New Joe Fridays ( Marketing Ploy Pwnage Prevails)

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

New Joe Fridays ( Marketing Ploy Pwnage Prevails)

Postby Flumm on Sun May 28, 2006 11:20 pm

OK, there is only so much I know of the comics world, but I'm eagerly learning, enjoying the the jouireny, and so as if it's interesting to me, I thought it may well be of interest to some of you...

Newsarama has posted the last Joe Fridays column. I'm sure a lot of you know already, but just to recap for uninitiated, Joe Fridays was a weekly column by comic writer, and the head of Marvel himself, Joe Quesada, in which he responded to questions and queeries from queeries and question posers alike, about all things marvel.

To celebrate, newsarama hosted a party, replete with a roundtable discussion with Quesada, Whedon, Bendis, Straczynski and Loeb.

These guys essetnially just being proffesional geeks there are is some great banter back and forth aswell. and it's actually an amazing insight into the way the marvel universe is run, I think.

Oh and there's some interesting tidbits thrown around too.

Anyway, enjoy...

Linkyness! Linkyness! The greatest gift, that I posses...
Last edited by Flumm on Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Adam Balm on Sun May 28, 2006 11:53 pm

I'm pissed. I only found out at th end that this was Joe Friday: The End.

Very sad indeed. It was the most fascinating, funny, and some times irritation part of Newsarama..
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun May 28, 2006 11:59 pm

That was a great discussion! It had me laughing out loud a few times.

They seem like great guys.

"DAMN YOU STRACYNSKI!"

Ha. Classic.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon May 29, 2006 12:01 am

Thanks for the report, Flumm . . . but this is pretty disconcerting . . . why the end?

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon May 29, 2006 1:40 am

Oh, btw, I do feel that by having spider-man married to a major actress/model...it takes away from what made Spider-Man/Peter Parker cool.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Mon May 29, 2006 3:11 am

Leckomaniac wrote:Oh, btw, I do feel that by having spider-man married to a major actress/model...it takes away from what made Spider-Man/Peter Parker cool.

Big Amens on that. Just one of several reasons why Ultimate Spider-Man is the Spider-Book to read.

If only they had discussed what the hell is holding up The Ultimates and Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk...
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon May 29, 2006 3:17 am

buster00 wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:Oh, btw, I do feel that by having spider-man married to a major actress/model...it takes away from what made Spider-Man/Peter Parker cool.

Big Amens on that. Just one of several reasons why Ultimate Spider-Man is the Spider-Book to read.

If only they had discussed what the hell is holding up The Ultimates and Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk...

Yeah. The ULTIMATES is a great book, but the constant delays really bug me. Perhaps Mark Millar is overstretched?

As for ULTIMATE WOLVERINE vs. HULK maybe writing duties on LOST gets in the way? Or perhaps the art is taking forever.

Whoever is the editor in charge of the ULTIMATE UNIVERSE needs to start lighting a fire under these guys ass. This is becoming ridiculous.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Colin on Mon May 29, 2006 9:45 am

Yes, Lindeloff is busy with Lost so he's a little behind on scripts for Ult. Hulk vs. Wolverine. Yu is busying himself with other things.

The Ultimates is almost done. They're just tweaking the last issues and adding more pages. Forgive them for wanting their work to rock.

Personally I think this last column of Joe Fridays was one of the weakest of the whole run. Nothing insightful or informative at all. And I just don't really think any of those guys are all that funny anyway.
Colin
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Flumm on Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:19 pm

Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:20 pm

Flumm wrote:New Joe Fridays

:o :x :? :lol: :evil: :shock:

That made me chuckle. Still, I am happy they are bringing this back. Very informative stuff.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:30 pm

Joey Q. is ditching Newsarama and is starting My Cup O' Joe with myspace comics.

JOE QUESADA IS ON MYSPACE COMIC BOOKS!

FACE FRONT, TRUE BELIEVERS!

Marvel Comics and MySpace Comic Books are pleased to announce the launch of MyCup O' Joe -- a new weekly feature on MySpace Comic Books where Marvel's illustrious Edition-in-Cheif Joe Quesada will be answering YOUR questions!

Want to hear what's in store for your favorite character? Want to know the secrets behind Secret Invasion? Want to know what happens behind the scenes at Marvel? Now is your chance to ask Joe anything you want!

Submit your questions now on MySpace Comic Books and Marvel.com! Complete instructions are on the MCB profile, where Joe himself breaks down all the details for you!

Post your questions for Joe NOW on MySpace Comic Books!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

CUP O' JOE

Postby TheButcher on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:10 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: CUP O' JOE

Postby TheButcher on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:45 pm

From CBR:
Cup O' Joe - Siege Sales, Marvelman, Cap Casting & iPadding
Joe Quesada wrote:Kiel Phegley: Another piece of news that hit on the heels of your ECCC appearance was that Marvel is ready to release some Marvelman product starting in June with a "Marvelman Classic Primer." You spoke at the convention about interviewing Marvelman creator Mick Anglo recently, and I'm assuming that was for the Primer. What was that experience like, and what can fans expect from this opening one-shot come June?

Joe Quesada: Meeting Mick was a huge thrill, and despite his age, he's still spry and sharp as a whip. He also has a pretty sick sense of humor, which I really appreciate (surprise, surprise). What was interesting about Mick is that he really doesn't understand to this day what the big deal is with respect to Marvelman and his past work. It was just a job for him back in the day. While he is certainly appreciative, he is incredibly humble about the whole thing - but also incredibly eager to see his old work in print, which is what we'll be starting with.

As amazingly fun as it was to speak to Mick about his old comics days, Mick's stories of his time in WWII were just fantastic to hear. He has had such a colorful life that it would probably make a better comic than anything currently on the market.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Crossgen Returns?

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:41 pm

From Newsarama @ SDCC 2010: Marvel: Cup O' Joe LIVE!
One last teaser, an animated one — and an interesting one. The Crossgen sigil logo, then fire covering it, transforming it into another, similar logo. Quesada said he couldn't comment on it any further.

From Bleeding Cool:
Marvel To Publish CrossGen
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Comics

Postby TheButcher on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:48 am

Joe Quesada Outlines Plans For 'Marvel Cinematic Universe' Comics With Movie Creators
Josh Wigler wrote:Marvel Studios have very carefully laid the groundwork for "The Avengers," sowing the seeds in past pictures like "Iron Man" and "The Incredible Hulk" and upcoming endeavors such as "Thor" and "Captain America." But while the Marvel movie universe has thrived on the big screen, further stories set within this continuity could unfold somewhere else: the comic book page.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Return to Comic Books