The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby so sorry on Thu May 09, 2019 1:52 pm

caruso_stalker217 wrote:The film can shit directly into my eyes and I'll still find an excuse to love it probably.

Unless it actually is shit.

Either way, I don't really need to see anything for this. Just take my money.



Sonic the Hedgehog????
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15655
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Fri May 10, 2019 10:22 am

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Image
User avatar
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY
 
Posts: 9898
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Oregon, US of A

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Does anyone care? Do I care?



My first issue here is the cinematography. Like they shot the film through a bowl of soup.
Image
User avatar
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY
 
Posts: 9898
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Oregon, US of A

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:09 am



looks alright to me. you never can tell with trailers. they're definitely playing up the shining connection, that's for sure. as you'd expect i suppose.
so where's the psychic cat?
wonder how they'll handle THAT cameo. or if they'll just ditch it completely.
btw, the twist ending is that this film isn't actually a sequel to The Shining... it's a sequel to Ready Player One.

NOS4A2 (by steve king jr.) is on AMC right now. those two books had a minor connection between them. it'd be funny if the adaptations did also.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 19172
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby so sorry on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:36 am

caruso_stalker217 wrote:Does anyone care? Do I care?



My first issue here is the cinematography. Like they shot the film through a bowl of soup.



Slow burn trailer. Nice to see for once instead of POW ZIP BANG BWWWWWWAAAAAAAA PEW PEW!
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15655
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby Wolfpack on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:41 am

so sorry wrote:
caruso_stalker217 wrote:Does anyone care? Do I care?



My first issue here is the cinematography. Like they shot the film through a bowl of soup.



Slow burn trailer. Nice to see for once instead of POW ZIP BANG BWWWWWWAAAAAAAA PEW PEW!


They didn't even tell us to "GET....READY....FOR....THE....RIDE....OF....YOUR....LIFE!"
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
User avatar
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:48 am
Location: Asheville, NC

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:26 am

Wolfpack wrote:They didn't even tell us to "GET....READY....FOR....THE....RIDE....OF....YOUR....DEATH!"


ftfy
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 19172
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby so sorry on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:17 pm



This is EXACTLY how I remember this show!
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15655
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby Al Shut on Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:03 am

TheBaxter wrote: they're definitely playing up the shining connection, that's for sure. as you'd expect i suppose.


Sounds easier than trying to explain what the title is supposed to mean.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
User avatar
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: Oberhausen, Germany

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby Peven on Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:12 pm

meanwhile, there is this movie on the horizon, though I think it looks too smart to get much attention....

Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14650
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby so sorry on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:50 pm

Peven wrote:meanwhile, there is this movie on the horizon, though I think it looks too smart to get much attention....




Well it stars Brad Pitt, so its going to get more attention then it probably deserves. Looks like a mashup of the past few astronauts-in-peril-saving-the-world movies.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15655
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby Wolfpack on Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:45 pm

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:meanwhile, there is this movie on the horizon, though I think it looks too smart to get much attention....




Well it stars Brad Pitt, so its going to get more attention then it probably deserves. Looks like a mashup of the past few astronauts-in-peril-saving-the-world movies.


There were a few 'splosions. That might help a bit as well.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
User avatar
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:48 am
Location: Asheville, NC

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby Peven on Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:25 pm

right, a big star means money for brainy science fiction movies, 'cause look how good "Interstellar" did, right? Pitt is not box office bank by any means, I could list his movies that were released and went away quietly but I don't feel like typing that much right now. "2001" is a great movie and one that deals with both science fiction and existentialism but hardly one that joe average 'merican appreciated then or now. "Arrival" and "BladeRunner 2049" were absolutely fantastic films that were also very smart and mature and nuanced in their approach to existential subject material and neither threatened to break any box office records. this looks to have more Hollywood elements than "2001" but it also looks to deal with some heavy duty ideas and concepts as well, which means it will be doomed to make less than a movie like "The Martian", an adequate but completely Hollywood, contrived movie for the masses with simplistic moralizations, 5th grade level science concepts, and almost zero existential content of any depth.
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14650
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby Fievel on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:07 am

Peven wrote:...with simplistic moralizations, 5th grade level science concepts, and almost zero existential content of any depth.


Are we we talking about Trump soundbites or a typical Peven post? I think I deleted too much.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12145
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:44 am

Fievel wrote:
Peven wrote:...with simplistic moralizations, 5th grade level science concepts, and almost zero existential content of any depth.


Are we we talking about Trump soundbites or a typical Peven post? I think I deleted too much.


5th grade is a bit too advanced for Trump.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
User avatar
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:48 am
Location: Asheville, NC

Previous

Return to Movie News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests