Lendable eBooks . . .

This forum caters to our literary tastes.

Lendable eBooks . . .

Postby Nice Marmot on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Got a Nook for Father's Day. Never would have even considered it, but it seems like a fantastic new toy. I bought Gaiman's 'Fragile Things' off of Barnes & Noble.

So I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on lendability of these things. Barely anything I'm interested is showing as lendable at Barnes & Noble. But some of the ones that aren't ARE available to borrow through my local libraries online. What's the deal there?

And who decides what is and isn't lendable at B&N? The publishing co.? The store? The author?
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Re: Lendable eBooks . . .

Postby Bloo on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:41 pm

I've got a Kindle and I'm pretty well hooked myself and yeah that was my one complaint as well. I *ahem* did some "searching" *ahem* and found some *cough*sites*cought* that I could get several books at in the mobi format, but "elendable" would be great. Maybe check with your local library if your state library system offers anything like that. (I know in Kansas our state libary system has a webpage, you registar and then can download audio books for a set amount of time. I don't know if they are expanding that toward the ebook market yet or not)
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Re: Lendable eBooks . . .

Postby Nice Marmot on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:03 pm

I have all kinds of ebooks on hold through my local library. Just wondering why I can borrow those but not lend out the majority of books I might decide to buy from B&N.

I joined this site and am hoping that I'll get a response for the books I am wanting. . .

http://ebooklendinglibrary.com/
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Return to AICN Books