The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Postby Peven on Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:19 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Peven wrote:what the hell is Christian Slater doing in a religious movie?? is he another alcoholic who has "seen the light"??? fuck, born agains are the fucking worst

Seconded. It's like Ex smokers who cough when someone lights up.

quit 5 years ago and couldn't care less whether someone smokes in the same room as me, and i hate those obnoxious "truth" anti-smoking commercials so much they almost make me want to go take up the habit again out of pure spite. <end threadjack>

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:47 pm

Deep space, at the edge of the galaxy. The future. A new prisoner arrives on top-security prison ship and psychiatric research unit Dante 01. Sole survivor of an encounter with an alien force beyond imagining, Saint Georges is a man possessed by inner demons, caught up in the battle to control the monstrous power within him. It’s a power that will infect the other highly dangerous occupants of Dante 01, [jailers] and prisoners alike, unleashing a violent rebellion that turns this terrifying, labyrinthine world upside down. In the otherworldly hell of the ship’s depths, through danger and redemption, each must journey to his very limits… each must confront his own Dragon. A unique science-fiction nightmare vision, Dante 01 is the long-awaited solo debut from the legendary co-creator of The City of Lost Children and Delicatessen.

Dante 01 trailer.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:01 pm

Cool to see Marc Caro in action, but will Dante 01 distinguish itself from simply being the French Solaris/Sunshine/Alien 3/Event Horizon?

I won't translate the entire trailer, but the gist of it is that the story, which takes place on some space station, is about radical medical experiments being performed on convicts. A man shows up, who is called "Kobai" (unless I misheard, and it's just "cowboy" as the French pronounce it...) and seems to stir up the other convicts on the space station (one convict refers to Wilson as a prophet).

Visually it looks splendid, and the Delicatessen/Cite des Enfants Perdus touch is definitely there, including the presence of Dominique Pinon, but I have to say the dialogue seems a little hokey...
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:11 pm

I was going to ask you to translate what you could, so thanks for that!

some of the visuals do look splendid (the exteriors), but the interior lighting looks a bit hokey.

got that Sunshine/Event Horizon vibe as well.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:18 pm

Oh yeah, the experiments themselves, as far as the trailer suggests, seem to be about regeneration/resurrection... so maybe we can toss in The Fountain for comparison as well, and some of the visuals in the trailer reminded me of The Fountain.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Al Shut on Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:44 am

This is Caro's first feature without Jeunet, right?

Interesting to see how he does all on his own.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby tapehead on Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:43 am

I think I spotted Dominique Pinon in there very briefly, who seems to turn up in most of Jeunet and Caro's respective films. It would seem there are a lot of references to Dante's Inferno in store for us (according to my translator). It looked more lie Alien 3 to me than anything else, and there's obviously some sort of resurrection them going on - the spacestation / prison looks like a crucifix in that last shot.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Dee E. Goppstober on Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:18 am

I thought I might as well try to snap out of my really-bad-hungover mood and do something at least half-way useful today.

It might not be a 100% - my French is not perfect - but here you go.

From your in-house translator truly :D

WOMAN NARRATOR:
They say that at the gates of hell it is written "those who enter here lose all hope". Yet it is there - among the pariah's and rejects that the true sense of my quest becomes apparent.

DIALOGUE:
WOMAN 1:"What made you come to this little chamber in the corners of hell?"
ASIAN BOLD CHICK: "I was sent here to experiment with new treatments on the prisoners - Who are kept alive under these conditions- playing lab rats."

CREEPY WOMAN DOCTOR:
I am opposed to the term 'lab rat'.

DIALOGUE BETWEEN PRISONER AND GUARD:
"Our new arrival".
"What is your name?"
"Vengeance"
"Who told you his name?"
"GOD told me".

WOMAN: "We don't know a lot about our newcomer -who came with you on the ship".
MAN: "This guy is an angel sent by god".

MAN: "I know the road to deliverance!".

MAN: "We are intervening!".

DIALOGUE - BETWEEN CREEPY WOMAN DOCTOR AND ASIAN CHICK:
"You knew"
"What?"
"That this is not an ordinary man."

MAN: "It is you who saved me- who are you, exactly?"

MAN: "[something, something-didnt get that] has sown disorder amongst us".

MAN: "If you ask me to eliminate him - I will do so."

WOMAN: "He has no lesions whatsoever!".

WOMAN: We're dealing with a resurrection.

[sweeping music]

MAN: "They are going to defragment us!!!" - [shouts something- a name?]
Dee E. Goppstober
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby tfactor on Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:03 pm

NOW CHECK THIS OUT:

The Air I breathe Trailer here! Starring Andy Garcia, Brandon Frasier, Kevin Bacon, forrest whitaker, Sarah michele Gellar

Could just be that I like all things supernatural or perhaps I want to see every Kevin Bacon movie in case I get into a heated "6 degrees of" game, but for whatever reason the trailer grabbed me, and I think this could be really good.
T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:49 pm

The Air I Breathe - despite its Air Supply-inspired name, looks interesting.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby tfactor on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:50 pm

Outlaw trailer here. Loves me some vigilante related movies ...
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby tfactor on Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:58 am

Inkheart trailer here. Brendan Fraser and the guy who played Gollum in LOTR star in this fantasy adventure.

The story has characteristics dangerously similiar to The Neverending Story but looks like it could have potential. From what I can tell this may even have a sequel in the works, or at least there is another book coming out which continues from the 1st book. I hope that doesn't mean this movie has some stupid 'leave you hanging' type ending. that would suck

Anyway ... enjoy!
T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Al Shut on Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:49 pm

The trailer and my computer have decided to team up and annoy me. (=can't watch). Does it look good?
I don't know about the movie but the book had no such ending, but it left me hanging wanting more.

But what I could gather from the stuttering inferno of nonmoving pictures I've seen instead of the trailer there seem to be some liberties taken.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby so sorry on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:20 pm

Al_Shut wrote:The trailer and my computer have decided to team up and annoy me. (=can't watch). Does it look good?
I don't know about the movie but the book had no such ending, but it left me hanging wanting more.

But what I could gather from the stuttering inferno of nonmoving pictures I've seen instead of the trailer there seem to be some liberties taken.

I got a Last Action Hero vibe, minus the over-the-top humor: Villian from a book comes to life in our world, and wreaks(sp?) Havoc, yadda yadda yadda.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Al Shut on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:25 pm

I wonder why they choosed to reveal what's going on right from the start. IN the book it was a mistery for the first half or so.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby tfactor on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:36 am

You Don't Mess With the Zohan trailer here, its a new Adam Sandler comedy about an expert middle eastern soldier who just wants to be a hair stylist .... excuse me I just thru up in my mouth a little :?

This trailer sucks for the 1st minute or so and I almost didn't make it all the way through. However I'm glad I waited ... I don't want to ruin it but there was a very funny part that had me lmao

I am certainly not going to go out of my way to see this but what can I say - I'm a sucker for anything that makes me laugh first thing in the morning.

btw the good lads over @ chud have a trailer for 10,000 BC in case you didn't see it. Looks freaking epic, it won't make you laugh but it might make you go "Ooooo" and possibly "Aaaaaa"

Will I supply a link for this other trailer? no. do these movie even belong in the same post together? probably not. do I care? absolutely not. :-P

enjoy
T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby unikrunk on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:17 am

re: Zohan; this looks to be the first funny movie from Sandler since Billy Madison.

"Was that your foot?"

"Smell it, smell it, now take it"

- made me PAMP
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:26 pm

The Zohan trailer made me laugh a lot more than I expected.

10,000 BC made me "oooh" and "ahhh" a lot more than I expected, too.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Crimson King on Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:04 am

Trailer for the new Will Ferrell comedy Semi-Pro.

Semi-Pro RED BAND Teaser Trailer
English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?!?
Crimson King
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby LaDracul on Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:22 pm

Step Up 2: The Streets

Shame on Will Kemp. He's done stuff like the Adventures in Motion Pictures ballets and "Equus", and he follows it up with crap like this. It's like Jessica Simpson following the London Symphony Orchestra.

I'm hoping that "William and Miguel" will see the light of day in the US after this train wreck...
Trailer en espanol

(And yes, the girl in that movie is ALSO from "Van Helsing".)
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:50 am

Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Fievel on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:53 am

I've seen the shark/laugh part several times and it still makes me laugh.

(I'm easily amused)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby LeFlambeur on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:22 am

Apple's got a trailer up for Van Sant's new film Paranoid Park. I've heard that this film is supposed to sort of continue the style of his "death trilogy" but it looks like there is a good deal more in the way of narrative.
LeFlambeur
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:49 am

LeFlambeur wrote:Apple's got a trailer up for Van Sant's new film Paranoid Park. I've heard that this film is supposed to sort of continue the style of his "death trilogy" but it looks like there is a good deal more in the way of narrative.

Looks interesting. The shots are excellent, but I just hope the acting is up to par. I loved Last Days.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Superhero Movie

you had me at superhero ... funny trailer here

enjoy
T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:19 pm

tfactor wrote:Superhero Movie

enjoy
T

:shock:

Hey stranger.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:31 pm

I almost IPAMPILASHed for real. I did cry.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:48 pm

I'm guessing things might get trailerific this Sunday, what with that big American Football game going on.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35470
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:49 pm

Fried Gold wrote:I'm guessing things might get trailerific this Sunday, what with that big American Football game going on.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35470

Yup! Can't wait. Even if the game ends up sucking I'll have the new Iron Man spot and maybe some other stuff to look forward to...
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby DennisMM on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:51 pm

I always forget to record the game so I can check out the cool ads. Need to do that this year.

Tony should probably put gloves on before he tests those palm repulsors. I really hope we get a good shot of the practical armor.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:47 pm

DennisMM wrote:I always forget to record the game so I can check out the cool ads. Need to do that this year.

Tony should probably put gloves on before he tests those palm repulsors. I really hope we get a good shot of the practical armor.

Gloves? What about the cars, man. Tony should not test his potentially super destructive equipment around a Lamborghini.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby DennisMM on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:49 pm

I considered that, too, but for Tony restoring a high-end car is like ordering lunch. The man buys planes because he's tired of driving and passes an airport.
DennisMM

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:57 pm

yeah, that's not even a Lamborghini. It's probably a "Ferarri", pfft.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby DennisMM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:53 am

It might even be a garage kit.

No, it's not.

In the post-Heroes Reborn period of the comic, Tony got a Prowler roadster. A woman wondered if it wasn't a bit ordinary for him. He told her SHIELD had made a few modifications, then he turned on the flight system. Oh, that Tony!
Last edited by DennisMM on Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
DennisMM

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:19 am

enjoy
T

I laughed once during the trailer, but it was a big laugh . . . gotta love Leslie Nielsen! :lol:
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby buster00 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:42 am

RogueScribner wrote:

enjoy
T

I laughed once during the trailer, but it was a big laugh . . . gotta love Leslie Nielsen! :lol:

Yikes. I'd rather watch that Venom movie they've been talking about.

Unintentionally funny trumps unintentionally unfunny. That's my experience, anyway.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:22 am

I'm not saying I'm eager to see the movie. Just saying that Leslie Nielsen made me laugh. :)
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:45 am

RogueScribner wrote:I'm not saying I'm eager to see the movie. Just saying that Leslie Nielsen made me laugh. :)

Rogue and Superhero Movie sitting in a tree...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:24 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:I'm not saying I'm eager to see the movie. Just saying that Leslie Nielsen made me laugh. :)

Rogue and Superhero Movie sitting in a tree...

The very last gag got a good laugh out of a me.

Of course an old lady in a wood chipper is always funny
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:48 pm

Lecko,
Howdy stranger, always a pleasure. Yes I'm been away too long, but there wasn't a day I didn't miss the awesomely awesomeness that is Teh Zone. Seeing all these great returning faces of old (not just you Dino ;) ) plus new faces that seem to fit right in. I'm certainly going to try to frequent my favorite forum more often inthe near future. Plus H@rry owes me $10 ... so I have to stay.
Thanks for the welcome back, now if I can just get AThena some free time to pop in - we can get the entire band back together. I promise it will be soon lads ... very soon!

Hope everyone has a productive day
-Trev
tfactor
KING SMARMY

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2

Postby TheButcher on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:07 pm

Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby John-Locke on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:15 pm

That looks Horrid, I liked the trailer I posted more
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:52 pm

I thought this was a joke. My logical part of my brain was saying, "No, they don't make sequels to crap like that." Then I remembered how illogical Hollywood is.

I thought it was going to be like those mash-ups where Shining is a comedy and Jaws is a love story and such.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby papalazeru on Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:41 pm

Just been on Apple and found this gem.

The visitor

It looks like a really interesting take on the odd couple forumula.

Me likey.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

The Movie Trailers 'R' Us Thread

Postby bastard_robo on Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:13 am

the next movie from the director of Dog Bite Dog

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ppf1Y54t9ro
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby DaleTremont on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:55 pm

Okay I was going to hold off posting the Toshiro post because of all you crazy av zealots riding my ass about tradition, but I just HAD to link to the TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY NSFW trailer for Bad Biology, the new film from Frank Henenlotter!

No seriously though DON'T WATCH if you're anywhere near anyone.

What the fuck. I don't even know what's going on here. Vagina Face totally freaked me out. I mean that wig was sooo 1997.

p.s. That's my damn av and I'm stickin' to it!

EDIT: Fantabulous idea, Dennis!
Last edited by DaleTremont on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby DennisMM on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:15 pm

That's different. Reminds me of From Beyond kicked up a level of intensity and dropped down several levels in production values. (Yes, I know Henenlotter didn't make From Beyond.)

I like your av. I wish it had said, "This is my TOSHIRO av!" but I can't have everything.
DennisMM

Postby DennisMM on Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:01 am

Now it says that, with a green light saber exclamation point. Wow. Dale, you're so cool.
DennisMM

Postby Fievel on Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:06 am

Meet Dave (formerly Starship Dave)

I... actually... laughed at an Eddie Murphy movie trailer!

...but I'll bet it's still crap.

Eddie - you need to be in a movie where you say things like "motherfucker".
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

The Movie Trailers 'R' Us Thread

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:01 pm

Hitler Kupt

THIS LOOKS FUCKING EXCELLENT!

I love a good russian spoof!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

PreviousNext

Return to Movie News