2008 Comic Tracker

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:50 am

Back from the dead!

UPDATED!

EDIT: PAGE 2!!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:58 am

StarchildAD wrote:http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=6

AVATAR is a really cool company. I dont care so much for the big breasted woman and zombies (wait.. did I just say that?) but the titles by these top writers are kicking ass. I hope to see projects from Delano, Milligan, and Vietch one day... that would be neat. All in all, some really awesome announcements that further the comic industries selection in AMAZING ways. Cant wait to see these summer announcements. These did not disappoint!

MOD EDIT: Link fixed.

-Moo

Agreed 100% AND I normally love Zombies and Breasts... but they don't got it quite right... but if it funds the good shit - then I'm there! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby silentbobafett on Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:24 am

Added JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE NEW FRONTIER

which I enjoyed so much more than I thought! Great art and great story which keeps you guessing (yet, strangely, not confused) right up until the last - when it is explained!

Gonna check out the film soon!
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby silentbobafett on Fri May 09, 2008 7:22 am

Updated with to excellent but TOTALLY FUCKED UP titles: Chronicles of Wormwood (Ennis) and Strange Kiss (Ellis)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Re: 2008 Comic Tracker

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:27 pm

Looking over my list i think my book of the year so far is a tie between Y #60 and All-Star Superman #10.

And i am pretty sure this Kara cover is my favorite cover of the year.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: 2008 Comic Tracker

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:19 am

Hey all. Now, I may have lapsed a bit in my comic tracker here in the Zone, but I certainly have been keeping track of what I read in 2008. So with that in mind here are Lecko's Best of 2008!

Best Writer: Grant Morrison. Grant returned in a HUGE way in 2008. Concluding All-Star Superman, one of the best Superman stories ever told, destroying Batman in glorious fashion, and finally showing us what it would look like if evil won in Final Crisis. It was a good year to be a Grant Morrison fan.

Best Artist: Gary Frank. Frank gave us more adventures of Christopher Reeve as Superman. He illustrated some truly awesome issues including the new and improved Brainiac and the reintroduction of Legion into Clark's life. And he made them look really, really good.

Best Single Issue: Y: The Last Man #60. A fitting and gut wrenching conclusion to one of the best modern comic books. To this day, that scene with Ampersand is my screen saver. I can't say enough about this amazing comic.

Best Book: Scalped. Jason Aaron delivers the goods every month. The most consistent book I read all year. I believe there were 12 issues released and not a single issue was merely average. That is saying something.

Here's to 2009!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Previous

Return to Comic Books