Madman - Mike Allred - Fans of

Graphic novels. Weekly rags. The @$$holes.

Madman - Mike Allred - Fans of

Postby Hemi on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:02 pm

Howdy, if your reading this then I assume you are a fan of Madman by Mike Allred (Madman, The Atomics, Red Rocket 7).
Now I absolutely used to love this comic. At the beginning Frank Einstein (Madman) was truly a Madman, sucking out bad guys eyeballs
using his modified yo-yo as a weapon; battling mutant street beatniks. Now I have to say that I stopped buying Madman after the G-Men from Hell collection. Whenever I pick up his latest offerings in the comic shop I could almost cry. The artwork seems to have got lamer and lamer (I know his son is doing the colouring now so I don't know if that has anything to do with it) and the story lines seem to have suffered too. My favourite character has gone from a true eyeball sucking madman to a lame-o dick AND I HATE IT!!
Does anyone out there agree with me or am I being too harsh? I would really like to hear from past and current Madman fans and their
thoughts on the subject. Also I have heard rumours for some years now about a possible Madman movie whcih may or may not be directed by Robert Rodrigeuz of El Mariachi and Desperado Fame. Cmon folks lets banter.

Hemi
Hemi
GLIB

Return to Comic Books