Did Dreyfuss really punch CHUD man Devin Faraci?

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Did Dreyfuss really punch CHUD man Devin Faraci?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:18 pm

Yes!
4
36%
No!
0
No votes
Yes but a little for a joke you see!
7
64%
 
Total votes : 11

Did Dreyfuss really punch CHUD man Devin Faraci?

Postby thx777b on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:18 pm

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=4405

You see I never understood what happened in that article, call me stupid! Did Dreyfuss really hit Devin or not?
Andrew Kyriacou
My Daily Diary Dyslexic Movie Blog:
http://thx777b.googlepages.com/home
No-Budget Productions:
www.NBProductions.org
thx777b
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:17 am
Location: Cyprus

Postby thx777b on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:20 pm

Anyway here is the first teaser poster for POSEIDON:
http://chud.com/nextraimages/POSEIDON_Tsr-One-Sht2.jpg
What do you think? I my self feel a little dizzy (and I have worked on a container ship!)...

Edit: Fixed your Link - JL
Andrew Kyriacou
My Daily Diary Dyslexic Movie Blog:
http://thx777b.googlepages.com/home
No-Budget Productions:
www.NBProductions.org
thx777b
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:17 am
Location: Cyprus

Postby John-Locke on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:24 pm

<Shudder>

It's been a long time since I went over to CHUD, please try no to link us over there, that place creeps me out, it's devoid of a soul or something.
Image
User avatar
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER
 
Posts: 12365
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:49 am
Location: Unknown

Postby thx777b on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:27 pm

You have to admit sometimes they have good articles like the one about LOST PARADISE a week or so ago. Thanks for the Link fix by the way mate.
Andrew Kyriacou
My Daily Diary Dyslexic Movie Blog:
http://thx777b.googlepages.com/home
No-Budget Productions:
www.NBProductions.org
thx777b
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:17 am
Location: Cyprus

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:30 pm

That was the weirdest interview I've ever read, what the hell was up with Dreyfuss?
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:33 pm

He forgot to take his anti-smartass pills?
User avatar
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Samonkey Island

Postby tapehead on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:34 pm

my impression is Dreyfuss mighta just play-smacked him for laughs
my next impression is that dreyfuss is sligtly eccentric, and it's the interviewer's first day out with sophisticated adults
User avatar
tapehead
BALLS!!!
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:13 pm
Location: OZ

Postby The Garbage Man on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:38 pm

Did Dreyfuss really punch Faraci?

God, I hope so. That man is a douche of the highest order.
User avatar
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:27 pm
Location: The Big Blue Velour Marble

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:42 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:Did Dreyfuss really punch Faraci?

God, I hope so. That man is a douche of the highest order.


Someone tell me who this Devin is, and please don't just say "A chud reviewer" you smart alec biothces. :D
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Postby thx777b on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:50 pm

Faraci is one of the top-3 writing CHUD.com people. What else you want to know? I surely don't know the size of his pants thats for sure...
Andrew Kyriacou
My Daily Diary Dyslexic Movie Blog:
http://thx777b.googlepages.com/home
No-Budget Productions:
www.NBProductions.org
thx777b
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:17 am
Location: Cyprus

Postby tapehead on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:53 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:Did Dreyfuss really punch Faraci?

God, I hope so. That man is a douche of the highest order.


If you don't mind me asking, how come is he such a big time douche?
User avatar
tapehead
BALLS!!!
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:13 pm
Location: OZ

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:54 pm

thx777b wrote:Faraci is one of the top-3 writing CHUD.com people. What else you want to know? I surely don't know the size of his pants thats for sure...


Haha, no I just wanted to know why he is an asshole.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:06 pm

thx777b wrote:Did Dreyfuss really punch CHUD man Devin Faraci?


Yeah I am going to have to go with yes.
User avatar
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Samonkey Island

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:44 pm

That poster is sweet!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12107
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Postby The Garbage Man on Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:07 pm

tapehead wrote:If you don't mind me asking, how come is he such a big time douche?


TonyWilson wrote:
thx777b wrote:Faraci is one of the top-3 writing CHUD.com people. What else you want to know? I surely don't know the size of his pants thats for sure...


Haha, no I just wanted to know why he is an asshole.


You'd think I would have learned my lesson about the Zone being public and openly accessible now, but as it turns out, not so much.

In the interest of not making too big of a mess again, let me just say this:
Faraci appears to be a very opinionated individual. I have no problem with that.
I do, however, have a problem with people who form their opinions less on the actual merits of a thing and more so on their need to always disagree with popular opinion, and who then use the subsequent criticism of their opinions as an excuse to claim martyrdom and generally act like a cockweasel.
User avatar
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:27 pm
Location: The Big Blue Velour Marble

Postby tapehead on Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:21 pm

hey, it's just the intraweb, and I've noticed you can't hang about here for long without some major douche action flying about
User avatar
tapehead
BALLS!!!
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:13 pm
Location: OZ

Postby The Garbage Man on Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:24 pm

Especially when some Cyclops deutchbag keeps blowing up boxes of douches...






:D j/k, Whedon.
User avatar
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:27 pm
Location: The Big Blue Velour Marble

Postby tapehead on Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:27 pm

hehehe



... cockweasel
User avatar
tapehead
BALLS!!!
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:13 pm
Location: OZ

Postby Adam Balm on Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:53 pm

Faraci's alright. At least he's not as bad as that fucktard at CHUD who gave Fantastic Four a better review than Batman Begins..
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby monorail77 on Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:03 pm

Weird interview. Dreyfuss is wacked. But, really made me want to see the movie.
"All we have is language; that's the one tool that enables us to grasp hold of our lives and transcend our fate by understanding it."
-Harlan Ellison

Image
User avatar
monorail77
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1327
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:14 pm
Location: Location, Location

Postby thx777b on Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:02 pm

big time douche this big time douche that!
heehe when Faraci writes an autobiography in the near future he should call it "BIG TIME DOUCHE: the man behind the legend!"
Anyway personaly i like the guys over CHUD, occasionaly...
Andrew Kyriacou
My Daily Diary Dyslexic Movie Blog:
http://thx777b.googlepages.com/home
No-Budget Productions:
www.NBProductions.org
thx777b
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:17 am
Location: Cyprus

Postby The Garbage Man on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:09 pm

Adam Balm wrote:Faraci's alright. At least he's not as bad as that fucktard at CHUD who gave Fantastic Four a better review than Batman Begins..


IRONYILASH! Nice one, Adam.
User avatar
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:27 pm
Location: The Big Blue Velour Marble

Postby thx777b on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:11 pm

Dude is your avatar from WATCHMEN? cool!:)
Andrew Kyriacou
My Daily Diary Dyslexic Movie Blog:
http://thx777b.googlepages.com/home
No-Budget Productions:
www.NBProductions.org
thx777b
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:17 am
Location: Cyprus

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:17 pm

Why is it exactly that we have no Watchmen thread?
User avatar
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Samonkey Island

Postby thx777b on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:19 pm

Lets make one then! WHO EVER DOES IT FIRST WINS A LOLLYPOP! GO!
Andrew Kyriacou
My Daily Diary Dyslexic Movie Blog:
http://thx777b.googlepages.com/home
No-Budget Productions:
www.NBProductions.org
thx777b
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:17 am
Location: Cyprus

Postby The Garbage Man on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:23 pm

thx777b wrote:Dude is your avatar from WATCHMEN? cool!:)


It was originally a poster for Airwolf, but I added Rorschach and Dr. Manhattan. Glad you like it!
User avatar
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:27 pm
Location: The Big Blue Velour Marble

Postby thx777b on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:25 pm

I think it's super cool mate being a big fan of WATCHMEN and all. If you are one too then head over at my WATCHMEN thread and lets make it popular!
Andrew Kyriacou
My Daily Diary Dyslexic Movie Blog:
http://thx777b.googlepages.com/home
No-Budget Productions:
www.NBProductions.org
thx777b
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:17 am
Location: Cyprus

Re: Did Dreyfuss really punch CHUD man Devin Faraci?

Postby Theta on Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:02 pm

thx777b wrote:http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=4405

You see I never understood what happened in that article, call me stupid! Did Dreyfuss really hit Devin or not?


Wouldn't you?
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
User avatar
Theta
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2343
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:57 am
Location: Boston, MA

Postby Adam Balm on Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:08 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:
Adam Balm wrote:Faraci's alright. At least he's not as bad as that fucktard at CHUD who gave Fantastic Four a better review than Batman Begins..


IRONYILASH! Nice one, Adam.


I was hoping someone would catch that...
Image
User avatar
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: factored in this happening when it has happened

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:24 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:Especially when some Cyclops deutchbag keeps blowing up boxes of douches...

Just saw this. Thought it deserved a proper...

ImageImageImage

ZZZZZZZZZZACKT--DOUCHE!!!

Go wash yourself off. You're covered in feminine product. Douche.
User avatar
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby thx777b on Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:42 am

hehehehehe
This reminds me of the first chapter in MONKEY ISLAND 3!
Andrew Kyriacou
My Daily Diary Dyslexic Movie Blog:
http://thx777b.googlepages.com/home
No-Budget Productions:
www.NBProductions.org
thx777b
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:17 am
Location: Cyprus

Postby The Garbage Man on Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:05 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
The Garbage Man wrote:Especially when some Cyclops deutchbag keeps blowing up boxes of douches...

Just saw this. Thought it deserved a proper...

ImageImageImage

ZZZZZZZZZZACKT--DOUCHE!!!

Go wash yourself off. You're covered in feminine product. Douche.


IPAMPILASH.

I guess it's better than being covered in your product, as per usual.
User avatar
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:27 pm
Location: The Big Blue Velour Marble

Postby DorkmanScott on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:05 pm

At least Dreyfus didn't do his

<walkie-talkie voice>The shark's not working. Repeat, the shark is not working.</walkie talkie>

schtick. I swear that was like all he'd say in interviews since 2000 or so.

All of that does sound like the kind of shit Dreyfus would say, though. He's a wackjob.

Although the last exchange is funny shit:

Devin: Will it have a similar ending? Will it end with you punching me?

Dreyfuss: There’s only the one story, as Aristotle said.
DorkmanScott
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:15 pm

CHUD vs FirstShowing

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:04 am

From CanMag:
Devin Faraci (Chud) vs Alex Billington (FirstShowing)
Ryan Parsons wrote:It's Sunday, which means we're either reporting on the box office, new media, or offbeat news. How about we kick things off with offbeat news?

What sort of offbeat news you ask? How about a blogger/jouralist (or whatever the heck the appropriate title is nowadays) feud between two big film blogs?

Ding. Ding. Ding! Let's get ready to rumble.

Devin Faraci (Chud) vs Alex Billington (FirstShowing)
Blogger feuds are nothing new, but Sundance ended with one caught on video tape. Thanks to Peter Sciretta of /film, fans of the popular film blogs FirstShowing and Chud now get to see what goes on er, behind the scenes. To add some icing on the cake, the feud filmed also owes some credit to the mass consumption of alcohol. So - What went down?

It turns out that Devin of Chud does not like Alex Billington of FirstShowing. In his words, Alex is not educated enough to be informing/entertaining the masses of readers who get their film news from online sources. The two finally confront one another (on tape), and Devin comes off looking like more of the jerk here. But I should note that, if you haven't met or talked to these guys, the video is a horrid first impression for both of them. Remember, mass consumption of alcohol has taken place before the video camera ever turned on.

Just to give my own take on these two journalists before sending you off to see this video, here is what I know of these guys.

While the rumors I've heard about Alex claim he's (in so many words), "shady as a mofo," I've met him once in person and had a great time with him down at the Wrath of Con party. Down to earth and overall excited about film. His excitement carries over into his articles. The rumors I've heard about Devin is that he can be a bit pretentious. Once again, I have not seen that at all. Though I've never met him in person, I've had enough correspondence to conclude he's shown no sign of that to me.

So, when you watch these videos, remember that you are basically watching arguments that can occur when alcohol gets thrown in. You would be ill-informed if you judged either Alex and Devin from these videos alone.
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: CHUD vs FirstShowing

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:29 am

TheButcher wrote:From CanMag:
Devin Faraci (Chud) vs Alex Billington (FirstShowing)
Ryan Parsons wrote:It's Sunday, which means we're either reporting on the box office, new media, or offbeat news. How about we kick things off with offbeat news?

What sort of offbeat news you ask? How about a blogger/jouralist (or whatever the heck the appropriate title is nowadays) feud between two big film blogs?

Ding. Ding. Ding! Let's get ready to rumble.

Devin Faraci (Chud) vs Alex Billington (FirstShowing)
Blogger feuds are nothing new, but Sundance ended with one caught on video tape. Thanks to Peter Sciretta of /film, fans of the popular film blogs FirstShowing and Chud now get to see what goes on er, behind the scenes. To add some icing on the cake, the feud filmed also owes some credit to the mass consumption of alcohol. So - What went down?

It turns out that Devin of Chud does not like Alex Billington of FirstShowing. In his words, Alex is not educated enough to be informing/entertaining the masses of readers who get their film news from online sources. The two finally confront one another (on tape), and
Devin comes off looking like more of the jerk here. But I should note that, if you haven't met or talked to these guys, the video is a horrid first impression for both of them. Remember, mass consumption of alcohol has taken place before the video camera ever turned on.

Just to give my own take on these two journalists before sending you off to see this video, here is what I know of these guys.

While the rumors I've heard about Alex claim he's (in so many words), "shady as a mofo," I've met him once in person and had a great time with him down at the Wrath of Con party. Down to earth and overall excited about film. His excitement carries over into his articles. The rumors I've heard about Devin is that he can be a bit pretentious. Once again, I have not seen that at all. Though I've never met him in person, I've had enough correspondence to conclude he's shown no sign of that to me.

So, when you watch these videos, remember that you are basically watching arguments that can occur when alcohol gets thrown in. You would be ill-informed if you judged either Alex and Devin from these videos alone.


But that's unpossible...!
I never would've expected it...
User avatar
havocSchultz
is full of stars...
 
Posts: 15695
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 am
Location: living amongst a hazy nothing...

Re: Did Dreyfuss really punch CHUD man Devin Faraci?

Postby Ribbons on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:32 am

I wonder what devinchud's take on all this is...
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13812
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Re: Badass Digest man Devin Faraci

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:47 am

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage


Return to Movie News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests