The Future of Star Wars, Indiana Jones & Beyond

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Re: Star Wars Origins: Yoda

Postby TheButcher on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:42 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The Future of Star Wars, Indiana Jones & Beyond

Postby SilentBobX on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:10 am

I tried to promise myself I wouldn't do this but I have to say it. The instant I heard about 'stand-alone' Star Wars films, my cynicism jumped off the chart in regards to this franchise. To me, it sounds like a horrible cash grab and nothing else. Because goodness knows they need another reason to sell more toys, junk, etc. to a whole new generation of fans and old ones. Do we really need an origin movie of Porkins, Chewbacca, or any of the alien bounty hunters? Really? I don't mean to offend those who love the series but I'm a crass, cynical bastard and sometimes I need for these feelings to be vented.

Peace, Selah, Mahalo

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:45 am

The thought of stand alone films made me think they could go either way. The rumored Zack Snyder Seven Samurai film could have been interesting - especially if it was, as doubly-fan-rumored, led by Mace Windu.

But a film on Yoda? YODA?!?!? The one character that 98% of the time moves slow as hell and always talks with a fucked-up speech pattern?!? I'm sorry, but even in the Star Wars universe that's going to be boring as hell. Oh, but then he's going to eat his spinach and fly around at super-speed and zap people with his lightsaber. So what? Whatever. Yoda is cool because we DON'T know about him. I don't want Yoda overkill and have to look at him for 90+ minutes of a 120+ minute movie. He's just not a lead character.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:07 am

Yoda will be played as a full-sized man by Christian Bale in greenface. The film's story will be one of a man's quest for enlightenment and will basically be another remake of THE RAZOR'S EDGE. As Yoda becomes more wise, he shrinks, because it is more important to have a strong mind and strong soul than a strong body; and his eyes and ears grow because observation is more important than asserting oneself.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby travis-dane on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:39 am

Spandau Belly wrote:Yoda will be played as a full-sized man by Christian Bale in greenface. The film's story will be one of a man's quest for enlightenment and will basically be another remake of THE RAZOR'S EDGE. As Yoda becomes more wise, he shrinks, because it is more important to have a strong mind and strong soul than a strong body; and his eyes and ears grow because observation is more important than asserting oneself.

Of course Dolph Lundgren would play Yodas mentor.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:13 pm

How long has it been since Harry has truly, and I mean TRULY had any sort of exclusive insider news?
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Star Wars Origins?

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:51 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:59 pm

When I first saw the headline for some stupid reason my mind went to this song:

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby SilentBobX on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Fievel wrote:

Watched that show 3 times and said: "This new Hulk show sucks"

Mahalo

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Fievel wrote:

that's funny, my mind went to this:

if they're going to do these SW stand-alone films, i'd rather have all-new characters than trying to build films around previously established characters. i suppose boba fett could work, since recasting isn't really an issue. but a yoda movie stupid it would be. and recasting han solo would just be a bad bad idea.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:46 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
Fievel wrote:

that's funny, my mind went to this:

if they're going to do these SW stand-alone films, i'd rather have all-new characters than trying to build films around previously established characters. i suppose boba fett could work, since recasting isn't really an issue. but a yoda movie stupid it would be. and recasting han solo would just be a bad bad idea.

Bah, I believe it when I see it. Disney is going apeshit with announcing future SW work. Its one thing to get someone to write a script (probably done just as much to keep the PR buzz going) its another to get a director/casting/timeframe done. Just saying its going to happen after JJ's episode isn't really a commitment in my mind.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:48 pm

P.S. So when does the "Nathon Fillion or Josh Halloway for Han Solo" campaign start?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:51 pm

so sorry wrote:P.S. So when does the "Nathon Fillion or Josh Halloway for Han Solo" campaign start?

doesn't matter, they won't have a chance against the "Channing Tatum or Shia LaBooof for Han Solo" campaigns led by their agents and the imagination-starved execs who actually make the decision.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby SilentBobX on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Fievel wrote:How long has it been since Harry has truly, and I mean TRULY had any sort of exclusive insider news?

I ask that myself sometimes, Fievel. It seems as if the spy network that put Harold on the map has kinda dried up. Could be for many reasons however. Harold's schedule, increased security at studios, harsh reprisals for leaking information, or even the fact that not much is out there.

I read a rumor once that people hired into certain positions are given an 'honesty' test, where they come by a piece of information and if it's discovered in someone else's hands, that person fails said test. I have zero proof of this and it was too long ago to remember where, but it does give pause.

Mahalo

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:21 pm

Fievel wrote:How long has it been since Harry has truly, and I mean TRULY had any sort of exclusive insider news?

Is there another website that gets huge amounts of scoops? I don't go to that many movie websites, but it seems to me that the studios have caught up with the times. Maybe back in the 90s the studios saw the internet as this big threat because it gave away details about movies before they were released. These days I think the studios work with the internet and not against it becuase they want to get as much out there as possible to build hype for their movies.

Sure, there's a few guys like Abrams and Nolan who are known for their demand for secrecy, but I think for the most part the studios want to issue a press release for every creative decision they make to build interest in the movies.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:

Is there another website that gets huge amounts of scoops? I don't go to that many movie websites, but it seems to me that the studios have caught up with the times.

I'm just thinking of the ones most often cited - Latino Review and Deadline.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Star Wars Origins

Postby TheButcher on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:22 am

IGN Interviews Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg on Star Wars: Episode VII and Standalone Films
An exclusive one-on-one chat with the writer-producer-consultants.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Star Wars Origins: Yoda

Postby TheButcher on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:14 pm

Fievel wrote:
Spandau Belly wrote:

Is there another website that gets huge amounts of scoops? I don't go to that many movie websites, but it seems to me that the studios have caught up with the times.

I'm just thinking of the ones most often cited - Latino Review and Deadline.

I think this site lost its luster about 10 years ago. Whatever mojo Harry had is long gone...
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby TheButcher on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:12 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII

Postby TheButcher on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:23 pm

MarketSaw:
Exclusive Update: Alfonso Cuaron Lining Up For STAR WARS Ep VIII? Simon Pegg Going STAR WARS On Us?
Jim Dorey wrote:You all know by now that we have some great sources embedded in key franchises - one of which is the mighty STAR WARS universe. Well the same source that gave us the exclusive that the third STAR WARS trilogy is going to happen, in 3D, without Lucas directing, that it will focus on the Skywalker offspring, and that the trilogy will follow in the original trilogy's tone is back.

So what's cooking now? How about Alfonso Cuaron getting up close and personal? I mentioned Episode VIII, but it could be Episode IX as well (or both for that matter). I would LOVE to see a STARS WARS movie directed by Cuaron. So many people are going to have the light turned on as to how brilliant a director he is after they see GRAVITY this year.

Anyway, I won't further spoil the spy info - so read on and we'll discuss afterwards!

READ ON...

As far as I know Episode 7 was then, and is now, focusing on the Skywalker's offspring. As I told you before, I believe duel personalities develop, akin to Anakin and Obi Wan, and Luke and Vader in the first trilogies, which as far as I am aware, is the driving force behind the new trilogy. Things may change however, but I doubt it, this has been long in the making.

The focus is on the original trilogy in regards of reverence and tone. Remember I told you before that the tone was important, well I believe they are really taking that seriously. From everything I know, they're focusing on that directly. Remember everything has the ability to change drastically, as Star Wars right now apart from the twin trilogies is a huge blank canvas. However, the trilogies ongoing narrative will continue to focus on that particular branch, whereas the stand alone movies, will fill and expand the voids in between in multiple timelines, and have potential to then be franchised themselves in regards to the worlds they open up.

Yoda, Palpatine, Jabba, Boba, Plagueis etc.

I believe they are very clued into what fans would and wouldn't like, and considering Mr Ford himself may not be done with his character yet, I wouldn't start picketing Lucasfilm about young Han Solo movies being made just yet. Which I was led to believe couldn't be further from how they want to move forward creatively anyway.

Harrison Ford has been approached, he has not turned it down, and is from everything I hear, very interested in returning to the role of Han Solo again, but is not signed as was reported recently. Negotiating may be a better choice of words right now. Hope it shakes out.

Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were also approached a long time ago, as was ford, and a few other key players. I would all but guarantee, they will be in Episode 7, and I would be confident that Ford will return too. If the universe aligns correctly.

J.J. Abrams name was brought up to me numerous times, but only in reference to re-brand and ground up respect for world building that the franchise was looking to take back then. Very sneaky. Interesting to see he was offered the most coveted and feared gig in cinema history. Ultimately he is the perfect choice to direct episode 7, and set up the franchise to steward through the first trilogy. The names I mentioned to you before, remember them (EDITOR'S NOTE: my source's director list can be found here). Alfonso Cuaron especially. Trust me.

J.J. Abrams mystery cube or whatever he is calling it today, is in full effect, Star Wars news is going to be very thin on the ground for the foreseeable future, but expect Simon Pegg to be involved in some capacity. Can't say why, but lets just say I have a strong feeling about that.

Star Wars fans, Kathleen and J.J have your interests at heart.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Remake the Prequels WTF

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:18 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Lucasfilm Animated Strange Magic

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:29 am

Pixar Vet Gary Rydstrom Is Directing An Animated Feature At Lucasfilm

TheButcher wrote:From Bleeding Cool:
Looks Like George Lucas’ Animated Musical About Fairies Is About To Get Going In Singapore

From Variety:
Lucasfilm to build Singapore facility - New building scheduled to open late 2012 or early 2013
DAVID S. COHEN wrote:Lucasfilm will build a new facility in Singapore to house its burgeoning digital production businesses there.

The Singapore branches of LucasAnimation, LucasArts Games and Industrial Light & Magic will all be housed in the new facility.

Together those operations already have a staff of 400 in Lucasfilm's existing office in the Signature Building in Changi Business Park. Staff at those offices is increasing rapidly and Lucasfilm is outgrowing the space.

New building in the Fusionopolis area of One North will comprise eight floors of office space and be roughly 409,000 sq. ft., with 242,000 sq. ft of gross floor area.

Lucasfilm has 1700 employees at its headquarters in San Francisco's Presidio.

The new building, which looks like something from the Star Wars universe, will be built above a public garden. Groundbreaking will be early 2011 with completion skedded for late 2012 or early 2013.

Colum Slevin, vice president/head of studio operations Lucasfilm Animation oversees ILM Singapore from San Francisco. Xavier Nicolas runs the facility locally.
Last edited by TheButcher on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:04 pm

This was posted by the official Star Wars page on Facebook today:

Legendary Star Wars designers Doug Chiang and Iain McCaig, now confirmed for future Star Wars films, are heading to Germany!

I really liked Doug Chiang's stuff on the first two Prequels, and his stuff away from it (his Robots work is stunning). I just hope his style "fits" where they're headed in the new films - or even better, I hope there's more range to his style that he hasn't shown.

That's all assuming he's going to be working on 7-9 and not a standalone film. (and why I cautiously posted it in this thread)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:02 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:37 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Star Wars 3D

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Bleeding Cool:
I’ve Seen Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones In 3D And I Want To Tell You About It
Craig Skinner wrote:The new 3D version of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones was supposed to be released to US cinemas this September, with Revenge of the Sith following shortly after, but the purchase of Lucasfilm by Disney and their plans for an Episode VII appear to have gotten in the way of this release and it’s been put on hold for the time being.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Star Wars: Orange Harvest

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:09 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby SooperPooperScooper on Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:47 pm

some things we know already - but don't know we know....

we don't want an indy 5 - as it WILL be shit.
star wars doesn't excite us anymore, and the new movies won't be that great or give us anything new or even hit the Box office that big. in short, the former glories are gone for good and what they give us at best, we can live without. it's very meh. we don't need more sw movies.
spielberg that made magic is gone. his mature films are top quality yes but the wonder and excitement and feeling like you're experiencing something new for the first time has passed. we don't need him or his indy movies. move on people.

for the final last fucking time, stop buying or seeing re-released editions of any of hte sw movies - you are unaware of how bored you are when you rewatch them and how you aren't even paying that much attention to them or enjoying them, mostly you just look for thre new bits that are added to the films so you can slag them off like blinking ewoks.

same for bruce willis - he is playing the same bold guy in a leather jacket in all his movies, the tough guy person all the time, even john mclane is like this. he's become shit -we should realise this too.

we are all done with cgi. ender's game is another example of 'oh wow fucking blah blah look at that brilliant but shit cg spectacle on screen i've seen it all before blah blah' crap. there is nothing new that it can give us and anything new that it DOES give isn't that remarkable or revelationary or memorable anyway - and frankly as it's not even real it is underwhelming in it's excitement. i came to see a film - that means to watch something that was physically filmed. filmed filmed filmed, 3 dimensionally shot and created and filmed. that's hwat a film is. i didn't come to see a cartoon or computer animation. if i want that i'll see monsters inc. as soon as the special fx start in a 'film' that we came to that film to see, that film ceases to be a film, and we downstep and downgrade into watching that is 2 dimensional and like a thin piece of paper, created flat - not physically 3 dimensionally filmed. so fuck off fx movies.

get over yourselves people, you don't need or want or even like all this shit as much as you think you do. once you realise that and release yourself fom it you can move on.

now fuck off.
SooperPooperScooper
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:27 am

SooperPooperScooper wrote:some things we know already - but don't know we know....

we don't want an indy 5 - as it WILL be shit.
star wars doesn't excite us anymore, and the new movies won't be that great or give us anything new or even hit the Box office that big. in short, the former glories are gone for good and what they give us at best, we can live without. it's very meh. we don't need more sw movies.
spielberg that made magic is gone. his mature films are top quality yes but the wonder and excitement and feeling like you're experiencing something new for the first time has passed. we don't need him or his indy movies. move on people.

for the final last fucking time, stop buying or seeing re-released editions of any of hte sw movies - you are unaware of how bored you are when you rewatch them and how you aren't even paying that much attention to them or enjoying them, mostly you just look for thre new bits that are added to the films so you can slag them off like blinking ewoks.

same for bruce willis - he is playing the same bold guy in a leather jacket in all his movies, the tough guy person all the time, even john mclane is like this. he's become shit -we should realise this too.

we are all done with cgi. ender's game is another example of 'oh wow fucking blah blah look at that brilliant but shit cg spectacle on screen i've seen it all before blah blah' crap. there is nothing new that it can give us and anything new that it DOES give isn't that remarkable or revelationary or memorable anyway - and frankly as it's not even real it is underwhelming in it's excitement. i came to see a film - that means to watch something that was physically filmed. filmed filmed filmed, 3 dimensionally shot and created and filmed. that's hwat a film is. i didn't come to see a cartoon or computer animation. if i want that i'll see monsters inc. as soon as the special fx start in a 'film' that we came to that film to see, that film ceases to be a film, and we downstep and downgrade into watching that is 2 dimensional and like a thin piece of paper, created flat - not physically 3 dimensionally filmed. so fuck off fx movies.

get over yourselves people, you don't need or want or even like all this shit as much as you think you do. once you realise that and release yourself fom it you can move on.

now fuck off.

i enjoy your incisive and witty commentary. i look forward to your next post.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Super Shadow:
Concerning new Star Wars movies about the first Jedi Knight and the first Sith Lord as a Jedi movie or a Sith movie
Super Shadow wrote:Over the next 15 years, Lucasfilm and The Walt Disney Company will develop various Star Wars movies about the ancient history of the Star Wars galaxy. One of these new Star Wars films could be the story of the first Jedi Knight and the first Sith Lord. This Star Wars movie would explore the founding of the Jedi Order and the reasons why the Jedi only study the ways of the light side of the Force.

Likewise, this future Star Wars film could reveal how the Sith Lords got started and why the Sith focus on mastering the dark side of the Force. The identities of the first Jedi and first Sith would finally be revealed to Star Wars fans in an official Star Wars movie.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:14 pm

TheButcher wrote:Super Shadow:
Concerning new Star Wars movies about the first Jedi Knight and the first Sith Lord as a Jedi movie or a Sith movie
Super Shadow wrote:Over the next 15 years, Lucasfilm and The Walt Disney Company will develop various Star Wars movies about the ancient history of the Star Wars galaxy. One of these new Star Wars films could be the story of the first Jedi Knight and the first Sith Lord. This Star Wars movie would explore the founding of the Jedi Order and the reasons why the Jedi only study the ways of the light side of the Force.

Likewise, this future Star Wars film could reveal how the Sith Lords got started and why the Sith focus on mastering the dark side of the Force. The identities of the first Jedi and first Sith would finally be revealed to Star Wars fans in an official Star Wars movie.

It's fun to speculate but Super Shadow is where I draw the line. Reading his "scoops" is like watching a Sy Fy channel movie about a Bearsharktopus and assuming it's a documentary.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Fievel on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:38 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
TheButcher wrote:Super Shadow:

It's fun to speculate but Super Shadow is where I draw the line. Reading his "scoops" is like watching a Sy Fy channel movie about a Bearsharktopus and assuming it's a documentary.

Wow..... :shock:
I haven't been to his site in forever. I had no idea he was still raging hard!!!
Gotta give him credit for committing fully to the bullshit over the years, assuming he hasn't taken a break!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheButcher on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:39 pm

io9 Morning Spoilers:
Is J.J. Abrams taking complete control of the Star Wars universe?
Alasdair Wilkins wrote:Star Wars: Episode VII

A new rumor says that J.J. Abrams is already in line to do far more for Star Wars than just direct the first movie — the claim is that Abrams “will supervise and consult all other side projects from the franchise – games, spin-off movies, TV series etc.”

In this scenario, it seems like the relationship between Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and Abrams would be analogous with that between Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and creative consultant Joss Whedon—and I suppose George Lucas becomes Stan Lee in this scenario, though probably minus the charmingly shoehorned cameos.

While it’s not particularly implausible to imagine Abrams taking on such a huge creative role, particularly given his track record developing successful genre TV series that he then turns over to other people to run, the report is couched in a lot of discussion of supposedly tough behind-the-scenes negotiations, and I’m generally inclined to doubt such insider reports.

There’s also the question of whether Abrams would really want to take on such a role — the report claims that Abrams demanded such control as a condition of directing Episode VII — which doesn’t necessarily fit all that well with how he approached the Star Trek franchise, where every move he made when not actually directing the films seemed geared to allow him to retain the greatest amount of scheduling freedom and flexibility. Besides, it’s an open question whether Disney or Lucasfilm would really want to turn over such far-reaching control over what is now their joint flagship franchise to one person who, for all his success, hasn’t even started production yet on an actual Star Wars film. So yeah, I’d greet this report with a goodly amount of skepticism. [Star Wars 7 News]

Star Wars 7 News:
Disney is Betting Everything on J.J. Abrams.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:52 am

stand-alone SW films will be origin stories for the most beloved OT characters.... because we all know how well that worked out in the prequels :roll:

george lucas needed 3 films to ruin vader. it looks disney will only need one pointless backstory film to do that for han solo, yoda and boba fett each (although lucas kinda already did that for boba fett and yoda in Ep II, and han solo in the Ep IV special edition.... so i guess in a way these films are remakes?). hopefully they can really fuck it up and cast shia labarf as young han solo.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Re: The Future of Indiana Jones

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:09 pm

Disney Takes Over Rights to ‘Indiana Jones’ Franchise
Paramount keeps distribution rights to previous four films
Justin Kroll wrote:The Walt Disney Studios and Paramount Pictures have reached a distribution and marketing agreement for the Indiana Jones franchise.

Under the arrangement, Disney gains distribution and marketing rights to future films, in addition to retaining its current ownership rights which it secured when it acquired Lucasfilm.

Paramount will continue to be responsible for distribution of the first four films in the franchise and will receive a financial participation on any future films that are produced and released.

Though Disney now owns the rights they have not officially announced that a fifth films is in the works.

Back in August while promoting his Relativity film “Paranoia,” Harrison Ford expressed interest in doing another film but as of right now no writers have been set to write a script and Steven Spielberg has not committed to a sequel.

That said, now that Disney has those rights they likely will move quickly to get a film in motion. Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger has expressed a lot of interest to monetize the brand ever since Disney bought Lucasfilm last year.

The last installment “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” grossed $783 million worldwide.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:15 pm

STAR WARS: Is Lawrence Kasdan Working On The Boba Fett Spin-Off Movie?
In an interview with AMC Movie Talk, Metalocalypse director Jon Schnepp seemingly confirms that a solo outing for the enigmatic bounty hunter is indeed in the works, with Empire Strikes Back scribe Lawrence Kasdan on writing duties

AMC Movie Talk 24 Marathon - Part 6
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:58 am

Star Wars Spin-Offs Will Not Crossover with the New Trilogy
Kathleen Kennedy offers new details about the Star Wars canon according to George Lucas' mandate.
  • "George was so clear as to how that works. The canon that he created was the Star Wars saga.
  • Right now, Episode VII falls within that canon.
  • The spin-off movies, or we may come up with some other way to call those films, they exist within that vast universe that he created.
  • There is no attempt being made to carry characters (from the standalone films) in and out of the saga episodes.
  • Consequently, from the creative standpoint, it's a roadmap that George made pretty clear."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Boba Fett vs Jodo Kast!

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:29 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:41 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The Future of Industrial Light & Magic

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:53 pm

'Star Wars' Leads ILM to Launch New London Effects Facility (Exclusive)
With plans to support additional productions including "The Avengers 2" in London, and to double its head count in Vancouver, the VFX division of Lucasfilm is poised for a major expansion.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The Future of Star Wars!

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:52 am

Chatting With Admiral Ackbar
Tim Rose Talks Puppeteering on Return Of The Jedi

Rumor: Star Wars Saga Getting Digital Release In November
Our friends at Jedi News are reporting that the six existing Star Wars films will see their first digital distribution at the end of the year.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

My Breakfast With Boba Fett

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:53 pm

Rumor: Disney Executives Wrestling With Boba Fett Spin-off Film
Many fans have been clamoring for a Boba Fett spin-off film, but it appears that Disney is finding that concept problematic as it looks to expand the Star Wars universe beyond the core story that will continue in Episode VII.

MakingStarWars.net reports the following tidbit from a Disney executive breakfast that, contrary to what Lucasfilm told us, apparently happened this morning (though we're still waiting for more evidence):
From what we have heard about the event, there was a lot of discussion about Boba Fett at the breakfast. The executives are apparently enthusiastic about the rocket man. There are some minor problems going forward with a film about a villain, however. The general problem with Boba Fett is how to use him effectively without ruining his evil essence to make him the protagonist of a Star Wars Spin-off film. The executive was overheard (paraphrased) as saying, "Lucasfilm wants Boba Fett to remain menacing and scary but we have to make him the hero of the film and it is a real challenge."

Jason from MakingStarWars.net goes on to point out that Lucasfilm's corporate sibling Marvel has had trouble turning its villains into standalone film heroes, referring to their limited success with Loki. Given that Boba Fett operates in a grey area between good and evil, it seems like it would be easier to cast him as a likable protagonist than it would be for Loki.

What do you think about Disney's concerns regarding Boba Fett? Is it important that he be a "hero," or should Disney dispense with the pleasantries and green-light a film in which the bounty hunter pulls no punches?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:18 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Wed May 07, 2014 2:53 pm

Disney Confirms There Are Three Star Wars Spin-Off Films In The Works

CEO Bob Iger spoke during the Walt Disney Company quarterly earning stockholders call today, and a reporter from Variety says that the executive revealed that the studios actually have three "spin-offs" in the works. The plan is to have each of these movies come our in the years when we don't see a new episode of the main saga. Because Star Wars: Episode VII is coming out in December 2015, that means that the first "other" movie is being planned for 2016. Provided all goes according to plan, we would presumably then see Star Wars: Episode VIII in 2017, the second "other" movie in 2018, Star Wars: Episode IX in 2019, and the third "other" movie in 2020.

That's a lot of fucking Star Wars.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Wed May 07, 2014 4:49 pm

Fievel wrote:Disney Confirms There Are Three Star Wars Spin-Off Films In The Works

CEO Bob Iger spoke during the Walt Disney Company quarterly earning stockholders call today, and a reporter from Variety says that the executive revealed that the studios actually have three "spin-offs" in the works. The plan is to have each of these movies come our in the years when we don't see a new episode of the main saga. Because Star Wars: Episode VII is coming out in December 2015, that means that the first "other" movie is being planned for 2016. Provided all goes according to plan, we would presumably then see Star Wars: Episode VIII in 2017, the second "other" movie in 2018, Star Wars: Episode IX in 2019, and the third "other" movie in 2020.

Too much...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed May 07, 2014 4:54 pm

so sorry wrote:
Fievel wrote:Disney Confirms There Are Three Star Wars Spin-Off Films In The Works

Too much...

too soon?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed May 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Disney didn't spend billions buying Star Wars just to make three more movies. Aside from the spinoffs, you can bet they'll have more main saga movies lined up after this next trilogy is complete, too.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

PreviousNext

Return to Movie News