Dark Phoenix (saga)

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Dark Phoenix (saga)

Postby Chilli on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:29 pm

Looked through threads, didn't see it.

Just rereading it at the moment, and the first chapter alone wipes the floor with X-Men III. Doesn't seem like it'd have been so difficult to translate the basic gist to film (bring Jean back, have her manipulated, she turns evil, they stop her, etc)... but there you go.

Still awesome. Claremont in his prime was fantastic.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Fawst on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:36 pm

Still haven't read this one. Got into the game way too late, but I remember getting the Dark Phoenix card when Marvel Series 2 trading cards came out. That was such an awesome card. The drawing was so sick. My friends and I turned those stupid things into a game of War. We'd come up with a scenario ("Ok, there's a battle in the city." "Ok, they're all fighting in the desert" "Alright, they're in space!"), flip a card and compare the stats with each other. Whoever had the more "logical" useful stat for the scenario would win. I think we figured out that Wolverine wins in the desert, Iron Man took space, and Spiderman won in the city.

Anyways, this seemed like a great storyline. I'm assuming you got this in a TPB?
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:39 pm

Phoenix wins everywhere. She eats suns.

I'm not sure if this discussion would better fit in the Official X-Thread or not.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Chilli on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:47 pm

DennisMM wrote:Phoenix wins everywhere. She eats suns.

I'm not sure if this discussion would better fit in the Official X-Thread or not.

Possibly.

Only reason I didn't put it in immediately was because of the stories magnitude. They've been retelling it for so long, I figured it was worth a separate thread.

Fawst - I bought it in pocket book form. :lol:
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby junesquad on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:48 pm

DennisMM wrote:Phoenix wins everywhere. She eats suns.

I don't know... Phoenix is a pretty strong character... I think she deserves her own thread.

Especially when you post hot pictures of her... yowzahs!
Junesquad
junesquad
AIRWOLF

Return to Comic Books