what to do

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

what to do

Postby darkjedijaina on Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:46 pm

i have 5 long boxes of comics. they were my husbands. we've been divorced for 2 years, separated for 3. he still hasn't claimed his comics, so i'm considering it abandonment of property.

what shall i do with these comics? they're all in great condition. the titles range from kabuki, fantastic four, spiderman, x-men, the crow, and spawn just to name a few. the dates on them are mostly from the 90s, though there are a few from the 80s in there.
User avatar
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH
 
Posts: 7196
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:41 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:53 pm

Sell them for cash money.


Or burn them.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Postby darkjedijaina on Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:56 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Sell them for cash money.


Or burn them.


haha, yeah. but what would be the best way to sell them? on e-bay? or to a comic shop or what?
User avatar
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH
 
Posts: 7196
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:41 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:17 pm

If you value them, then there is only one thing to do. Keep them. Otherwise years from now, you'll only end up with the most sorrowful of regret of having thrown out your Star Wars figures like Bantha and me - only a lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot worse.
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16585
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Postby darkjedijaina on Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:21 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:If you value them, then there is only one thing to do. Keep them. Otherwise years from now, you'll only end up with the most sorrowful of regret of having thrown out your Star Wars figures like Bantha and me - only a lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot worse.


considering that they aren't mine....i don't really care about them.
User avatar
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH
 
Posts: 7196
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:41 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:22 pm

bring 'em to your local comic book shop.

or donate 'em to us fellow Zoners.

yeah, the latter.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
User avatar
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 9407
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:14 am
Location: Blacktionville

Postby Pudie on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:or donate 'em to us fellow Zoners.


aka the poor.
Image
User avatar
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: *witty remark*

Re: what to do

Postby tfactor on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 pm

darkjedijaina wrote:i have 5 long boxes of comics. they were my husbands. we've been divorced for 2 years, separated for 3. he still hasn't claimed his comics, so i'm considering it abandonment of property.

what shall i do with these comics? they're all in great condition. the titles range from kabuki, fantastic four, spiderman, x-men, the crow, and spawn just to name a few. the dates on them are mostly from the 90s, though there are a few from the 80s in there.


Why not call him and give him the option of paying you to send that stuff to him. Charge him for labor and the shipping, and get the money first! If he says go fuck yourself you know he doesn't care about em and should sell them however you can with a free and clear concious
User avatar
tfactor
KING SMARMY
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:45 pm
Location: Gridlock

Re: what to do

Postby Theta on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:45 pm

tfactor wrote:
darkjedijaina wrote:i have 5 long boxes of comics. they were my husbands. we've been divorced for 2 years, separated for 3. he still hasn't claimed his comics, so i'm considering it abandonment of property.

what shall i do with these comics? they're all in great condition. the titles range from kabuki, fantastic four, spiderman, x-men, the crow, and spawn just to name a few. the dates on them are mostly from the 90s, though there are a few from the 80s in there.


Why not call him and give him the option of paying you to send that stuff to him. Charge him for labor and the shipping, and get the money first! If he says go fuck yourself you know he doesn't care about em and should sell them however you can with a free and clear concious


Dude, fuck that. If he cared he would have gotten them out of there. They're hers, she should just truck them down to the local comics shop and unload them, or offer the lot on Craig's List for $100 to $150 if she doesn't feel like doing that.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
User avatar
Theta
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2343
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:57 am
Location: Boston, MA

Postby Ribbons on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:11 am

I don't know what terms you and your ex-husband parted on, but I'm with trevor. You should probably see if he wants dem comics.

Other than that, if you like parting with valuable merchandise for free, you should definitely take inventory and see if any of your fellow Zoners want 'em (or are willing to pay cash money for 'em).

But if you're looking to make some cash, I would sell them to a comic book store, unless there's an individual issue in there that you know is valuable. That, you might want to put up on eBay.
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13801
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Postby buster00 on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:27 am

Make sure you call around the comic shops in your area and ask 'em what kind of deal they can make with you BEFORE you start hauling longboxes around.

The shops in my area don't really take in people's stuff, unless it's something valuable or something they know they can sell back to other customers.

Selling over the net is probably gonna be your best bet.
User avatar
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6401
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:12 pm

Postby havocSchultz on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:42 am

buster00 wrote:
The shops in my area don't really take in people's stuff


Maybe you're in the wrong area...
User avatar
havocSchultz
is full of stars...
 
Posts: 15695
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 am
Location: living amongst a hazy nothing...

Postby darkjedijaina on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:45 am

Ribbons wrote:I don't know what terms you and your ex-husband parted on, but I'm with trevor. You should probably see if he wants dem comics.


well. like i said, i've had them for 3 years in storage. and i think that's more than long enough. plus, he just moved out of state. so i don't think he's going to get them.
User avatar
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH
 
Posts: 7196
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:41 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby monorail77 on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:47 am

I'll buy 'em. All of them. PM me and name your terms.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I'm going off line now, so I'll respond tomorrow, if you take my offer.

Thanks again.
User avatar
monorail77
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1327
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:14 pm
Location: Location, Location

Postby buster00 on Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:08 am

havocSchultz wrote:
buster00 wrote:
The shops in my area don't really take in people's stuff


Maybe you're in the wrong area...


You're tellin' me, buddy.
User avatar
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6401
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:12 pm

Postby Chilli on Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:31 am

Send them to a location in the UK of our choosing. One of the UK zoners will record the mad chase to find the comics, which will be like Cannonball Run meets Spider-Man... and you'll get a priceless copy of 'The Zoner-Trix', replete with explosions, screams, and Kirk bitching about Snakes on a Plane.

Or sell them on E-bay.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
User avatar
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost
 
Posts: 6869
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:13 am
Location: Wales

Postby Doc Holliday on Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:36 am

Chilli wrote:Send them to a location in the UK of our choosing. One of the UK zoners will record the mad chase to find the comics, which will be like Cannonball Run meets Spider-Man... and you'll get a priceless copy of 'The Zoner-Trix', replete with explosions, screams, and Kirk bitching about Snakes on a Plane.

Or sell them on E-bay.


Genius.
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
User avatar
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6434
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:11 am
Location: Crawling along a razor's edge

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:48 am

Yeah, it would be worth doing some research - on eBay or elsewhere - into the value of the comics you've got. If you could tell us which editions of which books you have, and maybe the range of issues available (eg - Classic X-Men, issues 64-109 etc), then I'm sure we could value them for you. If the collection is more fragmented than that, just sell mixed bags on eBay for a set price - eg 10 comics for $5 - some people will get lucky, some will end up with 10 worthless comics, but that's their problem, innit?
User avatar
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:42 am
Location: London, England

Postby DennisMM on Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:47 am

ebay auctions are worthwhile if you are willing to put in the time required to grade, follow the auction and deal with the assholes who might make negative comments in your feedback. If you feel as if selling them is a good idea, also try calling a local store with a list of what you have. You could do as I did a while back ago and throw most of them (1,000+ for me) in a dumpster and offer the rest to selected Zoners. I made them pay for shipping, which isn't a bad deal. I'm still stuck with too many extra comics, though. Maybe I'll offer them in the open for everyone to see.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING
 
Posts: 16808
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Watchin' the reels go 'round and 'round

Postby darkjedijaina on Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:41 pm

i put some of these items up on ebay, if anyone wants to have a go at them. i'll be adding more as i get them sorted and such.

click here
User avatar
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH
 
Posts: 7196
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:41 am
Location: Houston, TX


Return to Comic Books

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron