Ok.. if we're talking about the Joker (Harley Quinn Casting)

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Ok.. if we're talking about the Joker (Harley Quinn Casting)

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:26 am

Then who would you have play Harly Quinn?

In this day and age, you CANNOT do a Joker story on the Big screen and leave Harly off of it!

IT would be a freakin Crime to do so

(Pluse i think Dini might go mental)

I think, personaly, one would have to go with an unknown, as Harly has to be someone sick enough to love the Joker... and i cant think of a single actress working today that could pull something off like that.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Conroy420 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:31 am

Well Harley is just a creation of the Dini series isn't she? So its not like their would be a fanboy uproar if she wasn't included.

I don't think she will be in this series, if she does it wont be in this sequel, if there's a third and Joker survives till than, than it wouldn't hurt to put her in there, make it a comic book Micky and Mallory!

My casting choice: Britney Murphy!
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby jgraphix on Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:38 am

My Choice: A naked Brittany Murphy
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:54 am

I can completely see it if the Joker survives and spans two films (hey the X men villians and Lex Luthor can somehow do it)...ie he is captured and dumped into Arkham at the end of the 2nd and Harley breaks him out in the 3rd film. Thus they could establish their relationship started in the time between the films via a flash back.

Casting wise I think Brittany Murphy based on her role in Sin City is pretty damn close. Though I don't know if she could pull off a convincing turn as Dr. Harleen Quinzel. My best choice would be Keira Knightley....She seems to have a great deal of range but I don't know how well she could play a villian.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:10 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Keira Knightley....She seems to have a great deal of range

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Nice a one paisan, nice a one....

hehehe...

What's that? You serious? HOLY CRAPPA!
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:38 pm

Well who else has played such a convincing beanpole? Seriously though I like her Beckham and the PotC though the caveat about being a villian still stands.

And how did you know I am a Paison....well more accurately what Tony Soprano would call a Wonderbread Wop.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:44 pm

Brittney Murphy would be pretty good. Keira Knightley would be a travesty.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby jgraphix on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:47 pm

Kiera in Domino was pretty lovely though. Fit right in.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby buster00 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:14 pm

Oh, I think we could do JUST FINE without Harley...

Next we'll start discussing who'll play Robin...brrr...

Why slop it up with unnecessary characters?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:34 pm

I dunno, I feel like a slightly younger Helena Bonham Carter would have been clutch . . . there's no one around like that in an appropriate age range today

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby El Scorcho on Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Why did I automatically think of Brittany Murphy when I saw this topic? Weird that a bunch of other people posted that, too. And I don't even like her.
El Scorcho
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Crayotic Rockwell on Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:35 pm

i would like to see a harly quinn at some stage, but mainly for tentpole reasons
The Anime Stock Exchange for all your anime tripe
Crayotic Rockwell
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Shane on Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:37 pm

No Harley.

they should not put her in the movie.

it would not fit the mood they have and the mood they are going for.

and yes she first showed up on the cartoon, and someone got the bright idea to put her in comics then.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:42 pm

Brittany Murphy would be perfect! its the part she was born to play!

her big part in SIN CITY is my favorite segment of that movie.

"Ya goddamn bastid! Ya goddamn cowid!"

shes such a trashy brooklyn ho, i love her.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:34 pm

Are you fucking serious? Brittany Murphy? BOOO!!!

Alison Lohman is the real choice. I think she'd do well in the role, and I think her character would fit the world that Nolan has established, because Dr. Crane is no longer head of Arkham, he's fully the Scarecrow now, so they need a new admin. So, when Joker is captured, she is there to rehabilitate him, and she eventually starts falling for him, and helps him break out.

Lohman is Harley.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:48 pm

I'm in the no Harley camp as well, loved the animated series, but still wouldn't want to see her in the film. Really sidekicks in general can stay in the comics and cartoon world, I think the film should just stick with the fundamentals, No Harley, no Robin, no Batgirl.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:51 pm

Nightwing?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Shane on Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:02 pm

not anytime soon in the Batman Begins series.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 pm

Shane wrote:not anytime soon in the Batman Begins series.

A man can dream, can't he?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby King Psyz on Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:09 am

I think they could pull off robin if done right. If they keep it in tone it could basicly be Batman seeing someone with his same spark and knowing there's too much to do and he needs to have a legacy.

obviously ditch the classic costume, but give it a nod. such as it's his acrobatic costume. from which bats desgins something a little more practical but that also sets robin apart form himself.

i'm looking forward to joker for sure, and I think they can plant the seeds for Harley, but nothing formal. Maybe a glimpse of her at the end while taking Joker into custody.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:35 pm

I think Harley would not only be possible but helps to expand the Joker into an abusive husband archetype as well as the psychotic clown. Showing him twist someone else, who is willingly playing along, for his own benefit was the best addition to the character in years..
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:00 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:I think Harley would not only be possible but helps to expand the Joker into an abusive husband archetype as well as the psychotic clown. Showing him twist someone else, who is willingly playing along, for his own benefit was the best addition to the character in years..

I agree. Harley adds a lot to the Joker.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:36 pm

I'm thinking Kelly Osborne (if she lost weight)
or Lindsay Lohan..

But I like Brittany also..
Last edited by athenabodicea on Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby xantheman on Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:39 pm

what about Faruza Balk?
Although Brittany Murphy would be ace.
xantheman
GLIB

Postby MondoMan on Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:52 pm

I vote for keeping this current series focused on Batman. The more characters you add, the harder the balancing act becomes...THUS, f* Robin and f*Harley.

I already had to sit through the crap we know as Katey Holmes in the original, please do not even suggest Brittany Murphy. She's absolutely awful.
MondoMan
GLIB

Postby Petri on Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:56 pm

xantheman wrote:what about Faruza Balk?
Although Brittany Murphy would be ace.

Brittany acts crazy enough to do the role perfectly.
Petri
REAL DRAGON

Postby MondoMan on Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:05 pm

While we're at it,since everyone thinks Brittany Murphy would be so f'n great, lets change the cast altogether:

Batman/Bruce Wayne - Freddie Prinze

Alfred the Butler - Chevy Chase

Commissioner Gordon - Steve Guttenberg
MondoMan
GLIB

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:15 pm

Fine.... I say Angelina Jolie.....
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Adam Balm on Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:20 pm

Julie Christie or Anne Bancroft.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RoadBlock on Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:42 pm

I think Morena Baccarin could pull off a good Harley. Although we've not seen her do "stark raving mad", she could definately pull off the doctor side of the character.
RoadBlock
GLIB

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:20 pm

I still don't see how the number of villians is a problem....Considering Begins had 2 almost 3 villians and one cameo as well..
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Conroy420 on Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:30 pm

Alison Lahman would bea better actress for the role, just because she is such a talent, but Britney Murphy, even though she is a poorer actress, is perfect. Sin City, like others have mentioned, has proved just that.

I think she would fit perfect for the third movie, she gives Joker more depth and if the third does have Two-Face, it would make it a bit more intresting if Bats was dealing with TwoFace on one hand and than the Micky and Mallory Knox of the comic book world with the other.
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Wellesian on Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:10 pm

Fairuza Balk, Scarlett Johansen, or (for an older, more mature, and therfore more inexplicably twisted Harley) Juliette Lewis.

If the series includes Robin, it could be justified only one way: exemplify Bruce Wayne's need for family with the odd relationship (is he Dick's father figure? Big Brother? Is Alfred grand-dad like).

But none of that until later. For now, Joaquin Phoenix for a twisted psycho Joker, Paul Bettany for a dapper, suit-clad (Dini-esque) Joker.

Bob Hoskins for Cobblepot, Justin Theroux for Roman Sionis, Sadie Frost for Sarah Essen, James Gandolfini for Harvey Bullock, and nobody but Liev Shrieber for Harvey Dent.

So sayeth the genius.
"The word genius was whispered into my ear, the first thing I ever heard, while I was still mewling in my crib. So it never occurred to me that I wasn't"
Wellesian
GLIB

Postby Ribbons on Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:14 pm

Brittany Murphy is the crazy Merly Streep. That said, I think Alison Lohman is the more interesting choice. That said, I don't think Harley Quinn should be in the Batman movies at all.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:37 am

I completely agree with James Gandolfini as Bullock that would be an amazing piece of casting. I was wrong about KK for Harley though the more I reconsider it.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:43 am

Fairuza Balk. I was set on Lohman, but Balk is a great choice as well. Good job.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Re: Ok.. if we're talking about the Joker (Harley Quinn Cast

Postby TheButcher on Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:35 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:41 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:16 am

TheButcher wrote:Collider Exclusive:
Margot Robbie to Play Harley Quinn in SUICIDE SQUAD

Considering that Harley Quinn is probably the most used-for-mastubation character in all of geekdom, this is pretty big casting news. Hopefully Miss Robbie is up for the task (going out to buy stock in tissues today).
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Mon May 16, 2016 5:43 pm

Harley Quinn Movie in the Works at Warner Bros. With Margot Robbie (Exclusive)
In an interesting twist, the project is not a Quinn solo movie. Rather, it would focus on several of DC’s female heroes and villains, with names such as Batgirl and Birds of Prey surfacing.
Borys Kit wrote:Months ahead of the opening of Suicide Squad, Warner Bros. is already contemplating a spinoff for the DC Entertainment anti-heroine, Harley Quinn.

Margot Robbie, who stars as the villainess in Suicide Squad, is attached to reprise the character and would also produce the untitled spinoff, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

But in an interesting twist, the project is not a Quinn solo movie. Rather, it would focus on several of DC’s female heroes and villains.

Details are being closely guarded but names such as Batgirl and Birds of Prey have surfaced, although in what capacity, it’s not clear. Warner Bros. isn’t commenting.

There is also a scribe penning the script but those details, too, are being kept secret, although it is known that the writer is female.

DC has a very strong stable of heroines and villainesses and has been focusing on those characters with the rise of its female readership and fanbase. It recently introduced DC SuperHero Girls, a line of comics and products targeting the young female demographic. The characters getting the spotlight include Quinn, Batgirl, Batman villainess Poison Ivy, Katana (Quinn’s fellow member of the Suicide Squad) and Bumblebee, who can fly and shrink.

Sources say that Robbie was the impetus for the project, adding that when she got the part for the movie, she dove deep into the comics to learn as much as possible about the character. In the process, she fell for DC’s female characters. She brought on the writer to help develop the project and brought it to Warners, which snapped it up.

A Quinn-centered movie is a no-brainer for Warners. The character was created by writer Paul Dini and was initially a sidekick and girlfriend to the Joker. But to the surprise of many, she caught the imagination of fans, who have propelled her to star status. While she may not have the stature and deep roots of DC's Wonder Woman, Quinn's books outsell the Amazonian's and her merchandise is also a top seller.

The character has some similarities to Marvel's Deadpool in that they both break the fourth wall and have nihilistic streaks, with their stories being wacky fun.

Robbie is well-established at Warners, where she previously starred with Will Smith in 2015 caper flick Focus and plays Jane in this summer's The Legend of Tarzan. She is repped by CAA, Management 360, Jackoway Tyerman.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Harley Quinn

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:09 am

THR:
Margot Robbie Signs First-Look Deal With Warner Bros. (Exclusive)
The Aussie actress already has two projects set at the studio, including a spinoff for her 'Suicide Squad' character Harley Quinn.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:12 pm

Roll on more cringey lines when she refers to her psychopathic monster murdering boyfriend as "Puuuddiiinnngg". Yuck.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

MORE GRIM & GRITTY SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIES: Gotham City Sirens

Postby TheButcher on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:15 pm

THR:
David Ayer, Margot Robbie Reteam for All-Female DC Villains Movie 'Gotham City Sirens' (Exclusive)
Borys Kit wrote:The studio is still developing a Suicide Squad sequel as well as looking into a spinoff featuring Deadshot, the assassin character played by Will Smith. But this project was the furthest along, and with Robbie’s Quinn having received near universal praise for Squad, this was the most natural project for Ayer with which to make his Warners return. The filmmaker is currently nearing the end of principal photography for Bright, a fantasy thriller for Netflix that stars Will Smith and Joel Edgerton.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: MORE GRIM & GRITTY SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIES: Gotham City Sir

Postby TheButcher on Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:17 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: MORE GRIM & GRITTY SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIES: Gotham City Sir

Postby so sorry on Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:25 am

And the line for the Spank Bank just circled around the block.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:02 pm

funny, they'll sell it publicly as female empowerment but it's going to be a teenage boy wankfest flick :-P

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:42 am

Last edited by TheButcher on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:23 pm

I swear, with Megan Fox as Poison Ivy and Catwoman joining Harley Quinn this will be the biggest superheroine movie masturbation since... since....

WELL SINCE THIS...!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby so sorry on Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:42 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:I swear, with Megan Fox as Poison Ivy and Catwoman joining Harley Quinn this will be the biggest superheroine movie masturbation since... since....

WELL SINCE THIS...!!!

I should have known better than to click that link...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:53 pm

got kirkrolled?

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Next

Return to Movie News