WORLD WAR HULK

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

WORLD WAR HULK

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:50 am

Anyone started to pick this up...

Looks promising! The concept alone has me buying...Hulk coming back to earth with an army of aliens to beat the holy shit out of the guys that shot him into space....

With the fallout of Civil War going right into this, It should be very interesting.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:52 am

I'm interested mostly in JRJR's art, but I am a big Pak fan so I might check it out in TPB if it gets some positive reviews.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:58 am

Since reading the early Civil War stuff, I've been waiting for this to come about.

Haven't read it yet but will.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:37 pm

i have been following this as well. i really can't wait until the hulk fucking kills reed richards, 2nd biggest gentleman in the marvel universe. seriously, i hope his revenge is agonizing, brutal, and vast.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:44 pm

The Hulk should stretch Reed from the earth to the moon. And he should crush Iron Man inside his armor until the armor is like the size of a tin can or something. And the Hulk should rip out Black Bolt's vocal chords and somehow erase that character from history because he's boring. And then... and then... the Hulk should totally pop Professor X's head open like he's opening a bottle of Budweiser.

And even though he doesn't have anything against him really, the Hulk should eat Sentry whole and poop him out and then throw the poop into the sun because Sentry is a really really lame character.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:49 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:The Hulk should stretch Reed from the earth to the moon. And he should crush Iron Man inside his armor until the armor is like the size of a tin can or something. And the Hulk should rip out Black Bolt's vocal chords and somehow erase that character from history because he's boring. And then... and then... the Hulk should totally pop Professor X's head open like he's opening a bottle of Budweiser.

And even though he doesn't have anything against him really, the Hulk should eat Sentry whole and poop him out and then throw the poop into the sun because Sentry is a really really lame character.

yes...
yes!!!!

let the streets of marvelopolis run red with the blood of any who oppose the hulk.
and let the hulk's turds be copiously overstuffed with the chunks of the deceased!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:50 pm

awww yeah
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:58 pm

I have been waiting for this sooooo since the begining of CW...HA HULK SMASH!!!!!!

Forum: Comic Books Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:24 pm Subject: CIVIL WAR--NEW MASSIVE SPOILERS- BEWARE!!!!!!
Well...I believe now that all that has happened in CW doesn't really matter all that much...why you ask? Because I believe the Hulk is going to come back and just straight wipe his ass with whoever is ...

http://zone.aintitcool.com/viewtopic.php?t=32362&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=300
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:03 pm

:evil:

I am in Detroit and can't read WWH until I get back to Cali. I am teh bummed.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

WORLD WAR HULK

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:26 am

The first batch of books came out today..

AND ITS THE SHIZNACK!

Hulk with Black Bolt...

PERFECTION!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:59 am

mmmm, World War Hulk #1 came out last week. But this weeks Iron Man cross over was pretty brilliant in retelling the same fight.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Re: WORLD WAR HULK

Postby unikrunk on Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:39 am

bastard_robo wrote:The first batch of books came out today..

AND ITS THE SHIZNACK!

Hulk with Black Bolt...

PERFECTION!

No kidding -

SPOILER

Hulk hoisting BBs broken ass out of his ship...calling out the Avengers and all...perfect. Best line in the book...

Hulk to Blackbolt after getting 'whispered' at: "I did not come here for your whisper; I came for your SCREAM!"

I am only following the World War Hulk series; I can't bring myself to read the tie-ins.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:08 pm

someone give me a quick run down so far, I dont really frequent funny book shops anymore and my spending is being watched with the bambino on the way.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:21 pm

King Psyz wrote:someone give me a quick run down so far, I dont really frequent funny book shops anymore and my spending is being watched with the bambino on the way.

RIBBONS SPOIL!!!

Hokay, so the Hulk approaches Earth on his flying stone slabmabob. He makes a pit stop on the dark side of the moon, where he strolls on up to the Inhumans and asks to see Black Bolt. Black Bolt whispers and kicks up a whole mess of moon debris. It looks like Hulk is down for the count, but nope! He pummels Black Bolt into submission... not sure whether he killed him though. He then parks his ship over New York City and sends a transmission to everyone in the world, explaining why he's come back to Earth. He tells everyone in Manhattan to evacuate within the next 24 hours if they don't want to die, and demands the presence of Tony Stark, Reed Richards and Dr. Strange. S.H.I.E.L.D. offers amnesty to any unregistered superheroes who help them evacuate Manhattan, and Stark gears up to fight Hulk. At the end of the second night, he attacks in full Hulkbuster regalia, and in the middle of the fight he sends a transmission of his own, an apology of sorts and a promise to fix things. He injects Hulk with nanites in an effort to weaken him and then firebombs him, but when the smoke clears, they're both still standing. Hulk knocks Stark into the Avengers HQ, and proceeds to whale on him so hard that he levels the entire building. At the end of the first issue, Hulk emerges from the rubble and presents Iron Man's crumpled form.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:25 pm

yeah that about covers the awesomeness.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Quiet Storm on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:11 am

I am perfectly fine with one of the Illuminati getting Hulk Smashed permantely (well as long as comic characters stay dead). I know things will most likely go back to the status quo. Since Charles and Strange can't seem to stay dead, I say it is time to dirt nap Tony. He did fight heroically at least.
Quiet Storm
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:15 am

I don't get the impression that Black Bolt is actually dead... just defeated. And if you read Hulk 107 it does show that there is some humanity left in Hulk. Anyway, I just can't imagine this leading to the death of anyone, but I could be surprised. Iron Man, though, seems to be Quesadas love toy right now, so I think he's not going anywhere.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:25 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:Anyway, I just can't imagine this leading to the death of anyone, but I could be surprised. Iron Man, though, seems to be Quesadas love toy right now, so I think he's not going anywhere.

Especially not on the eve of his Feature Film Debut! He's probably going to get five spin-off comics out of that shit.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Quiet Storm on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:31 am

He should at least be crippled, only able to move with the Iron Man suit. Kinda like Old School Tony with the weak heart. If I was doing this I would have Hulk fight almost every Marvel hero, with the end result being that regular humans would rather surrender then be caught in anymore super battles and Hulk ultimately becoming King of the majority of Earth. Namor wouldn't care since Hulk wouldn't interfer with anything underwater, and most mutants are so decimated now and oppressed, most wouldn't challenge Hulk. Eventually he would have to lose in some way. Too bad after this is all over, Hulk will be helping save the world with his "friends" again.
Quiet Storm
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:42 am

I don't think that's "too bad". The Hulk is a super hero after all. I think it will be an interesting road to see him go from dominator to embracing his humanity again. Ultimately, I think Hulk will realize that even if there are 4 douche bags who sent him into space, the rest of the human race is still okay. If there is a revelation like that (which would merge well with his rule as the Green King), then I would be happy with the outcome.

But the writers have said that this is only part two in an epic hulk trilogy, so who knows where this will end up and where Hulk will be next.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:05 am

Anna who would have a thought, after alla this a time... it's a gonna to be a the Hulk that teaches a the Burl how a to love again, eh?

Breaks a the Dino's heart, it does...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby unikrunk on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:35 am

I want Hulk to kill Ben Grimm. There, I said it. And Mr. Fantastic, but mostly The Thing. Oh, and he has to kill Tony Stark, but it should be no big deal; just a back-handed bitch-slap, Tony is flung out of frame, Iron Man no more.

/ta-da!
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:04 am

YOU LEAVE BEN GRIMM OUT OF THIS, YOU MONKEY FUCKER!

;)
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby unikrunk on Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:10 am

Oh, the monkey fucking will continue unabated until Hulk makes an orange puddle out of Ben Grimm.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:13 am

unikrunk wrote:Oh, the monkey fucking will continue unabated until Hulk makes an orange puddle out of Ben Grimm.

Wouldn't he be an orange pile or mound of gravel.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:16 am

Chairman Kaga wrote:
unikrunk wrote:Oh, the monkey fucking will continue unabated until Hulk makes an orange puddle out of Ben Grimm.

Wouldn't he be an orange pile or mound of gravel.

No. I want his ass pounded into base liquid. Everything has water in it, and Grimm is no exception.

I will not be satisfied with a mere pile of rocks; hit it some more Hulk!
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:53 pm

burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby minstrel on Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:29 pm

What's so bad about Ben Grimm?
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby unikrunk on Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:44 pm

minstrel wrote:What's so bad about Ben Grimm?

He's a dip-shit Joe-Six-Pack dooshnozzle, along with the rest of his 'family', that's all. No big whup, just want to see Hulk pound him into orange gravy.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm

so many people for the Hulk to punish... mmmmm
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby minstrel on Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:04 pm

I'd love to see a battle of Hulk vs. Mr. Fantastic.

Reed would just be constantly squeezing his way out from between Hulk's fingers. It would be the single most frustrating fight Hulk ever had! Hulk is used to defeating people by punching them; Reed basically cannot be punched!
minstrel

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:14 pm

Yeh but the hulk could just tie and turn Mr Fantastic into a series of knots.

HULK FTW!!!111ZORS
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby unikrunk on Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:19 pm

Dude, the Hulk would just tie one end of Reed to a lamppost, and then jump around the moon with the other end, repeating until Reed snapped in half.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:23 pm

unikrunk wrote:Dude, the Hulk would just tie one end of Reed to a lamppost, and then jump around the moon with the other end, repeating until Reed snapped in half.

I concede to 'krunk's superior geek knowledge of Hulk methods of destruction. But I would like to make him aware that his introductory post to the zone claimed disdain for any such geek discusiion.

PWNT, Sir!

:wink:
^
^
^

See Moo, please dont ban me :wink:
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby unikrunk on Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:28 pm

pwnt indeed; my hat is off to you, sir.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby minstrel on Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:46 pm

unikrunk wrote:Dude, the Hulk would just tie one end of Reed to a lamppost, and then jump around the moon with the other end, repeating until Reed snapped in half.

And while the Hulk is on his way to the moon, Reed just unties himself. And slips through the Hulk's fingers and snaps back to Earth. Probably painful. The point is, Hulk just couldn't hold onto Reed for more than a couple of seconds.
minstrel

Postby BuckyO'harre on Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:03 pm

He could stretch reed's mouth open and kick over a fire hydrant.

Thus creating the worlds largest water balloon.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:47 pm

BuckyO'harre wrote:He could stretch reed's mouth open and kick over a fire hydrant.

ICALIGULASH!!
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby secret squirrel on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:46 pm

BuckyO'harre wrote:He could stretch reed's mouth open and kick over a fire hydrant.

Now that would be hilarous, so should i pick up the Planet Hulk graphic novel before i read WWH? or can i just pick up and go with it without feeling out of the loop?
LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD!!!! just dont say the 'f' word.
secret squirrel
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby unikrunk on Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:51 pm

secret squirrel wrote:

Now that would be hilarous, so should i pick up the Planet Hulk graphic novel before i read WWH? or can i just pick up and go with it without feeling out of the loop?

I would suggest doing so - it’s a great book, nice binding, great craftsmanship. Plus, the collected issues really flow well into WWH.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:23 pm

I might have to buy both the Planet Hulk and when it comes out, the World War Hulk novels as it sounds like the only funny book storyline to intrest me in years.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Toastie on Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:02 pm

Doesn't hulk eat? Couldn't his like huge gamma ray strengthened choppers just gnaw through Mr. Fantastic's throat? It wouldn't be a punching battle, no. Hulk would have to rend flesh to finish that big (umm.. actually skinny whiny, etc.) white fuckin' stretchy muthafucker off!
Nucleus Accumbens!
Toastie
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby minstrel on Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:21 am

Toastie wrote:Doesn't hulk eat? Couldn't his like huge gamma ray strengthened choppers just gnaw through Mr. Fantastic's throat? It wouldn't be a punching battle, no. Hulk would have to rend flesh to finish that big (umm.. actually skinny whiny, etc.) white fuckin' stretchy muthafucker off!

I think Mr. Fantastic would kinda just squeeze out between Hulk's teeth.

Mr. Fantastic has highly unrendable flesh.
minstrel

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:30 pm

So the X-Men crossover was interesting, and I am glad the X-Kids got some mainstream love, since their title (to me anyway) is the most interesting in the franchise. Basically the story centers around a question that the Hulk HAS to have answered. I must say, I am damn curious to see what the answer is. And I guess I also want to see lots of mayhem too. Mayhem is TITS.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:35 pm

damns, I may need to not wait for the graphic novel.

me want now
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:32 pm

More fun stuff, but a couple of points:

A) How lame was Reed Richard's idea at stopping the Hulk? Answer? Very lame. He deserved to get his head squashed.

B) Romita Jr's rendition of Black Panther is terrible.

C) Can anyone explain what Doc Strange was hoping to accomplish? Or is it supposed to be a total mystery? I mean he's all "KACHING" and the Hulk zips away and the next thing we know he's fighting Hercules? Huh? The Whole thing kind of falls apart at the end there.

My only wish is that The Thing didn't go down so quickly. I feel like pursuing a job at Marvel just so I can write ONE story where The Thing pwns Hulk.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:41 pm

Oh crap... just read WWH X-Men. Best mini series ever? So nice to see everyone give it their all like this. Outside of Astonishing, this is the best X-Men story I have read in ages. Man I grow to love Emma Frost more and more!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:46 pm

Hahaha, sorry to triple post, but Ghost Rider 13 is fantastic too! God I love this event.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:56 pm

Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:19 am

fuckin' a. I wonder who would win in a fight between Hulk and Optimus?!@?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Next

Return to Comic Books