Moriarty's Darren Aronofsky Interview!!

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Moriarty's Darren Aronofsky Interview!!

Postby Moriarty on Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:36 am

Moriarty
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby John-Locke on Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:38 am

Sweet, Thanks Drewp.

I'll read that now.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:46 am

Cool interview Mori, nice to see Aronofsky a big geek too. I just hope the studio don't fuck with him too much about the release and marketing. They let him in on cutting the teaser though, that's really promising.

And yes I'm sure the Fountain is going to be mindblowing I read a script review (or treatment review?) on AICN aaaaaages ago.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:53 am

Yep - this is one of those movies that I feel certain I'm gonna love even before I've seen it

I don't think I've ever been wrong when I've had that feeling, the effects alone sound superb, I'm really looking forward to a new sci-fi film that doesn't rely entirely on CGI for its "wow" moments
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:10 am

I'm expecting The Fountain to get tons of Critical Aclaim & I'm sure a lot of people will love it, however I also get the feeling that a lot of people are too lazy to enjoy a film like this, they don't want to have to think too much & they will label the film as crap. Still I think Warners are savy enough to realise that even if it only makes it's money back on cinematic & initial DVD release, over the decades a well made film will make them a lot more money, like their Kubrick, Burton & Eastwood films.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:25 am

Nicely put, JL.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Moriarty on Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:50 pm

And that's exactly how they see him, JL... the new Kubrick. Don Buckley, the WB publicity guy we mentioned in the article, worked for Kubrick starting with CLOCKWORK ORANGE, and he's the one who made the comparison between SK and DA. They just plain want to make Aronofsky films. Cool, huh?
Moriarty
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:52 pm

Moriarty wrote:And that's exactly how they see him, JL... the new Kubrick. Don Buckley, the WB publicity guy we mentioned in the article, worked for Kubrick starting with CLOCKWORK ORANGE, and he's the one who made the comparison between SK and DA. They just plain want to make Aronofsky films. Cool, huh?

Oh man that is fanfuckingtastic. Wo0t Wo0t! :D
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Return to Movie News