V for Vendetta Trailer

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

V for Vendetta Trailer

Postby Bean on Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:41 pm

V for Vendetta Trailer

Says 6 PM EST.. which was 32 minutes ago, but should be good when it finally comes out, right? *prays*
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby docfalken on Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:59 pm

Nothing sucks worse than being a webmaster with an announced deadline and not having it up yet. The scrambling those guys are doing right now must be insane. I've had that feeling many times.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby John-Locke on Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:41 pm

It's online, and it looks like 1984 meets Matrix meets The Punisher.

i'm not really that impessed but I'm sure I'll go see it regardless, Looks well above average, but i'm a little tired of bullet/dagger time.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:41 pm

While I agree with you on how it looks, John. Gotta say, it still looks better than what I expected. After hearing Moore breaking ties and Moriarty's review...I had no faith in this at all. But now I have an inkling to see it.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Bean on Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:02 am

docfalken wrote:Nothing sucks worse than being a webmaster with an announced deadline and not having it up yet. The scrambling those guys are doing right now must be insane. I've had that feeling many times.

Oh god I hate that, my site had that problem when we were launching a game.. I never want to go through that again!

I really dig the story, the trailer was pretty cool, but the slo-mo knives were pretty stupid, I bet they get taken out anyway.
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:30 am

Bean, I really think that you're out of line. What a knife does in it's free time, and with whom is none of our business.
Oops, wait a minute, you said slo-mo knives, my bad. Please disregard what I just said. Move along... nothing to see here, move along.
I'm not with Cowbell, he's with me.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Don't matter, just don't bite it...

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:27 am

Hopes this wil be a faithful adaptation of Moore's seminal work...none.

Hopes (after eyeing trailer) of this being a halfway decent movie...some.

Natalie looks seriously freaked in a couple of shots, I like the rest of the cast so maybe the Bros. cooked up a decent screenplay. Just don't suck, is that too much to ask?
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:54 am

I bet this movie will have a lot of talking. Too much prolly.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DennisMM on Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:42 pm

They've made it look too much like an action movie, especially with the slo-mo knives.

What good does it do to put Evie's interrogation at the beginning of the trailer, where it's got no context? Is it just an excuse to show her humiliation? And to let us hear what is clearly Hugo Weaving's disguised voice?

And why is the Leader shouting? Adam Susan had no need to shout. When you hold the nation under your boot via constant surveillance, you don't have to shout down protestors. You find them via your police network, then you kill them.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:45 am

And why is the Leader shouting? Adam Susan had no need to shout. When you hold the nation under your boot via constant surveillance, you don't have to shout down protestors. You find them via your police network, then you kill them.

That's exactly what I do.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Postby docfalken on Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:23 am

Despite the talkback threads, I watched the trailer a number of times and never saw George Bush or Jesus in it.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:00 am

Hello guys, man I'm sorry I'm guilty of getting dragged into some of the stupid shit on there, still at least i try to be sensible about it.

The trailer looks pretty good, an above avergae type thriller. I'll admit I've not read the GN though.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby docfalken on Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:05 am

Dude, you got thrown in the mix on that talkback. It is hard to resist for sure.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

WTF?

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:08 am

What's the deal with Lando? Satire? Idiocy? Loneliness? Someone has to know something about that freak.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:13 am

All I know is that his dad has a black lightsaber.

I've been caught up in those political debates. Now I just try to ignore it. It seems to me that there are a bunch of bomb throwers on both sides, who are just trying tostart shit.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:16 am

Hey Doc, sorry mate were you having a go at me for it?
I mean I don't mind if you were cus I probly deserve it, I wasn't on topic. But I mean I think Im one of the sensible people on there.

Lando? Keepcool, I don't know man, I did think he was a parody or somesuch thing but I really don't think he is now. Pretty scary, or pretty hilarious depending how you look at it.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:25 am

I think he's hysterical. I'd just like to know if I'm laughing along with him or at him.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:26 am

I "almost" felt bad for the dude pimping his crappy student film. I was surprised that he got any mercy.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:30 am

^ Did you check it out?
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:41 am

Part of it. Pretty cheesy... really shitty acting. It was about what I expected from a student film. I'm sure that he was really proud of it, but he came to the wrong place for affirmation. I'm sure that getting trashed by the AICN crowd was a painful lesson, but as they say, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:43 am

Lando is back? He is not joking around, fyi. The guy is seriously mental. Check out the tail end of Moriarty's War of the Worlds thread to read some highlights.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:56 am

Hey Burl, I don't know whether it was that TalkBack or not, but onetime Lando was going off on his I know what Generals think and his anit-homosexuality rants and someone chimed in something to the extent of

"I am the only one who can answer this...for I am a four-star general and a homosexual."
Do you know who said that because that's how you respond (if you must) to Lando...sheer mockery.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:57 am

Hey Burl, yeh I thought he was a genuine loony.
Tell me, in your opinion, am I a giant asshat for responding, however reasonably and rationally to him?
I know he won't listen but I feel I should be slating him for the sake of anyone reading and agreeing with some of his crap.

Anybody can weigh on this one.
TonyWilson

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:09 am

Yeah keepcool, that was in the War of the Worlds thread. And no I don't think you are an asshat. Maybe an assscarf, but definitely not a hat. He is so weird, you almost can't HELP trying to straighten him out. I do know this... he lies to prove his point. He claims to be a professor (!) at a university and that he is from a military family. Based on comments I have read, I am pretty sure he is neither.

Which thread is this in anyway? I don't see a V for Vendetta on the main page... or am I missing it?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:12 am

I can handle being an assscarf, I mean everyones ass gets chilly now and then. There's a need for assscarfs.
TonyWilson

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:50 am

Yeah, Lando should be banned. He's such a weirdo. I actually got nausea reading all that. Blech.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Agent Alonzo on Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:42 am

I am sure he has been banned, I will eat my non-ass hat if he wasn't previously powermetal1...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Politics, politics, politics

Postby DennisMM on Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:08 am

I scrolled through 90% of that thread, but at one point Lando wrote that he had been banned numerous times, more than once in the same night, and so grabbed the first "clever" name that came to him when he signed up for the who-knows-how-many-th time.

It absolutely kills me to see people make these sorts of political arguments when they haven't a shred of evidence or logic. It's not unlike Kai and whassiname talking maser physics in the BB talkback. If you're not going to show your work, it all sounds like gibberish.

Thank hte unified field theory our motto here is "No hate, just debate."
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:13 am

So Dennis, was I being an ass-hat or ass-scarf or any other type of ass clothing by trying to responding rationally to Lando's posts?
TonyWilson

Who is Alan Moore?

Postby DennisMM on Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:13 am

I got so sick of the politics, and the general ignorance of Moore's circumstances, that I finally posted a "Meanwhile, back at the movie" bit:

Alan Moore is 51 years old. He was born in Northampton, England, an industrial town. He has lived in Northampton for much of his life. He currently lives in Northampton, quite close to his childhood home. He has never lived in the U.S.A. I believe those referring to Moore as a "U.S. writer" are confusing him with Neil Gaiman, who was born in England but has lived for some years in Minnesota, a place not unlike the North of England, but much colder. I am not going to get sucked into the rest of this talkback.

There had been much comment about his birthplace, someone saying they were pretty sure he was born in Africa (thus, Moor/Moore), and it came to an end (at least so far) with this, from an admittedly drunk, up-too-late boarder:

Alan Moore
by kuryakin July 26th, 2005
06:26:45 PM CST
In case anyone is still interested. His mother was a Spaniard whose family were mostly killed in the civil war. He is on record as saying he hated her for her club foot and alchohol problem but loved her for her Soclialist ideals and darts playing ability. His father was a coal miner by day and Russian dancer by night. This is what is believed to have given the young Alan both his love of alter-ego'd superheroes and of carbon and carbon-based goods. He has fourteen rings on his fingers, all of them in the shape of Lovecraft daemons, except for one Hello Kitty diamond ring, a present from Jude Law. His newest hobby is croquet. He no longer writes comics, preferring to bitch about them to journalists who haven't read anything he has written since 1991. He is curently 'plotting' several comics to keep his daughter employed and off state benefit. Alan Moore is a member of the Keep Kermit Green Society and a bif fan of Nip/Tuck. He saYS "Dr. Troy is both dishy AND dastardly. He turns me on with his good looks and easy charm and then off with his lack of commitment and weird attraction to his business partner. I like his vulnerablility around his black baby"

This is what talkback needs.
DennisMM

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:17 am

Heeeheee.

Yeh I read the Alan Moore bit. Dennis, thanks for clarifying what was flying round in my head.

Oh and I love his views on Troy from Nip/Tick. I was laughing my head off with the line about his "vulnerability and black baby"
TonyWilson

Return to Movie News