CIVIL WAR--NEW MASSIVE SPOILERS- BEWARE!!!!!!

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Whose side are you on?

Iron Man
14%
Captain America
69%
undecided
17%

Total votes : 93

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:03 am

Petri wrote:Tony Stark is an asshole.

Except that he's not.

Tony tried to talk Cap down, to get him to reason one last time before things got nuts. Cap opted for a sucker punch and in turn got his ass handed to him. Seriously, the floor was wiped clean with resistance folk this battle.

For those of you who've read #3, check out the super-secret cover to #4 that was revealed today at Newsarama. Here's the cover and Michael Turner's variant. Pretty freakin' awesome, no?

The scope, the feel, the pace of this thing is spot-on perfect. This is the one I'll be comparing every crossover to from now on.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:08 am

MasterWhedon wrote:

Except that he's not.

Tony tried to talk Cap down, to get him to reason one last time before things got nuts. Cap opted for a sucker punch and in turn got his ass handed to him. Seriously, the floor was wiped clean with resistance folk this battle.

For those of you who've read #3, check out the super-secret cover to #4 that was revealed today at Newsarama. Here's the cover and Michael Turner's variant. Pretty freakin' awesome, no?

The scope, the feel, the pace of this thing is spot-on perfect. This is the one I'll be comparing every crossover to from now on.

Yeah MW I saw that cover too. Looks amazing. I can't wait to see how this series ends. I mean each issue just keeps getting bigger and bigger. After each issue I am left feeling like "wow things are going to EXPLODE next issue" and then they DO explode...but I am still left with that same feeling! Its so exciting.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:23 am

MINOR SPOILERS AND SPECULATION FOR CIVIL WAR #4

Tom Brevoort said this of Civil War #4: "Okay, we've already said that issue #4 includes a death, a funeral, a betrayal and a team reborn. So somebody's not making it out of the book in one piece, and you're about to see a major status quo shift for both a team and a book in the Marvel U."

Is this where Sure and Reed split? Is this where the New Avengers are officially kaput? And could the Old Avengers (before Cap) be the team reborn?

Very exciting...
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:26 am

MasterWhedon wrote:MINOR SPOILERS AND SPECULATION FOR CIVIL WAR #4

Tom Brevoort said this of Civil War #4: "Okay, we've already said that issue #4 includes a death, a funeral, a betrayal and a team reborn. So somebody's not making it out of the book in one piece, and you're about to see a major status quo shift for both a team and a book in the Marvel U."

Is this where Sure and Reed split? Is this where the New Avengers are officially kaput? And could the Old Avengers (before Cap) be the team reborn?

Very exciting...

Oh. Snap.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Petri on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:19 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:

Except that he's not.

Yeah I know. I just want Cap to win.
Petri
REAL DRAGON

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:41 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:

Except that he's not.

Yeah, took out two of his team, then wanted to "talk". They made it so Cap's team couldn't get away, had 'em cornered, and then wants to smoke the peace pipe?

Tell me, if Cap had listened, and still disagreed, what would've happened next?

And yeah, they got whupped, but they were ambushed, outnumbered and lacking firepower.

Gotta second Lecko (who was seconding teh Balm), the characterization of Reed overthrows everything that's ever been established about him.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:47 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:Gotta second Lecko (who was seconding teh Balm), the characterization of Reed overthrows everything that's ever been established about him.

For me, this is the one black mark on the entire series. For the most part I have loved all that has been going on. It is really good drama...and it is really exciting. But I love Reed...and they are just absolutely destroying his character. I mean after ALL of these years he isn't the least bit concerned that his BROTHER-IN-LAW and teammate is in the hospital? These guys have been through so much together...to ask us to believe that Reed is that selfish is just...well it is wrong. Same goes for the whole Sue thing...Reed loves Sue more than anything...even more than his work...his love for Sue is that strong...now we are to believe that his feeling for Sue are fleeting.

Ugh. Lets hope this gets remedied fast.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:57 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:

Except that he's not.

Yeah, took out two of his team, then wanted to "talk". They made it so Cap's team couldn't get away, had 'em cornered, and then wants to smoke the peace pipe?

Tell me, if Cap had listened, and still disagreed, what would've happened next?

And yeah, they got whupped, but they were ambushed, outnumbered and lacking firepower.

Well, yes, I agree with all your points. Tony's strategy was smart as hell, if a little brutal. He wanted to offer Cap one last opportunity to get out of things peacefully... if he'd go along with them.

It wasn't "let's talk this through," it was "you're with us or you're going down."
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:39 pm

Whedo, did you read the X-Men tie-ins?

How did the meeting that Emma alluded to with Tony go down?

Interesting stance the muties are taking..."we won't leave our compound / we're sittin' this one out".

'Cuz for this "war" to get interesting, Cap's sides gonna need some more firepower.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:59 pm

Yeah, I read #1 and it's really pretty bad.

SPOILERS!!

But, honestly, feel free to read them because you shouldn't spend money on this book.

The meeting doesn't happen in the issue. In fact, the issue takes place right after Civil War #3, with Bishop already having allied himself with Tony.

It opens with Domino leading Shatterstar and Caliban in an attack on the Institute, attempting to "free" the 198 from the Sentinels. The X-Men step in to intervene, but they end up getting away.

Bishop gets pissy with Scott, says the X-Men should join the pro-Registration side because he came from a future where (bad) mutants ran amuck and caused shit for the rest of them. If the X-Men intervene now, they could help keep superpowered folks in check. Or something like that. Scott keeps to the "mutants have their own issues" bit, even mentions the slippery slope of the Mutant Registration Act--at which point Bishop literally puts a hand over his mouth to stop him from speaking.

Bishop goes off to meet with Tony, and Tony sends him on a mission to track down and capture the 198 with the help of Sabra and someone else. Scott, Bobby, Warren, and Hank don their black Morrison costumes and decide to head off after the 198 before Bishop can get there. Mutants need to stick up for their own, or some such.

It ends with a silly splash of a Sentinel coming after Emma.

Sloppy writing and art abound. I won't be picking up the next one.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:01 pm

ouch.

thanks for the intel though.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:55 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:It wasn't "let's talk this through," it was "you're with us or you're going down."

Only Sith deal in absolutes.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:11 pm

CW #3 was awesome...esp with the leads ins from earlier FF issues...I like the XMEN approach to this and how they are regarded in a light that seems a bit more powerful than non mutant super-heros. Curious as to how Prof. X would view these goings on....I can't wait for CW #4 and I am way curious how the THunderbolts will figure into the end game of all of this.

BTW...I still firmly believe from my post a few pages ago that all that happens during Civil War does not and will not matter as the HULK is going to come back and yes to quote my own post "Wipe his ass with everyone who is left for shipping him off to tatooine with no water."
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby wheredidigo111 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:24 pm

Next issue The Punisher!
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:31 pm

wheredidigo111 wrote:Next issue The Punisher!

fuck Frank Castle!

I wanna see Hulk smashing sanctimonious suckers!

Be kinda fun if Banner was with Iron Man, but the Hulkster was with Cappy...
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wheredidigo111 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:42 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
wheredidigo111 wrote:Next issue The Punisher!

fuck Frank Castle!

I wanna see Hulk smashing sanctimonious suckers!

Be kinda fun if Banner was with Iron Man, but the Hulkster was with Cappy...

Yea, But The Punisher is there for one reason and one reson only. He's going to kill someone. Let's face it. If there's been anyone that's been (I don't know.) running from the law way before Civil War it would be him. And good old Frank never cared about the law after his famly was cut down in front of him. He never holds back or cares what's in his way. He goes though it no matter what of who it is. That and he's better with traps then Iron Man is.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:46 pm

Does he really have to register? I mean everyone knows who he is. There is no secret identity.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby wheredidigo111 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:00 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Does he really have to register? I mean everyone knows who he is. There is no secret identity.

Do to the fact that he's KILLED PEOPLE. And has been running from the law. It has nothing to do with registering. It's the fact that who ever is behind Civil War know that superheroes are one who go out a save life and not kill the bad guy. And here's the reason why The Punisher is being fored in Civil War. Any bad guy would KNOW that The Punisher IS NOT A SUPERHEROE and will KILL HIM OR HER and not care about what happens next. So who ever is behind this is going to try to kill him frst.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:13 pm

wheredidigo111 wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Does he really have to register? I mean everyone knows who he is. There is no secret identity.

Do to the fact that he's KILLED PEOPLE. And has been running from the law. It has nothing to do with registering. It's the fact that who ever is behind Civil War know that superheroes are one who go out a save life and not kill the bad guy. And here's the reason why The Punisher is being fored in Civil War. Any bad guy would KNOW that The Punisher IS NOT A SUPERHEROE and will KILL HIM OR HER and not care about what happens next. So who ever is behind this is going to try to kill him frst.

Ugh. I don't buy any of the conspiracy theories about some grand wizard behind the curtain. Civil War is an ideological split, and it would cheapen the whole thing to lessen one entire side of the debate to mere pawns--ESPECIALLY when there are so many heavy hitters on both sides. I think Millar is better than that.

And no, the Punisher should not have to register as he has no superpowers. He's just a pissed off vigilante with a shitload of guns, but my bet is that the cops won't let him run around unchecked anymore.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby wheredidigo111 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:53 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
wheredidigo111 wrote:

Ugh. I don't buy any of the conspiracy theories about some grand wizard behind the curtain. Civil War is an ideological split, and it would cheapen the whole thing to lessen one entire side of the debate to mere pawns--ESPECIALLY when there are so many heavy hitters on both sides. I think Millar is better than that.

And no, the Punisher should not have to register as he has no superpowers. He's just a pissed off vigilante with a shitload of guns, but my bet is that the cops won't let him run around unchecked anymore.

MAN, you just don't get it do you. The Punisher has been runing from the law do to the fact that He's just a pissed off vigilante with a shitload of guns. The thing is he's KILLED PEOPLE GOt that. He's close to a supervillain then a superhero. He's killed them all bad guys and supervillain alike. Hell he even killed Nick Fury ones.

Ok, when someone like Spider-Man fight a Bad guy or supervillain he beats the crap out of them and takes them to jail.

But when The Punisher fight a Bad guy or supervillain he just kills them and takes them to the morgue.

The thing is that The Punisher knowing that this registering crap is going to open a can of fuck loads of worms. With the superhero fighting each other this gives the supervillain the opening they want like no superheros to stop them. So now they can go crazy and kill anyone they want and do any crime they want. So here's the The Punisher that can kill any supervillain and go crazy on them. And to who ever is behind Civil War knows when The Punisher is done with the supervillains he'll go after the who ever is behind Civil War thing and kill him to stop the insanity. And if that means killing a superhero to do it he will.

By the way the cop did try to put him in check as well as S.H.I.L.D and well Chip got his face blown off by the The Punisher and a shootgun. BOOM! And that was his best friend. And he's been in jail so many times I lost count. Like I said he holds nothing back.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:12 pm

wheredidigo111 wrote:MAN, you just don't get it do you. The Punisher has been runing from the law do to the fact that He's just a pissed off vigilante with a shitload of guns. The thing is he's KILLED PEOPLE GOt that. He's close to a supervillain then a superhero. He's killed them all bad guys and supervillain alike. Hell he even killed Nick Fury ones.

Ok, when someone like Spider-Man fight a Bad guy or supervillain he beats the crap out of them and takes them to jail.

But when The Punisher fight a Bad guy or supervillain he just kills them and takes them to the morgue.

The thing is that The Punisher knowing that this registering crap is going to open a can of fuck loads of worms. With the superhero fighting each other this gives the supervillain the opening they want like no superheros to stop them. So now they can go crazy and kill anyone they want and do any crime they want. So here's the The Punisher that can kill any supervillain and go crazy on them. And to who ever is behind Civil War knows when The Punisher is done with the supervillains he'll go after the who ever is behind Civil War thing and kill him to stop the insanity. And if that means killing a superhero to do it he will.

By the way the cop did try to put him in check as well as S.H.I.L.D and well Chip got his face blown off by the The Punisher and a shootgun. BOOM! And that was his best friend. And he's been in jail so many times I lost count. Like I said he holds nothing back.

Apparently, I don't get it. But neither do you.

You're insisting on this BS conspiracy theory that allows either Tony or Cap and all the folks on their respective sides--and those of us who side with one or the other, by extension--to be the pawns of some unseen terror. That's a cop out and a crock, and I sure as hell don't buy it.

Furthermore, if you really think The Punisher--THE PUNISHER!!--is going to be the one to save the Marvel Universe from this (non-existent) threat simply because he KILLS PEOPLE--well, I say you should give KCBC back whatever it is you've borrowed from him to smoke.

On top of all that, there is no way in hell that Marvel will allow The Punisher--THE PUNISHER!!--to kill off any of its chief heroes of villains. After all, what impact has The Punisher REALLY had on the Marvel U outside of his own books?

REEEEEEALLY now...
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Theta on Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:57 pm

He killed the entire Marvel universe once. Including you, optic-blast boy.

Jokey one-shots aside, you've got a point. Generally his interaction has been limited to debates with Daredevil and/or getting other Marvel heroes beaten up. Which is too bad, because what would have been a more awesome ending to the first issue of "House of M", whatever the hell Bendis cooked up or the final panel being Frank putting a Glock to the Scarlet Witch's head?

EDIT: That said, wheredidIgo is still probably right. Millar is the kind of writer who thinks that kind of twist would be "like, totally awesome!" The total lack of supervillains in this thing also rings a few alarm bells; apparently the ENTIRE supervillain community can be contained by just the freakin' Thunderbolts.

Ten bucks says it's the Leader. If not the Leader, the Mad Thinker. If not the Mad Thinker, Stiltman.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:13 pm

The more I think about this the more I think there is to The Hulk being shipped off by "The Illuminati"
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby wheredidigo111 on Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:59 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
wheredidigo111 wrote:MAN, you just don't get it do you. The Punisher has been runing from the law do to the fact that He's just a pissed off vigilante with a shitload of guns. The thing is he's KILLED PEOPLE GOt that. He's close to a supervillain then a superhero. He's killed them all bad guys and supervillain alike. Hell he even killed Nick Fury ones.

Apparently, I don't get it. But neither do you.

You're insisting on this BS conspiracy theory that allows either Tony or Cap and all the folks on their respective sides--and those of us who side with one or the other, by extension--to be the pawns of some unseen terror. That's a cop out and a crock, and I sure as hell don't buy it.

Furthermore, if you really think The Punisher--THE PUNISHER!!--is going to be the one to save the Marvel Universe from this (non-existent) threat simply because he KILLS PEOPLE--well, I say you should give KCBC back whatever it is you've borrowed from him to smoke.

On top of all that, there is no way in hell that Marvel will allow The Punisher--THE PUNISHER!!--to kill off any of its chief heroes of villains. After all, what impact has The Punisher REALLY had on the Marvel U outside of his own books?

REEEEEEALLY now...

Sorry about the late post. Bad storm came by and killed the power at my house for two days. But the thing I had a lot of fun.

But anyways I never said anything about save the Marvel Universe. In fact he's going to put it in the tenth level of hell if you ask me. All i'm saying is that The Punisher more like a supervillain then a superhero. The Punisher will be seen as a threat to all sides. The Civil War is going be like christmas when the supervillain come out and play. That and he'll be blasting them all with his 45, 50, and his Desert Eagle gun. Oh what fun it will be for him.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:22 pm

Theta wrote:He killed the entire Marvel universe once. Including you, optic-blast boy.

SPOILERS!!!

Yeah, in a pretty hardcore way too. Cyke apologizing and Frank just blasted him away. Wolverine IN TEARS over Jean's death.

Heh, she didn't even see it coming, the great telepath she is.

That comic made me fall in love with the Punisher, especially the ending with DD.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:42 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Furthermore, if you really think The Punisher--THE PUNISHER!!--is going to be the one to save the Marvel Universe from this (non-existent) threat simply because he KILLS PEOPLE--well, I say you should give KCBC back whatever it is you've borrowed from him to smoke.

hey!

I don't smoke crack, which is clearly the substance of choice for wheredidigo111...
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:45 pm

Speaking of crackheads, what happened to the Magneto dude who then became the Wolverine dude?

That dude's got some issues to deal with.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Theta on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:53 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:Speaking of crackheads, what happened to the Magneto dude who then became the Wolverine dude?

They're giving him a five isssue miniseries.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby banthafodderUK on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:59 am

Is anyone bored with the civil war?
wii code 0186 4330 3469 8398 use it mofo's!
banthafodderUK
AIRWOLF

Postby Theta on Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:42 pm

banthafodderUK wrote:Is anyone bored with the civil war?

Since Issue #1, yet I keep taking them off the shelf and reading them (not paying for them, mind you.)
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby wheredidigo111 on Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:12 pm

banthafodderUK wrote:Is anyone bored with the civil war?

I am.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby brendonconnelly on Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:31 am

This is the side that I'm on, for sure.
brendonconnelly
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby wheredidigo111 on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:57 pm

It fells like more and more like Marvel is getting full of itself. It's like Marvel is droping it's quality of work knowing everyone is going out of there way to get it. It's more like I don't care if the storys good or not it Marvel and that the only reson I'll buy it.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby wheredidigo111 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:48 pm

Look I just got done looking through the new set of Civil War comic books and WTF? Is it me are is Civil War becoming a dick fight of the SuperHeros now. At this pont I'm lost I have no idea who is good and who is evil or even care. In fact I don't want to care anymore. In fact I just want to put this hole Marvel Civil War and put it away and forget it ever came out. The plot makes no sense anymore. But if you ask me I think it was one of those plots that went nowhere like driving a car at 150 miles an hours into a wall and hitting it with no seatbelt on. Sorry I said that but...
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:55 pm

But if you ask me I think it was one of those plots that went nowhere like driving a car at 150 miles an hours into a wall and hitting it with no seatbelt on.

Actually, that's genius because it's bad taste and funny. I'm glad I clicked on the link to read this thread now!
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:12 pm

wheredidigo111 wrote:Look I just got done looking through the new set of Civil War comic books and WTF? Is it me are is Civil War becoming a dick fight of the SuperHeros now. At this pont I'm lost I have no idea who is good and who is evil or even care. In fact I don't want to care anymore. In fact I just want to put this hole Marvel Civil War and put it away and forget it ever came out. The plot makes no sense anymore. But if you ask me I think it was one of those plots that went nowhere like driving a car at 150 miles an hours into a wall and hitting it with no seatbelt on. Sorry I said that but...

You're missing the ENTIRE POINT of the Civil War. There is no "good" side, no "bad" side. There's just (perhaps) a side you agree with and a side you don't. Both are respectable. A case can be made that both are "right." This is Marvel stabbing at politics, showing how differences of opinion in this day and age on key issues can literally tear families and friends apart.

I reject the idea that there's some archvillain behind it all because that would completely negate the metaphor and turn everything into manipulation. That might work for ANOTHER Civil War, but for this one to continue to have real world implications (it does), it needs to be seen through as is.

And wheredidigo, if you're not even mildly entertained by Civil War, then I just have zero idea of what the hell you're looking for in comics. It's written and drawn by two of the absolutely best guys working in comics today; it has rich material worthy of continued discussion; it has legitimate SCOPE; and it has some of the most engaging, entertaining and balls-out action scenes I've ever scene in comics.

Please, please, PLEASE provide me with a list of grievances you have instead of some BS platitudes like, "if you ask me I think it was one of those plots that went nowhere like driving a car at 150 miles an hours into a wall and hitting it with no seatbelt on." Umm... what?
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby wheredidigo111 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:27 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
wheredidigo111 wrote:Look I just got done looking through the new set of Civil War comic books and WTF? Is it me are is Civil War becoming a dick fight of the SuperHeros now. At this pont I'm lost I have no idea who is good and who is evil or even care. In fact I don't want to care anymore. In fact I just want to put this hole Marvel Civil War and put it away and forget it ever came out. The plot makes no sense anymore. But if you ask me I think it was one of those plots that went nowhere like driving a car at 150 miles an hours into a wall and hitting it with no seatbelt on. Sorry I said that but...

You're missing the ENTIRE POINT of the Civil War. There is no "good" side, no "bad" side. There's just (perhaps) a side you agree with and a side you don't. Both are respectable. A case can be made that both are "right." This is Marvel stabbing at politics, showing how differences of opinion in this day and age on key issues can literally tear families and friends apart.

I reject the idea that there's some archvillain behind it all because that would completely negate the metaphor and turn everything into manipulation. That might work for ANOTHER Civil War, but for this one to continue to have real world implications (it does), it needs to be seen through as is.

And wheredidigo, if you're not even mildly entertained by Civil War, then I just have zero idea of what the hell you're looking for in comics. It's written and drawn by two of the absolutely best guys working in comics today; it has rich material worthy of continued discussion; it has legitimate SCOPE; and it has some of the most engaging, entertaining and balls-out action scenes I've ever scene in comics.

Please, please, PLEASE provide me with a list of grievances you have instead of some BS platitudes like, "if you ask me I think it was one of those plots that went nowhere like driving a car at 150 miles an hours into a wall and hitting it with no seatbelt on." Umm... what?

Look I'm not saying it's the writers or the artist faultes. There just trying to keep what thay have and it's to much. It's the ones who run Marvel and put to much in one basket and tell the writers and artist then give it so many other writers and artist in other comic and the original writers and artist can keep up with what's going on. It gets lost.

The plot... it sounds nice but it goes nowhere fast. Just like the hole mutent decimation thing did. The thing is you have a shit loud of new writers and artist that come in and they want to make a new comic up but they can't because of fact the Super-human Registration Act or most of the mutent can't be used. And that leves them with nothing. Sorry the comic can't come out.

I know Super-human Registration Act will end and somehow CA and IM will be friends agen. It has to end like that because if it ends the other way all you get is an endless loop like the one that took WildStorm when they had an almost same act. At frist it worked but after a bit of time went by it seemed like is was going nowhere but down. They had to rewrite the hole WildStorm from the beginning.

No heros=chaous. If this was the real world the and the cops where at war with the firefighters and using guns. Well you get the pont. The criminals then come out and take over. Same with the SuperHeros and the same supervillains. It's like that kid on Die Hard: With a Vengeance said after John McClane tryed to stop him. The kid said, "Look around you it's christmas out there! You can steal central park and no one will try to stop you!" I could be wrong on what the kid really said. but that's besides the pont.
Last edited by wheredidigo111 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:33 pm

I can't debate with you anymore. It just absolutely frustrates me and I'm done trying.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby wheredidigo111 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:46 pm

Look, what you said about the fight seens being good and all are right. And the way Civil War is being written and drawn is good to, in fact bam good. All I'm saying is that the guy running Marvel are putting to much on there plate to do. The writer and artist are good. Vary good. I din't mean to hurt you. Sorry :cry:
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Theta on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:54 pm

wheredidigo111 wrote:It fells like more and more like Marvel is getting full of itself. It's like Marvel is droping it's quality of work knowing everyone is going out of there way to get it. It's more like I don't care if the storys good or not it Marvel and that the only reson I'll buy it.

Normally I'd make fun of you for taking THIS long to figure that out, but I'll cut you some slack since you're either fourteen and tanking language arts, or English is your second language.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:07 am

Did they figure out who the guy was under the Daredevil mask while Matt Murdock was in prison?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:20 am

It was in DAREDEVIL # 87 that came out the 26th.

Anyone?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby wheredidigo111 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:39 pm

Well at some pont someone was going to ask this. Do you think that Marvel Civil is a lot more or less then the American Civil War?
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:41 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:Did they figure out who the guy was under the Daredevil mask while Matt Murdock was in prison?

Newsarama posted a bit on it yesterday. If you don't want to know, don't look!

SPOILERS!!

Iron Fist
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:26 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:Did they figure out who the guy was under the Daredevil mask while Matt Murdock was in prison?

SPOILERS!!

Iron Fist

WTF?!?! Why??!?! That's so f'n dumb.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby DennisMM on Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:30 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:

SPOILERS!!

Iron Fist

Why couldn't it have been Matt's identical twin brother, Mike? He was a pretty good Daredevil for a while back in the '60s.
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:38 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:

SPOILERS!!

Iron Fist

WTF?!?! Why??!?! That's so f'n dumb.

Check out the interview with Brubaker HERE.

DennisMM wrote:Why couldn't it have been Matt's identical twin brother, Mike? He was a pretty good Daredevil for a while back in the '60s.

They actually mention Mike Murdock in the article. Apparently, he uses Mike's old passport.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Brocktune on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Theta wrote:If not the Mad Thinker, Stiltman.

hahahahahahaha!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:42 pm

I'm going to jump on the "bored" side of civil war. Everyone seems waaaaay too eager to punch each other in the face. And with "Codename Lightning" making his sudden return in CW #3, I was left going WTF rather than WOW. I don't know if I missed some build up to this, but his inclusion on Tony's side seemed so...senseless.

SPOILERS

He's a fucking god. Who is occasionally tied to a human host. And he's pro-registration. That's ridiculous. Especially since he's spent so much time ruling Asgard the past few years. Him coming back to join in this "political" fight is akin to Jesus "Fucking" Christ doing his 2nd Coming just so he can vote Republican in 2008.

For fucks sake...

Also...if Daredevil is not Matt Murdock, but they're still going to draw him looking like a not-blind Matt Murdock...the least they could do is fucking tell us. Some of us don't read DD. I was left wondering how Murdoch was getting around so easily.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby wheredidigo111 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:48 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:I'm going to jump on the "bored" side of civil war. Everyone seems waaaaay too eager to punch each other in the face. And with "Codename Lightning" making his sudden return in CW #3, I was left going WTF rather than WOW. I don't know if I missed some build up to this, but his inclusion on Tony's side seemed so...senseless.

SPOILERS

He's a fucking god. Who is occasionally tied to a human host. And he's pro-registration. That's ridiculous. Especially since he's spent so much time ruling Asgard the past few years. Him coming back to join in this "political" fight is akin to Jesus "Fucking" Christ doing his 2nd Coming just so he can vote Republican in 2008.

For fucks sake...

Also...if Daredevil is not Matt Murdock, but they're still going to draw him looking like a not-blind Matt Murdock...the least they could do is fucking tell us. Some of us don't read DD. I was left wondering how Murdoch was getting around so easily.

I agree with yon on the hole thing even the DD part. Bush would disagree he think God helped him get in office. :lol:
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Books