Brian Bendis Presents...

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Brian Bendis Presents...

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:14 am

I know that Brian Bendis is a very polarizing writer...he catches a lot of shit from the fans...but thankfully, this has nothing to do with his writing.

Brian Bendis has a column over at wizarduniverse.com where he conducts interviews with some of the brightest stars in comic books today.

So far he has done 4 interviews: Stan Lee, Joss Whedon, Rob Liefeld, Jeph Loeb, and Brian K. Vaughan. All these interviews have been really interesting. Especially the last three. All of the folks seem to be very open with Brian and he asks some very interesting questions.

I was just curious if anyone had seen these. I can't wait for his next interview.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:20 am

Thanks for the links Lecko. That is a great interview with Vaughan. As much as I don't want Y to end, I cannot wait to see what is next in the pipeline.

It will take a while to read through the others - cool!
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:43 am

Not a problem. I agree...I totally loved that interview with Vaughan...Bendis was so frank with him.

How about that possibility of Vaughan having his own MARVEL UNIVERSE??!?!?! And he said NO!

Ugh.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:37 am

We get Runaways instead though - a fair swap in my book.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:20 pm

I love me some Brian Bendis. His stuff does occasionally veer from brilliant to misguided, but, for me, he hits far more often than he misses. That first 13 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man is the best telling of the origin I've ever read/seen/heard.

I'll check out the interviews in a bit and chime in.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:39 pm

I love that we will be seeing some more creator-owned work from Vaughan in 07.

I also love that Bendis and Vaughan seem to have a good relationship...I think the only writer capable of taking over Ultimate Spider-Man would be Vaughan. That would be my dream.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:45 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:I think the only writer capable of taking over Ultimate Spider-Man would be Vaughan. That would be my dream.

:shock:

I think I love you...
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:50 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:I think the only writer capable of taking over Ultimate Spider-Man would be Vaughan. That would be my dream.

:shock:

I think I love you...

So what am i so afraid of? Afraid that I'm not sure of...a love there is no cure for! :wink:

I don't know what came over me...

But seriously...I would LOVE to see Vaughan tackle the Spidey/MJ relationship. I can only imagine how awesome that could be!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:46 am

well, his comics haven't made me a fan, but his interview style sure has.

sure, he's got the annoying self-relfexive tendency, sure he's like Harlan Ellison where it's gotta be about him him him, but still, he asks solid questions and knows how to get these guys to open up maybe more than they would have liked. Helps knowing them, sure, but he's got a knack for interviews.

Love the fact his favorite movie is Reds.

good stuff Lecko (gonna miss ya' bud), thanks for the linkage.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:00 pm

New interview up with "She-Hulk" and "Thing" scribe Dan Slott...
Last edited by Ribbons on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby doglips on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:01 pm

Ribbons wrote:New interview up with "She-Hulk" scribe Dan Slott...

Ha, you just totally beat me to it!

Thanks for the heads up!

It's a great interview.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Ribbons on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:02 pm

No prob, doglips. Was the interview posted today?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby doglips on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:06 pm

Ribbons wrote:No prob, doglips. Was the interview posted today?

Not sure, I've been popping by Wizard every day to see what the next Bendis interview was going to be. Worth the wait!
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:38 pm

thedoglippedone wrote:
Ribbons wrote:No prob, doglips. Was the interview posted today?

Not sure, I've been popping by Wizard every day to see what the next Bendis interview was going to be. Worth the wait!

HA! I do the same thing. I am so pumped about this Dan Slott interview. I LOVED The Thing...too bad it got the axe...it was solid stuff.

I am off to read it now! Thanks Ribbons.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:34 pm

The new Brian Bedis Presents is up...this time around he is interviewing Brad Meltzer.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:44 am

Yet another installment of BB Presents.

Click here for the interview with comedian/writer Patton Oswalt
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:56 am

PATTON OSWALT?! WTF?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:57 am

He is a huge comic fan...and has written comics in the past.

At the moment...he is working on the comic GOON. But that was my reaction at first too...until I read the interview. It is actually very interesting. He talks about pitches of his that were rejected. He is very candid.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:07 pm

Well, I'm glad I read it. You're right, Lecko; lotsa good stuff in there.

I laughed my ass off at the part where they're discussing the Ratatouille trailer:

BENDIS: "I know that. Whose voice is that?" And then it was you and then I literally did the douchiest thing I've said as a father without [my 3-year old daughter] knowing what the f--- I'm talking about, but I said, "Oh, I know that guy." [Laughs] She goes, "You know him?!" She thinks I'm talking about the mouse and now why am I not introducing her to this cool mouse with the cheese. So very awesome that you've now entered the lexicon of toddler mania. I don't know if you know this yet, but it's happened. It's that fast.

OSWALT: Maybe next year I'll call your daughter up on a birthday or something because it's just my voice. I'm not doing that character. It's just my voice.

BENDIS: If you do that I'll have to put my kid into therapy. She's way too young to know what the f--- you'd be doing.

OSWALT: Maybe I could call her up and go... Wait. You can call me up and go, "I don't like it when she doesn't pick up her toys." "Okay. Hey this is Ratatouille. I'm really upset because you're not picking up your toys and it would be terrible if you didn't because if you don't I will kill myself. I will go into the rat trap and snap my spine in two and you'll be responsible for killing me. Okay, gotta go, sweetie." [Laughs]
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:33 pm

Finally a new Brian Benids Presents is up. This time, he interviews the awesome Ed Brubaker. His Daredevil has been a kick ass ride thus far.

Read the full interview here
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:28 pm

A new Brian Bendis presents.

This time he is talking to the man in charge of Marvel's Civil War, editor Tom Brevoort
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Brian Bendis Presents... TAKIO

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:55 pm

NEWSARMA Seven-Page Preview: TAKIO, From Brian Michael Bendis and Mike Oeming

Albert Ching wrote:Takio — the long-awaited, all-ages, creator-owned, original graphic novel from Marvel’s Icon line and the Powers team of Brian Michael Bendis and Mike Oeming — has an official release date, March 2. And even more excitingly, Marvel has provided us with a preview of the first seven-pages. Yup, that’s after the jump. And our interview with Bendis and Oeming on the project is here.

Press Release

On March 2nd, the powerhouse creative team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Michael Avon Oeming, take the comics industry by storm with their first all-ages graphic novel – TAKIO! When two sisters from a multiracial, adoptive family drive one another to the brink of insanity, is there anything that can bring them together? Well after a one-of-a-kind, once-in-a-lifetime accident gives them real-life superpowers; the world’s first superheroes will be closer than ever! Perfect for comic fans of any age, Takio brings together Bendis’ acclaimed trademark dialog with Oeming’s fan-favorite art style for an action packed adventure like no other!

With its release right around the corner, the masterminds behind Takio are teeming with enthusiasm!

“As exciting as it was to stretch my writing muscles and help create this new modern all ages superhero world, I am most excited for people to see a new side to the entire Powers crew,” explains writer Brian Michael Bendis. “This book is so good looking.”

Artist Michael Oeming adds “This has been an exciting adventure for me, drawing and creating with my extended family has added a whole new dimension to our work. One of the best times I’ve ever had making comics”

Can these two sisters put aside their differences, save the world and be home in time for dinner? Be sure to get in on the ground floor for the graphic novel that will have everybody talking, as Takio hits stores everywhere this March!

TAKIO GN HC (DEC100634)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
All Ages …$9.95
FOC – 2/7/11, On Sale – 3/2/11
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Brian Bendis Presents...

Postby TheButcher on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:22 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Brian Bendis Presents...WORDS FOR PICTURES

Postby TheButcher on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:06 pm

NYCC Talk With Brian Michael Bendis
John Siuntres wrote:It's Time for The New York Comic Con, and Brian Bendis will be showing the first footage from the Powers TV show, and participating in Marvel 75th anniversary panels. Bendis joins us to tell stories about the pruduction of Powers hanging with the cast and crew and prepariing for the premiere coming in just a few months. bendis assures us that the 1st episode will be available free on many Sony online streaming platforms like crackle.com and others.

There's lots of TV and movie talk, as the superhero genre prepares for a very crowded 2015. How has 2014 "set the table" for what's to come? Bendis even has positive thoughts about the upcoming Captain America 3

We also talk in depth about his comic books Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man, The X-Men books, United States Of Murder Inc., and of course Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Plus, final thoughts on the closing of the Jinxworld Bendis Message Board, the 22 year old onlinbe community that launched many comic creator careers, and THIS VERY PODCAST!

Word Balloon Podcast The Bendis Tapes Janelle Asselin & Scene Missing With Gabriel Hardman Will Pfeifer and Hilary Barta
John Siuntres wrote:On this episode of Word Balloon, it's a king sized episode, with a new edition of The Bendis Tapes. Brian Michael Bendis lays out the blueprints for the new direction for Marvel's Ultimate Universe. From new creators to new team line-ups all starting in April.

Bendis also talks X-Men Guradians Of The Galaxy , a new crime project with Michael Avon Oeming , television and film project updates including an animation series from FX and details of his upcoming book on writing WORDS FOR PICTURES .

Finally we talk about the oscar contending films out in theaters now, because Brian gets dvd screeners...lucky bastard.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Return to Comic Books