Random Movie News

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Re: Random Movie News

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:52 am

Fievel wrote:JAMES MCAVOY, BILL HADER IN TALKS FOR IT: CHAPTER 2

Bill Hader would be awesome. I like McAvoy, but don't see him as Bill. But as good as the first film turned out, I won't question the casting.

I'm one for two so far. Never would have considered McAvoy, but I could see it.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby Peven on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:34 pm

pathetic. we're less than 48 hours away from the opening of maybe the biggest genre movie ever and this place is a fucking graveyard. crickets. no mods to be seen anywhere. no so-called "comic geeks". no supposed Marvel fans. nothing.

the new "Glass" trailer screened, the follow up to "Unbreakable" and "Split".

crickets.

Tarantino appeared with Brad Pitt and Leo DiCaprio to announce his next movie, "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood".

silence.

weak. sauce. :( :-P
Last edited by Peven on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:25 am

Sounds like a return to the PULP FICTION/JACKIE BROWN era.

I'm now more interested.
caruso_stalker217

Postby so sorry on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:46 am

Peven wrote:pathetic. we're less than 48 hours away from the opening of maybe the biggest genre movie ever and this place is a fucking graveyard. crickets. no mods to be seen anywhere. no so-called "comic geeks". no supposed Marvel fans. nothing.

the new "Glass" trailer screened, the follow up to "Unbreakable" and "Split".

crickets.

Tarantino appeared with Brad Pitt and Leo DiCaprio to announce his next movie, "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood".

silence.

weak. sauce. :( :-P

Well post some shit then dammit!

This is why you and fucking Kirks scaring away The Butcher pisses me off...he would have posted a link to the Glass trailer (didn't know this was out). He would have posted a link to the Tarantino/Pitt/Leo news (didn't know about that either).

Both of which I surely would have commented on. I don't scour the web every day for movie/geek news, I don't have time for that. That's why I loved The Butcher, he did that dirty work.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:05 pm

this is a forum, not a news site! the reason why this place was created was to have a place for people to discuss and debate shit. "no hate, just debate". there was a never a motto about "get your breaking movie news here first!" that is what the main site is for. It takes me about 10 seconds to scan the main page for new headlines and I get yahoo movie updates automatically because I have "liked" their content . i don't have time to scour the internet, either. it really is very easy to stay up on current and breaking movie news without trying hard or spending much time. it IS difficult to for me to find people to talk about movie news with, however, as much of the general public, i.e. coworkers, neighbors, etc. don't have the same level of awareness or interest in movies and have little to no desire to spend time breaking down Tarantino's work, or theorizing about what M. Night will do with Glass or any other number of in depth movie geek type conversions that I come HERE for. I don't come here for a fucking link to that takes me somewhere else to read an article about movies, I come here to have a conversation about a movie-related article or movie news I have already read with other people who are into movies, too, even if they have wildly different takes on them from me, it is better than getting blank stares or quizzical looks from people I work with when bring up how excited I am to see the next genre movie hitting theatres or wanting to break down what Tarantino was saying with The Hateful Eight.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:46 pm

that's nice. but so sorry's point stands. i don't go looking for movie news either, unless it happens to cross my path. not that i'm convinced thebutcher stopped posting specifically because of people like kirks or peven attacking him, but still, this site has maybe a dozen or so posters still active, and if even just 2 or 3 of those people are learning about these films or other stories from his posts, then driving him away is just shooting yourself in the foot. it may not be your preferred way of generating conversation about those films, but it's one way, and therefore one less way if he stops posting. personally, i'm not a fan of trying to shame people into posting about stuff by bemoaning how terrible this board is and how much better it used to be, which is just as old and tired as anything thebutcher ever posted, but hey, whatever you want. it's probably less successful than just posting links to stories, since those kinds of complaining posts make me NOT want to post anything about the movies themselves.

i'm not a "comic geek" anyway, i'm still at least 2 marvel films (that i know of) behind wherever they're at now and i haven't seen justice league either, so i could hardly contribute to anything about the next ones coming out.
i could care less that the Glass trailer screened somewhere, unless it's actually somewhere i can see it for myself (one of those Butcher links might come in handy for that). i'd rather see the trailer and form my own opinion than read the opinions of a bunch of other people, especially when it's just a trailer, which are often not even representative of the quality of the films themselves.
Tarantino announcing the name of his next movie doesn't seem like fertile ground for a very interesting discussion either, unless there's a plot synopsis or some other info about the film to go along with it.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:52 pm

so, you don't really appreciate movies, you're not really a movie guy, not really into genre movies. makes sense that you would choose to post on a forum that was created as a space for people to share ideas and viewpoints on all things movies first and foremost, and leaning toward a genre movie sensibility. :roll:

Butcher was a bot, for all intents and purposes, a non-responsive bot. the fact that he no longer posts here is NO skin off my teeth. i have no idea, no feel for who he was, what he thought about movies, or anything else, because he was a total non-presence here as a human. you can't talk about the latest movie coming out with a fucking link. "so, link, what did you think about that news? wow, pretty heavy stuff, eh?" if he had actually participated in discussions and/or added his take on links when he put them up at least THEN it would make a difference if he still posted here or not.

you like to use this place to drop sophemoric one-liners and whine about how bad The Walking Dead is, even though you continue to help keep it alive by watching it. you're not really invested in the reason why the zone was created at it's inception and the spirit that made this place so engaging the first few years. you used to have an avatar with "her tit is out, let the snake hit it". classy.
a real cinemaphile. so i am not surprised at all that you don't understand why someone would bemoan the demise of the cinematicentric identity of this place.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:46 pm

Peven wrote:so, you don't really appreciate movies, you're not really a movie guy, not really into genre movies. makes sense that you would choose to post on a forum that was created as a space for people to share ideas and viewpoints on all things movies first and foremost, and leaning toward a genre movie sensibility. :roll:

Butcher was a bot, for all intents and purposes, a non-responsive bot. the fact that he no longer posts here is NO skin off my teeth. i have no idea, no feel for who he was, what he thought about movies, or anything else, because he was a total non-presence here as a human. you can't talk about the latest movie coming out with a fucking link. "so, link, what did you think about that news? wow, pretty heavy stuff, eh?" if he had actually participated in discussions and/or added his take on links when he put them up at least THEN it would make a difference if he still posted here or not.

you like to use this place to drop sophemoric one-liners and whine about how bad The Walking Dead is, even though you continue to help keep it alive by watching it. you're not really invested in the reason why the zone was created at it's inception and the spirit that made this place so engaging the first few years. you used to have an avatar with "her tit is out, let the snake hit it". classy.
a real cinemaphile. so i am not surprised at all that you don't understand why someone would bemoan the demise of the cinematicentric identity of this place.

You crack me up sometimes!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:24 pm

I think you made me chuckle once back in '08 :wink: :-P

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:12 pm

Peven wrote:so, you don't really appreciate movies, you're not really a movie guy, not really into genre movies. makes sense that you would choose to post on a forum that was created as a space for people to share ideas and viewpoints on all things movies first and foremost, and leaning toward a genre movie sensibility. :roll:

yeah, because genre movies are the only kind of movies there are :roll:

i don't know what that "her tits out, let the snake hit it" avatar you're talking about. i don't remember anyone here ever having an avatar that resembled that description, and i know i never did.

but hey, as long as we're talking about avatars, maybe you and everyone else here could bother to take 5 seconds to replace or at least remove those fucking photobucket links that don't work anymore. that massive "is this your photo?" image takes up more space and is way more annoying than anything thebutcher ever posted. maybe that's what drove him away... at least butcher kept his av links up to date.

the best conversations i've ever had in this forum have been for tv shows, especially during the runs for Lost and BSG. the GoT discussions could have been nearly as good if there was still as many posters left here as there used to be. the TWD discussions are always going to be shitty because the show is shitty, but you work with what you've got. i've had some decent film-based discussions here in the past too, but the participation level is so poor now, and when much of the discussion comes from a certain smug know-it-all who doesn't value anyone's opinions other than his own, it tends to remove any fun from the process and make it not worth the bother. is it really so shocking to you that no one wants to talk film with you when your default "discussion" mode is to insult and belittle anyone who's opinion differs from your own?

i have much better film conversations with my real-life friends and family, so the fact that this place doesn't really foster much of that anymore doesn't really bother me because i don't depend on this place for that. frankly, i'm surprised this place is still around. it's never going to go back to what it was, so it seems pointless to constantly moan and whine about it.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Wed May 16, 2018 8:25 pm

Enough of your whining. James Ransone was just cast as Eddie in IT CHAPTER TWO.

I called that shit!
caruso_stalker217

Postby Peven on Wed May 16, 2018 9:50 pm

caruso_stalker217 wrote:Enough of your whining. James Ransone was just cast as Eddie in IT CHAPTER TWO.

I called that shit!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Fri May 25, 2018 3:44 pm

And now they've cast some CW twink as Ben for IT TWO. I can't speak for his acting because for reasons beyond my comprehension I have not seen that Smallville Beauty and the Beast show, but he for damn sure looks like he could be a Jerry O'Connellized grown up Ben.
caruso_stalker217

Postby so sorry on Wed May 30, 2018 12:17 pm

Jamie Foxx officially playing Spawn in the new reboot

I went thru a pretty heavy Spawn faze in the mid 90s (comics obviously), really didn't like the movie adaptation, but I think the animated series was good from what i can remember. Normally I'd say this is an unwanted movie property at this point, but since its being directed by McFarland himself, at least I imagine that HIS vision is the one I'd most like to see.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:55 am

Isaiah Mustafa Is Mike In “IT: Chapter Two”

Pretty sure no one called this one. :shock:
I seriously look forward to seeing him play Mike. As far as I know, I only know him as the Old Spice Guy.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:08 pm

The Sandlot is getting a prequel for some fucking reason

This movie squarely falls in the nostalgically-remembered-but-actually-not-good department.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:51 pm

so sorry wrote:The Sandlot is getting a prequel for some fucking reason

This movie squarely falls in the nostalgically-remembered-but-actually-not-good department.

for once you and I agree on something

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:07 pm

Peven wrote:
so sorry wrote:The Sandlot is getting a prequel for some fucking reason

for once you and I agree on something

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:55 pm

It's been long enough since I last saw THE SANDLOT to judge its quality, but it has yummy MILF Karen Allen in it so it can't be all bad!
caruso_stalker217

Previous

Return to Movie News