Mystery Christopher Nolan Film

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Mystery Christopher Nolan Film

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:45 am

Due for release in 2017:

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/chris ... 201588444/

It already has a 9.7 rating on IMDB.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Mystery Christopher Nolan Film

Postby TheButcher on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:17 am

King Kong vs Godzilla 2?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:55 pm

It sounds amazing!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:42 pm

mind = blown

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheButcher on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:06 pm

Report: Warner Planning Akira Trilogy, Christopher Nolan Involved?
Exclusive: we've had word that Warner Bros. is now planning 3 Akira films, and that Christopher Nolan could be involved.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:52 am

A lot of people seem to be suggesting that this Mystery Christopher Nolan Film may actually be Akira (with Leo Dicaprio involved again).
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:00 pm

I actually would be excited for that. I thought I read an article the other day about why the rumor doesn't make sense, but now I can't find it, so maybe I dreamed the whole thing.

Nolan doesn't fuck around when it comes to getting movies made, so if he really is attached to Akira, I believe that he would actually be able to push it into production, unlike the dozen or so people who have recently tried.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Al Shut on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:27 pm

I'm not sure if Nolan can put the energy onscreen that I would want from Akira
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby TheButcher on Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:34 am

Why 'Akira' Could Be Christopher Nolan's Next Film
Mark Hughes wrote:This week, Warner Bros. announced a July 21, 2017 release date for director Christopher Nolan’s next feature film. So far, details of the movie are a closely guarded secret. As my colleague Scott Mendelson noted earlier this week, the film is positioned as a major release in a spot traditionally reserved for big summer tentpoles. It will go head-to-head with some of 2017′s largest properties — including a rebooted Marvel version of Spider-Man and the latest Pirates of the Caribbean sequel. Nolan consistently delivers the box office goods for Warner, so the studio is rightly confident in him. But the choice of that release date suggests a particular sort of optimism, meaning it’s likely either an adaptation of a major property or one of the director’s high concept original ideas deserving prime real estate on the calendar.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:37 pm

Inception 2
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:32 am

I'm still very confused. I mean, I'm confused generally, but this trailer doesn't help.

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:03 pm

Ribbons wrote:I'm still very confused. I mean, I'm confused generally, but this trailer doesn't help.

This looks like a violent Versace clothing commercial.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:26 am

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:52 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:59 am

i finally got around to seeing TENET.

this is either the smartest film ever made about time travel, or the dumbest. unfortunately, i'm not smart enough to tell which. so i'll just settle on "confusing".
the macguffin of the film is some kind of device(?) (which they refer to as an algorithm except it's like a machine broken into 9 parts for some reason, as opposed to an actual mathematical formula) that can make bullets and people travel backwards in time. and supposedly this poses a threat to the very existence of human kind. there's some cool stuff, especially when one character starts travelling backwards through time and we see certain events from a different perspective, and it felt like that could have been expanded on even further, but instead the ending involves some kind of mission to set off an explosion that will prevent the algorithm(?) from ending humanity, and also some woman kills her husband who's a bad guy, or something.... i'd be afraid of spoiling the ending except i don't even understand the ending well enough to know if i'm spoiling it or not. so like i said, either this film is dumb, or i am. maybe both?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:12 pm

Yeah, I'm with you. There are a couple of revered filmmakers who love Tenet (like Dune's Denis Villeneuve), but it's sort of how Christopher Nolan reveres Michael Bay: no matter how much I squint I can't see it. To me this is Nolan and his most self-deprecating.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:18 am

Ribbons wrote:Yeah, I'm with you. There are a couple of revered filmmakers who love Tenet (like Dune's Denis Villeneuve), but it's sort of how Christopher Nolan reveres Michael Bay: no matter how much I squint I can't see it. To me this is Nolan and his most self-deprecating.

i'm generally a fan of Nolan's work ever since Memento. i'm iffy on Inception, and his 3rd batman went off the rails a bit, but generally i've really enjoyed everything he's done. but even with something like Memento, which had a similarly elaborate and disjointed construction, by the end i felt like i had a basic understanding of what happened and how the pieces fit together, which was solidified with additional viewings. i don't think seeing this film multiple times would make things much clearer, and i don't know if that's because the internal logic of the film just doesn't add up, or if it's presented in too confusing a fashion. it would be neat to see that one sequence in forward-time again, knowing a bit more about what exactly was happening, but other than that i don't see much value in a rewatch.

i've read a few synopses that explain the film better, but i think it ultimately left me feeling like the reversed-time concept ultimately is just an excuse to do some cool backwards-time imagery and effects. it's not really logically consistent or sensible, Nolan just presents it as if it is. it's probably best to view the film knowing in advance that any attempt to make sense of the time stuff is futile, but then the film just feels empty.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:42 pm

It's like the scientist says early on, "Don't think too hard about it, just feel it" (paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact quote). It's really just an excuse to have this elaborate puzzle box of a film. People have joked that Nolan is more interested in the mechanics of his plots than he is in his characters, but this is the first time that felt true to me. I think I may have posted this elsewhere, but even the name Tenet is a reference to the Sator Square, which is endlessly fascinating from a logistical standpoint but not so much from a human one.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:07 am

Ribbons wrote:It's like the scientist says early on, "Don't think too hard about it, just feel it" (paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact quote). It's really just an excuse to have this elaborate puzzle box of a film. People have joked that Nolan is more interested in the mechanics of his plots than he is in his characters, but this is the first time that felt true to me. I think I may have posted this elsewhere, but even the name Tenet is a reference to the Sator Square, which is endlessly fascinating from a logistical standpoint but not so much from a human one.

the Sator Square is interesting. here's my version:

Code: Select all
M O V I E
N A M E D
T E N E T
S U C K S
B A L L S

i think i got that right.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Return to Movie News