Hack/Slash, anyone?

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Hack/Slash, anyone?

Postby Peven on Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:24 am

"Source: ComingSoon.net February 22, 2006

Universal's genre arm, Rogue Pictures, has picked up feature film rights to horror comic book series, Hack/Slash, with music video helmer Todd Lincoln set to direct for producers Adrian Askarieh and Daniel Alter. Lincoln will script. Lincoln co-wrote Fox Searchlight's remake of The Fly, which Lincoln has also been developing as a directing vehicle. Howard Sun is onboard as a co-producer.

Hack/Slash, created by Tim Seeley and Stefano Caselli, is a fan favorite sensation from Devil's Due Publishing, chronicling the adventures of Cassie Hack, a young woman who travels to small towns across the country hunting slashers in the vein of "Halloween"'s Michael Meyers, "Friday the 13th"'s Jason Vorhees, and A Nightmare on Elm Street"'s Freddy Kreuger."

ok, i am not familiar with the comics, but i figured some here would be and would have an opinion of whether or not it has potential of being a good flick.

perversely contrarian since 2005
    Peven
    Is This Real Life?

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:28 am

well - i'm not familiar with the comic in itself - but if done right - by the premise - it sounds like it could be some good violent mindless fun - and will probably really depend on who they cast as a lead...

the main page also has a bit about it here
    havocSchultz
    is full of stars...

Postby so sorry on Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:35 am

On topic: read the main page article... wasn't very informative about what angle the comic comes from (humourous? just brutal? what?) so i'll reserve judgement until some of the comic book guys come along and tell me what the story arc is about (but my first reaction was a hardy 'meh')

Off topic: don't want the threadjack so early, but what the fuck they are remaking the remake of the FLY already????
    Jeebus....
    so sorry
    Deacon Blues

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:40 am

so sorry wrote:Off topic: don't want the threadjack so early, but what the fuck they are remaking the remake of the FLY already????
    Jeebus....

ya - but apparentely in this one - you'll get to see The Fly actually fly...
    and i don't see how anyone can imrove on croenenberg/goldblum... but - what can you do...

[/continued threadjack over]
    havocSchultz
    is full of stars...

Hack/Slash vs Eve

Postby TheButcher on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:46 pm

An MTV EXCLUSIVE: ‘Hack/Slash’ Creator Says ‘Everything Is Cool’ With ‘Eve’ Franchise Similarities

From Variety:

DAVE MCNARY wrote:Indie banner Ratio Pictures is set to produce "Eve," the story of a woman who tracks down and kills supernatural serial killers.

Brian Metcalf, Karoline Kautz and Elaine Hendrix will produce with Hugh Edwards exec producing.

Hendrix will also star along with Jordan Matthews. The script was penned and will be directed by Metcalf with principal photography scheduled to start next year.

Metcalf recently produced, directed and wrote "Fading of the Cries," a supernatural action feature about a young man who must protect a teenage girl and a magic necklace from demonic forces. "Fading," which is in post-production, stars Brad Dourif, Thomas Ian Nicholas, Mackenzie Rosman, Hallee Hirsh and Jessica Morris along with Hendrix and Matthews.
    TheButcher
    ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Hack/Slash anyone?

Postby papalazeru on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:34 am

Damn! I thought this threads was about Golden Axe the film.
    Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
    So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
    Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
    DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
    papalazeru
    Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Re: Hack/Slash anyone?

Postby BuckyO'harre on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:58 pm

Stephen Susco Penning 'Hack/Slash' Adaptation

It has been one long road to getting Cassie Hack on the big screen, but hey, we're getting close! With Fredrik Bond attached to direct, Relativity has tapped Stephen Susco to pen the latest draft of the live-action adaptation of Hack/Slash, a film that should kick off a brand new franchise. The comic centers on Cassie Hack, a woman who symbolizes the lone girl who survives at the end of every horror movie. Hack not only survived, she has become a killer of killers and travels to small towns across the country hunting slashers in the vein of Halloween's Michael Myers, Friday the 13th's Jason Voorhees and A Nightmare on Elm Street's Freddy Krueger. She is partnered on her journey with Vlad, a hulking companion who serves as her protector. Susco is also writing The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D for Twisted Pictures and The Butcherhouse Chronicles for Paramount Pictures and Platinum Dunes.
    BuckyO'harre
    AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Hack/Slash, anyone?

Postby Ribbons on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:16 am

The great Marcus Nispel is in talks to direct this film. So you know it's going to be good!

Borys Kit wrote:'Conan' Director Marcus Nispel Takes On Horror-Action Movie 'Hack/Slash' (Exclusive)

Nispel has directed recent remakes of 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' and 'Friday the 13th.'

Marcus Nispel, who directed last summer's Conan the Barbarian, has come aboard to helm Hack/Slash, Relativity’s adaptation of a horror-action comic book.

Alexandra Milchan, Adrian Askarieh and Daniel Alter are producing.

Hack/Slash, created by Tim Seeley and Stefano Caselli, centers on Cassie Hack, a woman who symbolizes the cliche of the lone girl who survives at the end of every horror movie. In this case, the girl not only survived but has become a killer of killers. Along with a hulking protector named Vlad, Hack travels across the country hunting slashers in the vein of Halloween's Michael Myers, Friday the 13th's Jason Voorhees and A Nightmare on Elm Street's Freddy Krueger. The project has seen several writers and directors come and go since it first was set up at Universal’s now-deceased genre division Rogue Pictures, which later was acquired by Relativity. Nispel briefly flirted with the project, which last had Fredrik Bond attached, but came back to it late last year.

Nispel is well known in the hacking-and-slashing business. On top of Conan, the commercials-turned-feature helmer directed the recent remakes of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday the 13th as well as a Viking movie titled Pathfinder.

The WME-repped director is also developing a horror movie called Blackmask.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/conan-marcus-nispel-hack-slash-281538

I mean, his slasher pictures haven't been bad, so maybe if he sticks to that genre he'll be able to crank out something decent. Plus, check out the guy's beard:

Ribbons
    SQUARE PEG

Return to Movie News