Wonder Woman

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Re: Wonder Woman

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:49 am

they should try calling it Wonderbra Woman. that movie sells itself.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:04 pm

Here is an excellent round up of Wonder Woman's rogues gallery. I was pretty impressed with the list, and several of the commentaries make me think that many of these villains would be GREAT foes in a movie.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby TheButcher on Sat May 15, 2010 6:51 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:00 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Wonder Woman Returning To TV

Postby TheButcher on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:17 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Wonder Woman Returning To TV

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Awesome. Awesomely, awesome.

I want this!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:01 pm

From The Playlist:
Empire Big Screen ‘11: Nicolas Winding Refn Says ‘Wonder Woman’ A Go If He Does ‘Logan’s Run’ Right

Oliver Lyttelton wrote:1. Refn’s has been told by studio executives that his dream adaptation of “Wonder Woman” depends on the success of his first blockbuster, “Logan’s Run”
“I would love to make ‘Wonder Woman.’ And I also think that Christina Hendricks would be the perfect Wonder Woman, but Warner Bros haven’t called yet. But I’m getting closer with ‘Logan’s Run.’ I think someone said to me in a meeting that if I get ‘Logan’s Run’ right, then I’ll get ‘Wonder Woman.’”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:38 am

Refn doing WONDER WOMAN? I dunno, I know I said this back in the WONDER WOMAN tv show thread, but I just can't see this material done in a way that isn't kitschy. Maybe my opinion is too much shaped by the corny old tv show, but the material just feels like a goofy Katy Perry video.

Refn's got a definite style, and it's definately not a glossy cutesy pop-art style. Obviously this pairing of director and material is one of those ideas that is so nuts that I just want to see it even if the results are disasterous. But I still think the best approach would be with a light goofy tone.

As for Hendricks, I'm as happy to look at her as the rest of you guys, but I've only ever seen her act on MAD MEN, so I have no idea what her acting range is. For all I know she just is Joan Holloway.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:57 am

i'm trying to imagine christina hendricks in a wonder woman and i'm just picturing boobs and boobs, popping out all over the place.....

boobs.....

christina hendricks.....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait, what was i saying?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:55 pm

I believe it was something along the lines of "boobs."
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby minstrel on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:12 pm

Some of the most respected scholars in the field have spent vast amounts of time analyzing TheBaxter's recent post, and they all agree that the gist of it is "Boobs." Some say there should be an exclamation point, and others say that there should be more oooooooos, but that just draws out the utterance.

The gist is "boobs". A paper will be appearing in a respected peer-reviewed journal later this year detailing this argument, and it will be fully illustrated.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:28 pm

i think they miss the point.
it's not just boobs.
it's CHRISTINA HENDRICKS' boobs.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby minstrel on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:36 pm

TheBaxter wrote:i think they miss the point.
it's not just boobs.
it's CHRISTINA HENDRICKS' boobs.

Yes, yes, yes, but the GIST is "boobs". Boobs boobs boobs. Boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs. That's all scholars think about: boobs. Boobs boobs boobs boobs boobs ass boobs boobs boobs.
minstrel

Postby DennisMM on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:21 pm

There are also a zaftig ass and a thickish midsection. I hate it when people call her "fat, but she's definitely not the picture of the modern glamor/action star. She's more like Jayne Mansfield than Angelina Jolie.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Bloo on Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:05 pm

then there is the red hair, the red hair is just the topping on the cake
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby minstrel on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:27 am

Bloo wrote:then there is the red hair, the red hair is just the topping on the cake

Wonder Woman's head is made of cake? Cool!
minstrel

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:20 am

It's actually a condition of working on MAD MEN that the actresses aren't allowed to exercise. It's for authenticity, because women didn't excercise back then, the whole 'toned' look didn't really exist. Women looked soft. The actresses have to maintain their figures through diet alone. I've seen older photos of Hendricks and she isn't normally that big; she's even said that working on MAD MEN has caused her to gain a lot of weight. So I'm sure she could do a boot camp and get toned enough to be believable as an action lead, not that I'd really want her to.

I would love to know how Refn pictures his action sequences for this movie, actually I'd love to hear how he pictures everything for this movie since it's probably not going to happen anyway. He's normally so realistic and determined to show the ugly side of violence. I guess this LOGAN'S RUN is his big studio picture and we'll see if he tones it down and does Hollywood style action for a broader audience.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:22 am

Bloo wrote:then there is the red hair, the red hair is just the topping on the cake

i'd like to put a topping on her cake.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:26 am

I'm sorry, I didn't hear anything after "boobs".
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:35 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't hear anything after "boobs".

TheBaxter wrote:Boobs! billions and billions of Boobs!

:-P
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:32 am

From Vulture:
Christina Hendricks on Granting Wishes and All That Wonder Woman Talk
Jennifer Vineyard wrote:Nicolas is a big fan of yours as well. He really wants you for Wonder Woman. Would you do it?
Sure! I grew up on the TV show, and I had Wonder Woman Underoos, and my brother had a Wonder Woman doll — sorry, Aaron, you're exposed. [Giggles.] And Nicolas said, when we were on set, "I want you to be Wonder Woman." And I think he is such an extraordinary and exceptional director, that if he asked me to do it, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Funny enough, when Joss Whedon was going to direct Wonder Woman, you were one of the people he was considering ... so you've got two directors who think you're right for the role.
I'd like to think that Joss would have cast me! I also loved working with Joss [on Firefly]. I'm excited to see what he does with The Avengers. Hopefully the stars would align [for Wonder Woman]. It would be really fun. It would be cool, wouldn't it? I'd get to kick ass.

The original Wonder Woman comics were all about sexual metaphors, because William Moulton Marston, the guy who created her, was trying to make Wonder Woman a combo of his wife and his lover, and the lasso representing their BDSM and whatnot.
Ah! Right. That makes sense now.

Would you want your Wonder Woman to be that kind of dark, sexually liberated character? Bring back the bondage?
Well, I would certainly do what Nicolas wanted to do, and I can only guess what his version would be, but as I grew up with and am now married to a comic book fan, I think it's important to be true to the original comic books, because I know that the fans love every detail and it's very important to them. So I think it would be cool to do that. I look forward to learning more about it, actually. I should probably start reading them, so that if someone were to ask me [to be in the movie], I would be fully prepared. [Grins.]
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:44 am

Nicolas Winding Refn Says He Didn’t Know About ‘Die Hard 5’ Shortlist, But Likely Would Have Said No
Gabe Toro wrote:Once again Refn said he was “born” to make “Wonder Woman.”
Even though Warner Bros. hasn’t been able to put together a “Wonder Woman” movie (aside from commissioning and then dropping a script penned by Joss Whedon), Refn has lobbied hard for the job, despite not even reading the comics. “I would love to make ‘Wonder Woman,’ ” Refn declares enthusiastically. “I would be the best at making ‘Wonder Woman.’ I was born to make ‘Wonder Woman.’ To do a movie about a universe where women are more powerful then men—this appeals to me very much.” When asked about the rumors about Christina Hendricks being his number one choice, Refn chooses his words a bit more carefully, paused and then said, “I don’t know if I want her per se, but I think she’s the perfect type.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:56 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:52 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Max Landis Has a 'Wonder Woman' Pitch in the Works
For some, the very idea of a Wonder Woman movie is off-putting, but not for Max Landis, who teased that he has a pitch in the works for Warner Bros.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:05 am

Warner Bros.' Kevin Tsujihara Talks 'Gravity,' J.K. Rowling and Tentpole Strategy
Jonathan Handel wrote:Also on the subject of franchises, Tsujihara said that the lack of superhero movies other than the Superman and Batman franchises had been a “missed opportunity,” but added that the studio had “huge plans for a number of other DC properties on TV.” Perhaps one hint in that direction: “We need to get Wonder Woman on the big screen or TV.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby athenabodicea on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:08 pm

Looks like the sequel to Man of Steel is in the works... Superman vs Batman OR Batman vs Superman (not yet confirmed). It sounds like Warner Bros. has been talking to Jaimie Alexander about a possible appearance of Wonder Woman. I am really excited about this. Every time Wonder Woman is brought up as a possible movie, it ends up falling apart. I feel like the intro of Wonder Woman in the upcoming Superman sequel could be the perfect introduction. This could definitely open the door for a stand alone movie with Diana's back story. It could also be the prequel to Trinity, Infinite Crisis..... JLA. I am very excited about this and I think Jaimie Alexander could pull this off. Not really sure how I feel about Ben Affleck though ughhh..

Check it out...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/ ... -superman/
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Ribbons on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:20 am

I see dead people. :shock:
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby athenabodicea on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:56 am

Ribbons wrote:I see dead people. :shock:

IPAMPILASH!!!

Do we still say that here???
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Fievel on Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:17 am

athenabodicea wrote: I think Jaimie Alexander could pull this off. Not really sure how I feel about Ben Affleck though ughhh..

I think Ben would make a horrible Wonder Woman.

Alexander, however, intrigues me.

:D
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Al Shut on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:02 am

Fievel wrote:Alexander, however, intrigues me.

as Batman of course
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby so sorry on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:37 pm

athenabodicea wrote:

IPAMPILASH!!!

Those of us who know the secret hand signals...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:03 pm

so sorry wrote:
athenabodicea wrote:

IPAMPILASH!!!

Those of us who know the secret hand signals...

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:13 pm

"Draw Me?"

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby tfactor on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:33 pm

William Moulten Marston would be so proud of how far JV has come. *sniffle* :roll:
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby TheButcher on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:19 am

New Actresses Test for ‘Batman vs. Superman’…as Wonder Woman? (EXCLUSIVE)
Justin Kroll wrote:Sources tell Variety that “Fast and Furious” actress Gal Gadot, “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” thesp Elodie Yung and Olga Kurylenko have or will test for the female lead, which appears to be the role of Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman. Sources stress there’s still a possibility this role could be Bruce Wayne’s love interest, but the casting description of “tall, brunette, athletic and exotic” also matches that of the Wonder Woman character in the comics.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:26 pm

TheButcher wrote:New Actresses Test for ‘Batman vs. Superman’…as Wonder Woman? (EXCLUSIVE)
Justin Kroll wrote:Sources tell Variety that “Fast and Furious” actress Gal Gadot, “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” thesp Elodie Yung and Olga Kurylenko have or will test for the female lead, which appears to be the role of Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman. Sources stress there’s still a possibility this role could be Bruce Wayne’s love interest, but the casting description of “tall, brunette, athletic and exotic” also matches that of the Wonder Woman character in the comics.

Gal Gadot FTW!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Al Shut on Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:53 pm

so sorry wrote:Gal Gadot FTW!

Already has a silly comic book name
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby TheButcher on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Warner Bros. Finds Its Wonder Woman for 'Batman vs. Superman'
Zack Snyder is directing the movie, which stars Henry Cavill as Superman and Ben Affleck as Batman.
Borys Kit wrote:Gal Gadot has been cast as Wonder Woman in Batman vs. Superman, the follow-up to Man of Steel.

Gadot, an Israeli-born actress who was seen in Fast and Furious 6, joins Henry Cavill, who is reprising his role as Superman and Ben Affleck, who is playing Batman.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:24 pm

I much preferred the rumors of Jaimie Alexander. This chick looks like fucking Olive Oyl in comparison.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:52 am

yeah, she is beautiful but hardly what I envision as an Amazon, much too slight of frame to be realistically imposing in a physical manner. they should have gotten a chick with a frame like Katherine Heigl or Charlize Theron. hell, Theron would have made a great choice imo, just dye her hair black

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Peven wrote:Theron would have made a great choice imo, just dye her hair black

To be honest, Theron is a great choice in pretty much any role. Hubba hubba!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Gal Gadot will be awesome as Catwoman! She's a great choice for the role!

Oh, wait, who'd they cast her as? Nevermind.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Peven on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:37 pm

right, Catwoman is the right kind of role for her, she would probably kill as Catwoman, she has that sexy slinky dangerous feline quality to her, now that she is doing WW i nominate Zoe Saldana for Catwoman

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:06 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:26 am

Gal Gadot Reveals The Length, Cost of Her Wonder Woman Role
The future Wonder Woman talked about her fee for the follow-up to "Man of Steel," as well as how many movies she's signed on for, on Israeli talk show.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:06 am

TheButcher wrote:Gal Gadot Reveals The Length, Cost of Her Wonder Woman Role
The future Wonder Woman talked about her fee for the follow-up to "Man of Steel," as well as how many movies she's signed on for, on Israeli talk show.

Given the tradition for secrecy around such matters, it's refreshing to see Gadot dish the details --

I guess she'll never get a part in a Tarantino flick...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Wonder Woman

Postby TheButcher on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:28 am

Lynda Carter Comments on Wonder Woman’s ‘Batman V Superman’ Costume
Andrew Dyce wrote:The actress seemed pleased to hear that anyone was getting the chance to don the tiara and lasso on film, but with the suit revealed, Access Hollywood asked for her initial reaction to Diana’s new duds:
“Well, I was missing the red, white and blue, I have to say… I don’t know. I haven’t seen it yet, so I really can’t comment. Maybe there’s a lot more color in it than what we saw in the picture.”

Eager to point out the more important issue, Carter went on to explain that Gadot and her colleagues have bigger challenges than what message is sent by their character’s costume:

“It’s almost impossible to play a superhero anyway. You can’t. You just have to play a character that happens to do these amazing things. That’s the only way you can do it. And the costumes all take care of themselves.”

“I’ll have to wait and see. I hate to comment on something that I haven’t seen and I’m very supportive of Gal Gadot. I’m very supportive of them doing Wonder Woman, putting her in any capacity. I think she needs to be out there. … It’s high time somebody took a chance and did it and so I’m really happy about that.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:44 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

PreviousNext

Return to Movie News