Lucifer

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Lucifer

Postby Y.T. on Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:59 pm

So i'm a huge Lucifer fan (so huge i even went as Mazakeen last year for halloween and no one new who i was)....all my friends teased me but what other book has a kick ass girl character with 1/2 her face missing (early issues), kicks the crap out of all the boys, carries a 5 foot sword and hangs out with the devil?!?!?! anyone else as much of a nut as i am??
it's Y.T. not whitey!!!
Y.T.
GLIB

Postby thomasgaffney on Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:05 pm

No. No one is a much of a nut as you are. Just kidding! That sounds pretty awesome actually. And welcome to the site...
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon and apple and barnes & noble
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:17 pm

FINALLY!!!

A damn fine spin-off of my fave comic ever. And oh my, what a character. This isn't a "oh, he's Lucifer, he's so evil" comic. If you read "The Sandman", Carey picks it up from that point...that Lucifer has resigned his rule of Hell, he's running a club in L.A. called LUX, but then HEAVEN, of all places, asks him for a favor.

Huge cosmic storylines. Theological debates. Nudity. Mazikeen. Michael. Hell, under a new stewardship. It gets pretty chaotic at times (I had to buy all the trade paperbacks to remember what the hell (pun intended) was going on) but Carey's very good at wrapping the whole burrito into shape.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Y.T. on Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:23 pm

yeah in the begining i thought it was going to be kinda disjointed, i didn't see where he was going but then all of sudden he's ending all of creation and all the characters are in the same story line....damn that's good loose end tying!!
it's Y.T. not whitey!!!
Y.T.
GLIB

Return to Comic Books