Vega Brothers

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Which Vega Do You Prefer?

Vince?
30%
Vic?
70%

Total votes : 10

Vega Brothers

Postby colonel_lugz on Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:06 am

We have all been waiting a long time to see whether this film would ever be considered let alone made. This thread will probably sink to the bottom of the ocean but i didn't know where else to post this info from Michael Madsen talking about the concept of the film.

Vega brothers spin-off back on slate

Monday November 13, 2006
Guardian Unlimited

It's the film Quentin Tarantino fans have spent the best part of a decade waiting for. The latest word from Michael Madsen is that the proposed Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs spin-off, featuring Madsen and John Travolta as the Vega brothers, could be heading for production after all.

The idea originally formed in Tarantino's mind because Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction and Vic Vega from Reservoir Dogs had always been conceived as siblings. But with both characters having been killed in their respective films, the only possibility appeared to be a prequel, which was looking less and less likely given the advancing years of Travolta, 51, and Madsen, 48. According to Madsen, however, the maverick director has come up with an ingenious plan to make the film happen after all. He told Moviehole.net: "Well, first he said he would do it, then he said he wasn't going to do it. Then he called me and said, 'You know, I've figured out a way to do it. It can't be a prequel because you and John don't look the same. "It wouldn't make sense as a sequel because you're both dead.' And he gave me an idea that would be really outrageous - that John and I would be the twin brothers of Vic and Vincent. We come from Amsterdam to LA to avenge the deaths of our brothers. I think that's pretty interesting. For me, I'd love to do it." In the meantime Madsen fans will have to be content with the fact that the actor is currently preparing to reprise his role as Bob in Sin City 2.

Probably just a load of crap as Tarantino is constantly talking up ideas that don't progress.

Do you guys want a Vega Brothers film?

Could it work?

Discuss
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:45 am

Vega brothers would be coo. Bu tnot mental about it. Jus tle thim do whatever. Anything he does I'll be happy by it! :-)

And as for crap tarantino talks? I like that. He ain't thinking about press releases and official announcements. He is like a kid in a candy store and he can have naything he wants and his mind works over time and all these film ideas he's alwyas had and no can finally do! Like the Firday the 13th one. I love the jason films and if I was in tarantino's shoes I'd probably say that I'd like to do one. Don't mean it would happen. He's one of us guys, jsut a fucking nerd who can't keep he's thoughts and ideas to himself... :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby MonkeyM666 on Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:57 am

That sounds great... I'll be keeping an eye out for any news. Chears Colonel
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:01 am

I think clones would be a better idea than twin brothers.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:05 am

Tarantino's not done anything truly worth geeking out on since Jackie Brown... time for something of substance, I think...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:16 am

Does anybody else think the concept sounds a little... Kill Bill-ish?

Why not just have the (surviving) Vega brothers do whatever it is that they would have done were the film a prequel?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Doc Holliday on Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:41 am

I'd love to see it get made - but I think its one of those where you just have to enjoy that its being made instead of trying to rationalise it away too much.

I still think Madsen has game - even if he has given us precious little to stake that claim on. I thought his "Bud" was excellent - especially in Vol. 2.

I want to see Madsen do something more than chubby, slightly corrupt cop with two lines - but then again, I've got a bum ticker. Travolta could do with stepping away from the ham and getting back to the cool too.

It wouldn't be the greatest Tarantino film ever made - but it sure would be a whole bunch of fun. So retcon it if necessary, clone 'em if you want or make them the remaining two of a set of quads - whatever it takes, lets see the black suit/black ties get put back on and have us some cool, jive-talkin hitman fun.

And bring back The Wolf too.....
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Vega Brothers

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:40 am

In the meantime Madsen fans will have to be content with the fact that the actor is currently preparing to reprise his role as Bob in Sin City 2.

Ya...

I'll be content that Madsen is gonna play a boring one-note character - that was arguably the worst character in a film filled with fun and lively peeps...

Damn you Michael Bay...I mean Madsen...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby WinslowLeach on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:16 am

I really hope this doesnt happen. QT shouldnt be going backwards. Plus, doing a sequel to Dogs and Pulp would ruin their legacy. This shit isnt Clerks. He already has his Movie Movie Universe for all the crazy sequel-connection stuff. I want to see him go on to do new genres (a spy film, sci fi etc). He should just do Inglorious Bastards and bury the ALF Vega Brothers thing for good.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:24 am

It's a better idea then having a prequel but would they still be related like two sets of twins one older then the others or would they be two urelated sets of twins who happen to have the same last name?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:30 am

I don't see why Tarantino would draw from the well again. He should concentrate on new stuff, not rehashing his former glories.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby magicmonkey on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:37 am

If Quentin was shitting out 4 films a year, then yeah I'd believe in this. However, at his current rate I cannot see this happening. In theory the film sounds like a lot of fun, in that it plays with the setup already explored in "A Better Tomorrow 2" (if memory serves correctly) where Chow Yun studly comes back to avenge his brothers death! I like the nod in this direction.

But, this is also not the first time Madsen has yanked all our collective chains with wild speculation regarding his and Tarantino's next buddying up flick.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby colonel_lugz on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:43 am

magicmonkey wrote:Chow Yun studly

Hahahaha, I love word filters!
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:51 am

colonel_lugz wrote:

That shoud be a T-shirt.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:31 am

Chairman Kaga wrote:
colonel_lugz wrote:

That shoud be a T-shirt.

havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Ribbons on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:38 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:
colonel_lugz wrote:I love word filters!

That shoud be a T-shirt.

IPAMPILASH!

I would totally get that shirt.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:39 pm

Ribbons wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:
colonel_lugz wrote:I love word filters!

That shoud be a T-shirt.

IPAMPILASH!

I would totally get that shirt.

I should start taking orders...

And then head to the mall...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Doc Holliday on Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:40 pm

magicmonkey wrote:If Quentin was shitting out 4 films a year, then yeah I'd believe in this. However, at his current rate I cannot see this happening. In theory the film sounds like a lot of fun, in that it plays with the setup already explored in "A Better Tomorrow 2" (if memory serves correctly) where Chow Yun studly comes back to avenge his brothers death! I like the nod in this direction.

But, this is also not the first time Madsen has yanked all our collective chains with wild speculation regarding his and Tarantino's next buddying up flick.

This makes the most sense to me. ^^

I don't think it would be sacrilege or a waste if Tarantino was to do this film - there's a load of love out there for hese characters and Tarantino is a fan's fan first and foremost.....we're not exactly talking about a director at the end of his career are we? But I get that his current production rate has some people thinking "You know what, if I have to wait another 4 years for a Tarantino film, this wouldn't be top of my list".

And Madsen is a sly dog for this sort of thing.

I still get a kick out of those stories around the making of the Kill Bills, about how he used to regularly turn up at the other actors trailers, pilloring and press-ganging people into going on another Absinth binge with him in some of Mexico's darkest holes. To begin with they all thought it was funny....but soon, one by one, they learned to hit the floor, kill the lights and ignore the knocking on their door until the bad man went away..... :lol:

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lady Sheridan on Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:53 pm

I don't like the twin idea. I would have been into a prequel but this just stretches credibility even for Tarantino's universe.

Why not just have them survive the shootings? Mistaken for dead and all that. It's just as possible as two identical twins in my book. Two bullet-ridden guys past their prime. I like that better.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:14 pm

If Tarrantino is hot for a Pulp Fiction sequel why not something focusing on Jules "walking the Earth".
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:14 pm

I don't think you need worry about the backstory so much - its going to be flawed whatever they come up with. Either you want a Vega story or you don't - this needs to be a case of remembering its just a film, suspending your disbelief and going to see it for what it is - a celebration of two popular characters from two popular films.

Get Madsen to lose some weight, set it at some unspecified point in the past and tell the tale. If you want some sense of historical accuracy go see.....um..... go see........shit....umm... well no film that ever got made in America, but you get my point.... :P

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:34 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:If Tarrantino is hot for a Pulp Fiction sequel why not something focusing on Jules "walking the Earth".

This was my planned post, verbatim. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Brocktune on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:40 pm

WinslowLeach wrote:I really hope this doesnt happen. QT shouldnt be going backwards. Plus, doing a sequel to Dogs and Pulp would ruin their legacy. This shit isnt Clerks. He already has his Movie Movie Universe for all the crazy sequel-connection stuff. I want to see him go on to do new genres (a spy film, sci fi etc). He should just do Inglorious Bastards and bury the ALF Vega Brothers thing for good.

what he said! [/ying yang twins]
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DeadbyDawn on Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:58 pm

It sounds ALF, but Tarantino loves that kind of crap, and I love most of the crap he makes, so I bet I will like it
DeadbyDawn
GLIB

Postby buster00 on Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:39 pm

Moviegoers to Tarantino: "Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy...? Or are you gonna bite?"
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:35 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:If Tarrantino is hot for a Pulp Fiction sequel why not something focusing on Jules "walking the Earth".

Word. Actually, that was eighteen words. I'm seeing Jules wearing a dashiki, bald headed, and a serious fu-manchu 'stache in the middle of Ohio getting pulled into some seriously ignorant shit.

Make it so, Number 2.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby wonkabar on Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:00 pm

Twin brothers? Wait, their mom had twins twice? Or quadruplets with two sets of identical? And if they're out for revenge who do they go after? A (turns out to have survived) Steve Buscemi and Bruce Willis?

Dude, they haven't aged that much. If they both dropped a few pounds they'd look about the same. More so Travola...he didn't look all that different in The Punisher. But hey, if Hopkins could do a prequel 11 years later , they sure as hell can.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby TheButcher on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:56 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby King Psyz on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:21 pm

I don't know about the Vega bros anymore, although someone whould get on making a Super Mario esque game from that Super Vega Bros...

But I would watch the shit out of the Elmore Leonard western they mentioned. Terry Crews as the black guy please, it would be awesome.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:47 pm

King Psyz wrote:

I don't know about the Vega bros anymore, although someone whould get on making a Super Mario esque game from that Super Vega Bros...

But I would watch the shit out of the Elmore Leonard western they mentioned. Terry Crews as the black guy please, it would be awesome.

Tarantino + ANY Elmore Leonard property always = YES PLEASE!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re:

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:02 am

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Return to Movie News