Random Movie News

All the dirt. All the top secret stuff. Anything that has to do with the process of getting us to sit and watch something projected on the big screen.

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:18 pm

Just wait till havoc makes his Bang Bang Fuck Fuck movie...

Which, is also the working title of said movie...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:22 pm

havocSchultz wrote:Just wait till havoc makes his Bang Bang Fuck Fuck movie...

Which, is also the working title of said movie...

Hmmm.

I thought posts were supposed to be made to entertain the readers too?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:28 pm

Which is why you might as well retire...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Peven on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:42 pm

havocSchultz wrote:Just wait till havoc makes his Bang Bang Fuck Fuck movie...

must be the sequel to "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:45 am

this is a movie i will be following with interest....

Source: Variety
October 9, 2007

Jake Gyllenhaal will team with director Doug Liman (Mr. & Mrs. Smith, upcoming Jumper) for DreamWorks' "Untitled Moon Project."

The action film revolves around a private expedition to the moon and the race for lunar colonization.

The screenplay was originally written by Liman and John Hamburg. Author-screenwriter Mark Bowden (Black Hawk Down) did a complete reconception of the story and will pen the screenplay.

The project marks the return of Alli Shearmur, former Paramount co-president of production, who ankled the studio earlier this year. She will produce alongside Simon Kinberg and Liman
Last edited by Peven on Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby colonel_lugz on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:46 am

Now this sounds very interesting. Good find
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:49 am

Peven wrote:Alli Shearmur, former Paramount co-president of production, who ankled the studio earlier this year.

I'm more interested in this so-called ankling... does it have something to do with lipping tights?
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby colonel_lugz on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:53 am

I think there is a "W" missing somewhere
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:03 am

Wankled? - Liman directed the first 'Bourne', 'Swingers' and 'Go', too.

Exciting news, I say.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Peven on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:38 pm

oh man, this list is mixed, to be sure. gives a little insight to what "joe public" wants see...

from comingsoon.net

"LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The latest Indiana Jones adventure is the most anticipated movie scheduled for release in the next year, according to a poll of U.S. moviegoers.
ADVERTISEMENT

"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," the fourth movie in Steven Spielberg's adventure franchise, topped the survey conducted by MovieTickets.com, followed by the next Batman movie, "The Dark Knight."

The poll involved asking more than 2,000 moviegoers to rank their interest level in a list of movies from 1 to 5.

The top 10 also included several others based on existing film franchises, such as the "Chronicles of Narnia," comic books or old TV shows. Only two originals films -- "American Gangster" and "I Am Legend" -- made it into the top 10.

"The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," starring Harrison Ford as adventurer Indiana Jones, will be released worldwide in May 2008, nearly 20 years after Steven Spielberg and George Lucas last brought the heroic archaeologist to the big screen in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."

Men and women alike ranked the Indiana Jones movie as their most anticipated film, and included "The Dark Knight (Batman Begins 2)," "National Treasure: Book of Secrets," and "American Gangster" in their top 5 films.

Based on the results, the top 20 films are listed below:

1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

2. The Dark Knight (Batman Begins 2)

3. National Treasure: Book of Secrets

4. American Gangster

5. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

6. Iron Man

7. I Am Legend

8. Get Smart

9. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

10. Charlie Wilson's War

11. Hancock

12. Beowulf

13. His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass

14. Mamma Mia!

15. The Incredible Hulk

16. Speed Racer

17. Step Brothers

18. Bee Movie

19. Mr. Magnorium's Wonder Emporium

20. Starship Dave

Reuters/Nielsen"

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:16 am

Peven wrote:oh man, this list is mixed, to be sure. gives a little insight to what "joe public" wants see...

from comingsoon.net

"LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The latest Indiana Jones adventure is the most anticipated movie scheduled for release in the next year, according to a poll of U.S. moviegoers.
ADVERTISEMENT

"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," the fourth movie in Steven Spielberg's adventure franchise, topped the survey conducted by MovieTickets.com, followed by the next Batman movie, "The Dark Knight."

The poll involved asking more than 2,000 moviegoers to rank their interest level in a list of movies from 1 to 5.

The top 10 also included several others based on existing film franchises, such as the "Chronicles of Narnia," comic books or old TV shows. Only two originals films -- "American Gangster" and "I Am Legend" -- made it into the top 10.

"The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," starring Harrison Ford as adventurer Indiana Jones, will be released worldwide in May 2008, nearly 20 years after Steven Spielberg and George Lucas last brought the heroic archaeologist to the big screen in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."

Men and women alike ranked the Indiana Jones movie as their most anticipated film, and included "The Dark Knight (Batman Begins 2)," "National Treasure: Book of Secrets," and "American Gangster" in their top 5 films.

Based on the results, the top 20 films are listed below:

1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

2. The Dark Knight (Batman Begins 2)

3. National Treasure: Book of Secrets

4. American Gangster

5. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

6. Iron Man

7. I Am Legend

8. Get Smart

9. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

10. Charlie Wilson's War

11. Hancock

12. Beowulf

13. His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass

14. Mamma Mia!

15. The Incredible Hulk

16. Speed Racer

17. Step Brothers

18. Bee Movie

19. Mr. Magnorium's Wonder Emporium

20. Starship Dave

Reuters/Nielsen"

:shock:

Joe Public can suck my cow balls.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby DennisMM on Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:22 am

You're complaining about National Treasure when Mamma Mia! came in at 14? Perspective, man! Or, rather, bovine.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby colonel_lugz on Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:00 am

Am I the only one who enjoyed the first National Treasure and the only one kinda looking forward to the new one?
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:14 am

colonel_lugz wrote:Am I the only one who enjoyed the first National Treasure and the only one kinda looking forward to the new one?

maybe, but please, don't let others attitude stop you from talking it up and possibly reviewing it here.

i've started plenty of threads about flicks that have generated rather feeble feedback, but what are you going to do?

write about what you enjoy, that is the conclusion I have come to.

ETA: now excuse me as I go pill pop and bong off to oblivion with a genetically engineered killer sheep splatter flick...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:24 am

It's just that everywhere I turn people a really laying into this film and I'm sat here thinking did I miss some serious plot holes or bungled film making or crap acting? (ok, i'll admit there is some of these prblems with the film) But I found it thoroughly entertaining. It was unabashed adventerous fun
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:58 am

I'm in NT2, Lugz. One spot behind TDK, so I can't feel too bad I s'pose - but you're right Big L. For this fact alone that I'm in it - people should stay well away from National Treasure 2 and you are a complete Goon.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby LaDracul on Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:40 pm

You know what? I'm not excited about the third "Mummy" since it's left in the hands of Rob Cohen and those "Smallville" guys.

I'm much more excited about "Speed Racer" since it's a GOOD attempt at live-action anime ("The Guyver" is dead to me).
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:58 pm

colonel_lugz wrote:Am I the only one who enjoyed the first National Treasure and the only one kinda looking forward to the new one?

Lugzy, sorry, I should elaborate. I thought NT was mildly fun...and NT2 could be mildly fun as well...but what startled me was that it was #3 on that list!!

The third most anticipated movie of next year? Really?

We should start a poll...
Lord Voldemoo

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:06 pm

LaDracul wrote:You know what? I'm not excited about the third "Mummy" since it's left in the hands of Rob Cohen and those "Smallville" guys.

I'm much more excited about "Speed Racer" since it's a GOOD attempt at live-action anime ("The Guyver" is dead to me).

Yea the more I hear about Speed Racer the more excited I get. Since they are trying some new techniques im very interested. Someone here can probably help me remember this better but aren't they shooting for an ultra-high clear movie with very expensive cameras? I think that's really cool. And the cast is awesome. I want to see Iron Man and Indiana and those movies. But I am definitely anticipating Speed Racer the most.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LaDracul on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:18 pm

godzillasushi wrote:
LaDracul wrote:You know what? I'm not excited about the third "Mummy" since it's left in the hands of Rob Cohen and those "Smallville" guys.

Yea the more I hear about Speed Racer the more excited I get. Since they are trying some new techniques im very interested. Someone here can probably help me remember this better but aren't they shooting for an ultra-high clear movie with very expensive cameras? I think that's really cool. And the cast is awesome. I want to see Iron Man and Indiana and those movies. But I am definitely anticipating Speed Racer the most.

Actually, I think there was something about a tattooed Yakuza car in it...going to show how much the filmmakers know about Jp. culture.

If some lolis (Who aren't addressed as little bo peep girls) show up, I'll lose it. XD
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby minstrel on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:15 pm

I kinda liked it, in spite of how stupid it was.

Every time I see the ending, I laugh though.

When Nicolas Cage touches his torch to the oil in the treasure room, causing it to flame up and illuminate the whole thing - well, it's an impressive visual, but I half expected the others to say "Oh, great. Now you've set fire to the whole goddam treasure!" 'Cause he almost did!
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby LaDracul on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:46 pm

Another live-action project from Pixar, "1906", is discussed here.

And, as you can tell by the title, it's about the San Francisco earthquake.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby The Vicar on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:58 pm

LaDracul wrote:Another live-action project from Pixar, "1906", is discussed here.

No, its about the late astronomer Clyde Tombaugh, discoverer of the planet Pluto, born in 1906.
Many people get that wrong.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby MacCready on Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:02 pm

No, its the Atlanta Race Riots of 1906.
Goddam putz.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Fievel on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:29 am

The Vicar wrote:
LaDracul wrote:Another live-action project from Pixar, "1906", is discussed here.

No, its about the late astronomer Clyde Tombaugh, discoverer of the planet Pluto, born in 1906.
Many people get that wrong.

No, it's about Dino getting his first license.. for a horse-driven cart.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby The Todd on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:53 pm

Citizen Kane Oscar under hammer

The only Oscar won for Orson Welles' iconic 1941 film Citizen Kane is to be auctioned and is estimated to fetch $800,000 (£393,000) to $1.2m (0.5m).

The Oscar was for best original screenplay and was given jointly to Welles and Herman J Mankiewicz.

Sotheby's auction house in New York said it will auction off the statuette on 11 December.

Many critics regard Citizen Kane, about a power-hungry newspaper baron, as one of the best films ever made.

Leila Dunbar, senior vice president at Sotheby's, said the prestige of the film added to the statuette's value.

Held in secret

"The movie had a star-studded cast," she said. "Welles was fearless in the filmmaking and he had complete autonomy, all of which helped him create a landmark movie."

The Oscar was believed to have been lost until it appeared at a 1994 Sotheby's auction.

A Los Angeles cinematographer had held it in secret, after being given it by Welles as payment for working with him.

Welles' youngest daughter, Beatrice, claimed the Oscar for herself after suing Sotheby's and the cinematographer.

Oscar sales

But when she tried to sell it, the academy tried unsuccessfully to sue her as part of its longstanding goal of keeping Oscars out of commercial markets.

Since 1950, the academy has required Oscar-winners to give it the first right of refusal to buy back an Oscar for $1.

In 2003, Welles sold the Oscar to the Dax Foundation, an LA-based non-profit group that supports various educational, health and other causes. It is being auctioned by Dax.

In 1999, the best picture Oscar for Gone With the Wind fetched more than $1.5m and Vivien Leigh's best actress statuette for the same movie made more than $550,000.

The very few times something like an Oscar goes up for sale, I wish that I had The Dino's money. I would pay anything for the Citizen Kane Oscar.
i reject your reality and substitute my own
The Todd
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:00 pm

The Todd wrote:The very few times something like an Oscar goes up for sale, I wish that I had The Dino's money. I would pay anything for the Citizen Kane Oscar.

Me too...

So I could scratch out Citizen Kane on it and carve in: Casablanca was/is/and always will be better...fuckers...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:53 pm

My dad's texted me from work, to say that Dustin Hoffman is at Stansted Airport doing a location shoot for his next film "Last Chance Harvey". Emma Thompson is also there.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:30 pm

Fried Gold wrote:My dad's texted me from work, to say that Dustin Hoffman is at Stansted Airport doing a location shoot for his next film "Last Chance Harvey". Emma Thompson is also there.

Sounds great FG. Is your Dad John Mclane?

'Yippe Kaiyay muthafucka'.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:15 pm

There's a advert on the main site main page for a film with teenage chicks wanting to be spanked and shag everything they see. I want you all to go over there now before it gets taken down.

It's called HAVOC 2.

What's all that about then, Havoc?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:15 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:There's a advert on the main site main page for a film with teenage chicks wanting to be spanked and shag everything they see. I want you all to go over there now before it gets taken down.

It's called HAVOC 2.

What's all that about then, Havoc?

I'm sequelizing myself in order to reach (and touch) as many people as possible...

I'm like a Franchise...of Sex...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:27 pm

Havoc 3: Tokyo Drift Apocalypse Nemesis The Revenge
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:29 pm

2 Fluff 2 Havoc...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby minstrel on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:35 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Havoc 3D: Tokyo Drift Apocalypse Nemesis The Revenge The Quickening

I fixed it for you.
minstrel

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:37 pm

You don't wanna see me in 3D...

Unless you like the appearance of things coming at your face...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby minstrel on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:39 pm

havocSchultz wrote:You don't wanna see me in 3D...

Unless you like the appearance of things coming at your face...

Hey, I didn't say anybody'd actually go see this ... certainly not me.

How did Jaws 3D do?
minstrel

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:51 pm

I love the Onion AV Club, and this week they have an on the nose list of actors/bands/ideas that should be reconsidered. The list is brilliant if only for giving Gillian Anderson some much-love. But all of us Hulk lovers will find a shout out as well.

Check it here, bitches.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby tapehead on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:46 am

Film news... well, kinda. Brendon Connelly, occasional lurker and one-man-band at film ick, appears to be scaling back his well-known film news and opinion blog.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby tapehead on Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:35 am

Cronenberg's Next: The Talking Cure. Not that I wouldn't love to see him delve back into his unique blend of post modern philosophy via body horror, but this sounds like it could be fascinating. Anyone familiar with the play?

More here, here and here.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby LaDracul on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:19 pm

BUMPING because it hasn't been OFFICIALLY mentioned here-

Beckett Anime Collector (Which is sadly no longer being published, but it's still recent) reported that Warner Brothers IS interested in making a US version of "Death Note". The star of the Jp. one, Tatsuya Fujiwara, however, wants it to have the entire cast from the original. Um, NO. I'm guessing it's going to have Jesse McCartney as Right and Cillian Murphy as L with Ashley Tisdale as Misa and the voice of James Woods as Ryuuku...
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby Bayouwolf on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:34 pm

LaDracul wrote:BUMPING because it hasn't been OFFICIALLY mentioned here-

Meh. I'd rather see a Battle Royale remake.
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby Maui on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:04 pm

The People have Voted, and they LOVE BOURNE!!!

"Bourne Ultimatum" leads People's Choice nominees

Thu Nov 8, 9:24 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "The Bourne Ultimatum" led the nominations for the People's Choice Awards, an annual event with a dizzying array of categories voted on by the American public, organizers said on Thursday.

The spy thriller was nominated for favorite movie, favorite action movie and favorite threequel. Its star, Matt Damon, was also cited for favorite male action star.

Other multiple nominees included "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" and "Transformers," both of which will compete against "The Bourne Ultimatum" for favorite movie.

Bruce Willis and Johnny Depp will compete with Damon for favorite male action star. Willis and Depp will also vie for favorite male movie star with Denzel Washington.

Jessica Alba also received two nominations, for favorite leading lady and favorite female action star.

Winners in all 38 categories, split among film, TV and music, will be announced during a ceremony at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on January 8.

This year's show, televised by CBS, drew 11.3 million viewers, up a little from 2006, but far below its 1977 heyday of 35 million.
Maui
WoWie

Postby so sorry on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:30 pm

Maui wrote:The People have Voted, and they LOVE BOURNE!!!

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "The Bourne Ultimatum" led the nominations for the People's Choice Awards, an annual event with a dizzying array of categories voted on by the American public, organizers said on Thursday.

The spy thriller was nominated for favorite movie, favorite action movie and favorite threequel. Its star, Matt Damon, was also cited for favorite male action star.

Other multiple nominees included "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" and "Transformers," both of which will compete against "The Bourne Ultimatum" for favorite movie.

Bruce Willis and Johnny Depp will compete with Damon for favorite male action star. Willis and Depp will also vie for favorite male movie star with Denzel Washington.

Jessica Alba also received two nominations, for favorite leading lady and favorite female action star.

Winners in all 38 categories, split among film, TV and music, will be announced during a ceremony at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on January 8.

This year's show, televised by CBS, Grande Rojo's favorite person 11.3 million viewers, up a little from 2006, but far below its 1977 heyday of 35 million.

what the hell? Did I miss a kick ass Alba movie?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Maui on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:49 pm

so sorry wrote:

This year's show, televised by CBS, Grande Rojo's favorite person 11.3 million viewers, up a little from 2006, but far below its 1977 heyday of 35 million.

what the hell? Did I miss a kick ass Alba movie?

I saw that too. Saddened me really. If that's the best they've got for female action star. It takes considerable skill to make a troubled face then turn invisible.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:58 pm

two things:

1) Bourne is all well and good, but this list mostly just reminds me that people are stupid. :P

2)

why do people even quote viewership numbers prior to 1990 anymore??? It's like comparing apples and hand grenades. (sorry, point 2 is a little off topic)
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Maui on Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:08 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:

two things:

1) Bourne is all well and good, but this list mostly just reminds me that people are stupid. :P

2)

why do people even quote viewership numbers prior to 1990 anymore??? It's like comparing apples and hand grenades. (sorry, point 2 is a little off topic)

Idiot's Choice Awards.

I think Bourne fits the male action criteria nicely for this year. :D
Maui
WoWie

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:14 pm

I still haven't seen the new Bourne (which sucks for me) but from all I've heard he sounds like a good choice.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:24 pm

Comingsoon.net wrote:Verhoeven to Direct Thomas Crown Sequel
Source: FilmTotaal
November 10, 2007

Paul Verhoeven (Black Book, Basic Instinct, Total Recall told Dutch radio program "Met Het Oog Op Morgen" ("With the Eye on Tomorrow") this week that he will direct the sequel to 1999's The Thomas Crown Affair.

The follow-up, again starring Pierce Brosnan, is titled The Topkapi Affair and will draw on material from 1964's Topkapi, an MGM film, and the Eric Ambler novel which it was based on, called "The Light of the Day."
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:04 am

I don't know if anyone has already spoken of this, but i like the idea of the film, but it strikes me as the sort of idea that will either be brilliant or terrible...

MySPACE AUDITIONS SECURE FILM ROLES

Ten unknowns have landed film roles alongside Hollywood star Simon Pegg after auditioning on MySpace.
Faintheart, billed as a romantic comedy set in the world of battle re-enactments, is due to hit cinema screens next summer.

Film fans on MySpace selected the movie's director and several of the actors after producers asked people to audition online.

Faintheart tells the story of Richard, a sales assistant, who spends his weekends as a Mighty Norse Warrior in battle re-enactments.

Sick of living in the Middle Ages, Richard's long-suffering wife Cath throws him out, leading him to an epic quest to win her back.

Alongside Mission Impossible and Shaun of the Dead star Pegg, the cast features Auf Wiedersehen Pet's Tim Healy, EastEnders turned Bridget Jones actor Paul Nicholls, The Mother actress Anne Reid, and Spaced star Jessica Hynes (formerly Stevenson).

The unknowns include a York university student - Phil Lester, 20, who is studying for a BA in English language, and a single parent, Rosalyn Scanlon, 31, from Coventry.

An aerospace engineer, Peter Holyoake, 38, from Leicester, won the role of a Viking extra as he has already had plenty of practice with his hobby - taking part in Viking re-enactments around the country.

The £1 million movie, being described as the UK's first "user-generated feature film", is backed by Film4 and the UK Film Council.

Director Vito Rocco was plucked for the role by 500,000 MySpace users who viewed the short film he submitted online. He said: "We've given cinema-goers and online users the first real opportunity to be part of the film-making process right the way through from script to seeing the results of their input up on the big screen."

Source: MSN Entertainment
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby vicious_bastard on Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:23 am

http://www.wired.com/entertainment/music/magazine/15-11/pl_music

Wired has a cool article/interview with the RZA about all the kung-fu samples he used on Wu-Tang stuff. There is a youtube vid of loads of them put together and full mp3 download of the interview at the bottom. Spans both music and movies so I whacked it in here.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

PreviousNext

Return to Movie News