Wish List for Book to Movie Adaptations

This forum caters to our literary tastes.

Postby Peven on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:06 pm

how about a spot on adaptation of Brave New World? works for me.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby MadCapsule on Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:12 pm

I would like to see, not so much a movie, but more of a Band of Brothers-style mega-series made out of just about any of the James Ellroy novels that I've read. I'm partial to American Tabloid and The Cold Six Thousand. To see someone playing Big Pete onscreen would be hardboiled heaven. . .
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby DrLove on Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:22 pm

Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk.

Directed by Dave Fincher or maybe Terry Zwigoff. Or Todd Solandz. Someone who can do sick+funny.

Or if someone could pull off Invisible Monsters that would really be impressive.

Also The Tesseract by Alex Garland, and Desperation/The Regulators by Stephen King as a double act.
DrLove
GLIB

Postby You Know My Name on Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:03 pm

Peven wrote:how about a spot on adaptation of Brave New World? works for me.

The Sci Fi Channel made a TV movie in 1998: http://imdb.com/title/tt0145600/
You Know My Name
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Kilgore on Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:47 pm

Any of the three books Matt Ruff has written - 'Fool on the Hill' but it would have to be fairly long to get in everything and everyone that makes this story great, 'Sewer, Gas and Electric' would likely be the most 'fun' of them, and easier to condense into a workable two hours, and 'Set This House In Order' which is way off the vibe of the first two, but would be a knockout for the right actors...

I got the first book as a gift fourteen years ago, figured this guy would be huge in the Vonnegut-fan community, but he gets zilcho big-chain run when the new stuff comes out. Too bad, probably my favorite modern author.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:28 am

The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes.

Give it to Spielburg or Ron Howard and get Hanks or Crowe to do it and it will be mint.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Airstrike on Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:17 am

Otherland by Tad Williams

However no one out there seems to have the guts anymore to do hard edged, real honest-to-god sci-fi. Sad.
Airstrike
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Peven on Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:45 pm

You Know My Name, did they make it true to the book? anything significant left out, added, or changed? that would be tits if made something that was truly faithful to the book and was well produced and acted.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby You Know My Name on Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:29 pm

Peven wrote:You Know My Name, did they make it true to the book? anything significant left out, added, or changed? that would be tits if made something that was truly faithful to the book and was well produced and acted.

I didn't see it. You can read the reviews on imdb though.
You Know My Name
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Buguer on Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:06 pm

The Icewind Dale Trilogy by R. A. Salvatore, a live action Drizzt would kick ass

The Sandman comics by Neil Gaiman, maybe a set of 5 movies!
Buguer
GLIB

Postby Lady Sheridan on Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:15 am

I would love to see one of Connie Willis' books made into a film--she is such a movie geek, I am surprised she hasn't sold a screenplay. Ideally, i'd love to see "Doomsday Book," which I swear to god Michael Crichton ripped "Timeline" off of. But hers is actually good and historically accurate. "To Say Nothing of the Dog" is hysterical, but is the world ready for a time travel comedy set in Edwardian England? I don't think so.
"Passage" would make one hell of a freaky movie. You'd have a rash of films imitating the gut wrenching twist in the middle.

I've always wanted to see a GOOD adaptation of Dean Koontz's "Watchers." I haven't read it in years, so maybe I'd read it now and think it sucked. It was the first horror book I had ever read and it scared me. Plus I like dogs. But they've made three shitty ones, spending the money it would take to make one good film.

And I've always been disappointed King's "Bag of Bones" and "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" never got made into films, especially the latter.

The Silmarillion would never work as a film, but I could see it as a tv series or something...really. With a good budget, I think it could be done.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:54 am

Lady Sheridan wrote:The Silmarillion would never work as a film, but I could see it as a tv series or something...really. With a good budget, I think it could be done.

I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again, the Story of Beren and Luthien would make a hell of a film.

You got Sauron in the flesh, one of the most badass hounds in all of fiction, a psychotic wolf, dismemberment, love, redemption, singing...the works.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lady Sheridan on Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:03 pm

Oh yeah! It's an incredible story. The perfect fantasy movie.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Peven on Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:22 pm

this isn't earthshattering stuff by any means, but it WAS news to me, and good news at that. i was reading an interview with Stephen R Donaldson that was done in October of '05 about his latest Thomas Covenant book, The Runes of the Earth, where he confirmed to the interviewer that an option to the rights for Lord Foul's Bane had been purchased. now, i realize that is just a first little step in the right direction and nothing may ever come of it, but for a Donaldson fan like myself its something to grab onto in hope of the Covenant series coming to the big screen someday.
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Carolian on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:10 pm

BUMP, because I'm reading Colleen McCullough's THE FIRST MAN IN ROME, and now I understand why some people wished that ROME (the HBO series) was set during the time of Sulla and Marius. This one's dying for an adaptation.
The whole world's wild at heart and weird on top.

This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.
Carolian
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Lady Sheridan on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:10 pm

The Niebulungenlied!
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby DennisMM on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:34 pm

DrLove wrote:Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk.

Directed by Dave Fincher or maybe Terry Zwigoff. Or Todd Solandz. Someone who can do sick+funny.

Or if someone could pull off Invisible Monsters that would really be impressive.

Also The Tesseract by Alex Garland, and Desperation/The Regulators by Stephen King as a double act.

Both Palahniuk books were optioned and I think one young actress was pushing hard for Invisible Monsters. I wondered if she realized she'd be playing 90 percent of it under an opaque veil and almost mute, with just VO narration.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby jrains1 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:43 am

Peter David's Knight Life would make quite a fun film. It is not as epic as many of the other works being discussed, but it is some great satirical fantasy.

In short, King Arthur is reawaken in modern day and runs for mayor of New York. You get Merlin, Modred, Morgan Le Fey, and a reincarnated Queen Gwen and Sir Lancelot.

After 10 long centuries spent trapped in a magical cave, King Arthur is finally rescued by a pint-sized, wisecracking Merlin, who has aged backwards enough to slip through the bars of his own prison. The "once and future king" arrives, in armor, no less, on the streets of the Big Apple. Soon, with the help of Master Merlin, the charmingly anachronistic and good-hearted "Arthur Penn" is running for mayor of New York.
jrains1
GLIB

Postby HollywoodBabylon on Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:09 pm

Hubert Selby Junior's darkest masterpiece 'The Room' would make a brilliant movie adaptation if not for the fact that, even by todays standards, it's subject matter would render it virtually unfilmable.
It's a deeply disturbing, upsetting novel about the horrific and sadistic revenge fantasies of an insane man.
Reading it is like being kicked hard in your soul and gut. It's a difficult book, no doubt, but a great one and permeated throughout with Selby's trademark compassion and beauty. He was a great writer and thank God the movie industry has served him well with two fine adaptations already: 'Last Exit To Brooklyn' and Aronofsky's fine 'Requiem For A Dream.'
HollywoodBabylon
AIRWOLF

Postby raasnio on Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:07 pm

Rendezvous With Rama - Arthur C. Clarke

David Fincher and Morgan Freeman were going to make it and the studios didn't warm to the idea.

If I had the money they would have started this film by now. 2001 is a classic, why not make another classic?? RWR is an even better story than 2001, imo.
raasnio
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Al Shut on Thu May 11, 2006 5:56 am

A wild ride through the night by Walter Moers.

I'm not sure how the actual story might work as a movie, but the basic concept, basing the story (and of course the whole look of a potential movie) on illustrations by Gustave Dore combined with the endless imagination of Moers is pure brilliance.

Terry Gilliam wrote: It seems to be my mission in life to make Doré alive.

I think that makes it pretty clear who would be my first choice as director. Poor guy, if he would do every movie we want him to do he would have to become at least 500 years old.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu May 11, 2006 6:52 pm

I don't know if I've mentioned it in this thread before, because I'm too lazy to check, but it's my dream to one day direct the entire PREACHER saga, in like six films (filmed at once, a la LOTR) or a 12 part mini-series or something.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Lurker Johnson on Thu May 11, 2006 7:26 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:I don't know if I've mentioned it in this thread before, because I'm too lazy to check, but it's my dream to one day direct the entire PREACHER saga, in like six films (filmed at once, a la LOTR) or a 12 part mini-series or something.

That gets a wholehearted seconding from me, my friend. It's been a while since I've read them, but what a concept! Cassidy would be awsome to see on screen. Any casting ideas?
Lurker Johnson
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby TonyWilson on Thu May 11, 2006 7:42 pm

There is a not very well known book about a rock band starting out in the music business called Powder written by Kevin Sampson, it's not a brilliantly written book, not even a brilliant book, but it would make a superb film, it's plotted in a three act structure (wether this is intentional or not is debatable) the characters are begging for James Lance and Noah Taylor to play them and it's full of perverted sex, drugs and drama.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Seppuku on Sun May 14, 2006 5:04 pm

rserocki wrote:I'd be interested in Roger Zelanzy's Lord of Light as a movie, if only because of all the Mighty Thor-esque concept art Jack Kirby Grande Rojo's favorite person for it: http://www.lordoflight.com/art.html

I love a good old 9-month delayed response.

I really loved this book too, and in a way you could say it was a Watchmen/Incredibles precursor (all these crazy gods/supermen with their unique powers living amongst us Earthlings).

Plus you've sure got a point with that Jack Kirby remark, you could get some stunning artwork and set-design in this film. Not least the giant light gun...thing (it's been a while since I read this book so give me a break) that Yama builds.

Why on Earth Hollywood constantly mines the same old source material when there are books like this ripe for adaptation I'll never know. Did I mention that it'll feature every Hindu God...even Ganesh the godmaker, and BOTH Krishnas?

Good call Rserocki

Don't worry for you Devout Atheists out there, all is not as it seems..... (SPOILER).

The gods are actually aliens
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby sleepflower on Sun May 14, 2006 6:11 pm

WICKED - the ;life and times of the wicked witch of the west
The Noblest Pleasure is The Joy of Understanding
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby Logan5 on Mon May 15, 2006 11:22 am

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but;
Coupland's Girlfriend in a Coma directed by Richard Kelly.
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun May 21, 2006 6:14 pm

As per the tentative story on the main page, anyone think HBO actually has the balls to do it? I mean, that would be the only medium that could possibly capture the entirety of Preacher *right* (if that's even possible) . . . but I can't even decide if I'd want it to be a live action miniseries, at this point (could live action really do it justice?), or animated (in maybe a higher quality/celebrity voiced version of the Spawn series). I'm torn. What do you guy think?

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Peven on Sun May 21, 2006 6:21 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:As per the tentative story on the main page, anyone think HBO actually has the balls to do it? I mean, that would be the only medium that could possibly capture the entirety of Preacher *right* (if that's even possible) . . . but I can't even decide if I'd want it to be a live action miniseries, at this point (could live action really do it justice?), or animated (in maybe a higher quality/celebrity voiced version of the Spawn series). I'm torn. What do you guy think?

not familiar with the premise, Iconoclastica. what about it are you worried HBO wouldn't be able to adapt well? would it require a season-long series? more than that? as for subject material, if considering what HBO has allowed with "Deadwood" are you really afraid they would not have the balls to produce something with a hard edge?

oh yeah, and btw, dig the new avatar. :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TonyWilson on Sun May 21, 2006 6:27 pm

Peven wrote:
Iconoclastica wrote:As per the tentative story on the main page, anyone think HBO actually has the balls to do it? I mean, that would be the only medium that could possibly capture the entirety of Preacher *right* (if that's even possible) . . . but I can't even decide if I'd want it to be a live action miniseries, at this point (could live action really do it justice?), or animated (in maybe a higher quality/celebrity voiced version of the Spawn series). I'm torn. What do you guy think?

not familiar with the premise, Iconoclastica. what about it are you worried HBO wouldn't be able to adapt well? would it require a season-long series? more than that? as for subject material, if considering what HBO has allowed with "Deadwood" are you really afraid they would not have the balls to produce something with a hard edge?

Times the Da Vinci code controversy by about a million and that's the issue with Preacher.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun May 21, 2006 6:30 pm

Peven wrote:

Haha I don't want to spoil anything, but I assure you, the material is far more controversial than that of Deadwood, and I really wonder if any director would be willing/able to touch on the most sensitive themes, nonetheless the incredible amount of (what many would consider beyond and realm of "gratuitous") violence. Most fans of the comic find those things to be as amazing as they deserve, and would not settle for a tones down version. And yes, it would require at least an entire season to adapt the entire story line. The trade paperback is nine volumes long, and I can't imagine them only covering central storylines, because the large number of collateral characters are essential to the central storyline, and are also essential to the entertainment value :-). If you think there is any chance of this being made, I highly recommend either reading the series in its entirety, or waiting to view it - spoiling it by reading all of the plot points on Wiki would be a shame.
Last edited by Iconoclastica on Sun May 21, 2006 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Peven on Sun May 21, 2006 6:30 pm

TonyWilson wrote:
Peven wrote:

Times the Da Vinci code controversy by about a million and that's the issue with Preacher.

so, the subject material is sacriligious? how so? anything like what i have seen about "His Dark Materials" books?

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun May 21, 2006 6:33 pm

Peven wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:
Peven wrote:

so, the subject material is sacriligious? how so? anything like what i have seen about "His Dark Materials" books?

Much worse. Honestly, if you're curious, I really recommend just reading it. It's one of those things that, if spoiled, loses a lot of its effectiveness (especially because it's just one shock after another, which is a rare virtue in any artform)

EDIT: haha, thanks for the AV - oooh that fantasy art thread is more entertaining than it should be :-p
Last edited by Iconoclastica on Sun May 21, 2006 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun May 21, 2006 6:36 pm

raasnio wrote:Rendezvous With Rama - Arthur C. Clarke

David Fincher and Morgan Freeman were going to make it and the studios didn't warm to the idea.

If I had the money they would have started this film by now. 2001 is a classic, why not make another classic?? RWR is an even better story than 2001, imo.

/SIGNED!

Great books, all of them.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Sun May 21, 2006 6:39 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:
Peven wrote:

Haha I don't want to spoil anything, but I assure you, the material is far more controversial than that of Deadwood, and I really wonder if any director would be willing/able to touch on the most sensitive themes, nonetheless the incredible amount of (what many would consider beyond and realm of "gratuitous") violence. Most fans of the comic find those things to be as amazing as they deserve, and would not settle for a tones down version. And yes, it would require at least an entire season to adapt the entire story line. The trade paperback is nine volumes long, and I can't imagine them only covering central storylines, because the large number of collateral characters are essential to the central storyline, and are also essential to the entertainment value :-). If you think there is any chance of this being made, I highly recommend either reading the series in its entirety, or waiting to view it - spoiling it by reading all of the plot points on Wiki would be a shame.

i'll have to add it to my to-buy list when i go down to Borders next time. how involved are they? will i go through them so fast that i should buy more than 1 at a time?

if you enjoy some hardcore sci-fi/fantasy, check out the Gap series Stephen R Donaldson, five 400+ page books of really good science fiction that couldn't be made faithfully into a movie without getting an NC-17 rating, due to violence and sex, and violent sex :wink: , but not trashy either. requires a good vocabulary and is nothing close to fluff as it gets into some "techy" issues at times, but you are obviously pretty educated so you should have no problems.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun May 21, 2006 7:01 pm

Peven wrote:
Iconoclastica wrote:
Peven wrote:

i'll have to add it to my to-buy list when i go down to Borders next time. how involved are they? will i go through them so fast that i should buy more than 1 at a time?

if you enjoy some hardcore sci-fi/fantasy, check out the Gap series Stephen R Donaldson, five 400+ page books of really good science fiction that couldn't be made faithfully into a movie without getting an NC-17 rating, due to violence and sex, and violent sex :wink: , but not trashy either. requires a good vocabulary and is nothing close to fluff as it gets into some "techy" issues at times, but you are obviously pretty educated so you should have no problems.

It's actually 8 volumes, I should know that :oops:

But it varies - I have friends who have read the entire series in a weekend, others who it took weeks. It depends on your usual graphic-novel/trade paperback speed (i.e. how much time do you spend looking at the gorgeous frames? etc)

Thanks for the recommendation - I have a pretty full list of books for my brief summer "break" from classes, but I"ll definitely keep it in mind should I miraculously turn into a speed[reading] demon ^_^

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Flumm on Sun May 21, 2006 7:28 pm

I haven't read Preacher yet, but it's been sitting in my amazon basket for months now.

I think you make an interesting point about bring it to life as an animation, Iconny. It's funny how things some things seem a little ridiculous before they happen, or that once they have come into being, that no one had concieved of them beforehand. If anything, they usually feel overdue for people who have been watching the various elements come together....

I long for the day when we have a serious, big budget, anime series treated with the resepct that the genre deserves. When we sit down to watch our primetime viewing, we are just as much likely to view something drawn, or created as we are performed or recited. Where teh average audiences are open to such kinds of storytelling.

Perhaps this is the right project at the right time? Afterall how far has the evoloution of TV as a serious medium comparable to cinema come in recent years? How long now have we been watching the blending of animation into popular culture? The forraging of geek popculture too for source material?

I only know so much about Preacher, but it seems ripe for the picking, overdue you could say...

And wouldn't it be a glorious day, if we could have an animated series of the same quality as the original seems to be? With the amazing freedoms that animations permits? Yet with full modern production values and have it treated as equal to our best live action television, and sit alongside shows like Deadwood, Or The Wire, or BSG, or 24?

The first step has to be taken somewhere...
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun May 21, 2006 7:32 pm

Flumm, you're my hero . . . no human can compare to your eloquence :-)

I really hope that films like A Scanner Darkly and even the unprecedented success of Adult Swim help to pave the way for that . . . only then would some of these resources finally get the film treatments they deserve (and perhaps it would be the ultimate cure for the high budget/low income duds of recent history?)

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Flumm on Sun May 21, 2006 7:57 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:Flumm, you're my hero . . . no human can compare to your eloquence :-)

:oops: Yeah but you wear giant ram horns better than I do. Accessorizing was never really my forte. :roll:

Iconoclastica wrote:I really hope that films like A Scanner Darkly and even the unprecedented success of Adult Swim help to pave the way for that . . . only then would some of these resources finally get the film treatments they deserve (and perhaps it would be the ultimate cure for the high budget/low income duds of recent history?)

You know I had even forgotten about A Scanner Darkly and had to look up Adult Swim. The more I think about it, the more it seems obvious. There's a big, serious, animated TV show, brewing out there in the ether somewhere, waiting to collectively pwn us all, geek and non geek alike. Binding us one and all into a future of mind expanding artistic freedoms and status quo imploding creative delights not known since Dino De Laurentiis first stepped onto a movie set.

I feel it in my ...erm...

:shock:

I feel it!!!
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun May 21, 2006 8:14 pm

Hehe, yes - there may yet be hope for man (ahem, and robot) kind

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby athenabodicea on Sun May 21, 2006 8:46 pm

Hahahahaha...
Great timing here eh???
Wonder who they'd get to play Tulip??? ;)
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun May 21, 2006 8:49 pm

athenabodicea wrote:

Hahahahaha...
Great timing here eh???

IPAMPILASH . . . I wonder if Famke Janssen could fit the bill? :wink:

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby athenabodicea on Sun May 21, 2006 8:50 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:
athenabodicea wrote:

Hahahahaha...
Great timing here eh???

She would be great... nice call...
But I doubt she'd do HBO....????
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun May 21, 2006 8:53 pm

athenabodicea wrote:
Iconoclastica wrote:
athenabodicea wrote:

Hahahahaha...
Great timing here eh???

Well, it'd be about ten steps up from her Nip/Tuck transvestite stint not too long ago, so I imagine it wouldn't be something she'd turn her nose up to . . .

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby athenabodicea on Sun May 21, 2006 8:59 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:
athenabodicea wrote:
Iconoclastica wrote:
athenabodicea wrote:

Hahahahaha...
Great timing here eh???

Well, it'd be about ten steps up from her Nip/Tuck transvestite stint not too long ago, so I imagine it wouldn't be something she'd turn her nose up to . . .

OMG!!!!
No way... I never saw that..... :oops:
But there is no way Famke can go from being Phoenix/Jean Grey to being Tulip...Sorry.. that's a downgrade... ;)

I pick Scarlett Johansen (ideally)....
That's better...lol
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun May 21, 2006 10:16 pm

nah - I don't think Scarlett has enough of an edge (but that's just me, I've heard I'm in the minority on that) . . . Kate Beckinsale's another big name I'd consider worthy . . . or even someone like Jessica Biel (she's wrong for the part, but at least she has balls) . . . I dunno - I'll think about it and report back to you on "The Official Fantasy Comic Cast Thread" . . . (which also had some damn interesting suggestions):

Nachokoolaid wrote:For those not convinced of my casting of Ledger as Jesse Custer, (heck, even I was unsure), well, hopefully after seeing this you'll come around to my casting.

I present, the dream cast PREACHER teaser poster.

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Alex DeLarge on Sun May 21, 2006 10:26 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:nah - I don't think Scarlett has enough of an edge (but that's just me, I've heard I'm in the minority on that) . . . Kate Beckinsale's another big name I'd consider worthy . . . or even someone like Jessica Biel (she's wrong for the part, but at least she has balls) . . . I dunno - I'll think about it and report back to you on "The Official Fantasy Comic Cast Thread" . . . (which also had some damn interesting suggestions):

Nachokoolaid wrote:For those not convinced of my casting of Ledger as Jesse Custer, (heck, even I was unsure), well, hopefully after seeing this you'll come around to my casting.

Haven't read the comics(been meaning to for a while though) but that looks like a badass poster.
Alex DeLarge
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Iconoclastica on Sun May 21, 2006 10:28 pm

Alex DeLarge wrote:
Iconoclastica wrote:nah - I don't think Scarlett has enough of an edge (but that's just me, I've heard I'm in the minority on that) . . . Kate Beckinsale's another big name I'd consider worthy . . . or even someone like Jessica Biel (she's wrong for the part, but at least she has balls) . . . I dunno - I'll think about it and report back to you on "The Official Fantasy Comic Cast Thread" . . . (which also had some damn interesting suggestions):

Haven't read the comics(been meaning to for a while though) but that looks like a badass poster.

I know, right? Nacho hit the nail on the head with that one (and anyone who has read it would not have seen that coming - Jesse Custard is the absolute antithesis of a homosexual cowboy in every way imaginable) . . . if only he had the means to make it happen, I think the world would be a better place for it . . .
Last edited by Iconoclastica on Sun May 21, 2006 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Peven on Sun May 21, 2006 10:29 pm

Heath needs to make a Road Warrior sequel before taking on any other major projects. he also needs to sign on to do a promotional campaign for Heath bars. i mean, why hasn't his agent lined this up already? :wink: :lol:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Sun May 21, 2006 10:58 pm

i want to see an awesome theatrical version of "bunnicula"
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

PreviousNext

Return to AICN Books