Batman RIP (Holy Batman, Batman!)

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne

Postby TheButcher on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:55 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

BATMAN: THE RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:02 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Batman RIP (Holy Batman, Batman!)

Postby DennisMM on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:25 pm

That bat slung around his neck is going to smell, hard, after a few days.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Re: BATMAN: THE RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Grant Morrison's Batman Novel

Postby TheButcher on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:20 am

From 4thletter:
Batman & Robin & The Facets of the Joker
Gavok wrote:Earlier today I put up another edition of This Week in Panels. When I was getting the one for Batman and Robin #6, I noticed something odd. A striking similarity that didn’t poke out the first time I read it. At first I was wondering if it was a coincidence, but then I looked further into it and noticed that there were even more similarities. Being that this is Grant Morrison, I knew all of these nods had to be intentional.

One of the things about Dick Grayson as Batman is that he needs his own villain. Yes, he can fight the Joker, but it wouldn’t be the same. They wouldn’t have the magic of Bruce and the Joker as rivals. On the other hand, there’s Jason Todd. Ever since he’s been brought back to life, he’s been wasted potential. Whether he’s Red Hood, Nightwing, Red Robin or Batman with guns, he’s been in one bad story after another. And while Bruce Jones’ horrible Nightwing squandered Dick vs. Jason, the potential is still there. Dick Grayson and Jason Todd are meant to be archenemies. Todd would play off Dick far better than he would Bruce.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby magicmonkey on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:39 am

DennisMM wrote:That bat slung around his neck is going to smell, hard, after a few days.

Perhaps he pickled it? In Formaldehyde?
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby TheButcher on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:35 am

From IGN:
Batman: Recreating the Dark Knight
Grant Morrison and Andy Kubert detail how they created five new Batmen for this summer's Return of Bruce Wayne event.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:08 pm

Ask Chris #237: What The Heck Happened In ‘Batman RIP’?
Chris Sims wrote:Q: Batman RIP: What’s going on in this book? I like Morrison, but I do not follow the plot. — @daingercomics

A: My friend, you have come to the right place. I generally think Grant Morrison gets a bad rap for writing superhero stories that are too complex — a complaint that you see about almost everything he writes going all the way back to “Rock of Ages” in JLA, and probably back to Animal Man if you go looking for it — but R.I.P. is a story with a whole lot of moving parts that can be pretty hard to keep track of unless you’re the kind of person who has been obsessing over the details of 75 years of Batman comics for their entire life.

Fortunately for you, that’s exactly what I am, which is one of the reasons that Batman R.I.P. is probably my favorite Batman story of all time.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Comic Books