CIVIL WAR--NEW MASSIVE SPOILERS- BEWARE!!!!!!

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Whose side are you on?

Iron Man
14%
Captain America
69%
undecided
17%

Total votes : 93

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:28 pm

I'm too lazy to look it up...so I will just ask you MW...do you know who is writing the X-Men: CW story?

I just found out that neither Vaughn, nor Heinberg are going to be writing the Runaways/Young Avengers tie-in and that just made me sad.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:30 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:I'm too lazy to look it up...so I will just ask you MW...do you know who is writing the X-Men: CW story?

Written by David Hine, art by Yanick Paquette (who?).

Leckomaniac wrote:I just found out that neither Vaughn, nor Heinberg are going to be writing the Runaways/Young Avengers tie-in and that just made me sad.

Yeah, me too. Still looks fun though.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:34 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:I'm too lazy to look it up...so I will just ask you MW...do you know who is writing the X-Men: CW story?

Written by David Hine, art by Yanick Paquette (who?).

Leckomaniac wrote:I just found out that neither Vaughn, nor Heinberg are going to be writing the Runaways/Young Avengers tie-in and that just made me sad.

Yeah, me too. Still looks fun though.

Thanks!

I love the idea of a Runaways/Young Avengers crossover. So I will definitely be picking it up.

A proper crossover...written by either Vaughn or Heinberg NEEDS to happen sometime down the line. There is just way too much potential.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:37 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Should I be picking up Frontline? I've avoided it thus far, as I really don't care much for Sally What's Her Name from Generation M. I figured maybe I'll read it in trade at some point, but is it worth my time to read now?

It's much more interesting than the main book, because it's about people, not superbeings. Issue #1 was a bit of slow going but still strong. Issue #2 was remarkable in spite of the brevity of the four stories. As I wrote above, #2 makes it relatively clear which side Millar is on when it comes to the act, no matter how he may side with the individual characters.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Iconoclastica on Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:39 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:I will be picking up Civil War: X-Men as I'm rather intrigued as to how--MILD SPOILER!!--Bishop, the government-fearing, war-torn soldier from the future, ends up on the pro-registration side.

yeah man, I gotta admit, I’m kinda digging this widespread ironic placement of people onto the side you’d least expect them to be on . . . should make for some creative justifications, even if some of them are difficult to swallow . . . yay for writers actually taking risks for once (I suppose with this entire event, that’s sort of an enormous understatement, though, which just makes me very very happy) :-D

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Iconoclastica on Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:51 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:HA! I bet someone from Marvel is reading this going "THANK GOD!" with dollar signs in his eyes. We are practically doing all of their promotional work for them.

It just goes to show that if you put out a quality product...you don't have to work as hard to sell it. The nerd community will do that for you.

touché, man.

And MW- just for an idea of a broader scope of opinions, Frontline 1 took a while to catch on, but Frontline 2 was sold out of my comic book shop within four days of its release, and yesterday I picked up the third to last issue of Frontline 3 off the shelf, which came out this past Wednesday.

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby DennisMM on Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:57 pm

I have a feeling it just won't mean that much in another five years. Look at what happened with the X-books. Morrison, et al. took them away from superhero activity into the "rescue/emergency" genre and dumped the spandex in lieu of the movie-inspired black leather. Three years later, Whedon had Cyclops say the black leather was scaring people and they needed to help mutants with a strong public image -- so they started fighting monsters again.

How long will it be before the 198 become many hundreds? Before the Iron Spider suit is gone and Peter isn't an Avenger anymore? 37 years of comics say to me that no matter how much impact they intend an event like this to have, it will dissipate within a handful of years.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:01 pm

Oh yeah I know what you mean Dennis. A few years is what I meant by "long term"...I simply meant that the last issue wouldn't do some time-travel/mind wipe thing.

They will play this whole "spidey-unmasked", civil war brewing, thing for a few years.

I mean look at Iron Man. He "revealed" his identity to the world...but he had ALREADY done that...then announced he retired...and then had to re-reveal his identity (and mention that he is an alcoholic...which was an AWESOME bit I might add).

Marvel "events" tend to have a short shelf life.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:07 pm

I agree, Dennis, but I feel like knowing that, I don't really mind if the aftermath is residual with these things any longer . . . at least it's something huge and exciting for now, that will undoubtably be referenced in the future, regardless of how longlasting the specific changes are.

On the other hand, personally, the one comic I've consistently been unable to rid myself of a subscription to is Amazing Spider-Man . . . and as long as there isn't a mind wipe, I can't imagine the consequences of his unveiling ever completely dissipating . . .

EDIT: Goddammit I did it again with the redundancy :-p

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby wheredidigo111 on Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:11 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
wheredidigo111 wrote: After two overhyped issues. I may be wrong but it feel like it's losing it's power over everyone. I find myself not caring about it. The frist one... Well it's the frst one. We all got to get the frist one because it's the frist one. Who cares if it's good or bad. Number #2? Well the only good one in the issue was Spider-Man unmask then seeing the Spider-Man fans go crazy over it.

That's all past what is there now. All we get is superheroes beating the crap out ethother. And the Villains taking over. Well that's what happenes when there are no heroes around. Villains come in and kill everyone. All because the superheroes are killing one another.

Even if it's as simple as you describe it, that's still a really compelling story.

And I personally think there was a hell of a lot going on in both Civil War #1 and #2. They're just meant to sew the seeds. This sucker is barely getting off the ground, and it's going to be HUGE.

Here what I'm trying to say WHAT ABOUT THE FUCKING VILLAINS???
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Iconoclastica on Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:14 pm

wheredidigo111 wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:
wheredidigo111 wrote: After two overhyped issues. I may be wrong but it feel like it's losing it's power over everyone. I find myself not caring about it. The frist one... Well it's the frst one. We all got to get the frist one because it's the frist one. Who cares if it's good or bad. Number #2? Well the only good one in the issue was Spider-Man unmask then seeing the Spider-Man fans go crazy over it.

That's all past what is there now. All we get is superheroes beating the crap out ethother. And the Villains taking over. Well that's what happenes when there are no heroes around. Villains come in and kill everyone. All because the superheroes are killing one another.

Even if it's as simple as you describe it, that's still a really compelling story.

And I personally think there was a hell of a lot going on in both Civil War #1 and #2. They're just meant to sew the seeds. This sucker is barely getting off the ground, and it's going to be HUGE.

IT'S CALLED SUSPENSE . . . wait for it, man . . . wait for it.

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:16 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:
wheredidigo111 wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:

IT'S CALLED SUSPENSE . . . wait for it, man . . . wait for it.

Wait for it.......................... NOW!!

There they are! In issue #5!!
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:48 pm

Oh, no she DI'N'T!!

Michael Turner's variant cover to Civil War #6 after the jump.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby DennisMM on Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:08 pm

It's just a running-away kind of thing. Trust me; Sue would never cheat on Reed were she in her right mind.
DennisMM

Postby buster00 on Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:47 pm

wheredidigo111 wrote:

The current issue of Thunderbolts seems to contain the seeds of a devious Baron Zemo plot...

And the new Sensational Spider-Man has some reaction from Doc Ock (with excellent Clayton Crain art, I might add).
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Theta on Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:45 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:It just goes to show that if you put out a quality product...you don't have to work as hard to sell it.

That explains why it seems every Newbury Comics in Boston is festooned with Civil War plugs.

Okay, not really, but they are pimping this thing pretty hard.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Adam Balm on Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:13 pm

Okay, overall I like Civil War but I'm having serious problems with it. And specifically, after reading CW:F #3, I got some bones to pick over Civil War: Frontline.

One thing that a lot of brit comic writers have done and keep doing since Watchmen is the 'ironic juxtaposition' of text in captions over some other visual scene. Moore stopped doing this in From Hell because like all the tricks he had developed, they were now absorbed by the mob and collectively they had quickly become clichéd and played out. It's not clever anymore when you have a song playing on the radio that is ironically mirroring what's going on in a scene. It's not brilliant when you copy and paste some poem or work of classic literature, and slap it over some guys in bright tights beating up on eachother. It's pretentious, it's self-conscious, it's boring, it's unimaginitive, it's common and it feels like you're desperate to impress us.

Okay Paul Jenkins, I get that you think you're making some grand statement by showing examples of past war and trying to correlate it with what's going on here. The problem is that you're not really examining anything with any kind of depth. There isn't really enough space to do so anyway. So in the end it comes off as shallow and ham-fisted. As if to say 'Look, I'm relavent! I'm not just writing some superhero stunt to sell more comics. I'm a social commentator!'

Okay, rant over. I just hate this kind of things where brilliant creators go lazy and rely on someone else's old bag of tricks to look better.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:38 pm

Do you mean CW #2, AB?

Yeah, that bit lost me. I enjoyed the rest of the issue.
DennisMM

Postby Adam Balm on Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:42 pm

Well, in Civil War: Frontline #3, he did something similar with a poem about war and he juxtapositioned it with images from World War One (When the poem was written) and images of Stamford and the aftermath. Uggh....
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:27 pm

I missed #3? Damn. Gotta get to the store and add that.
DennisMM

Postby Iconoclastica on Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:31 pm

Adam Balm wrote:Okay, overall I like Civil War but I'm having serious problems with it. And specifically, after reading CW:F #3, I got some bones to pick over Civil War: Frontline.

One thing that a lot of brit comic writers have done and keep doing since Watchmen is the 'ironic juxtaposition' of text in captions over some other visual scene. Moore stopped doing this in From Hell because like all the tricks he had developed, they were now absorbed by the mob and collectively they had quickly become clichéd and played out. It's not clever anymore when you have a song playing on the radio that is ironically mirroring what's going on in a scene. It's not brilliant when you copy and paste some poem or work of classic literature, and slap it over some guys in bright tights beating up on eachother. It's pretentious, it's self-conscious, it's boring, it's unimaginitive, it's common and it feels like you're desperate to impress us.

Okay Paul Jenkins, I get that you think you're making some grand statement by showing examples of past war and trying to correlate it with what's going on here. The problem is that you're not really examining anything with any kind of depth. There isn't really enough space to do so anyway. So in the end it comes off as shallow and ham-fisted. As if to say 'Look, I'm relavent! I'm not just writing some superhero stunt to sell more comics. I'm a social commentator!'

Okay, rant over. I just hate this kind of things where brilliant creators go lazy and rely on someone else's old bag of tricks to look better.

[note: okay, there are a couple of beers in me, and going back reading this over, I'm not sure if it makes sense - sorry if it doesn't, or if I'm totally off the mark, which is very very possible :oops:]

While I agree with you that this is no longer an innovative technique, and yes, it is pretentious, I disagree about the nature of it. At least they're making some sort of historical commentary on the situation without completely rubbing our noses in the message (i.e. you MUST agree that what these characters did is wrong, while these characters are in the right, because this is what happened during this historical war, etc.). The topic is unavoidably political (in much more blatant sore spots than usual), and I think that really scares the Marvel execs. So, instead of just preaching about modern governmental mistakes and triumphs, the writers are at least attempting to bring some perspective, humanity, and historical parallels into the situation to get their points across. I wouldn't be surprised if they are being told what they can and cannot say about certain situations due to both political implications and, well, too much spoiling of the slowly unfolding plot.

I also like the historical parallels, just because it gets you guessing about what twists might come about. While I do prefer finding parallels without having them told to the reader, I won't complain about the writers jumpstarting the thought process if they so desire (haha, I guess it's lazy reading in addition to lazy writing?). Will Spidey embody Brutus? Will things be resolved in the end with some sort of Treaty of Versailles and the formation of a sort of League of Nations? While I'll admit that it would have been nice to see some more unique styles of story telling, I feel like Frontline is an appropriate venue for this sort of thing (rather than the other titles).

With regard to what you're saying about these talented writers failing to examine anything intently, I'm hoping that with the substantial amount of story left to be told, they're still trying to hold back a bit on details of that sort, and just now skimming the surface. Regardless of whether or not they live up to these hopes of a more thorough investigation, at least they're not just leaving it at the point of money-making hackfest . . . there is definitely a profound story to be told. :-)

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby mushookie on Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:22 pm

I'm going to buy Civil War 2...
Is it as good as the first, or better?
mushookie
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Location: The land where Alice Cooper's "Frankenstien" will never be fed.

Postby Petri on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:28 am

mushookie wrote:I'm going to buy Civil War 2...

Better and #3 is supposed to be even better. Oh Wednesday, come soon.
Petri
REAL DRAGON

Postby papalazeru on Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:08 am

Is it this Wednesday?

What are the release dates for all the comics?
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:23 am

papalazeru wrote:Is it this Wednesday?

If you are interested in which comics will be released on Wed. I will direct you to the New Comics Wednesday! thread. I update it each week so.

http://zone.aintitcool.com/viewtopic.php?p=235239#235239
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:31 am

I'm interested to see the big twist this week.

Cap and Co. better get the revolution rolling.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Vegeta on Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:45 am

Leckomaniac wrote:

If you are interested in which comics will be released on Wed. I will direct you to the New Comics Wednesday! thread. I update it each week so.

Holy cow, looks like I'll be spending about $30.00 at the ol' comic book store this week. Tons of good reading ahead. :D
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:53 am

Vegeta wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:

Holy cow, looks like I'll be spending about $30.00 at the ol' comic book store this week. Tons of good reading ahead. :D

Ugh. I know. Between buying new comics and trying to catch up on old trades...I am going to be broke in no time.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pudie on Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:09 pm

Petri wrote:
mushookie wrote:I'm going to buy Civil War 2...

Just read #3. It slows down a bit, but the Speedball arc gets better and better.
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby wendellvaughn on Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:54 pm

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. THERE'S A CONSPIRACY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WHOLE BLASTED CONFLICT!!!

This isn't a knock. I like the series, but everything preceding it seems to have an aura of "excessive convenience."
wendellvaughn
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:21 pm

wendellvaughn wrote:I've said it before, and I'll say it again. THERE'S A CONSPIRACY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WHOLE BLASTED CONFLICT!!!

This isn't a knock. I like the series, but everything preceding it seems to have an aura of "excessive convenience."

Explain please.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Petri on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:23 pm

Pudie wrote:
Petri wrote:
mushook ie wrote:I'm going to buy Civil War 2...

Just read #3. It slows down a bit, but the Speedball arc gets better and better.

Wait, Civil War #3 or Frontline #3?
Petri
REAL DRAGON

Postby Vegeta on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:57 pm

My conspiracy guess:

Scarlet Witch's craxy ass anyone?
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:31 pm

Civil War 3 comes out tomorrow I believe...
Frontline 3 is already out...
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Pudie on Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:32 pm

Petri wrote:
Pudie wrote:
Petri\" ][quote=\"mushook ie wrote:I'm going to buy Civil War 2...

Wait, Civil War #3 or Frontline #3?[/quote]

Frontline
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:58 pm

I'm on SheHulk's side......lol

I was going to buy that issue but I didnt & now I wish I had....
Did anyone read it????
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Theta on Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:04 pm

Vegeta wrote:My conspiracy guess:

Scarlet Witch's craxy ass anyone?

Why not? I don't know what she did to become Marvel's favorite punching bag, but considering how badly written this series is so far, yeah, that's the deus ex machina they're going to trot out.

Ugh, "Avengers Disassembled." That shit sucked worse than "Heroes Reborn."
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:41 pm

Just finished reading Civil War #3. MAN do I love this series. I really got into this issue. And how about that final panel?!??! They gave it away a bit early with that "codename" crap...but still a cool reveal. Can't wait for issue #4. This has really got me excited.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:44 pm

Grrrr . . . the UPS offices in my part of the state were hit by lightening last night, so no where within an hour of me was able to receive the shipments of new comics today . . . grrrr.

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:09 pm

I'm a little annoyed that they are trying to sell their flagging comics along with this. Who is going to buy She-Hulk once this is all over?

I mean...I love Civil war and everything I just dont see other people getting involved with the other comics. I havent got that mouch money to spend on comics once a month, its quite pricey.

papalazeru

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:15 pm

papalazeru wrote:I'm a little annoyed that they are trying to sell their flagging comics along with this. Who is going to buy She-Hulk once this is all over?

I mean...I love Civil war and everything I just dont see other people getting involved with the other comics. I havent got that mouch money to spend on comics once a month, its quite pricey.

First, She-Hulk has been a great read so far. Dan Slott has really done an excellent job with She-Hulk...its just a shame more people aren't buying it. Sadly, it will probably end up cancelled soon like Slott's other great comic The Thing.

Second, you don't need to buy the other titles to enjoy CW. They are just extra reading to help you understand a certain characters motivation. So, no need to worry your wallet.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:25 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:Just finished reading Civil War #3. MAN do I love this series. I really got into this issue. And how about that final panel?!??! They gave it away a bit early with that "codename" crap...but still a cool reveal. Can't wait for issue #4. This has really got me excited.

Spoilers?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:38 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:Just finished reading Civil War #3. MAN do I love this series. I really got into this issue. And how about that final panel?!??! They gave it away a bit early with that "codename" crap...but still a cool reveal. Can't wait for issue #4. This has really got me excited.

Spoilers?

Are you asking me for spoilers? I didn't want to post anything that would ruin it for anyone else. If you want I can post spoilers in tiny text.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:49 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
papalazeru wrote:I'm a little annoyed that they are trying to sell their flagging comics along with this. Who is going to buy She-Hulk once this is all over?

First, She-Hulk has been a great read so far. Dan Slott has really done an excellent job with She-Hulk...its just a shame more people aren't buying it. Sadly, it will probably end up cancelled soon like Slott's other great comic The Thing.

Second, you don't need to buy the other titles to enjoy CW. They are just extra reading to help you understand a certain characters motivation. So, no need to worry your wallet.

Thanks for that, Its all an intersting read but Im just wondering whats going to happen after civil war. Are these comics going to die a death or are more people going to be buying them?

papalazeru

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:54 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:

Spoilers?

Are you asking me for spoilers? I didn't want to post anything that would ruin it for anyone else. If you want I can post spoilers in tiny text.

Tiny Text Away.

This does say Spoilers in the title, right?

EDIT: It does. Spoil away.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:56 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:[quot e="papalazeru"]I'm a little annoyed that they are trying to sell their flagging comics along with this. Who is going to buy She-Hulk once this is all over?

Thanks for that, Its all an intersting read but Im just wondering whats going to happen after civil war. Are these comics going to die a death or are more people going to be buying them?[/quote]

Heroes For Hire is going to be a new book born out of CIVIL WAR. There are a few others as well. As for She-Hulk...my guess is that after Civil War that book will go back to being as silly and fun as it was before Civil War. If it didn't that would be a shame.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:04 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:

Spoilers?

Tiny Text Away.

SPOILERS IN TINY TEXT!

The book begins right after Spidey unmasks. Reed asks the Black Panther to join a new task force to hunt down the resistance movement...he says no. Again, Reed is acting like a dick...after all these years of marriage he become OBLIVIOUS to Sue's needs? I don't like how he is being portrayed at all...but thankfully this scene doesn't last very long. Stark tries to convince Emma Frost and the X-Men to join but she says no...but Bishop apparently feels differently. The next scene shows us the 4 main resistance members in their new "secret identities"...fun stuff. Plus...is that the new DD? The burning fire was so obviously a trap...but the showdown between Cap and Iron Man is INTENSE! Freakin' awesome fight scene in this one. The final panel reveals the identity of "codename: Lightning"...S.H.I.E.L.D's secret weapon...you guess it...FUCKING THOR!!!!!!!!

Like I said...great issue...love the pace of this bad boy. Hopefully, it will keep moving along.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:06 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:

Spoilers?

Tiny Text Away.

SPOILERS IN TINY TEXT!

The book begins right after Spidey unmasks. Reed asks the Black Panther to join a new task force to hunt down the resistance movement...he says no. Again, Reed is acting like a dick...after all these years of marriage he become OBLIVIOUS to Sue's needs? I don't like how he is being portrayed at all...but thankfully this scene doesn't last very long. Stark tries to convince Emma Frost and the X-Men to join but she says no...but Bishop apparently feels differently. The next scene shows us the 4 main resistance members in their new "secret identities"...fun stuff. Plus...is that the new DD? The burning fire was so obviously a trap...but the showdown between Cap and Iron Man is INTENSE! Freakin' awesome fight scene in this one. The final panel reveals the identity of "codename: Lightning"...S.H.I.E.L.D's secret weapon...you guess it...FUCKING THOR!!!!!!!!

Like I said...great issue...love the pace of this bad boy. Hopefully, it will keep moving along.

I must buy this immediately.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:09 pm

INDEED!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Petri on Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:43 pm

Just finished reading #3 as well. Man oh man, it just keeps getting better. Tony Stark is an asshole.
Petri
REAL DRAGON

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Books