Quint Interviews Harold Ramis

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Quint Interviews Harold Ramis

Postby bluebottle on Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:46 pm

Don't know if you guys have read it, but it's a great interview...

Quint, anything you can add that you left out of your article?
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Adam Balm on Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:52 pm

I owe alot to his Egon Spengler.

After seeing Ghostbusters, I was never ashamed of my molds, spores, and fungi collection again.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bluebottle on Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:53 pm

i identified with him more in stripes...

i'm a pacifist.

:D
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:10 pm

I read this earlier and thought it was a great Interview although I could have done without the spoilers.

I watched Ghostbusters two nights ago & was amazed a how well it had stood the test of time.

When I went to New York in 97 I looked out for all the locations used, I ended up seeing the restaurant on Central Park, I was there with College so there were a few of us, funnily enough the day Linda McCartney died (because we also saw where John was shot & Strawberry Fields where there were a few hippies playing the beatles and throwing rose petals, is it always like that?).

Anyway I ramble, so we see the restaurant & I'm compeled to run up to the window like Rick Moranis & bang on the window shouting "Somebody Help Me" etc (it was ages ago) about four college mates all followed my lead, I looked inside & they were having a Wake. Damn.

Vacation will always be my favourite of Ramis films so far because it never gets old, no mater how many times I watch it. That & I saw it when I was real young & I appreciated what he was showing to me ;) need I say more *Cough* Beverley D'Angelo*Cough*
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Quint on Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:30 pm

What you see in the interview is what you get. The only other thing that happened that I didn't include was I asked him to sign my Ghostbusters 1-sheet, which he did... Oh, and the waitress who brought the water interrupted once to say she was a big fan and that her dad loves Ramis. He was very gracious and seemed geniunely appreciative of the compliment.

All around just a really kind guy. Makes me want to like the movies of his that I really don't care for just because he was so cool!
Quint
AICN Crew

Postby Bean on Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:31 pm

If I were you, any filmmaker I interview I'd have a poster for them to sign.. lucky bastard! :P
Bean
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:32 pm

Which were?

Multiplicity obviously.

I'm not a big Groundhog Day fan myself, I prefer Murray in What About Bob.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby bluebottle on Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:37 pm

really? Groundhog Day is the perfect movie. I think it's flawless.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:34 am

Harold Ramis is a the goddamn genius, no? I donna think a he gets a the respect a he deserves from a the general public, simply a 'cos a he's willing to take a the back seat to his a buddies, no? Stripes a for example... she's alla him, but it's a the Bill Murray people remember...

More of a the testament a to Ramis, eh? He knows how a to sell a the funny even iffa it means a that he's a gonna to not get a the credit he deserves, no?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Return to Movie News