHING sucked worse than Heroes Reborn, even with Jeph Loeb on board. And don't you forget it!

I haven't read Civil War yet. The covers are keeping me at bay. Turner uses too many bloody lines.

I promise to pick it up come the weekend if my local comic book retailer has any left.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Theta on Mon May 08, 2006 6:30 pm

DennisMM wrote:
NOTHING sucked worse than Heroes Reborn, even with Jeph Loeb on board. And don't you forget it!

Hey, at least it didn't open with AN ENTIRE ISSUE OF TALKING! AN ENTIRE FUCKING ISSUE!!!

Sorry, nothing personal, I just find myself filled with righteous vengance and furious anger every time I think on what a terrible piece of writing "House of M #1" was. At least "Heroes Reborn" is technically outside of freakin' continuity; the "repercussions" of Bendis' suckfest are going to linger. Like herpes.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon May 08, 2006 6:40 pm

Theta wrote:
DennisMM wrote:

Hey, at least it didn't open with AN ENTIRE ISSUE OF TALKING! AN ENTIRE FUCKING ISSUE!!!

Sorry, nothing personal, I just find myself filled with righteous vengance and furious anger every time I think on what a terrible piece of writing "House of M #1" was. At least "Heroes Reborn" is technically outside of freakin' continuity; the "repercussions" of Bendis' suckfest are going to linger. Like herpes.

It's another issue entirely, but I love the major plot points of House of M and Decimation. House of M the mini was pretty underwhelming, but the radical re-writing of the mutant community is a really great story device.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Peven on Mon May 08, 2006 7:07 pm

this is a little off the subject, granted, but i'm not sure where else to ask this, and this IS a thread about the Marvel universe. looooong ago i used to enjoy reading Avengers, with the Vision as leader. what ever happened to him?

also, i remember one particular issue where about all the Marvel bunch were killed/mortally wounded by this one dude, who i think was a "good guy", i.e. one of the Marvel bunch, but went wacko for some reason, i forget. i think his wife, her death maybe, was involved. the whole issue was one long battle that took place in a house/building where one by one Marvel heroes were trying to take down the whacko only to be taken out. i vividly remember Black Panther catching a power blast of some sort right through the chest, along with Captain America getting put through a wall. at the very end, with the room(s) littered with fallen heroes, i think it is Thor who finally ends up striking the wnning blow for the marvel bunch. then, Thor tranforms into the doctor character and begind going around the room healing everyone. like i said, this isssue would have come out looong ago, probably close to 25 yrs ago, and my memory of it is somewhat murky. still this whole, "Civil War' discussion reminded me of it. anyone have any idea what i'm talking about?

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Adam Balm on Mon May 08, 2006 7:12 pm

Peven wrote:this is a little off the subject, granted, but i'm not sure where else to ask this, and this IS a thread about the Marvel universe. looooong ago i used to enjoy reading Avengers, with the Vision as leader. what ever happened to him?

As far as I can remember (someone correct me here if I'm wrong) he died in Avengers Disassembled, but was later reactivated by the Young Avengers. I have no idea what his current status is...
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Coldfire24 on Mon May 08, 2006 8:00 pm

Ok guys i'm new to comic books. By the way I liked the first book alot the more I read about Captain America the more I like him. I guess I didn't give him a chance as a character. But I have one question....What happened to Nick Fury? I'm so behind on that one. I'm confused everytime he is referenced in every book cause I have no idea why he left/where he is?
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby RUMPLEDFORESKIN on Mon May 08, 2006 8:12 pm

Nick Fury took a bunch of heroes and tried to overthrown Latveria, on his own, with no government sanction. So he is in hiding from the Goverment.

I got all this second hand, I didnt read the books this happened in. I thikn it was called Secret Wars or something like that.
RUMPLEDFORESKIN
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Coldfire24 on Mon May 08, 2006 8:16 pm

Secret wars eh...I need to find out what this Latveria is hmmm....i'll go check it out.

Edit...Oh yeah Latveria is Doctor Doom's place right..hmm I'm going to read this.
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby RUMPLEDFORESKIN on Mon May 08, 2006 8:27 pm

A great tool for catching up on Comics is Wikipedia.org Just punch in the heroes name and most times you'll get a full up to date history of the character.
RUMPLEDFORESKIN
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Adam Balm on Mon May 08, 2006 8:29 pm

Also, marveldirectory.com is pretty badass, especially for the obscure characters that you can't always find a wiki entry for..
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Theta on Mon May 08, 2006 11:34 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Theta wrote:
DennisMM wrote:

It's another issue entirely, but I love the major plot points of House of M and Decimation. House of M the mini was pretty underwhelming, but the radical re-writing of the mutant community is a really great story device.

I agree. I love nothing better than taking a continuity and playing "What If..." with it. I think Bendis managed to fuck himself in the ass by letting it drag on far too long (six issues would have been pushing it; eight is unacceptable) and by not editing his story properly (which admittedly is also Quesada's job, but the guy can't even enforce a deadline, let alone actually EDIT.) If Issue #2 had been Issue #1, it would have been much better on that basis alone. At least I wouldn't have been thinking "Why is killing her even coming into the conversation? Isn't there a mutant cure just sitting in Beast's fridge, next to the Whiskas?"
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Theta on Mon May 08, 2006 11:36 pm

Adam Balm wrote:Also, marveldirectory.com is pretty badass, especially for the obscure characters that you can't always find a wiki entry for..

I second this. Whoever put this together is either a genius or needs to know the pleasures of sex.

Come to think of it, it's probably both.

Sorry for the lame humor, I'm pulling a Coldfire.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Adam Balm on Wed May 10, 2006 5:26 pm

Just up at CBR:

"They say that breaking up is hard to do, but writer Brian Michael Bendis is becoming an expert at it. Bendis chronicled the collapse of Earth’s Mightiest heroes in the pages of 'Avengers Disassembled.' In 'New Avengers,' a new incarnation of the team was born. But now that 'Civil War' has erupted and the heroes of the Marvel Universe square off against each other, the team will be torn apart just as they were finally coming together. Bendis will tell the tale of the team’s collapse in 'New Avengers: Disassembled,' a storyline that spans from June‘s issue #21 to October’s #25."

more...

"What Bendis does in 'New Avengers: Disassembled' is he tell the story through the eyes of each of the characters. 'Each issue focuses on one character’s point of view of the events that are happening that month and to them during the whole Civil War,' Bendis explained. 'Almost every character that we deal with, something major happens to them, like a life changing event. So, I get to define that element, how they got there and where it’s going to lead to.'"

http://comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=7294
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed May 10, 2006 5:46 pm

Adam Balm wrote:
Peven wrote:this is a little off the subject, granted, but i'm not sure where else to ask this, and this IS a thread about the Marvel universe. looooong ago i used to enjoy reading Avengers, with the Vision as leader. what ever happened to him?

As far as I can remember (someone correct me here if I'm wrong) he died in Avengers Disassembled, but was later reactivated by the Young Avengers. I have no idea what his current status is...

He showed up in last months issue of New Avengers (# eighteen). He seems to be a reserve member of the New Avengers (at least, Tony called him and he showed up). I haven't read 19 yet so I'm not sure if he makes an appearance there...
Last edited by Lord Voldemoo on Wed May 10, 2006 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed May 10, 2006 5:47 pm

Adam Balm wrote:Just up at CBR:

"They say that breaking up is hard to do, but writer Brian Michael Bendis is becoming an expert at it. Bendis chronicled the collapse of Earth’s Mightiest heroes in the pages of 'Avengers Disassembled.' In 'New Avengers,' a new incarnation of the team was born. But now that 'Civil War' has erupted and the heroes of the Marvel Universe square off against each other, the team will be torn apart just as they were finally coming together. Bendis will tell the tale of the team’s collapse in 'New Avengers: Disassembled,' a storyline that spans from June‘s issue #21 to October’s #25...."

Praise be to the comic book gods!

I don't know if anyone else here reads "The Thing," but the latest issue (#6) had a great poke at Bendis' New Avengers. In a bind, The Thing fires his FF flare and Spidey shows up (in his new duds). The exchange happens thusly.

Thing: Why're ya stickin' yer webs into this business?

Spidey: As a member of the FF, I'm honor-bound to stop by and lend a hand.

Thing: Hold on! Since when are you a member of the FF?

Spidey: Don't you remember? When I got together with Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and the Hulk and we became The New FF!

Thing: What? You think that counts? Heck, why don'tcha throw Spider-Woman and Cage in there and call yourselves The New Avengers while yer at it?!

Oooooh, burn.

Later, the Thing asks Spidey why his new costume only has 3 mechanical arms (giving him 7 arms total) when spiders have 8, saying "It makes ya look like ya can't count." He then gives Spidey $20 to make the new costume "go away." CLASSIC.

Not to get too off track, but seriously, if you like Marvel (particularly the fun, laid back, action filled, continuity friendly, non-Bendis-gabfest, Marvel) then you need to be reading The Thing.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Theta on Wed May 10, 2006 7:52 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:

I don't know if anyone else here reads "The Thing," but the latest issue (#6) had a great poke at Bendis' New Avengers.

I've been, off and on. It's odd, I didn't really get into it and usually I LOVE Slott.

Boy, that came out wrong.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed May 10, 2006 8:41 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:Just up at CBR:

"They say that breaking up is hard to do, but writer Brian Michael Bendis is becoming an expert at it. Bendis chronicled the collapse of Earth’s Mightiest heroes in the pages of 'Avengers Disassembled.' In 'New Avengers,' a new incarnation of the team was born. But now that 'Civil War' has erupted and the heroes of the Marvel Universe square off against each other, the team will be torn apart just as they were finally coming together. Bendis will tell the tale of the team’s collapse in 'New Avengers: Disassembled,' a storyline that spans from June‘s issue #21 to October’s #25...."

I don't know if anyone else here reads "The Thing," but the latest issue (#6) had a great poke at Bendis' New Avengers. In a bind, The Thing fires his FF flare and Spidey shows up (in his new duds). The exchange happens thusly.

Thing: Why're ya stickin' yer webs into this business?

Spidey: As a member of the FF, I'm honor-bound to stop by and lend a hand.

Thing: Hold on! Since when are you a member of the FF?

Spidey: Don't you remember? When I got together with Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and the Hulk and we became The New FF!

Thing: What? You think that counts? Heck, why don'tcha throw Spider-Woman and Cage in there and call yourselves The New Avengers while yer at it?!

Oooooh, burn.

Later, the Thing asks Spidey why his new costume only has 3 mechanical arms (giving him 7 arms total) when spiders have 8, saying "It makes ya look like ya can't count." He then gives Spidey $20 to make the new costume "go away." CLASSIC.

Not to get too off track, but seriously, if you like Marvel (particularly the fun, laid back, action filled, continuity friendly, non-Bendis-gabfest, Marvel) then you need to be reading The Thing.

Sing the praises good sir. I love the Thing...and I started a thread you can find here:

http://zone.aintitcool.com/viewtopic.php?p=196900#196900

The point of the thread is to inform your fellow Zoners of some great series that they might be missing. The Thing is definitely one such series.

EDIT: The last paragraph was in the wrong thread. Sorry.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed May 10, 2006 8:55 pm

Adam Balm wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:And also, I agree with MasterWhedon...the Ultimate Line allowed readers to really connect with these classic heroes again. To be able to follow them from the beginning, you just feel a closeness to the characters. With Action Comics...I am like 500 issues behind everyone else, and that is a hard thing to get over.

Big, big SECOND on that one. Hell, you don't even have to go to DC to get an idea of how and how not to start over. Compare the Ultimate books to Heroes Reborn. It's not just that the Ultimates started from scratch, they got back to the core essentials of the characters, instead of just saying 'ooh, let's do that this time...'.

I'm not sure you can repeat what the Ultimate line did, it was magic in a bottle (although some books were more magical than others, sadly.) You had the right creators, the right editors, and the right vision at the time when people wanted a change, when they were sick of continuity and crossovers and were leaving the comic shops.

EDIT: Oops...Lecko moved his post. :oops:

Sorry Adam I was responding to something Whedon has mentioned in the CRISIS thread...so I figured I would move it.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Adam Balm on Wed May 10, 2006 8:55 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:And also, I agree with MasterWhedon...the Ultimate Line allowed readers to really connect with these classic heroes again. To be able to follow them from the beginning, you just feel a closeness to the characters. With Action Comics...I am like 500 issues behind everyone else, and that is a hard thing to get over.

Big, big SECOND on that one. Hell, you don't even have to go to DC to get an idea of how and how not to start over. Compare the Ultimate books to Heroes Reborn. It's not just that the Ultimates started from scratch, they got back to the core essentials of the characters, instead of just saying 'ooh, let's do that this time...'.

I'm not sure you can repeat what the Ultimate line did, it was magic in a bottle (although some books were more magical than others, sadly.) You had the right creators, the right editors, and the right vision at the time when people wanted a change, when they were sick of continuity and crossovers and were leaving the comic shops.

Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed May 10, 2006 8:59 pm

I thought the post-jumping was bad enough. Now I have to jump back and forth between threads!!

EDIT: Damn jump!
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Adam Balm on Wed May 10, 2006 9:07 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:

Sorry Adam I was responding to something Whedon has mentioned in the CRISIS thread...so I figured I would move it.

It's an inter-thread crossover! It'll sell like hotcakes.

Maybe we should kill off a couple of posters while we're at it....
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Wed May 10, 2006 9:08 pm

Adam Balm wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:

mmmm . . . inphanticide . . .

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Adam Balm on Wed May 10, 2006 9:10 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:

How bout we ret-con Chief Redcock so that he never existed?
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Wed May 10, 2006 9:14 pm

Adam Balm wrote:
Iconoclastica wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:

Hell, I was just hoping for some dead baby jokes . . . but damn, I like the way you think :wink:

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed May 10, 2006 9:23 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:
Iconoclastica wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:

Hell, I was just hoping for some dead baby jokes . . . but damn, I like the way you think :wink:

Perhaps this post-jumping is the catalyst for the major cross-over event. Could all the post-jumping drive Kirk mad...and in an attempt to restore the Zone back to the Perfect Zone of the past, he goes crazy and kills some Glibs.

When its all over, Adam loses his powers, MasterWhedon leaves, and then Icon attempts to rediscover herself.

In the wake of this event, we find out that Uwe Boll was pulling Kirk's strings.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Sun May 14, 2006 2:10 am

Well, I figured what the hell. I picked up Civil War #1 and read it today. Daaammn! Good comic.

I'm not a regular Marvel reader, but I know more than enough about them to follow the story. I didn't know about the Nick Fury thing, for instance, but small details like that were hardly enough to take away from my enjoyment of the book.

(As an aside, though, I gotta try to find that story. Nick Fury leading an overthrow attempt on Latveria sounds kick ass. Has anyone here read it? Where did it show up?)

Definitely does a first-rate job of presenting both sides of the coin. I won't be much help figuring out shit like "Who's In The Daredevil Costume" since I'm not keeping up with their books, but I'll keep doing the main title.

Oh, and as for "Who's Side?" For now, I'm gonna side, as I usually do, with.....

VICTOR VON DOOM!!

Fools!! Doom is no man's lackey!!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Adam Balm on Sun May 14, 2006 3:20 am

I myself, after careful thought, have declared a new allegiance:

Last edited by Adam Balm on Mon May 15, 2006 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Sun May 14, 2006 4:06 am

buster00 wrote:(As an aside, though, I gotta try to find that story. Nick Fury leading an overthrow attempt on Latveria sounds kick ass. Has anyone here read it? Where did it show up?)

That'd be the "Secret War" miniseries that Bendis and Del'Otto did. I haven't read it either, but I think the TPB is out now.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby buster00 on Sun May 14, 2006 5:06 am

Ribbons wrote:
buster00 wrote:(As an aside, though, I gotta try to find that story. Nick Fury leading an overthrow attempt on Latveria sounds kick ass. Has anyone here read it? Where did it show up?)

That'd be the "Secret War" miniseries that Bendis and Del'Otto did. I haven't read it either, but I think the TPB is out now.

Thank you; this clarifies things. Rumpledforeskin threw me when he mentioned Secret Wars (plural, the big toy commercial/crossover mini from the 80's), and I forgot all about Secret War from just a couple of years ago.

And Adam, Brain Slug = Funny! Is that custom made?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun May 14, 2006 9:49 am

Adam Balm wrote:I myself, after careful thought, have declared a new allegience:

FRONTALLOBOTOMIESMAKEEVERYTHINGOKAYILASH!!

Very nice, man . . .

I think I might jump on board as part of my "self-discovery" :-p

And yeah, and in the spirit of interthread crossovers (and impenitrable laziness): Daredevil issue 84 was useless in terms of the debate, I didn't realize that . . . damn bastards drawing this out . . . based on body type I'm still so tempted to say Spidey (even though you people spoiled that fun with the thing about them being in the same room -- a red herring, mayhaps?) . . . though what about someone ridiculously obscure from one of the rejected marvelverses, like one of those 4 college students who assumed random Spider-man identities in the mid 90s (Webspinners or something like that?), or a random member of the X-Men who pops up every now and again? . . . anything to open the door foryet another new crossover arc to be spurned from this whole Civil War ordeal . . . yay for corporate profiteering!!

[grumble grumble hiss hiss]

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Theta on Sun May 14, 2006 11:10 am

Ribbons wrote:

Actually, the TPB has been out for six months, which is kinda funny because the last issue just hit the stands this week.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby buster00 on Mon May 15, 2006 8:31 pm

Theta wrote:That'd be the "Secret War" miniseries that Bendis and Del'Otto did. I haven't read it either, but I think the TPB is out now.

Actually, the TPB has been out for six months, which is kinda funny because the last issue just hit the stands this week.[/quote]

Jeezis, that's gotta be some secret! This war is so secret, even people who are at the comic book shop every week don't know what the hell's goin' on with it...

Maybe it's better left that way...

EDIT -- Sorry to fuck up the quoting on ya, Ribbons and Theta...you know you get yer props...!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon May 15, 2006 8:50 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Iconoclastica wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:
Iconoclastica wrote:mmmm . . . inphanticide . . .

Perhaps this post-jumping is the catalyst for the major cross-over event. Could all the post-jumping drive Kirk mad...and in an attempt to restore the Zone back to the Perfect Zone of the past, he goes crazy and kills some Glibs.

When its all over, Adam loses his powers, MasterWhedon leaves, and then Icon attempts to rediscover herself.

I missed this. Many LASHES, many PAMPS...

And now I leave to rediscover myself...
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon May 15, 2006 9:15 pm

Adam Balm wrote:Image

I defy you, Brain Slug!

Jack's Knob shall overcome!

MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon May 15, 2006 11:21 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
And now I leave to rediscover myself...

Hey! That's my angstful staple! If you don't watch out, I'll go berzerker on your ass . . . or wait, does that give away which side I'm on? I haven't gotten to read CW1 as of yet :oops: :wink:

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Theta on Mon May 15, 2006 11:22 pm

buster00 wrote:Jeezis, that's gotta be some secret! This war is so secret, even people who are at the comic book shop every week don't know what the hell's goin' on with it...

I got news for you, even people who've read the thing aren't sure what's going on.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Iconoclastica on Fri May 19, 2006 11:14 pm

so I decided to include in my sig my true sentiments towards the X-ladies . . . I haven't seen their role in this ordeal as of yet, but I can only anticipate . . .

We all know what would happen if the likes of Harley, Ivy, Batgirl, or Supergirl were in on the war . . . not to mention some of the Vertigo chicks (just imagine Tulip kicking Jean Grey's ass)

:wink:

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri May 19, 2006 11:25 pm

Who wouldn't follow Harley?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby athenabodicea on Fri May 19, 2006 11:32 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:so I decided to include in my sig my true sentiments towards the X-ladies . . . I haven't seen their role in this ordeal as of yet, but I can only anticipate . . .

We all know what would happen if the likes of Harley, Ivy, Batgirl, or Supergirl were in on the war . . . not to mention some of the Vertigo chicks (just imagine Tulip kicking Jean Grey's ass)

Tulip kicking Jean Grey's ass... Have you lost your mind woman????
I mean come on....
Jean Grey, Storm, Rogue, Magma... Hell even the little bitch Kitty Pryde would kick the shit out of those DC snobs...
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri May 19, 2006 11:35 pm

athenabodicea wrote:
Iconoclastica wrote: so I decided to include in my sig my true sentiments towards the X-ladies . . . I haven't seen their role in this ordeal as of yet, but I can only anticipate . . .

I mean come on....
Jean Grey, Storm, Rogue, Magma... Hell even the little bitch Kitty Pryde would kick the shit out of those DC snobs...

Girlfight.

Yum.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Adam Balm on Fri May 19, 2006 11:35 pm

Tulips need the sun to grow. Jean Grey eats sun. Game over.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby athenabodicea on Fri May 19, 2006 11:44 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:so I decided to include in my sig my true sentiments towards the X-ladies . . . I haven't seen their role in this ordeal as of yet, but I can only anticipate . . .

Ok I really love Supergirl though

Behold... X-23...
She can heal herself again and again and again....

Claws are out....
Meow...

Adamantium claws that is...

It's on... :wink:
Last edited by athenabodicea on Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Adam Balm on Fri May 19, 2006 11:51 pm

Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Fri May 19, 2006 11:57 pm

athenabodicea wrote:
Iconoclastica wrote: so I decided to include in my sig my true sentiments towards the X-ladies . . . I haven't seen their role in this ordeal as of yet, but I can only anticipate . . .

I mean come on....

Oh no you didn't! They're annoying, prissy ditzes whose only purpose is to create unnecessary drama . . . I doubt that a single one of them would be capable of torturing someone if it came down to it . . . they're painfully useless, if you ask me

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Adam Balm on Sat May 20, 2006 12:02 am

Iconoclastica wrote:
Oh no you didn't! They're annoying, prissy ditzes whose only purpose is to create unnecessary drama . . . I doubt that a single one of them would be capable of torturing someone if it came down to it . . . they're painfully useless, if you ask me

athenabodicea wrote:
Behold... X-23...
She can heal herself again and again and again....

Claws are out....
Meow...

Adamantium claws that is...

X-23 can SO torture someone to death...
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby athenabodicea on Sat May 20, 2006 12:05 am

Iconoclastica wrote:
athenabodicea wrote:

I mean come on....

Oh no you didn't! They're annoying, prissy, useless ditzes whose only purpose is to create unnecessary drama . . . I doubt that a single one of them would be capable of torturing someone if it came down to it . . . they're useless, if you ask me

Ok so what does Tulip have to stand up to the X-Ladies with... Guns??? ooohh... We're scared.....
And do you really think the evil psyciatrist (Harley Quinn) can penetrate the psyche of Jean Grey??? Come on...
Talk about your whiney bitches... Ivy????

Ok so I love Wonder Woman
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby athenabodicea on Sat May 20, 2006 12:08 am

And just look at who has the hotties...??? ;)

Last edited by athenabodicea on Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Iconoclastica on Sat May 20, 2006 12:14 am

athenabodicea wrote:
Iconoclastica wrote:
athenabodicea wrote:

I mean come on....

Oh no you didn't! They're annoying, prissy, useless ditzes whose only purpose is to create unnecessary drama . . . I doubt that a single one of them would be capable of torturing someone if it came down to it . . . they're useless, if you ask me

Ok so what does Tulip have to stand up to the X-Ladies with... Guns??? ooohh... We're scared.....
And do you really think the evil psyciatrist (Harley Quinn) can penetrate the psyche of Jean Grey??? Come on...

Are you kidding me?! That's like asking who would win in a fight between Batman and Superman . . . Harley and Tulip are infinitely more hard core than any X-bitch, despite their lack of powers. Their lack of powers is what makes them great. You know perfectly well that Jean Grey is an emotional cripple. She's fallen before far less cunning foes than the likes of Harley. And Tulip could kick God in the balls and walk away laughing . . . she's the only chick I'd ever give the credit of possessing Punky Power, and she doesn't just possess it, she defines it. She could just look at Storm or Magma, or even your precious X-23, and make any one of them run away crying like the little pussies that they are.

ok ok, I'll admit, I used to be Rogue when I was a kid playing superheroes with my friends- I can't hate her
Last edited by Iconoclastica on Sat May 20, 2006 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby athenabodicea on Sat May 20, 2006 12:23 am

Iconoclastica wrote:
athenabodicea wrote:
Iconoclastica wrote:
athenabodicea wrote:

I mean come on....

Are you kidding me?! That's like asking who would win in a fight between Batman and Superman . . . Harley and Tulip are infinitely more hard core than any X-bitch, despite their lack of powers. Their lack of powers is what makes them great. You know perfectly well that Jean Grey is an emotional cripple. She's fallen before far less cunning foes than the likes of Harley. And Tulip could kick God in the balls and walk away laughing . . . she's the only chick I'd ever give the credit of possessing Punky Power, and she doesn't just possess it, she defines it. She could just look at Storm or Magma, or even your precious X-23, and make any one of them run away crying like the little pussies that they are.

ok ok, I'll admit, I used to be Rogue when I was a kid playing superheroes with my friends- I can't hate her

Hey I'm not saying DC chicks suck... I think Harley Quinn was once a brilliant mastermind... but she slept with the Joker and is now in a padded cell somewhere in a prison for the criminally insane... If she can't escape her cell how can you even expect her to win a battle with any of the X-Ladies?
As for Jean Grey being emotionally cripple... Do you think it is easy to carry around the powers she has? No... but she hasn't gone mad yet....Or has she... Hahahahaha....

Does God even have balls???
Assuming that God is not a Goddess....

Gonna have to do a little bit of research on your precious little Tulip before I can make any more comments there....
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Books