New Kitty Pryde in X-Men!!

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

New Kitty Pryde in X-Men!!

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:04 pm

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/637/637120p1.html

Yay for Kitty!!

Wait, seriously? We went from Maggie Grace to....who?
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby docfalken on Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:15 pm

Though this actress would probably be closer to who I think Kitty should be. Maggie Grace is entirely too beautiful and blonde. Quint got to meet her at ComicCon and some of the photos I've seen are much more stunning than she looks on TV.

I like Kitty as a teenager.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:32 pm

I agree, doc, but if they're playing Kitty as the love triangle "wedge" between Iceman and Rogue (which is entirely the wrong angle, but that script review spells it out that way), then I'd much prefer a sexpot who could really turn your head. Maggie Grace is that. If you're gonna butcher the character, butcher her right. HOWEVER, if they're turning Kitty around--yes, this is more how I see her.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:40 pm

Has THE script review been debunked as an old draft at this point? Or is that just spin.

Kudos on casting this cute as Kitty... she looks like 40s Wonder Woman. :lol:
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:49 pm

Burl, Avi said it was "verbally passed on," which gets me to think he's dismissing it as a pitch that wasn't. But this guy read a script. He had a draft. But I don't know, there was that fake Matrix: Reloaded draft floating around that everyone was certain was for real.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby John-Locke on Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:50 pm

I'm glad they replaced Maggie Grace, not only does she not look the part but she's not a very good actress either.

Did Ratner go through his usual Casting process here?, she is only 15 after all. Heres hoping Ratner didn't pull a Polanski, for the girls sake.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:51 pm

John-Locke: You know, I didn't think she was that great either until some of the stuff when a certain someone dies. A few of those scenes were surpisingly effective, methought.

*Sorry about that Locke.*
Last edited by MasterWhedon on Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby John-Locke on Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:00 pm

Yeah she didn't actually say anything when someone died (Not a Lost thread and it's not been out in the UK yet if you don't mind deleting the name for the sake of Tony Wilson CockKnocker, BanthaFodderUK etc) She was good but It was more to do with the way the whole scenario was set up, what with her being absent for the events, When Jack told her what happened on the beach, that was when it really sunk in for me and I found myself getting a tad emotional, not because of her performance though, but because of the delivery. Most of the time she just pulls a face like a retard. I'd still bang her given half the chance though.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:03 pm

I think THE FOG is going to prove all of you wrong. Maggie Grace... Oscar Winner 2005.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:04 pm

Yeah, I think you've pretty much got it. The craft carried those scenes more than her talent. And sorry about the spoiler bit, wasn't thinking. Have you seen the show or did I spoil it for you? Sorry if I did.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby John-Locke on Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:11 pm

Have I seen the Show? No I haven't seen it, I just decided to base my Username on a 17th Century British philosopher, and took a random photo of some guy whos picture appeared in Goggle Image search and used it as my Avatar.sarcasm over.

I've been watching since January, when I got my computer, Best TV show ever? maybe it will be, but not as good as "The Wire" yet.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:18 pm

Did John mention what happened when I downloaded the first episode of Lost from BT today?
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby John-Locke on Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:26 pm

No I didn't but I'll tell them.

He got Lost dubbed into Spanish, what an AssScarf, or whatever word you young whippersnappers use to make derogitory comments to a geek who has done something silly.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby DennisMM on Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:32 pm

I don't watch "Lost" (I don't watch all that much TV), so I didn't know what Maggie Grace looks like. Damn, was she wrong for the part. Kitty Pryde is cute, spunky and 15 years old. (Damn you, Claremont!)

I'm not nuts about this new girl. Her forehead is massive. But she's more acceptable.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:34 pm

Locke, I figured as much. If I spoiled the "you know what" for you, I apologize.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:42 pm

stepping off topic for one moment:

MasterWhedon...Kai is a douchebag, I can't believe the way he jumped all over you in the Sky High TB.

Back on topic:

Ok, I've been avoiding X-Men 3 news, because all seems depressing. Do we have an idea yet of which new characters will be appearing this time around? I've heard about the Angel, Kitty, Juggernaut, and the Beast. Any others confirmed?
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:44 pm

by the way John, I think AssScarf is a fine term, though I would have gone with AssMackerel. Fish are inherently funny, particularly when combined with Ass.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby John-Locke on Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:54 pm

I like the way you backed up MasterWhedon in the SkyHigh TB Lord Voldermoo, It's nice to see that the Zone has become like a large disfunctional family. MW that Kai boy is a serious Troll.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:00 pm

Thanks John, I saw your post too. At least I now have an alternative place to post when the TB hordes become unruly. Besides, I've always found MW's posts to be thoughtful and enlightened (when he's not being an AssMackerel, that is) :wink:
Lord Voldemoo

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:05 pm

I step away for a few hours and WHAM!! Gotta love it when the love from the Zone seeps over onto the main site.

I think that little exchange there pretty much typifies the things we're trying to escape from main site TalkBack.

I don't take guys like that too seriously, but it's quite nice to know there are some like-minded folks on here who have my back.

Cheers.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:07 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:Besides, I've always found MW's posts to be thoughtful and enlightened (when he's not being an AssMackerel, that is) :wink:

Totally just made my day. AssMackerel.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby docfalken on Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:39 pm

You guys are a freaking motorcycle gang now.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:46 pm

docfalken wrote:You guys are a freaking motorcycle gang now.

Who smell worse!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby John-Locke on Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:01 pm

You Burl, You Smell the worse ;-)
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby banthafodderUK on Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:50 am

Doesn't Kitty fall in love with Colossus almost as soon as she sees the big lump?? Or are they sticking to the Rogue/Iceman/Kity 3's up?
wii code 0186 4330 3469 8398 use it mofo's!
banthafodderUK
AIRWOLF

Postby docfalken on Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:15 am

You are going to make me dig out my old issues and double check. I think it is love at first sight.

I was just thinking that maybe having Lockheed would be kinda cool too. I don't remember where she got him. Maybe something with the Starjammers?
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby banthafodderUK on Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:22 am

SHIT! - i forgot about lockheed!!! - are there any rumours they'll try and include him???
banthafodderUK
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:25 am

I doubt Lockheed will be included, and I don't think Kitty and Colossus were a love at first site kind of thing.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby banthafodderUK on Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:44 am

I can't remember where they found Lockheed - he came along a lot later than Kitty didn't he?
banthafodderUK
AIRWOLF

Postby PVIII on Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:20 am

I'm sorry but Kitty is supposed to be Natalie portman cute. This chick looks like she has downs or something.

PVIII
"It's an Illusion!"--GOB
PVIII
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:29 am

:lol:
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DennisMM on Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:18 am

Here I go again --

Down, not Down's. They changed it back in the late '80s or early '90s.

Dennis
mental health guy

(I'm just busting your cohones, PV. You know I admire your honesty and clear thinking, I hope.)
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby PVIII on Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:20 am

DennisMM wrote:(I'm just busting your cohones, PV. You know I admire your honesty and clear thinking, I hope.)

:D Or tasteless comments. It's all love in the FZ.

PVIII
"It's an Illusion!"--GOB
PVIII
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:23 am

PVIII wrote:This chick looks like she has downs or something.

Aww... she's a not THAT bad... the Dino, he thinks that a she does a look like a the Kitty Pryde from a the funny books. It's a good a choice.
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:38 pm

Here's some more casting rumors from Joshua/JoBlo...

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=8201

And then there's lil' Angel...

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=8191

Great line 'bout Ratner being batshit crazy. I'm generally not one to flame on a flick given rumors, innuendo (well, 'cept "GhostRider" being a fetching pg-13 and Nick Cage's hairpiece looking scarier than the flaming skull) but OH GOD IS RATNER EVER GOING TO FUCK THIS UP!!!
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:42 pm

Bill Duke, Tanner, and Olivia Williams in X-3.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=8314
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:55 pm

The Legacy Virus?!!

I thought we were talking about the mutant "cure?" I'm sure it does the same stuff, but I'm kinda pumped to have that little nugget included.

I still say there is good in this film. I... can... feel it... *dies*
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Brocktune on Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:05 pm

isnt Brett Ratner directing X3 now? if this is indeed the case, i find this thread to be highly irrelevant, as he is going to certainly run this franchise directly into the ground. its such a bummer too, because this was the one comic book cum billion dollar blockbuster film franchise that i actually thought was pretty decent. i mean they tried to stuff too much into the first one, but otherwise, they have both been quite enjoyable. Fuck Rattner!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Adam Balm on Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:07 pm

So Whedo's all 'Gotham is not beyond all saving..." for X3. If I may hazard a guess, I'd say that this movie may not be as appreciated as Superman Returns, I'd bet that when we see them both, it will be more interesting.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:19 pm

Adam Balm wrote:So Whedo's all 'Gotham is not beyond all saving..." for X3. If I may hazard a guess, I'd say that this movie may not be as appreciated as Superman Returns, I'd bet that when we see them both, it will be more interesting.

Yes, Balmy, the Master believes X3 just needs a symbol, a champion to guide it from the pits of despair. And that champion is... Brett Ratner?

Seriously though, I've seen pretty much all of Ratner's stuff and he doesn't make BAD movies (except maybe The Family Man), he makes mediocre ones.

Do I want to see a mediocre X-Men film? Of course not, but I trust enough in the cast's interpretation of the characters (save for Halle's come-and-go Jamaican accent) and in some of the potentially amazing story bits we've had leaked thus far. There's plenty of mixed-to-bad stuff, but I think (I'm hoping here) folks will be shocked that it's not THAT BAD a film.

It won't be FF-bad or Daredevil-bad. In fact, I'm betting it'll be even better than the first X-Men, though not better than X2. That's me out on a limb with the hopes up, but I still feel fairly confident.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:26 pm

It better not be as boring as Red Dragon.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Adam Balm on Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:07 pm

I can't believe the shit Red Dragon gets. Well, not exactly. I can understand it, and I have felt it in the past. But I think if it was the first Hannibal Lector movie made, and they didn't have Manhunter and Silence to compare it to, I think it would be on many critics' top ten list for the year.

Yes Ratner's without vision, style, voice, inspiration...yes, there's no reason why he should be getting the choice gigs that he gets, or even is a 'name' director at all. I just want everyone to keep some perspective here is all.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:27 pm

Whoa! Great casting of Moira! MOIRA'S IN THE MOVIE!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Return to Movie News