The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby tfactor on Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:45 am

MOD EDIT: Okay, we're going with tfactor's idea here and leaving this as the main trailer thread. Let's try to post trailers in here for movies that perhaps won't elicit enough conversation to warrant their own thread. If they DO, we can always split them off into their own, but this is a nice way to limit the number of 2-post threads we have rattling around. --MW

Man of the Year

If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times, I enjoy something that makes me laugh first thing in the morning. Robin Williams as the president, good lord, I truly hope this is not a some sort of prediction of what is to come. Actually come to think of it ...

Anyway I was thinking or starting a MOVIE TRAILER ONLY thread, this way everytime I see something new I don't have to create a new thread, anyone think this is a good idea or should I keep adding new threads? Obviously once something is released a new "review" thread can be created or even start one up before it comes out if there is interest in talking about the movie but otherwise should we have one general location for trailers?

what do you guys think?
Last edited by tfactor on Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby The Vicar on Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:06 am

It would help keep things organized...no need for a prolonged turd hunt just to locate that special trailer you've been waiting to see.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Peven on Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:25 am

technically, isn't a thread for a particular movie the place to post a link for its trailer? then again, i don't have anything against a thread dedicated just to trailers either. :)

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:07 pm

Them new threads for previews don't matter to me none... but I can see what you're saying about clutter forming. Maybe it wouldn't be the worst idea to create a New Movie Trailer thread for people to use at their own discretion.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby papalazeru on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:13 pm

yeah....no-one Factored in the T.

This trailer looks awesome. I'm a big fan fo Robin Williams as he's one fo the funniest comedians in history and he doesnt have to make vulgar references all the time, hes great for kids and adults.

I'll be watching this.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby The Vicar on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:21 pm

Okay, which one of you wankers voted for "getting the hose again"?

I do not think it means what you think it means.....
The Vicar

Postby tfactor on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:22 pm

papa did you vote for "it puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again"?

lol

yeah I'm kinda on the fence with this issue, on the one hand it would put everything in one place but on the other hand it could end up being a huge cluster fuck, depending upon who comments or wants to talk about it.

decisions decisions

I think I'll hold off and let some more people post their thoughts
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:48 pm

I love me some Barry Levinson, so I'm really digging the Man of the Year trailer.

T, I'm down with having one trailer thread where you can put stuff like this. If anything branches off into a big discussion, we can split it off into its own thread, but for the movies where it's just like, "Hey, take a look at this"--this is a good idea.
I'll change the title and make a note in your first post.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:55 pm

I put the lotion on my skin and I still got the hose again...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby The Vicar on Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:03 pm

havocSchultz wrote:I put the lotion on my skin and I still got the hose again...

Please phrase your statement in the form of a complaint....

( gorram Alex Trebek....)
The Vicar

Postby tfactor on Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:04 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA whedon you bastard!

"tfactor's trailer park"!?!??!?!

I'll see you in hell pal
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:30 pm

The Vicar wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:I put the lotion on my skin and I still got the hose again...

I put the lotion on my skin and I still got Vicar's hose again...

Better...?
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:34 pm

Can we put the baseball bat in here? I would like it out of he way. Great idea for the little movies, but that one looks really good. Like a funnier version of Bulworth
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby papalazeru on Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:41 pm

I just voted for the lotion too

*gets naked*
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby John-Locke on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:02 pm

How are we to know if someone is posting a link to a new trailer (which I am always interested in) or if someone is simply making a comment about an old trailer (Which I might be interested in only it's not high on my list of priorities) ???

Hmmmmm?

I was against one thread for all trailers before and I still am, I'm willing to give it a shot though, if us Mods and TrailerFactor are the only ones who post trailer links and we always edit the thread name with details then it would be more successful I reckon.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:07 pm

John-Locke wrote:How are we to know if someone is posting a link to a new trailer (which I am always interested in) or if someone is simply making a comment about an old trailer (Which I might be interested in only it's not high on my list of priorities) ???

Hmmmmm?

I was against one thread for all trailers before and I still am, I'm willing to give it a shot though, if us Mods and TrailerFactor are the only ones who post trailer links and we always edit the thread name with details then it would be more successful I reckon.

We'll just have to watch it. If it gets out of hand or doesn't work for whatever reason, we'll end it and go back to new threads.

...you cocktard.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby John-Locke on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:09 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
John-Locke wrote:How are we to know if someone is posting a link to a new trailer (which I am always interested in) or if someone is simply making a comment about an old trailer (Which I might be interested in only it's not high on my list of priorities) ???

Hmmmmm?

We'll just have to watch it. If it gets out of hand or doesn't work for whatever reason, we'll end it and go back to new threads.

...you cocktard.

Well at least I'm not ginger,

:twisted:
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:12 pm

John-Locke wrote:Well at least I'm not ginger,

:twisted:

:cry:

But-but-but...
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby tfactor on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:35 pm

um yeah JL, just so you know I do live in a house, not a trailer. I'm letting the title of this thread slide for now because I thought it was kinda funny, but don't think you can start calling me trailerfactor. Ours is a very respectable neighborhood and so what if we happen to live in an state that has lots of trailer parks, that does not mean we live in one.

not that there is anything wrong with that.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby John-Locke on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:40 pm

Trev if I was taking the piss I would have called you Trailerpark Factor, I was merely commenting on the fact that you are the one who always posts links to trailers.

We call them caravans over here anyway so the word Trailer doesn't have the same connotations, I'm very suprised you thought I was taking a dig at you.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby tfactor on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:10 pm

I don't think you were taking a dig necessarily, I'm just trying to avoid a potentially horrible sounding nickname.

alright good ... wait caravans? You call mobile homes; caravans? So then what do you call these?

tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby John-Locke on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:13 pm

People carriers or MPV's
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:34 pm

tfactor wrote:I don't think you were taking a dig necessarily, I'm just trying to avoid a potentially horrible sounding nickname.

alright good ... wait caravans? You call mobile homes; caravans? So then what do you call these?

MILF transporters
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:19 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
tfactor wrote:I don't think you were taking a dig necessarily, I'm just trying to avoid a potentially horrible sounding nickname.

MILF transporters

A waste of money...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:21 pm

havocSchultz wrote:

MILF transporters

A waste of money...

The MILF or the transport?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby tfactor on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:41 pm

Driving Lessons trailer - Well I can't honestly say I have any interest in this movie, but I figured it was note worthy since it is Weasley's first non-potter movie

Also Calvaire - "what's the worst that could happen?" besides of course not getting "the movie guy" to narrate your trailer? Well you could get stuck in a house with lots of crazy people, who all dance the same horrible way - I suppose that'd be worse wouldn't it?
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:44 pm

havocSchultz wrote:

MILF transporters

A waste of money...

The MILF or the transport?

Both...

But the MILF does have a better warranty...
And she handles better once you've rotated her tires...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby The Vicar on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:45 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
The Vicar wrote:

I put the lotion on my skin and I still got Vicar's hose again...

Better...?

Um.
Ah.
Not sure.

frakking Diner......
The Vicar

Postby Ribbons on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:50 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:53 pm

tfactor wrote:I'm glad to see a different kind of role for William H Macy

Different kind of role....Hmmm
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:55 pm

WHAT?!!

I JUST FUCKING SAW THAT MOVIE TWO WEEKS AGO AND THEY'RE REMAKING IT ALREADY?!!

Sometimes I don't understand this world...
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby tfactor on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:57 pm

Wait is this the same thing as Capote from last year? Why make the same movie twice? or I suppose the real question would be who's the better actor; Phillip Seymour Hoffman or Toby Jones?
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby John-Locke on Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:27 pm

They were both made around the same time, (This one may have even gone into production first if memory serves correctly) this one has been sitting on the shelf to give it a little distance from the Hoffman version.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:07 pm

Another Capote movie? Why?
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby tfactor on Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:33 pm

bump, can someone please tell me what this trailer looks like? Is it not working for everyone or what?
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:48 pm

It's too soon!!

Really though it kinda looks interesting...

Prolly rent it.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:57 am

capital idea.

The Pusher Trilogy, which hopefully may be coming to a theater near you at some point.

Caught #1 years ago, loved it (a lot!) but haven't bothered to suss out either *cough* torrenting *cough* or acquiring an import of the final 2/3rds.

I'm guessing there may be a big 'ol DVD release soon (least for us in the States, I'm thinking you Brits 'prolly have this by now (and if so, where are the reviews you lazy fucks?)), but alas, no word as of when.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:05 am

The Banquet.

Visually, stunning.

Having Yuen Woo-Ping onboard is always a plus.

I love Hamlet, or variations of it.

But I dunno, after the 3rd trimester abortion that was "The Promise", I may need a break from the slo-mo-wire-fu genre for a while.

Intrigued, but...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:27 pm

See this is the problem this is way to much to watch right now, but I've set a reminder to ketchup on these trailers you've posted soon. Unfortunately because the zone was down today I made about 897,213 phone calls today so I imagine I'll be up to my neck in return calls tomorrow and shit, but soon

I shall return

Thanks for the contribution KC! I appreciate the support, though tbh it looks like some of these clearly deserve there own threads as they sound interesting, and I'm realizing having trailers in one place is a good thing at times but tracking which page has what trailers once this gets to be several pages long is going to be silly. Plus as Locke pointed out most of us use the view posts since last visit feature and seeing the existing thread isn't nearly as effective as seeing :
"NEW MOVIE NAME - trailer" as a thread name, and personally I'm all about the trailers, thus why I contribute so many and keep an eye open for them. So I'm ok with 86ing this idea.

I suggest maybe the new mods put their collective heads together on this, as newly appointed magic conjurers and make an executive decision whether this is working out or not. I'm siked with the new additions to the team, so I'm curious to see what you choose and like I said I'm cool either way.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:32 pm

tfactor wrote:though tbh it looks like some of these clearly deserve there own threads

if a healthy dose of discussion develops from any one particular film, we can split the thread.

tfactor wrote:seeing the existing thread isn't nearly as effective as seeing :
"NEW MOVIE NAME - trailer" as a thread name, and personally I'm all about the trailers, thus why I contribute so many and keep an eye open for them.

good point.

tfactor wrote:I suggest maybe the new mods put their collective heads together on this, as newly appointed magic conjurers and make an executive decision whether this is working out or not.

FUCK THEM!
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:39 pm

HAHAHAHHAHA hahahahahaha

this is only the begining isn't it? I'm suddenly very much looking forward to whats to come
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Vegeta on Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:54 pm

I like lotion...

*rubba-a-rub-rub, Vegeta's gotta a tub* :shock: :? :oops:

Sorry, just doing a Chilli imatation :wink:
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:00 am

Under Our Skin, killer bug movie! And its a documentary! OK, so maybe I used a little too much hyperbole for a doc about Lyme disease but I had no idea it was as widespread as they say. I'm really curious about it now.

Is it possible to start trailer posts as a thread unto themselves and then fold them into this thread after a set period of time, or is that a lot of effort for a giant headache?
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:23 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Is it possible to start trailer posts as a thread unto themselves and then fold them into this thread after a set period of time, or is that a lot of effort for a giant headache?

'tis impossible!

we can't merge threads, only split them...
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:46 am

As some of you may know I lived in CT for most of my life, which happens to be where Lymes was discovered. A few years ago I had gotten into a bad car accident, and a few days later my whole back, my neck and my head starting really bothering me (serious pain) and I generally felt like shit. I thought it was possibly a delayed result of the car accident but when I went to the doctor and he lifted up my shirt I actually felt him be startled and he said instantly "you have lymes disease" one of the big indicators is the ring effect the bites often have, where a red circle will start growing around the bitten area and continue to get larger.

I found this picture to give you an idea
but my bite didn't look like these, I had a ring on my back to the right of my spine that was about 8 inches wide, though the inside of the ring had little discoloration the ring inself (maybe a half inch thick circle) was a dark red.

Anyway long story short, yes it is a serious thing, however it mostly depends on when the diagnoses happens, mine was caught early but had I not gone to the doctor and instead let it ride for a week I could have some of the permanent results some of the people in this video clearly have.

I also have an aunt who is very ill from multiple things, and she was denied a liver transplant and one of the reasons was her Lymes. Because unfortunately you can relaps and become ill years after you've been bitten.

But this movie is fucking stupid, I was born and raised where Lymes was originally discovered and there is certainly no limit to peoples knowledge of this fact in this area. Hundreds of people flood doctors offices every year with little plastic bags holding any tick they find in their back yards, so this paranoia is not helping the cause and this movie promotes being paranoid!

I feel like this movie was trying to be like An Inconvenient Truth but this is so much smaller a scale. Besides the fact that Antibiotics are often the cure of the symptoms if you catch them early enough - I know because after a week of antibiotics I was back to feeling normal and (knock on wood) hope to never relaps. The only point I see to this movie is to get help for those who suffer from permanent damages, but all this horseshit about sewing doctors, is only going to cause more assholes to jump on that bandwagon and make the medical field even more filled with problems.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby tfactor on Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:37 am

49 Up

this looks kinda odd, and this is a first of its kind for me anyway. A documentary 49 years in the making about a bunch of people who were interviewed as children and then every 7 years to see where their lives actually took them vs what they aspired to be when they were young.

actually it seems kinda cruel tbh, but I'm curious to see what other footage this guy includes in the movie. I mean you have these couple people who's lives M. Apted has documented right but it certainly doesn't seem he's focusing on the positive aspect of life, so who knows, it could go either way for me depending on how this was done and more importantly how the ending is handled
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Flumm on Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:40 am

This is something that has been on British TV in several year intervals for some time now, I think.

It actually carries a really big emotional punch in it's original format, I can't imagine them simmering it down to just a 2 hour movie, it removes so much of the pathos of the people involved.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:49 pm

School For Scoundrels

This looks stupid enough to actually be funny, alright I'm not going to even try to lie I was laughing my ass off at that paintball scene. Plus I hadn't seen the trailer yet, so i recommend you watch them in that order - paintball scene then the trailer

unless you've already seen the trailer, in which case never mind
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:26 pm

lots and lots and lots of trailers for the films playing at the TIFF

Miike, Kim Ki-Duk, J.C Mitchell, T. Field, Pen-ek Ratanaruang, Dumont, Johnnie To. Plus, some older films, like La Haine, Velvet Goldmine...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, TIFF is the best film festival in the world.

So, so wanna go, just once...
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:50 am

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Next

Return to Movie News