QUEEN - Freddie Mercury biopic

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Re: QUEEN - Freddie Mercury biopic

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:33 am

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46566

Holy shit, did it take 4 years to get Cohen to do this movie?
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Fievel on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:59 am

Retardo_Montalban wrote:http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46566

It took that long to get the mustache right.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby DerLanghaarige on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:11 am

Hm...comedian in a serious role, biopic, I smell Oscars.

(I'm not saying that Cohen won't give a great performance. He has lots of talent and from Peter Sellers over Jim Carrey right down to Martin Short comedians have more than once proved that they can give brillant performances in more serious toned material.)
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Jazzmaverickjim on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Do you think we will find out how Freddie got AIDS?
Jazzmaverickjim
GLIB

Postby minstrel on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:17 pm

Jazzmaverickjim wrote:Do you think we will find out how Freddie got AIDS?

I bet the new Republican nominee for Senate from Delaware, Christine O'Donnell, thinks he got AIDS by masturbating.

Sorry. She just kinda pisses me off. That's all I'm going to say about that.

I'm a fan of Freddie and I'm looking forward to this biopic. He was the champions.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:05 am

Cohen better die with dignity with "Who Wants to Live Forever" playing in the background, just like Freddy did.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am

Fievel wrote:
Retardo_Montalban wrote:http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46566

It took that long to get the mustache right.

and another 4 years to perfect the teeth implants.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:00 am

I'm glad you guys aren't all kneejerking against Cohen as Freddie. I think it's actually a really good choice. I hope they do just use real Freddie recordings for the singing and have Cohen lipsync.

I'm not the biggest fan of biopics. I find they usually end up being great performance pieces with the story arcs being kinda scattered and not building all that well (just like in.....real life).

I was actually just in Montreux a few weeks ago visintg the Freddie Mercury monument.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby papalazeru on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:22 am

Spandau Belly wrote:I'm glad you guys aren't all kneejerking against Cohen as Freddie. I think it's actually a really good choice. I hope they do just use real Freddie recordings for the singing and have Cohen lipsync.

I'm not the biggest fan of biopics. I find they usually end up being great performance pieces with the story arcs being kinda scattered and not building all that well (just like in.....real life).

I was actually just in Montreux a few weeks ago visintg the Freddie Mercury monument.

I guarantee they won't put in the story what I know about Freddie Mercury. A friend of mine went to one of Freddie's Parties once, with Anita Dobson.

It was bat shit calligula insane.

and I agree, Cohen is a good choice.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby DennisMM on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:16 pm

I've read, with most of the details edited, about Mercury's parties. The man knew how to throw a 'do. Cohen could be great in this, so long as he submerges himself in Freddie.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby papalazeru on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:00 pm

DennisMM wrote:I've read, with most of the details edited, about Mercury's parties. The man knew how to throw a 'do. Cohen could be great in this, so long as he submerges himself in Freddie.

Well, there's one act I've not heard Freddy do.

Ba-dum Tsh!

papalazeru

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:14 pm

DennisMM wrote:I've read, with most of the details edited, about Mercury's parties. The man knew how to throw a 'do. Cohen could be great in this, so long as he submerges himself in Freddie.

I'm sure there were quite a few men who attempted that feat at the height of Queen's success.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby papalazeru on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:54 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:

I'm sure there were quite a few men who attempted that feat at the height of Queen's success.

One of them includes a needle, saline solution and a flashlight (the one I know about anyway).

papalazeru

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:54 pm

So who do you think they'll get to direct this?

Ang Lee is good at the more tender somber gay moments, but Zach Snyder is good at the big showy theatrical gay moments. I think they should co-direct.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Hermanator X on Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:21 am

Spandau Belly wrote:I was actually just in Montreux a few weeks ago visintg the Freddie Mercury monument.

Its a damn fine monument too. Montreaux is a hell of a nice place. At least during festival season.

Cohen is a good choice, and done well, this could be a damn fine movie. Theres certainly enough material to make something interesting.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:48 am

Mercury is a fascinating person. Lots of different sides to him. One of those world's greatest showmen/shy reclusive mildmannered guys. His music alone showed such a range in tone from tender emotion to very cheeky humour to melodramatic fantasy.

I think his life was mostly a happy one full of living his dreams and giving back to the people he loved. I know he had a sensational death, being the highest profile AIDS death I can think of, but I'd like to see a generally uplifting movie. Freddie going out singing "too much love will kill you every time" always struck me as the last words of a very grateful man.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:31 am

Dexter Fletcher Out As Director Of Freddie Mercury Pic; Creative Differences Cited
Flash - Queen (Official Music Video)

Rocky III, Queen and the Eye of The Tiger
TIL After denied rights to use "Another One Bites the Dust" for Rocky III, Sylvester Stallone hired Survivor to write an original song instead, which turned out to be "Eye Of The Tiger".
From interview with song writer:

"I came home from shopping one day and heard a message on the answering machine from Sylvester Stallone. At first, I thought it was a joke, but I called the number and sure enough, Stallone answered. He told me that he loved the band and had heard “Poor Man’s Son” and “Take You On A Saturday” from our Premonition album and wanted that same kind of “street” sound for his new movie, Rocky III.

He sent us a video montage of the movie and Frankie (Sullivan) and I watched it together. There were scenes of Rocky getting a little “soft” (doing the Visa card commercials) and Mr. T “rising up” with his Mohawk. It was electric. The temp music they used to accompany the montage was “Another One Bites The Dust” by Queen. I remember asking Stallone why he just didn’t use that song for the movie and he said it was because they couldn’t get the publishing rights for it. At that point I just said, “Thank you, Queen!” [laughs]

I had my Les Paul and a small amp that we had set up in the kitchen. I turned down the sound and just started playing the little intro [mimics the intro], just feeling that pulse. Then I added to it when I saw the punches being thrown, trying to score the chords in time with the punches. We couldn’t get any farther because we didn’t have the whole movie.

Fortunately, we were able to get a copy of the finished movie with the promise that we’d send it right back the next day. At that point, we had become totally enamored in the movie and when I heard that phrase: “Hey Rocky, you’re losing the eye of the tiger” I remember turning to Frankie and saying, “Well, there’s the name of our song!” Once we had the title, the challenge became telling the story.

Four days later we gathered the troops, went into the Chicago Recording Company and recorded it."

EDIT: They also won a grammy for the song in 1983.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:10 am

Rocky is so inspirational that he can actually inspire his own theme song to believe in itself and become the theme song and title of a totally different movie.

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Wed May 28, 2014 10:22 am

Queen Plans New Album With Unreleased Freddie Mercury Songs
Nikara Johns wrote:Queen is planning to release a new album of previously unheard Freddie Mercury vocals from the ’80s, the band’s guitarist Brian May has revealed.

In an interview with BBC Radio, May said, “We found a few more tracks with Freddie singing and all of us playing, and they’re quite beautiful. People will be hearing this work toward the end of the year
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Mr. Robot is a Queen!

Postby TheButcher on Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:59 am

Variety:
‘Mr. Robot’ Star Rami Malek to Play Freddie Mercury in Queen Biopic
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Bryan Singer's QUEEN?

Postby TheButcher on Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:41 am

MR. ROBOT Guy To Play Freddy Mercury, Possibly For Bryan Singer
Rami Malek is hitting the big time, but can he hit the high notes?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:29 am

THR DECEMBER 01, 2017:
Fox Halts Production on Queen Biopic Due to Bryan Singer Absence
Aaron Couch, Mia Galuppo & Borys Kit wrote:Fox has halted production on the studio's Queen biopic, Bohemian Rhapsody, due to the "unexpected unavailability" of director Bryan Singer.

Rami Malek is starring as the legendary frontman Freddie Mercury in the movie that had been filming in London.

"Twentieth Century Fox Film has temporarily halted production on Bohemian Rhapsody due to the unexpected unavailability of Bryan Singer," reads Fox's full statement. The crew received force majeure letters today, says one insider.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Singer failed to return to set after the Thanksgiving holiday break, leaving producers nervous about the state of the production and talking about potentially replacing him.

In a statement to the BBC, a rep for the director says his absence is due to "a personal health matter concerning Bryan and his family." However, sources say that filming on the biopic has not been easy. For example, insiders tell THR that producers and his star had grown tired of Singer's behavior, which saw him routinely show up late to set. Another source has said that a cinematographer had to step in and direct during a previous "non-showing."

This is not first time that Singer has disappeared during a production. He momentarily vanished during the shooting of X-Men: Apocalypse and during Superman Returns.

The Playlist:
Bryan Singer Disappears So Queen Biopic ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Shuts Down
Gregory Ellwood wrote:There are many in the industry who believed filmmaker and producer Bryan Singer would be the subject of a wave of news reports, but the announcement that 20th Century Fox shut down his Freddie Mercury and Queen Biopic “Bohemian Rhapsody” wasn’t the expected reason why.

In a statement to the media, Fox said only the following: “Twentieth Century Fox Film has temporarily halted production on Bohemian Rhapsody due to the unexpected unavailability of Bryan Singer.”

A representative for Singer told the BBC the absence was due to “a personal health matter concerning Bryan and his family.”

No matter the case, Singer has clearly tested the patient of the studio and the film’s star, Rami Malek. The current stoppage of production is because Singer did not return to the set after the Thanksgiving holiday, but there have been rumblings of other issues for some time. Reports indicate Singer was routinely not showing up to the set on time and that during one unexplained absence cinematographer and longtime Singer collaborator Newton Thomas Sigel directed in his absence. Moreover, sources say Singer pulled the same stunts on not only “Superman Returns” (well documented before this), but “X-Men: Apocalypse” as well.

It’s unclear if Fox will wait for Singer to return or replace him with another director. At one point Bill Condon was attached to direct a Freddie Mercury biopic when Sasha Baron Cohen was attached, but creative differences developed between producer Graham King. The remaining living band members of Queen also have a huge say regarding who directs the picture and the cast. The current incarnation is based off a script by Anthony McCarten who wrote “Theory of Everything” and “Darkest Hour,” currently in theaters.

Singer recently shut down his twitter handle, but his instagram account was active up to a week ago. His last post being a photo of Freddie Mercury at age 45.

It should also be noted that with the wave of sexual assault and harassment allegations in Hollywood over the past six weeks or so Singer’s name has inevitably appeared because of accusations against him publicly in 1997 and in 2014. None other than Jessica Chastain tweeted the following on Nov. 3.

Whether those cases have anything to do with Singer’s current absence remains to be seen.

“Bohemian Rhapsody” is still currently schedule for release on Dec. 25, 2018.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Wolfpack on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:57 am

Perhaps Singer just met with an unfortunate accident.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:07 pm

with child molesters becoming increasingly unwelcome in Hollywood, he's probably preparing for his new future career: U.S. Senator from Alabama
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:56 pm

F@t chance. Child molesters are welcome in Alabama, but gays? Not so much.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:19 am

well, there's always the Presidency. i hear there may be a vacancy in that position pretty soon.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:52 pm

Yeah we know all that, we get it in our Facebook news feeds, we don't need TheButcher pretending that he has any purpose here by posting links of whenever a Superhero takes a nap, we already know it through other common online sources.

What I wanna know is the REAL TROOOOTH DAMNIT of why Singer was fired. All this boolsheet about family problems no one believes. We all know that this guy is a paedophile for years. Just come out and admit it and tell it to the world what he's done and that this was the real reason he was sacked. I hate all this hiding behind unconvincing PR shit when this guy should be properly punished for what he's done and let us know this.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:09 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Yeah we know all that, we get it in our Facebook news feeds, we don't need TheButcher pretending that he has any purpose here by posting links of whenever a Superhero takes a nap, we already know it through other common online sources.

What I wanna know is the REAL TROOOOTH DAMNIT of why Singer was fired. All this boolsheet about family problems no one believes. We all know that this guy is a paedophile for years. Just come out and admit it and tell it to the world what he's done and that this was the real reason he was sacked. I hate all this hiding behind unconvincing PR shit when this guy should be properly punished for what he's done and let us know this.

I've heard that he was feeling Under Pressure.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:33 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Yeah we know all that, we get it in our Facebook news feeds, we don't need TheButcher pretending that he has any purpose here by posting links of whenever a Superhero takes a nap, we already know it through other common online sources.

ok, i've got a scoop for you that hasn't made it to your Facebook feed yet. the film is going to be renamed Mercury: A Queen Story, and coming onboard to finish the film is none other than Ron Howard. you heard it here first.

Fried Gold wrote:I've heard that he was feeling Under Pressure.

well you know what they say: The Show Must Go On
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:48 am

Now Singer will have plenty of time to ride his bicycle. He'll have plenty of time to ride his bike.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:14 pm

he wasn't back again this time tomorrow,
so they had to carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:20 pm

f@t bottomed girls don't make his world go 'round, and now neither does rock-n-roll as he is another one to bite the dust and be replaced mid-shoot, all part of that crazy little thing called showbiz :-P

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:13 pm

TheBaxter wrote:

ok, i've got a scoop for you that hasn't made it to your Facebook feed yet. the film is going to be renamed Mercury: A Queen Story, and coming onboard to finish the film is none other than Ron Howard. you heard it here first.

Fried Gold wrote:I've heard that he was feeling Under Pressure.

well you know what they say: The Show Must Go On

Stupid posts being made in reference to some poor guy who died, shame on you.

The real focus these conversations should be about is why Singer REALLY left.

All I can think of is this film was just too much for him and, well, he wanted to break free.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:43 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:

The real focus these conversations should be about is why Singer REALLY left.

As I understand it, he was probably too busy fondling underage boys at pool parties.

But there isn't a Queen song to reference for that activity.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Al Shut on Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:47 am

Was it all worth it?
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Peven on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:17 pm

Singer is a weak director who got a shit ton of mileage off of Usual Suspects, which succeeded because of (some else's) writing and acting, not his direction, and for making an X-Men movie that didn't suck ass. Superman Returns is a pile of shit and more representative of his "talent", which is also the movie where he worked with Kevin Spacey and repeatedly went on in interviews about how much he looked up to Spacey.......

btw, am I still allowed to like "Baby Driver"? :wink: :-P

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Wolfpack on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote: Stupid posts being made in reference to some poor guy who died, shame on you.

Brian Singer is dead? I'll bet it was Brandon Routh!
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:15 am

Deadline December 6, 2017:
Dexter Fletcher Replaces Bryan Singer On ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
Mike Fleming Jr wrote:Fox has replaced Bryan Singer on Bohemian Rhapsody with Dexter Fletcher, the director of the films Eddie the Eagle and Wild Bill. Fletcher will resume production next week. There are about two weeks left on the film, unless Fletcher decides to reshoot scenes. The filmmaker will then oversee postproduction as Fox hopes to keep the film on track for December 2018. It will be a good warm-up for Fletcher, who’s also attached to direct the biopic on Elton John.

Singer was fired from the film because of a pattern of unreliability, culminating in him not returning from the Thanksgiving break and being AWOL for three days. He also clashed with Rami Malek, The Mr. Robot star who plays Queen frontman Freddie Mercury. Singer’s reps disputed part of that narrative, claiming he has been dealing with a health issue with his mother, something that didn’t sway the studio in making the switch. Those reps also argued Singer had patched things up with Malek.

Fletcher started as an actor in the Matthew Vaughn films Kick-Ass and Stardust. Vaughn produced Eddie the Eagle for Fox.

The studio began canvassing for replacement directors even before Singer went AWOL after Thanksgiving, sources said. Fox denies this, and the studio denies that anyone but Fletcher was offered the job once Singer was sacked. My sources said that the film didn’t appeal to everyone. The payday will be big, but it will be a lot of work, and it is entirely up to the DGA whether Fletcher will get directing credit on the film, considering that Singer was almost finished with principal photography when he was removed. The original directors of World War Z and the Star Wars spinoff Rogue One remained the directors of record, even though the reshoots were supervised by others.

Still, Fox managed the crisis well by securing a filmmaker the studio trusts, in time to keep the postponement brief.

New Regency and Graham King are producing. Fletcher is repped by WME and Independent.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Bryan Singer's Apocalypse (2017)

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:21 am

THR DECEMBER 04, 2017:
Bryan Singer Fired From Directing Queen Biopic After On-Set Chaos (Exclusive)
Borys Kit & Kim Masters wrote:Fox halted production Dec. 1, saying it was because of the "unexpected unavailability" of the helmer.

Bryan Singer has been fired from the movie Bohemian Rhapsody, 20th Century Fox has told The Hollywood Reporter.

“Bryan Singer is no longer the director of Bohemian Rhapsody," the studio said Monday in a statement.

The decision reflected an escalating clash between Singer and actor Rami Malek and was caused by the helmer being missing from the set, necessitating the Dec. 1 production shutdown of the film in which Malek stars as Freddie Mercury, frontman of the rock group Queen. The pic has been shooting in London.

In announcing the shutdown last week, producers Fox, New Regency and Graham King initially said filming was being suspended because of Singer's "unexpected unavailability."

Denying he acted unprofessionally, Singer claimed the studio refused to allow him to tend to "a gravely ill parent" as well as to his own health. “I wanted nothing more than to be able to finish this project and help honor the legacy of Freddie Mercury and Queen," he said in a statement, "but Fox would not permit me to do so because I needed to temporarily put my health, and the health of my loved ones, first.”

Trouble began when Singer went missing during production on several occasions. His no-shows resulted in cinematographer Newton Thomas Sigel having to step in to helm some of the days while Singer was absent.

Tom Hollander, who plays Queen manager Jim Beach, also is said to have briefly quit the film because of Singer's behavior, but was persuaded to return, according to one source.

Malek complained to the studio, charging Singer with not being present on set, unreliability and unprofessionalism.

Singer had been warned before production began by both Fox Film chairman and CEO Stacey Snider and Fox Film vice chairman and president of production Emma Watts that they wouldn't tolerate any unprofessional behavior on his part. A representative from the Directors Guild of America also arrived on set to monitor the situation.

The growing tension led to a confrontation between Singer and Malek, which, while it did not become physical, did involve Singer throwing an object. Subsequently, however, the two are said to have settled their differences and filming was expected to resume.

But then Singer did not return to the set after the Thanksgiving break and is believed to have been in the U.S. for about the last 10 days, according to one source. In his absence, Sigel stepped in to helm several days of shooting before the production was shut down. Singer's prolonged absence was the final straw, and so the studio decided to terminate him under his pay-or-play contract.

According to another insider, Singer has claimed he is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder because of the tensions on the set.

In his statement, Singer said, "“Rumors that my unexpected departure from the film was sparked by a dispute I had with Rami Malek are not true. While, at times, we did have creative differences on set, Rami and I successfully put those differences behind us and continued to work on the film together until just prior to Thanksgiving.”

The studio, which has about two more weeks of principal photography remaining on the film, is expected to name a new director within the next few days.

Dec. 4, 7:10 p.m. Singer's statements added.

(Aaron Couch contributed to this report.)

DEADLINE December 7, 2017:
Bryan Singer Sued For Alleged 2003 Sexual Assault Of Teen; Promised Acting Roles In Exchange For Silence
Dominic Patten and Dawn C. Chmielewski wrote:Just days after Bryan Singer was fired from Bohemian Rhapsody, the director is now facing a lawsuit for allegedly sexually assaulting a 17-year old boy in Washington State back in 2003.

“As a result of the misconduct and unlawful acts described herein, Plaintiff has suffered, and continues to suffer, general and special damages,” the Pacific Northwest filing on behalf of Cesar Sanchez-Guzman says. “These damages include, but are not limited to, emotional distress, mental anguish, physical and mental pain and suffering, a decrease in his ability to enjoy life, past and future medical expenses, attorneys’ fees and costs, and other general and special damages, all in an amount to be determined at trial” [url]([url=https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/2017-12-07-guzman-complaint-for-damages_redacted-wm.pdf]read it here[/url])[/url].

The incident described in the filing supposedly occurred on a yacht party of 14-years ago where Singer invited the then teen to a secluded back room and allegedly assaulted him. The gathering was hosted by technology investor Leslie Waters “who frequently hosted parties for young Dumbledore males in the Seattle area,” the suit notes. It should be noted that the age of consent in Washington state is 16-years old, which is likely why the first claim here is for sexual assault.

“Later, Bryan Singer approached Cesar and told him that he was a producer in Hollywood and that he could help Cesar get into acting as long as Cesar never said anything about the incident,” the three claim document adds. “He then told Cesar that no one would believe him if he ever reported the incident, and that he could hire people who are capable of ruining someone’s reputation.”

Prepared by sexual abuse case specialists HermanLaw and filed by local counsel in the Evergreen State, the suit claims sexual assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress and sexual exploitation of children. The last claim seems odd as Sanchez-Guzman was not underage at the time of the alleged assault.

“Bryan categorically denies these allegations and will vehemently defend this lawsuit to the very end,” said a representative for Singer in response to today’s suit.

This is not the first time the A-list Hollywood director has been accused of sexual misconduct.

Michael Egan III filed a civil suit against the X-Men helmer in 2014, alleging the director had drugged him and forced him sto have sex at parties at a mansion in Encino and in Hawaii several years beforehand. Hollywood heavyweight lawyer Marty Singer, representing the unrelated director, bluntly called the suit “an attempted shakedown of Bryan Singer.” Egan subsequently withdrew his suit. In December of 2014, Egan was indicted over securities fraud and wire fraud related to a fraudulent investment scheme. He spent two years behind bars for that.

In one of Singer’s earlier films, Apt Pupil, a 14-year-old extra named Devin St.Albin had filed a lawsuit claiming that the filmmaker had ordered him and other minors to strip for a scene that was shot in the showers.

This is also not the first time HermanLaw and Bryan Singer have encountered each other. Jeff Herman was Egan’s lawyer against Singer and others in 2014. The lawyer, who is currently taking on The Weinstein Company in a $5 million suit over Harvey Weinstein’s ” sexual misconduct,” ended up dropping Egan as a client as the case became thinner and thinner. The Miami based attorney eventually apologized to Singer and others named in the matter.

“Based on what I know now, I believe that I participated in making what I now know to be untrue and proveably false allegations against you,” Herman wrote in a 2015 letter to producer Garth Ancier, ex-Disney exec David Neuman and Singer. “Had I known what I learned after filing the lawsuits, I would never have filed these claims against you. I deeply regret the pain, suffering and damages the lawsuits and publicity have caused you, and your family, friends, and colleagues.” A payment over a million dollars was also sent by Herman.

“Notwithstanding his track record, this same lawyer is coming after Bryan again,” said Singer’s reps on Thursday. “We are confident that this case will turn out the same way the Egan case did. And once Bryan prevails, he will pursue his own claims for malicious prosecution.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:53 pm

One might say that he's... Under PressDAMMIT someone already did that one
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Previous

Return to Movie News