Timberwolves-- A Novel Written by a Zoner

This forum caters to our literary tastes.

Timberwolves-- A Novel Written by a Zoner

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:13 am

Holy shit. Guys, it's been a long time. Back in the mid 2010s, the email that I used to create this account was hacked, and I lost access to it. Any time I tried to submit the "forgot password" reset, it would send it to the email that I no longer had access to. Through the miracles of modern technology, I regained that access today. When it worked, I was shocked. And with this power, I was able to re log-in to the Zone for the first time since 2014. June 25, 2014, at 2:41 p.m. to be exact. Man, it's been a long six and a half years!

A bit of history, for you new guys or people who are going senile already (we're getting old, huh?), I'm Nachokoolaid. I was a Decemberist, one of the original Zoners from back in the early days of the Zone. I joined on Dec. 9th, 2005. Some of you may remember some of my epic battles of wits with Cpt Kirks 2Pay or you might remember the Zone Movie Journal idea that I started back then where everyone would reserve their spots and keep track of all the films they've watched that year. Seems like only yesterday.

Anyway, so I've been away for a long stretch, but I wasn't dormant. I actually started writing a book. And here's where I need your help, Zoners. I recently published it, and as you can imagine, it's selling like hot cakes. Actually, it's not. But you can help me out by checking it out, buying a copy, and leaving me a nice review on Amazon or GoodReads.

Here's the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Timberwolves-Frank-Nix-ebook/dp/B08KD9RTXJ/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1607315397&sr=8-1

If you also interested in some digital artwork or my blog, you can check it out at my website: https://www.franknix.com/

Or follow me on Twitter @FrankNix. If you do, let me know you're from the Zone, and we can chat.

I know this sounds like I'm begging, but honestly, it's like the cost of a value meal at a burger joint or something, and it would help me validate a decade of work. I'd appreciate your help here guys. Moreover, if you like it, can you do what you can to spread the word to friends and family. It seems like word of mouth is one of the only ways to find success if you're self-publishing and you have no budget. I'm proud of what I accomplished here, even if the book's launch wasn't everything I'd dreamed of, and I hope I can convince you to help me now when I need it.

What do you say?
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Re: Timberwolves-- A Novel Written by a Zoner

Postby Wolfpack on Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:31 am

All books have spines. This is the only one with balls.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:06 pm

We have another Zoner who is an author... https://www.thomasgaffney.com/
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:11 pm

so sorry wrote:We have another Zoner who is an author... https://www.thomasgaffney.com/

So is this like aThunderdome situation? Two men enter. One man leaves. Or Highlander. There can be only one...
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Ribbons on Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:36 pm

You have my axe!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:12 pm

Ribbons wrote:You have my axe!

Does that mean I made a sale? Or is this a metaphorical axe?
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Ribbons on Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:05 pm

Well the long-term plan is to write a positive review, but that might take awhile.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:36 am

Ribbons wrote:Well the long-term plan is to write a positive review, but that might take awhile.

Thanks man. Those reviews are like gold in the Amazon marketplace, and that's one thing I lack. They're really picky on who can leave reviews too. My first three readers were denied from leaving a review for reasons that haven't really been explained to me.
Last edited by Nachokoolaid on Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Ribbons on Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:02 pm

I just bought a copy. Now begins the two-year process of reading it.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:22 am

Ribbons wrote:I just bought a copy. Now begins the two-year process of reading it.

Many thanks. Let me know what you think when you finally get to it. Hell, if you get to something at any point in the book that tickles your fancy, comment on it here, and I'll chat with you about it.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:14 am

So, I created a facebook author's page. If you're the Facebooking type, give it a like and follow if you don't mind.

https://www.facebook.com/Frank-Nix-Author-and-Artist-105719128109925
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:02 pm

So...bad news. The Facebook overlords disabled my author account, so that link above is currently dead. I'm hoping to get it reactivated. Their algorithm thought I was a bot, and apparently you can't talk to real people at Facebook, so I'm having trouble getting the lights turned back on.

On a positive note, if you put off giving my book a try because of the price, the Kindle version is currently 75% off, so take advantage of that.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KD9RTXJ

Thanks.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Return to AICN Books