DC To Kill Off [REDACTED]? (SPOILERS!)

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Postby Theta on Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:56 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:
Theta wrote:
Fawst wrote:Ok, I missed something...

How/when did Jason Todd come back from being beat half to death by the Joker with a crowbar, then being blown completely to death by a bomb?

Superboy punched the walls of reality.

No. I am not joking. I wish I were. But I'm not.

Plus they retro-fitted him into the Hush storyline when Clayface was pretending to be Jason Todd back from the dead....except now for half the time it was Jason and then he switched places with Clayface.

Great. As if his revival wasn't idiotic enough, they had to go and add that little dollop of stupidity on top.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:54 am

buster00 wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:[size=7 ]Last week's rumour about Batman kicking the Batbucket to be replaced by a sidekick is kicking up steam. As Valerie D'Orazio picks up on, the original plan was for all the main DC icons to die and be elevated to the status of New Gods as part of the Fifth World, their sidekicks filling the roles they left behind.

However, that plan was abandoned internally at DC and reduced to a Bat-storyline by Grant Morrison. So look for Bruce Wayne New God to go head-to-head with Darkseid in "Final Crisis."[/size]

As if I needed one, this is another good reason for me to hate the new gods.

I actually think that idea would work great as an alternate reality title but not main continuity.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

BATMAN R.I.P.

Postby TheButcher on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:22 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: BATMAN R.I.P.

Postby TheButcher on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:30 am

From CBR:
Batman #681 review by Timothy Callahan
"Batman" #681 is a good issue, and important one, but it also puts an end to the speculation and gamesmanship that has sustained the series over the past six months, and in that regard, it comes with a hint of disappointment as well. But mysteries cannot linger forever, and even while wrapping up some of these, Morrison has left the door open for more to come.

From CBR:
When Words Collide 11.12.2008: WHO IS THE BLACK GLOVE?
Timothy Callahan wrote:Grant Morrison's run on "Batman" began over two years ago, but, chronologically, the first part of what has led into "Batman R.I.P" began in November of 2006, in the pages of the "52" weekly, in a story which illustrated what happened to Batman during his year away from crimefighting. Although "52" #30 hasn't been collected in any of the Morrison "Batman" hardcovers, the Batman, Nightwing, and Robin sequences in that issue formed a prelude to everything Morrison has done with the characters since, and though Morrison is just one of four credited writers on "52," his fingerprints are all over issue #30, "Dark Knight Down."

The opening scene of that issue, as narrated by Dick Grayson, recaps the psychological downfall of Batman, from the early optimism of the first Batman/Robin team through the tragic Jason Todd years, culminating in the events of "Infinite Crisis." "In the end," says Grayson, "he just lost it."

As Batman wanders the Earth, "recreating the journey that turned Bruce Wayne into Batman," Nightwing and Robin discuss the implications: "He wants us to be the new Batman and Robin, right?" says Tim Drake. "It's obvious. I don't know why nobody's saying it."

Two years later, as "Batman R.I.P." comes to a close (in "Batman" #681, scheduled to hit shelves by the end of the month), we are on the verge of that very "obvious" prospect. A new Batman and Robin team, with Dick Grayson possibly behind the cowl -- a new Batman for a new generation. Tim Drake's fate is less apparent, as a new potential Robin has entered the Bat-mythos in the form of Batman's son, Damian. And while all indications point to a Dick Grayson/Damian as Batman/Robin team, it's all still speculation at this point, as DC as is scheduled to run a "Battle for the Cowl" arc in the post-"R.I.P." aftermath, a move which seems to offer multiple possibilities for the future of the Batman character.

But as "Batman R.I.P." nears its conclusion, we do know one thing: the Black Glove will finally be revealed. And Morrison's first major story arc -- the one that began all the way back in "52" #30 -- will finally come to an end.

And in this last week of anticipation, we can still play the game that has thrilled and/or annoyed "Batman" readers for over a year: Who is the Black Glove?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: MARVEL To Kill Off

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:39 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: MARVEL To Kill Off

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:58 am

It's cheaper than a foil hologram on every cover.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: DC To Kill Off [REDACTED]? (SPOILERS!)

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:08 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Grant Morrison's "Batman"

Postby TheButcher on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:11 am

Flashback Friday – Batman: The Black Glove
Alexander Webb wrote:Welcome to the first installment of Flashback Friday with your comic book (and fitness!) consigliere, Alex. Today, we will take a look at a storyline from 2007 that eventually led into one of the most explosive events of the Modern Age of Comics. That event is Final Crisis; the lead-in, and today’s topic, is Batman: The Black Glove.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Grant Morrison's "Batman RIP"

Postby TheButcher on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:43 am

Flashback Friday – Batman RIP
Alexander Webb wrote:Welcome to another installment of Flashback Friday with your comic book (and fitness!) consigliere, Alex. Today, we are following up last week’s flashback with the final story of Grant Morrison’s pre-Crisis Batman run, Batman RIP.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: DC To Kill Off [REDACTED]? (SPOILERS!)

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:42 pm

Superman: Rebirth Shows New 52 Man of Steel is Really, Truly Dead
[Warning: This article contains SPOILERS for “Superman” #52, “DC Universe: Rebirth” #1 and “Superman: Rebirth” #1.]
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Comic Books