New V FOR VENDETTA trailer + VR tours of the sets!

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Postby DennisMM on Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Nordling wrote:
DennisMM wrote: I decided to EDIT my rambling.

You're going to be really happy with the film, I think.

I hope so. I keep getting good signals.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby DennisMM on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:03 pm

Ribbons wrote:This is slightly off-topic from the interesting conversation you guys are having, but did anybody else notice that sort-of panther purr sound effect that accompanied V's intro in the alleyway? Or is that just me? Anyway I thought it was used well, really augmented the scene.

What you're saying about Moore is probably true magicmonkey.

Seconded on Moore, magicmonkey.

Ribbons, you may have gone off-topic for the current discussion, but it's exactly on topic for the thread!
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby The Vicar on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:31 pm

DennisMM ...."which were exacerbated by The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. "

Well, who couldnt understand that? I mean, anyone who'd read the graphic novel then saw the shit-eating epic was horrified by the bastardization down unto Mr. Moore's story. Not even frigging close. If I were Moore, I wouldn't trust film-makers either after that fiasco.

gravisred5791 - could you please post that avatar a little larger? I mean, wow. Looks very warm....
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby DennisMM on Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:06 pm

The Vicar wrote:DennisMM ...."which were exacerbated by The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. "

Well, who couldnt understand that? I mean, anyone who'd read the graphic novel then saw the shit-eating epic was horrified by the bastardization down unto Mr. Moore's story. Not even frigging close. If I were Moore, I wouldn't trust film-makers either after that fiasco.

gravisred5791 - could you please post that avatar a little larger? I mean, wow. Looks very warm....

It's ... THE VICAR!

I wasn't trying to make light of it, Vicar. Please don't kill me.

("Monsignor Martinez" on King of the Hill is SO a ripoff of "The Vicar.")

But, as I wrote, what would James Robinson think if someone changed Starman to such a degree so it could be dumbed down for the masses?
DennisMM

Postby The Vicar on Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:01 am

DennisMM wrote:
The Vicar wrote:DennisMM ...."which were exacerbated by The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. "

Well, who couldnt understand that? I mean, anyone who'd read the graphic novel then saw the shit-eating epic was horrified by the bastardization down unto Mr. Moore's story. Not even frigging close. If I were Moore, I wouldn't trust film-makers either after that fiasco....

It's ... THE VICAR!

I wasn't trying to make light of it, Vicar. Please don't kill me.

But, as I wrote, what would James Robinson think if someone changed Starman to such a degree so it could be dumbed down for the masses?

Hah hah hah. Rest easy. The Vicar doesn't roll like that. I think Mr. Robinson would probably get somewhat agitated if some one fumble-dicked his Starman work as they did LOEG. Writers are funny that way...
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Previous

Return to Movie News