Upcoming Stephen King Projects

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Re: Upcoming Stephen King Projects

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:20 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:i guess technically this is a stephen king "project":

Bruce Willis to make Broadway debut in production of Stephen King's Misery

My God this just reminded me of his "singing career" back in the early 90s.... yikes.

i don't think it's a musical. luckily.

maybe he can do a harmonica solo in there somewhere though.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:22 pm

Cybil Sheppard for Annie!! :lol:

Oh wait...this is for real. :oops:
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:04 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: The NeverEnding Stand

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:11 pm

TheBaxter wrote:

see what you've done, Peter Jackson?!?!
SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!!????!!!!

Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Poised to Add TV Miniseries at Showtime (Exclusive)
In addition to movie, Warner Bros., CBS Films and writer-director Josh Boone are in talks to mount an 8-part TV series
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The NeverEnding Stand

Postby so sorry on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:57 pm

TheButcher wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:

see what you've done, Peter Jackson?!?!
SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!!????!!!!

Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Poised to Add TV Miniseries at Showtime (Exclusive)
In addition to movie, Warner Bros., CBS Films and writer-director Josh Boone are in talks to mount an 8-part TV series

So an 8 part mini series leading up to one movie, and apparently I DON'T need to see the 8 hour miniseries to follow the movie? Not buying that one bit. This is pretty damn tricky to pull off.
That said, its one of my all time favorite books, so I'll be seeing whatever the hell they put out there anyway.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:17 pm

it's only mentioned in passing in this article but apparently Mr. Mercedes is being made into a TV movie, to be directed by Jack Bender.

this is on King book that can probably be done justice by a TV movie, and Jack Bender is a good director. i mean, he's no Mick Garris or anything, but he usually does a good job.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:33 pm

first teaser for 11.22.63 miniseries

and teaser is right, 30 seconds, a brief voiceover and some really quick clips. not much to go on.
probably the most disturbing part is this King quote: “Remarkable. Terrific. They did a great job.”
given how poor a judge he is of adaptations of his own work, that quote has me expecting something roughly equivalent in quality to a Mick Garris film.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:58 pm

stephen king jr's NOS4A2 to become an AMC series

what's that, over there? is it ... could it be.... YES! it's mick garris, hiding in the shadows, wringing his hands and salivating with the hope of one day ruining another generation of Kings' works on the TV medium. fear him, joe. FEAR HIM.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:43 pm

TheBaxter wrote:stephen king jr's NOS4A2 to become an AMC series

what's that, over there? is it ... could it be.... YES! it's mick garris, hiding in the shadows, wringing his hands and salivating with the hope of one day ruining another generation of Kings' works on the TV medium. fear him, joe. FEAR HIM.

STOP IT!!!!
MG is like Candyman or Beetlejuice. You say his name three times in a row and he gets work!!

And fuck....Hill needs to play his dad in The Dark Tower.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Stephen King's ‘Stand by Me’

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:15 am

‘Stand by Me’ Oral History: Rob Reiner and Cast on River Phoenix and How Coming-of-Age Classic Almost Didn’t Happen
Brent Lang wrote:It’s been three decades since “Stand By Me” became the little drama that could, catapulting River Phoenix to stardom, establishing Rob Reiner as a director on the rise, and racking up big ticket sales on a paltry budget.

The story of four friends from small town in Oregon, hiking into the countryside in search of the body of a boy who has been hit and killed by a train, is an unlikely coming-of-age tale. Yet in Reiner’s sensitive hands, it becomes a meditation on mortality — one that transcends its 1950s setting to have a universal appeal.

“Stand By Me” is unique in other ways. For one thing, it rivals “The 400 Blows” in its ability to evoke complex characterizations from young actors. Not only Phoenix as spiritual leader Chris Chambers, but co-stars Wil Wheaton as sensitive Gordie Lachance, Jerry O’Connell as wisecracking Vern Tessio, and Corey Feldman as hot-tempered Teddy Duchamp, provide finely wrought portraits of boys on the cusp of adulthood.

For Reiner, best known at the time for playing Michael “Meathead” Stivic in “All in the Family,” it was a chance to step out of the shadow of his father, legendary comedian Carl Reiner, and to position himself as a director of depth and nuance. It launched a career that would see him directing the likes of “Misery,” “When Harry Met Sally…,” and “The Princess Bride.”

But though it is now considered a classic, “Stand By Me” struggled to make it to screens. Financed outside the studio system after the cult success of “This is Spinal Tap,” after nearly every Hollywood player passed on the script, the film was nearly derailed after its funding collapsed right before filming. It then had to hustle to find distribution. To mark its 30th anniversary, Variety spoke to the cast and creative team behind the film.

After convincing a reluctant Stephen King to allow them to adapt his novella, “The Body,” for the screen, writers Bruce A. Evans and Raynold Gideon brought the project to AVCO Embassy Pictures, a production and distribution company owned by Norman Lear. For King, who based the story on his own childhood, it was a leap of faith. The horror writer had bad experiences with Hollywood and was unhappy with adaptations of his books “The Shining” and “Christine.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Stephen King Cinematic Renaissance

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:38 pm

/film:
Just when you thought they were done announcing new adaptations of Stephen King stories, a few more drop out of the sky.

Stephen King Novella ‘Hearts in Atlantis’ Set for Big Screen (EXCLUSIVE)
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:54 pm

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:29 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:18 am

Deadline April 27, 2017 :
‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:24 am

TheButcher wrote:Deadline April 27, 2017 :
‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing

hey, Akiva Goldsman, Mick Garris just called, he wants his old job* back.

* ruining Stephen King adaptations
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Do any of the King fans here plan on watching the "Mr. Mercedes" TV show? I've read several reviews that say it's actually pretty decent.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:07 pm

i'd watch it, except i don't know what channel it's on. in fact i forgot about it entirely until that post. and it's not one of King's best books so i don't feel like i'm missing much.
i haven't been too impressed with the new Mist series either.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:13 pm

It's on the AT&T Audience Network, which I believe is a DirecTV-exclusive thing. But you might be able to watch episodes through a streaming service or... other means.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:38 pm

screw that, i'm too lazy/cheap to spend that much effort/money in finding a tv show unless it's something truly great, which i doubt this is. there are already more good shows out there than i have time to watch as it is.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Previous

Return to Movie News