CIVIL WAR--NEW MASSIVE SPOILERS- BEWARE!!!!!!

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Whose side are you on?

Iron Man
13
14%
Captain America
64
69%
undecided
16
17%
 
Total votes : 93

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat May 27, 2006 7:12 pm

You know, I used to think that Liono was cool... ugh.
User avatar
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER
 
Posts: 14064
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:20 am

Postby athenabodicea on Sat May 27, 2006 11:41 pm

A few more....

For Bucky...
Image

For Pacino...
Image

For MITB...
Image

wait this is better... late entry...lol
Image

For Moo... :shock: lol
Image
Last edited by athenabodicea on Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS
 
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: Hell if I know!!!

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun May 28, 2006 12:12 am

thedoglippedone wrote:Image


Image

Image
User avatar
ONeillSG1
ADAMA
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:23 am
Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Lurker Johnson on Sun May 28, 2006 12:15 am

thedoglippedone wrote:
Image


Enough with the Fark Photoshop shit already. Does Dino have to spank a that ass a?
Image
User avatar
Lurker Johnson
BOMB IN RIBCAGE
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: Ninja College

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun May 28, 2006 12:31 am

athenabodicea wrote:So I was found a bunch of Civil War banners and as I was looking through them I thought about some of you guys... So....here's what I got...

For Iconny (yours is better..but I thought of you when I saw this...lol)
Image


Aww, thanks Athena! . . . I think yours and Adam's are my favorites at the moment . . . with the Saints at a close third :-)

I'm thinking of changing mine to a fight club themed one, though . . .
Image

I am Jack's broken heart
User avatar
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE
 
Posts: 2646
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:42 pm

Postby athenabodicea on Sun May 28, 2006 12:49 am

You definitely should....Have it say something like "I'm with the guy who is hysterically shouting in tongues like at church, and when you wake up Sunday afternoon you feel saved" ;p;

Can you even fit that???

or

"I'm with the dead guy who's no longer a part of Project Mayhem"
ImageImageImage
User avatar
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS
 
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: Hell if I know!!!

Postby Lurker Johnson on Sun May 28, 2006 12:51 am

athenabodicea wrote:
"I'm with the dead guy who's no longer a part of Project Mayhem"


His name is Robert Paulson.

:) :) :)
Image
User avatar
Lurker Johnson
BOMB IN RIBCAGE
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: Ninja College

Postby athenabodicea on Sun May 28, 2006 12:55 am

or "I'm with the guy who has man boobs"...lol
ImageImageImage
User avatar
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS
 
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: Hell if I know!!!

Postby Lurker Johnson on Sun May 28, 2006 12:58 am

athenabodicea wrote:or "I'm with the guy who has man boobs"...lol


We call them "Moobs"

Kinda like Rosie O'Donnell

:wink: :wink: :wink:
Image
User avatar
Lurker Johnson
BOMB IN RIBCAGE
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: Ninja College

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun May 28, 2006 1:09 am

haha I was thinking of putting "I'm with Bob's bitch tits" . . . but this came to mind first (plus I don't really have time to search for good screen shots):

Image
Image

I am Jack's broken heart
User avatar
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE
 
Posts: 2646
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:42 pm

Postby athenabodicea on Sun May 28, 2006 1:11 am

Iconoclastica wrote:haha I was thinking of putting "I'm with Bob's bitch tits" . . . but this came to mind first (plus I don't really have time to search for good screen shots):

Image



Hahahahahaha!!!!!
Nice.....

Dance all night & then throw it away.... Whoo hoo!!!
Last edited by athenabodicea on Sun May 28, 2006 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS
 
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: Hell if I know!!!

Postby Lurker Johnson on Sun May 28, 2006 1:12 am

Iconoclastica wrote:haha I was thinking of putting "I'm with Bob's bitch tits" . . . but this came to mind first (plus I don't really have time to search for good screen shots):

Image


Genius. Ohh shit....
Image
User avatar
Lurker Johnson
BOMB IN RIBCAGE
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: Ninja College

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 am

and as per your requests:

Image

:wink:
Image

I am Jack's broken heart
User avatar
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE
 
Posts: 2646
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:42 pm

Postby athenabodicea on Sun May 28, 2006 1:27 am

Iconoclastica wrote:and as per your requests:

Image

:wink:


I <3 you... lol
ImageImageImage
User avatar
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS
 
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: Hell if I know!!!

Postby Lurker Johnson on Sun May 28, 2006 1:28 am

Iconoclastica wrote:and as per your requests:

Image

:wink:


Seriously:








Awesome.








Nothing else to see here, folks. The awesome well has officially run dry.






Good work, Iconoclastica. :D
Image
User avatar
Lurker Johnson
BOMB IN RIBCAGE
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: Ninja College

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun May 28, 2006 1:33 am

hehe you guys rock . . . you make me feel less guilty for procrastinating the hell out of the evening :-D . . . on that note, I have 100 pages of psychiatry to finish by tomorrow morning, and Fight Club just happens to be on in the background (figured it was relevant :wink:)

good night folks
Image

I am Jack's broken heart
User avatar
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE
 
Posts: 2646
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:42 pm

Postby Adam Balm on Sun May 28, 2006 1:59 am

Night, Iconny.
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Tue May 30, 2006 3:37 am

OK...so I have read the Illuminati special CW #1 She-Hulk #8 and Wolverine #42...did I miss anything in the last couple of weeks? Anyone know what comes out this week? I have been traveling for work so I am a bit behind on the info.
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Image
User avatar
Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: Hollywood Ca

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue May 30, 2006 3:46 am

Hollywood_Bob wrote:OK...so I have read the Illuminati special CW #1 She-Hulk #8 and Wolverine #42...did I miss anything in the last couple of weeks? Anyone know what comes out this week? I have been traveling for work so I am a bit behind on the info.


I believe you missed the New Avengers #19. This week we get Amazing Spider-Man which is a major tie-in with Civil War. Word has it that Peter discusses the possibility of revealing his identity with Aunt May and MJ and that the decision will have a lasting effect in the Marvel U. We shall see I suppose.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Vegeta on Tue May 30, 2006 8:31 pm

Lurker Johnson wrote:
athenabodicea wrote:or "I'm with the guy who has man boobs"...lol


We call them "Moobs"

Kinda like Rosie O'Donnell

:wink: :wink: :wink:


Silky Johnson wrote:"That bitch wears underwear with dick holes in 'em"
User avatar
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY
 
Posts: 6274
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:22 am
Location: U.S.S.A.

Postby Roybertito on Tue May 30, 2006 10:17 pm

I'm working on a new one, if anyone wants it.

It shows "I'm With", but before you can actually see what or who you're with (I'll add that in for the person who wants it, if anyone does want it), it blocks it out with a bunch of Sideshow Collectibles ads, then it shows the AICN logo on the right next to a text block that says "I'm With Ads." It would be an animation, and would end with a final ad before reverting back to the beginning of the loop.
-Roy, Animation Addict

"Is it fear or courage that compels you, boy?" - Megatron, TRANSFORMERS (2007)

Image
User avatar
Roybertito
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: My chair.

Postby King Psyz on Tue May 30, 2006 11:29 pm

good idea!
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?
 
Posts: 4906
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: anywhere but here

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue May 30, 2006 11:54 pm

In the latest edition of Lying In The Gutters over at CBR I read an interesting theory about Civil War.

POTENTIAL CONSPIRACY SPOILERS!!!!!!

Long story short...someone connected the dots and deduced the possibility of Iron Man being the grand conspirator behind this whole thing. It is just a theory...but would be awesome if its true. To read the whole thing head here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

If you have to scroll down a bit...but still interesting stuff.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Adam Balm on Wed May 31, 2006 12:31 am

Yeah I read that. His logic makes a lot of sense, and it would definitely 'shake things up' But the problem is everyone at Marvel, from Millar to Quesada, has been saying 1) that there's no mustache twirler behind the scenes pulling the strings and 2) that neither side would be portrayed as 'bad'. Making Iron Man do those things and turn into a villain would definitely be doing that.
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed May 31, 2006 12:40 am

Adam Balm wrote:Yeah I read that. His logic makes a lot of sense, and it would definitely 'shake things up' But the problem is everyone at Marvel, from Millar to Quesada, has been saying 1) that there's no mustache twirler behind the scenes pulling the strings and 2) that neither side would be portrayed as 'bad'. Making Iron Man do those things and turn into a villain would definitely be doing that.


Excellent points AB. Do I expect it to happen? Nope. Would it be pretty cool? HELL YEAH.

I am really curious to see how Civil War holds up as a series. The first issue was alright, but can it sustain itself through 7 issues, plus the 11 issue Frontline series, PLUS all of the other tie-in's. My faith in Marvel cross-over events is completely gone after the last couple of attempts. Hopefully this will benefit from having Millar behind the reigns as opposed to Bendis.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Adam Balm on Wed May 31, 2006 12:45 am

Leckomaniac wrote:Excellent points AB. Do I expect it to happen? Nope. Would it be pretty cool? HELL YEAH.


Hey, you know what I just remembered actually? Right after they killed off Magneto, Quesada was all 'dead is dead. period. end of story.' And then you find out it was the plan all along to bring back Magneto, it was even in Morrison's original pitch I believe. He was BSing the whole time to keep the surprise from being spoiled.

Would anyone be surprised if that wasn't the last time? Hmmm. Who knows, Rich may actually be on to something.
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed May 31, 2006 12:54 am

Adam Balm wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:Excellent points AB. Do I expect it to happen? Nope. Would it be pretty cool? HELL YEAH.


Hey, you know what I just remembered actually? Right after they killed off Magneto, Quesada was all 'dead is dead. period. end of story.' And then you find out it was the plan all along to bring back Magneto, it was even in Morrison's original pitch I believe. He was BSing the whole time to keep the surprise from being spoiled.

Would anyone be surprised if that wasn't the last time? Hmmm.


I was thinking the same thing. Look at the Fantastic Four: Death In The Family One-Shot. They kept saying "This is the real deal" and "This isn't a hoax or a dream" and after all that hype it was STILL a cop out in the end. I mean how cliche is TIME TRAVEL. Ugh. Marvel has a tendency to do that. So I suppose I should take everything they say with a grain of salt.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Adam Balm on Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:24 pm

With one week before Civil War #2 hits, Marvel has released the second trailer.

click here.

This is probably the best introduction yet for those wondering what all this Civil War crap is about. So for the still uninitiated, click above.
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:28 pm

Civil War Frontline was released today I believe.
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Image
User avatar
Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: Hollywood Ca

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:12 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:In the latest edition of Lying In The Gutters over at CBR I read an interesting theory about Civil War.

POTENTIAL CONSPIRACY SPOILERS!!!!!!

Long story short...someone connected the dots and deduced the possibility of Iron Man being the grand conspirator behind this whole thing. It is just a theory...but would be awesome if its true. To read the whole thing head here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

If you have to scroll down a bit...but still interesting stuff.


ughh, no, I like Tony/Iron Man because he can be morally ambiguous at times and is a complex character, but to make him an out and out bad guy...please no.
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:12 pm

Hollywood_Bob wrote:Civil War Frontline was released today I believe.


I've read Civil War 1 and a couple of the lead-ins. Anybody know what Frontline is about, how it works into the overall arc?
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby Adam Balm on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:17 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
Hollywood_Bob wrote:Civil War Frontline was released today I believe.


I've read Civil War 1 and a couple of the lead-ins. Anybody know what Frontline is about, how it works into the overall arc?


Well Frontline supposedly the events of Civil War, expanded and told from a human perspective.

From the sounds of it, what you absolutely need to appreciate what's going on is Civil War, Frontline, and the arc in New Avengers where each issue focuses on a different member and what's going through their head.

Hopefully it'll all be collected into a single edition later on...
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:23 pm

Adam Balm wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:
Hollywood_Bob wrote:Civil War Frontline was released today I believe.


I've read Civil War 1 and a couple of the lead-ins. Anybody know what Frontline is about, how it works into the overall arc?


Well Frontline supposedly the events of Civil War, expanded and told from a human perspective.

From the sounds of it, what you absolutely need to appreciate what's going on is Civil War, Frontline, and the arc in New Avengers where each issue focuses on a different member and what's going through their head.

Hopefully it'll all be collected into a single edition later on...


Sounds like a great move by Marvel, I keep hearing that Civil War is driving many who haven't bought a comic in years to the comic shop. I'm one of them. Guess I'll go pick up Frontline too...
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:40 pm

Sounds like a great move by Marvel, I keep hearing that Civil War is driving many who haven't bought a comic in years to the comic shop. I'm one of them. Guess I'll go pick up Frontline to...


I agree...this event is what has brought me back to the comic shop and I have enjoyed not only getting the CW stuff but going back and reading some really cool stuff like Astonishing Xmen, and some Indy stuff that I have missed over the years.
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Image
User avatar
Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: Hollywood Ca

Postby buster00 on Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:38 am

I picked up Frontline today. Very good comic.

Iron Man's press conference will have RAMIFICATIONS, see.

RAMIFICATIONS!

And one o' those New Warriors apparently survived the blast...

See Above!
User avatar
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6401
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:12 pm

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:08 am

buster00 wrote:I picked up Frontline today. Very good comic.

Iron Man's press conference will have RAMIFICATIONS, see.

RAMIFICATIONS!

And one o' those New Warriors apparently survived the blast...

See Above!


I have also read the book...along with Spidey #532...after reading Frontline, I will need to read it again to see who goes first exactly, but I agree both of these books and the decisions that are made will have significant ramifications. I am now curious how these events will effect the XMEN, as most of their Identities are already known either by the government and/or the public.
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Image
User avatar
Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: Hollywood Ca

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:19 am

Hollywood_Bob wrote:
Sounds like a great move by Marvel, I keep hearing that Civil War is driving many who haven't bought a comic in years to the comic shop. I'm one of them. Guess I'll go pick up Frontline to...


I agree...this event is what has brought me back to the comic shop and I have enjoyed not only getting the CW stuff but going back and reading some really cool stuff like Astonishing Xmen, and some Indy stuff that I have missed over the years.


Actually, I DID start reading Astonishing prior to Civil War, thanks to our resident Cyclops, MW.
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:02 pm

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

Civil War #2 comes out today, and apparently the New York Post has already spoiled the big reveal at the end of the issue. Newsarama has it up, but they're putting up a GINORMO SPOILER WARNING!!

I was tempted, so I peeked. And then I stared with wide eyes.

All I can say is that it's a brilliant, bold movie that should pay off in some incredible new stories, taking one of comicdom's greatest characters into truly NEW territory.

IT'S A MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR SPOILER!!!

I WOULD RECOMMEND WAITING IF YOU'RE GOING TO PICK UP THE ISSUE!!


But if you're like me and can't wait, here it is.
User avatar
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Vegeta on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:18 pm

Holy Crap!
User avatar
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY
 
Posts: 6274
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:22 am
Location: U.S.S.A.

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:19 pm

Vegeta wrote:Holy Crap!

I KNOW!!

Don't say it though!
User avatar
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Vegeta on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:24 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Vegeta wrote:Holy Crap!

I KNOW!!

Don't say it though!


No worries, I always try to follow the tiny font rule if spoilers are included.
User avatar
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY
 
Posts: 6274
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:22 am
Location: U.S.S.A.

Postby DennisMM on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:29 pm

Not bloody likely. Maybe Stark is a super-villain and is warping minds.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING
 
Posts: 16808
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Watchin' the reels go 'round and 'round

Postby King Psyz on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:33 pm

WHAT THE SHIT!?

Image
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?
 
Posts: 4906
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: anywhere but here

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:55 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Vegeta wrote:Holy Crap!

I KNOW!!

Don't say it though!


Wow that is a bold fucking move! I may go pick up this Civil War thing now.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 7660
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 am

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:03 pm

DennisMM wrote:Not bloody likely. Maybe Stark is a super-villain and is warping minds.

If they fold back onto themselves with some bullshit like Stark being evil and manipulating this whole thing--which I genuinely don't believe--it will be the cop out to end all cop outs.

This new direction is too strong a concept to leave it as just a tease.
User avatar
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:05 pm

I thought Spider-Man had some sort of Iron Man suit now? What happened to that?
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:13 pm

Fried Gold wrote:I thought Spider-Man had some sort of Iron Man suit now? What happened to that?

He does. He wore it in Civil War #1 (and in his ongoing series), but the cover of issue #2 leads one to believe his conflict over chosing sides leads him to change back to his old costume.
User avatar
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:31 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

Civil War #2 comes out today, and apparently the New York Post has already spoiled the big reveal at the end of the issue. Newsarama has it up, but they're putting up a GINORMO SPOILER WARNING!!

I was tempted, so I peeked. And then I stared with wide eyes.

All I can say is that it's a brilliant, bold movie that should pay off in some incredible new stories, taking one of comicdom's greatest characters into truly NEW territory.

IT'S A MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR SPOILER!!!

I WOULD RECOMMEND WAITING IF YOU'RE GOING TO PICK UP THE ISSUE!!


But if you're like me and can't wait, here it is.


Wha WHA WHAAAAAT???

Dang. (How much you wanna bet there'll be an eventual reversal of this;
like someone shoots an MIB-esque Forget-o-Beam to all and sundry in the
mighty Marvelverse...)

I'm not in the loop on the CIVIL WAR thing, really, other than my sig,
but I like the concept; I'm assuming the XMen are all against the
registration act? You can spoil me, I don't mind; I'm always late on these
Big Deal stories...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2467
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:28 pm

Postby Nordling on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:40 pm

Dammit... they did it. They finally did it. Marvel sucked me back in.

Son-of-a-bitch.

Marvel, you better stick to your fucking guns and not change this. If you do... man, I'm gonna jack off on Stan Lee's corpse. (Yeah, I know, he ain't dead yet, give it time.)

If they keep this, it's a ballsy move, and way overdue, honestly.
User avatar
Nordling
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2092
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:39 am
Location: Missouri City, TX

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:43 pm

Nordling wrote:If they keep this, it's a ballsy move, and way overdue, honestly.

True f-in' dat.

My biggest complaint in the comic book worlds is that nothing changes. The status quo is always maintained by some last-minte deus ex change-it-all-back. Frankly, it's a bit lame.

THIS is genuine change.
User avatar
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Books

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests