The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:56 pm

Well I do love me some Robert Downey Jr.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Peven on Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:07 pm

LaBeouf looks like he is developing some acting chops too. i wonder if the movie is played out chronologically or if it jumps back and forth in time. i dig the song that starts out the trailer too, i haven't that one since the 80's.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby MisterHurtz on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:13 pm

MisterHurtz
GLIB

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:26 pm

Right now I am having horrible Deja vu with the What are you doing RIGHT NOW thread...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Al Shut on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:35 pm

Probably of low interest to anyone who isn't familiar with the wonder that is the German Language.

Kleines Arschloch
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Ribbons on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:38 pm

Al_Shut wrote:Probably of low interest to anyone who isn't familiar with the wonder that is the German Language.

I've never heard of this Gur-Mon Language of which you speak. Is it some sort of food?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Al Shut on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:53 pm

Yeah it looks like this

Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:04 pm

Al_Shut wrote:Yeah it looks like this

I love word association type games.

"John Wayne Bobbit".
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:51 am

ok this is pretty damn funny but not in the HAHA it made me laugh with a good joke funny, more like a HAHA I can't believe someone was stupid enough to make this stupid fucking movie funny.

Bottom's Up

I shit you not:
Jason Mewes as a "hot shot" bartender, and Paris Hilton as a "rich girl with a heart of gold". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and direct to video no less :?

I'm a little embarrassed to bring you this news, but if I had to see it, then you do too :twisted:

on a side note wtf happened here? Is this just worst possible timing in the world or what? And what the hell, Mewes should have had some momentum coming off Clerks 2 ... or at least one would think. So I mean was the Paris kiss scene really worth throwing away any possible chance you might have of getting another job? seriously Mewes? poor bastard now he can't find work and has an STD :o
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby havocSchultz on Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:55 am

tfactor wrote: poor bastard now he can't find work and has an STD

He could find work as an STD...

Like Kirk...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby tfactor on Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:43 pm

We Are Marshall - trailer here

I was very surprised by this trailer, I won't pretend otherwise. Initially I thought this just another Sunday Night Lights or Rudy or whatever, and I can't help but think I've seen this previously but didn't pay attention because I assumed what the story was. However it seems this tale has a lot more depth than I had expected. The trailer might have given away a little too much of the movie for my personal taste but I thought it was effective and I'll certainly be checking this out.

enjoy
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby athenabodicea on Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:48 pm

35 more posts T....

Whoo hoo!!!!

Better get to working on that ;)
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Ribbons on Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:53 pm

tfactor wrote:We Are Marshall - trailer here

I was very surprised by this trailer, I won't pretend otherwise. Initially I thought this just another Sunday Night Lights or Rudy or whatever, and I can't help but think I've seen this previously but didn't pay attention because I assumed what the story was. However it seems this tale has a lot more depth than I had expected. The trailer might have given away a little too much of the movie for my personal taste but I thought it was effective and I'll certainly be checking this out.

enjoy

Yo trev, I was just about to post a link to that! Weeeeerd.

I'll say as a precursor that I think both Friday Night Lights and Rudy are pretty good movies, but I was skeptical of this flick, especially because I think I've overdosed on the recent glut of based-on-a-true-story sports fables. Also, it's directed by McG.

Having said that, the thing that I was surprised most by was how well-shot it looked. As a music video veteran maybe McG's aesthetic versatility shouldn't surprise me all that much, but after a career's worth of Sugar Ray videos and the Charlie's Angels franchise I tend to associate his lens with a sort of flat, uber-pop gloss. So... yeah. The story piqued my interest too. Even though I knew what the movie was about beforehand, I figured it would be equally, superficially "inspirational" (everybody died at the beginning of the film, but we won an NCAA Bowl, so everything's better! Yay!), only with the novelty of a true story in tow. Something that Matthew McConaughey's character said at the end of the trailer about how they were just trying to work back to a sense of normalcy makes me think that perhaps -- and perhaps incorrectly -- the movie has more than winning on its mind. Time will tell, I guess. But the trailer was a pleasant surprise.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby tfactor on Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:19 pm

Ribbons that's perfect, I love when stuff like that happens in the zone, mostly because it opens to the door to the common yet highly effective words: "great minds ...." :)

HOWEVER I wasn't sure who McG was so I looked him up and then I saw this if you scroll down a hair on Mr. McG's IMDB list you'll see something sure to make your childhood feel that much more raped! Seriously don't look, because honestly I wish I hadn't :evil:

anyway I couldn't agree with you more about this flick and all. Depending on the response from others here we may need to branch this off to its own thread. The whole trailer just had a great feeling too it and I hadn't thought about the look or visuals in detail until you mentioned it, rather I noticed how it felt or made me feel, which was pleasant. All the same, it looks not at all like any other sports movie thats been put out there recently and the change is certainly very nice.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby unikrunk on Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:36 pm

tfactor wrote:We Are Marshall - trailer here

enjoy

They have been filming this in my neighborhood; saw McConaughey driving a sweet vintage car by the Krog tunnel a month or so ago.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:06 pm

The Pursuit of Happyness

A new Will Smith film based on the life of Chris Gardner.

This is another trailer that caught me completely off-guard. Very different role than the ones Smith usually takes; seeing him so swagger-less and depressed was actually a bit of a shock for me, but it's a welcome change.

I'm a little uneasy about the story. Obviously it's mostly true, which is cool and all, but still, it's like... "never let life get you down! No matter how shitty your position, you can go out there and make the world your oyster! ....so long as you're smart enough to solve a Rubick's Cube in less than a minute. Umm... yay!" And at the same time, they try to universalize Gardner's experience. I don't really know how to feel about that.

The movie is also obviously making a comment on "the American Dream;" along with the title, you'll see an overt, lingering shot on the American flag in the trailer. Because of that, I'm interested in seeing how Italian director Gabriele Muccino approaches the material. As Americans, I think we all tend to have the same imagery and vocabulary on the idea inculcated into our lives at an early age, so seeing how it's filtered through a different perspective is always welcome. Does that... I don't know if I'm articulating that well. He's definitely got a great eye, in any case. It's a very pretty looking film.

So all in all, surprisingly good trailer. Though I still don't get why happiness is spelled with a 'y' in the title. This concept of "happyness" confuses and INFURIATES us!!!

EDIT: The kid in the movie is his real-life son, which I think was a good casting decision; it seems to have brought out the best in Smith as an actor.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:20 pm

tfactor wrote:HOWEVER I wasn't sure who McG was so I looked him up and then I saw this if you scroll down a hair on Mr. McG's IMDB list you'll see something sure to make your childhood feel that much more raped! Seriously don't look, because honestly I wish I hadn't :evil:

So are we talking about Revenge of the Nerds or Hot Wheels?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby tfactor on Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:38 pm

:x
:wink:
Last edited by tfactor on Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby tfactor on Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:20 am

The Other Side

OK I need some help sorting this one out, I was looking at Giovanni Ribisi's IMDB list and I noticed this which sounds pretty cool and has a cast I rather like.

However when I searched for a trailer I found only the one above which I think is this movie

IMDB on the Giovanni version wrote:A modern-day fairy tale that gives new meaning to the old notion: "Things aren't always what they seem." An otherworldly comedy carefully juxtaposing the touching and human with astonishing characters and irreverent humor, "The Other Side" takes place in a world that's bizarre and twisted - replacing conventional metaphors with elements of the surreal.

So do we really have 2 movies coming out wth the exact same title here or what? both of them sound or look pretty damn interesting but seriously won't this just confuse the hell out of movie goers?

Has anyone heard anything about either of these?

I thought this trailer was pretty damn cool and mysterious looking, it certainly seems like something I'd enjoy. However I wasn't even looking for this movie - I was looking for the other "The Other Side"

great now I'm confused, what day is it? Yaaarrrrr :D
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:22 pm

TWO MOVIES WITH THWE SAME TITLE??!? How could this happen? That is just strange.

There are you happy now?
Jk. That is strange
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby tfactor on Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:23 pm

WTF?

what happened to my post with the bobby trailer?

did someone delete one of my posts?

EDIT: btw thanks for the acknowledgement there bob, good to know people CAN actually see my posts. I don't know why I found it so interesting (the trailer I posted or the plot outline for the 2nd movie with the same name) but yeah I did kind of expect more of a reaction from the zoners. But I suppose it can't be sunshine and flowers all the time can it?
Last edited by tfactor on Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:45 pm

tfactor wrote:WTF?

what happened to my post with the bobby trailer?

did someone delete one of my posts?

Nope, it got its own thread, here.

I have no idea how it got there, but it's not gone...
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:34 pm

Has this been in here yet? Let's Go To Prison. I am glad to see that GOB from Arrested Development is getting work. And it looks like it could be a funny silly movie
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Ribbons on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:37 pm

"We find the defendant: quilty."
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:38 pm

Well sometimes they do look like Q's
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Peven on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:40 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Has this been in here yet? Let's Go To Prison. I am glad to see that GOB from Arrested Development is getting work. And it looks like it could be a funny silly movie

oh yeah. a guilty pleasure flick, with lines you know you will quote after seeing it.

"prepare to be woo-ed" :lol:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

The Last King of Scotland

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:52 am

THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND:

I have to watch anything Forest Whitaker does. His droopy eye lid is mesmorizing. It's getting a little hard keeping track of the individual trailers and comments on each, so if this was posted earlier on, my apologies.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby tfactor on Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:39 am

Code Name: The Cleaner

what can I say? this made me chuckle. Normally I'm not the chuckle type but it could very well be that I'm only on like 3 hours of sleep but "blambo" had me chuckling

I need a pop-tart
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby doglips on Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:52 am

I think it's the sleep depravation Trev, that trailer sucks.

Why do films like this get made?

Enjoy your pop tart!
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby tfactor on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:03 am

yeah you're probably right dog, I don't even think I've liked anything Cedric has been in so why I would like this movie I have no idea. I suppose its probably LL and having just enjoyed her role in Slevin, ... well that and blambo

We're out of pop tarts, so I went with eggos

upgrade!
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Peven on Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:59 am

There's something about Lucy Lui(sp?), without a doubt. i find her xtremely attractive and very easy to watch in any movie.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby tfactor on Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:02 am

Norbit - a new Eddie Murphy joint where he plays almost every actor in the movie. Including a 500lbs woman, take that martin lawrence. That water slide scene still has me laughing .. and vomiting at the same time hahaha buuulaaaaa hahaha buuulaaaahh

hey where do you think you're going? We're not done here mister

Deck The Halls Matthew Broderick & Danny DeVito (suprisingly not playing an elf) in this holiday movie about two men fighting it out to prove who has the most christmas cheer. This looks really cute, but you know me - I can't resist something that makes me laugh in the morning, especially on a FRIDAY MORNING! anyway hope you enjoy
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby John-Locke on Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:48 am

I clicked on both of those links with little (Norbit) to no (Deck The Halls) optimism.

Norbit actually looks pretty funny, hopefully this is a return to the more adult humour that made Eddie famous all those years ago. Kinda looks like The Jerk.

Deck the halls looks terrible but at the same time I think it might actually work, kinda like Christmas Vaction and unlike many other films of this ilk, if the chemistry is right (which it appears to be) then this could be good fun for the whole family which is what it's trying to be, nothing wrong with that. I'll watch it if it's on TV but I am not going to pay any money to see it.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby tfactor on Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:41 am

Keeping Mum trailer

Mums the word! :D

The only thing else I wanted to add was its sorta good to see Patrick Swayze acting again ... er um .. on something that isn't direct to DVD .. or something made for scifi ...

But I wonder what this movie would be like if it wasn't a "dark comedy"
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Peven on Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:45 am

tfactor wrote:Keeping Mum trailer

Mums the word! :D

The only thing else I wanted to add was its sorta good to see Patrick Swayze acting again ... er um .. on something that isn't direct to DVD .. or something made for scifi ...

But I wonder what this movie would be like if it wasn't a "dark comedy"

Patrick Swayze acting.................again? wouldn't that mean he had acted at some point before this???? i am unaware of such an occurance. :? :lol:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:10 am

You guys did not like Donnie Darko?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:15 am

Apparently not.

I never saw it. One day I guess.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby tfactor on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:28 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:You guys did not like Donnie Darko?

no but I did like The Outsider

and Point Break
:oops:
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby tfactor on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:47 am

Arthur and the Invisibles trailer

this looks really cute in a honey I shrunk the labyrinth sort of way.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby tfactor on Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:16 am

The Good Shepherd trailer - but also look here and check out the cast on this movie, the list is HUGE! Plus it has some really great actors in there: Turturro, Palminteri, Hutton (turk), Hurt, Gambon (Albus Dumbledore), Baldwin, Pesci, Jolie, Damon, Deniro the list goes on.

Finally we have something that well ... see for yourself:
...So Goes The Nation

reminder to all; keep political debate in the EFBR
Thanks
T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby tfactor on Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:56 am

Hard Times trailer - Christian Bale

didn't have time to watch this completely or a couple other highdef trailers over on apple, actually the two available in HD only don't seem to be working but this looked good .. to me anyway .. mostly because they had beer for breakfast :D but also because Bale is badass entertaining as a crazy person ... with a gun ... :?

anyway this looks interesting, thought I'd share. There's a couple other trailers in hi-def over on apple but I just don't have the time right now

enjoy
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:12 pm

for Atomic and other fans of Pan-Asia cinema...

A Trailer For Wisit Sasanatieng's The Unseeable

in case you're wondering, Wisit is one of the men primarily responsible for the flourishing "new-wave" of Thai cinema.

Twitch wrote:new ghost story from Wisit Sasanatieng, much loved director of Citizen Dog and Tears of the Black Tiger. This one was scripted by one of the Ronin Team, the group of young horror fiends who gang-directed the Art of the Devil films, and it looks like both author and director are charting some new territory. This is a FAR more subtle work than the Art of the Devil films and it gives Sasanatieng a chance to show a little something other than the massively over saturated palettes of his two previous film. The result? Different than you'd expect from either of them, but looking gooooood ...
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:26 pm

tfactor wrote:The Good Shepherd trailer - but also look here and check out the cast on this movie, the list is HUGE! Plus it has some really great actors in there: Turturro, Palminteri, Hutton (turk), Hurt, Gambon (Albus Dumbledore), Baldwin, Pesci, Jolie, Damon, Deniro the list goes on.

that will probably warrant its own thread.

just a warning before I eventually split it :wink:...
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:15 pm

no problem kind sir, in fact I'll even take care of it for you, you just sit back relax and grab yourself an eggroll.

I'm on it!
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby tfactor on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:54 am

The Messengers

sorry folks but this is only viewable between the hours of 10pm and 5am, so you're going to have to check back here later as I have no idea what damn timezone the owners of the site are in.

IMDB wrote:An ominous darkness invades a seemingly serene sunflower farm in North Dakota, and the Solomon family is torn apart by suspicion, mayhem and murder

I think it sucks that we get teased like this, ow yeah click here and you can see the trailer *click* ow sorry did we say you could see this? we meant you can't
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Ribbons on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:20 pm

tfactor wrote:The Messengers

sorry folks but this is only viewable between the hours of 10pm and 5am, so you're going to have to check back here later as I have no idea what damn timezone the owners of the site are in.

IMDB wrote:An ominous darkness invades a seemingly serene sunflower farm in North Dakota, and the Solomon family is torn apart by suspicion, mayhem and murder

I think it sucks that we get teased like this, ow yeah click here and you can see the trailer *click* ow sorry did we say you could see this? we meant you can't

I watched it last night. Not bad; it's the first Hollywood Pang Brothers film, I believe. The fact that it's being dumped into theaters during the winter doldrums probably indicates that it's not very good, but there were a few small flourishes that seemed interesting.

The girl reminds me of Robin Tunney, for some reason.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby tfactor on Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:03 pm

OK I didn't know who Robin Tunney was so I looked her up and I found something interesting: The Darwin Awards 2006 - I can't freakin believe they made this a movie IMDB and I will certainly be checking this out.

I love these stories, as sick and twisted as that may sound, and now I'm not going to get any work done today because I found this
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:12 pm

tfactor wrote:OK I didn't know who Robin Tunney was so I looked her up

Mmmmmm....

Robin Tunney...

havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:46 pm

tfactor wrote:OK I didn't know who Robin Tunney was so I looked her up and I found something interesting: The Darwin Awards 2006 - I can't freakin believe they made this a movie IMDB and I will certainly be checking this out.

I love these stories, as sick and twisted as that may sound, and now I'm not going to get any work done today because I found this

I am more worried that it is a romantic comedy? Stupid people killing themselves stupidly always makes me romantic :roll:
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Ribbons on Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:51 pm

Why is this trailer only watchable from 10-5? For maximum spookiness?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

PreviousNext

Return to Movie News